Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Wow that was quite a long talk on Reunion at Dawn. Took a while to read it all. Guess it still haunts us.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ruben before Fates:

EjBweJC.jpg

Ruben after Fates:

e5VDUOQ.png

Is this the Ruben lore I've heard much about?

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Go ahead! Linde is at her best in this game

I find Linde pretty fun to use for the most part. Aura at early game, nosferatu at midgame, and crazy Levin Sword Sword Master late game.

57 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Can't say I have any opinions on Garon at all. He's just..there.

Good for memes, though.

What more could you ask for?

47 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Best Whitewing.

Amazing in every game she's in.

Well, maybe not Shadow Dragon, but even then she's quite strong despite her late join chapter.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I too love Minerva

Glad everyone here agrees on loving Michalis

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

tried @Shaky Jones strategy for Palla not dying in chapter 3 and it worked like a charm! Thanks! Now time for walking simulator…

Yay I did a thing. Now as payment

use Cord

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, my bad for missing it then. More to her than I gave her credit for.

I mean, it's fine if in the end she still isn't to your liking. But at least let it be for something that is true.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

What if it's Paris, Texas?

Why does the USA have every European city for town names?

Why, I wonder......

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Wow that was quite a long talk on Reunion at Dawn. Took a while to read it all. Guess it still haunts us.

Yes.

Just now, Dayni said:

Why does the USA have every European city for town names?

Why, I wonder......

Unoriginality and the pain of having to name thousands and thousands of settlements. It's the same almost everywhere.

Like:

Massachusetts County Map

Can you tell me this is Massachussets or a disfigured England?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Unoriginality and the pain of having to name thousands and thousands of settlements. It's the same almost everywhere.

I mean, I was implying this with that quote. Clearly I didn't make that more apparent.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Massachusetts County Map

Makes sense in a state colonised by Puritans. Still seems a bit weird for it to be the case the further west you'd go to me though.

True fact: there's at least one Boston in Australia, Canada, South Africa and Ireland as well. I wonder why........

Around the day or two before I finished OG1, it dawned on me I had spent over a week utterly enthralled by a single old PS2 game, recalling sweet childhood to me. And what else had I done? Nothing else. Sure part of that was because covid illness, but, it still seemed pretty sad.

After such a period of unbridled happiness, one in a lifestyle that isn't properly balanced, I started to question if naturally I would fall into another melancholic episode. Thankfully, that hasn't happened, yet. But, I am feeling, if not melancholic, a tad self-loathing right now.

Career. It's a word that to my depressed death-obsessed mind has no value (again, it's not active right now), for there is no meaning in a life spent in a profession when the ultimate end is, well, you know. Yet, I remember how all my teachers, all my professors, they were delighted by me and the eagerness I displayed in the classroom. Backed by the quality of my writing. None of that writing has been properly preserved by me, my beautiful academic prose is no longer. And I haven't spent a day since university's end looking for an historical career of any kind. The teacher's pet I was, that I thrived on being, that I wish I could be again, is feeling that kind of ancestral, familial, tribal, national shame at having done nothing to live up to their expectations.

-I tell myself that I don't really need to look right now. Not when parents are thinking of downsizing and the relocation will bring complications. Complications that will only grow when they decide to move out of state, and I of course, being more deep sea tube worm that surrounds a geothermal vent than human, will invariably follow with them. I heard them speaking of their plans to sell the house and where exactly to relocate to. I can't stand it. Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! Just tell me where we're headed day before we leave, that's all I want to hear! I know you need to discuss the matters. But this keeps reminding me I need a job! A job I could have had a half-decade ago you if only you had busted out the whip for ten minutes in my entire life instead of pampering me like a fourth dog.

To support them in their old age with any old job, that should be enough to provide me with that pinch of labor to provide me with balance in life. I have no dreams. If I'm so deficient as to be unable to avoid shaming my professors, at least let me try repaying that irreparable debt good parents foster upon their children. -I say this, but like thunder, I am but sound, without effect in the mundane world below.

So, yeah, not depression, but I'm not exactly enthused by myself right now.😑 Not that I can do a whole lot right now. I've still that covid cough, and I've missed out on helping with raking the leaves, I couldn't help with then Thanksgiving dinner, I couldn't help with setting up and decorating the Christmas tree. I couldn't do any of my few daily chores. I'm feeling a like a drifter through existence, which seems to be my signature state of being, and I'm not proud of that. That December is upon us and end-of-year reflection is also a thing... *sigh*

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like:

Massachusetts County Map

Can you tell me this is Massachussets or a disfigured England?

Taking from New England is low-hanging fruit though. Or really any of the 13 original colonies. Midwest and beyond is more telling.

There are also 25 small towns named "Cairo" in the USA. I read about that once.

Chad tbh.

Half my TL today is Xenoblade 2 anniversary art. Which reminds me, i'm starting a new playthrough tomorrow.

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

except me

I'm not a weeb

You will not know true strength until you embrace the inner weeb within you.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

c2uoqp82tk281.jpg?width=1500&format=pjpg

I look at this image and it looks like Lucario's taking part in an intervention.

"They caught you in 4K"

5 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Fuck hollow knight's soul Master

Atleast add a check point between phases...

Or add a check point before the boss so i don't have to walk through those annoying warping shits everytime i have to retry...

Seems like that brutal difficulty i've always heard about.

You know what game does put checkpoints before the bosses? Metroid Dread. And also Samus Returns. And also like most Metroidvanias i've played, they place a save point like one or two rooms before.

You get what i'm trying to tell you here.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy, I started Cold Steel! 

Enjoy.

Though it will not be until CS2 which determines which path you shall take.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

PeJQDu4.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK
YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DIE BITCH

And there's that feeling of satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ruben after Fates:

e5VDUOQ.png

And to think he almost didn't like it because he did a full generic run the first time and it bit him in the ass.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think I finally landed another job. At a PCB inspection company. Gonna start training tomorrow.

Nice nice. Hope it all goes well.

33 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That'd make for some interesting ancestry for Priam if he were canon then.

The virgin Priam deniers vs the chad Priam believers.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are also 25 small towns named "Cairo" in the USA. I read about that once.

We really liked the name "Cairo" that much huh.

Well when the world is as vast as it is, it only makes sense that cities and towns will end up sharing names.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:
We really liked the name "Cairo" that much huh.

I mean, isn't Cairo derived from the word Conqueror, al-Qāhirah?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Chad tbh.

Wholesome because Coffee with milk is technically... ya know xD

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, isn't Cairo derived from the word Conqueror, al-Qāhirah?

That is quite true. ''The daughter of El-Moez, The Conqueror''

FFaMxweUUAos5Rp?format=jpg&name=large

FFaMxw-VQAEjfAp?format=jpg&name=large

FFaMxwrVUAM0nGX?format=jpg&name=large

FFaMxwZVgAE2GRA?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah they're """"best friends""".

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Wholesome because Coffee with milk is technically... ya know xD

Yep.

This is the only time where the potential polygamy option is based.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

r1h4TbT.png

...i have seen this guy get more strength in 5 levels as a Myrm than magic in 15 as a Mage.

I hope i am not jinx'ing it kek

He never could move on from his origins.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is the only time where the potential polygamy option is based.

Somewhere, Elly is looking on and asking herself "why couldn't Id have been less... Id?". And at the same moment, Fei is ever so lightly pondering the same about Miang.

Ah, I'd say, just about the only prospect of the job I didn't like is the 12-hour workdays. It's countered a little by only being four days a week. Not that it's a big confort. I'd take working almost the entire week if it meant less hours per day. Oh well, at this point beggars can't be choosers. It took me months to have this chance, better not waste it since who knows when another might show up.

In the meantime, I think I'll finally finish up Broken Steel.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

r1h4TbT.png

...i have seen this guy get more strength in 5 levels as a Myrm than magic in 15 as a Mage.

I hope i am not jinx'ing it kek

His magic growth as a mage is higher than his strength growth as a myrm.

It’s not surprising that happened though, Odin hates magic levels so much he goes beyond mathematical logic.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Somewhere, Elly is looking on and asking herself "why couldn't Id have been less... Id?". And at the same moment, Fei is ever so lightly pondering the same about Miang.

"Yeah my significant other may have been possessed by evil but they did look good. If evil, why hot?"

Well the good news there is that Elly could simply get some hair dye and achieve the look.

Fei would have to put in a lot more effort to look like Id.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, I'd say, just about the only prospect of the job I didn't like is the 12-hour workdays. It's countered a little by only being four days a week. Not that it's a big confort. I'd take working almost the entire week if it meant less hours per day. Oh well, at this point beggars can't be choosers. It took me months to have this chance, better not waste it since who knows when another might show up.

There is a study that shows four-day work weeks are more beneficial but i don't think 12 hours was part of the study.

Edited by Armagon

It's 48 hours the week. Which could be spread as eight hours a day for six days the week, leaving the obligatory free day. Or what sounds like the "median standard" or so.

Did that study also defined the hours per week, with the insinuation it could be less hours worked due to only being four days a week? Since beneficial to who, the workers and/or the company?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think I finally landed another job. At a PCB inspection company. Gonna start training tomorrow.

Yay! Congrats!