Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Ninja Hell done. Unfortunately, my precious untainted run is now tainted, because I had difficulties with Kotaro's throne room, and I refused to reset the entire map for that. Oh well. The untaintedness was always going to end in Kitsune Hell anyway.

28 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"which I didn't do because I am a great FE player.", there's that humour I was expecting.

Kept you waiting long enough, huh. Almost the end of the video.

This strat does require not going to the Master Ninja with 40% HP reduction and +1 Mov, so I'll be up front and say I probably won't use this exact approach next time.

What do you mean by this? You mean I didn't capture him? I mean, that's an easy fix. The one at the beginning is really easy to nab, you can just as easily send Niles north instead. The important thing is making Saizo make those moves, what the other units do is up to you.

If you didn't mean this, I'm afraid I don't get what you mean. Please explain.

PEMV

Pepper Mottle Virus? What...?

but having a general approach to this is helpful to tinker with.

Well, that's nice, at least!

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I could've sworn you were trying to put more effort into the captures. I recall Shrimpy telling you that meme runs shouldn't be your first Conquest run.

Guess I'm remembering wrong.

The real problem was Corn. Everything else was really up to par with my other runs, even the bizarre Nyx!Ignatius I got. Kabbãge was the shittiest Corrin in the history of mankind, however. She was a real liability, and the biggest reason things didn't work out.

23 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I've always felt that villains didn't need to be sympathetic to work. But if they're aren't sympathetic they at least need some sense of charisma. Garon sadly doesn't have that. He's really boring in his villainy. 

But I think the bigger problem is that he just doesn't work. For the story of fates to function it was vital for Garon not to be so cartoonishly evil. He might have worked for Plegia but Nohr, a nation Corrin can join and which is supposed to be akin to Tracia there really was no place for a villain like Garon. 

Garon works if you look at Fates's story as a comedic parody. His hilariously dumb writing has a real "so bad that it's good" quality to it. Or at least, so I believe, in my humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sacrifieced Silas to get Nichol..

You say that as if you hadn't profited from the trade off. Nichol is amazing, up to chapter 17 and he's still great just on his bases alone.

...I mean, thank goodness, because the man can't level up. He gains experience at the speed of Ward lol. Might have to retire him soon. But he's put on so much work that he'll head to the bench with dignity.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's actually worse than Petrify in some ways.

The simple fact that it's so easy to get inflicted on it. Sure resist items exist but stun locks is basically a thing.

Thats what I mean, its free wins! Bad idea, lol.

14 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Laura moment

I assume thats a craft she gets later on?

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What do you mean by this? You mean I didn't capture him? I mean, that's an easy fix. The one at the beginning is really easy to nab, you can just as easily send Niles north instead. The important thing is making Saizo make those moves, what the other units do is up to you.

Oh, it is fixable, I understand that.

I do bet I'd struggle to get this right when I get there and decide to just handle it differently though because I can be kind of a tactics fail.

Pepper Mottle Virus? What...?

Personal Experience May Vary.

Ninja Hell done. Unfortunately, my precious untainted run is now tainted, because I had difficulties with Kotaro's throne room, and I refused to reset the entire map for that. Oh well. The untaintedness was always going to end in Kitsune Hell anyway.

Nichol will help you by keeping guys out of range

My run didn't have enough fliers so it was awkward.

Kabbãge was the shittiest Corrin in the history of mankind, however. She was a real liability, and the biggest reason things didn't work out.

I still note mine was 10 speed less than Ryoma. Then again, I killed him with Yamato, who had even less.

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Sacrifieced Silas to get Nichol..

oh well, not like i planned to use Silas anyway. Gazillion CQ runs and never had a good silas kek

Mine's not exactly stellar in Lunatic CQ.

Thankfully all he needs to do is marry Camilla.

Edited by Dayni

58 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can't wait until they animate this part.

Part 6 anime is out, I will watch it later tonight.

In the meantime, you can hear it in English first:

I know Kira Buckland was very outspoken about her desire to voice Jolyne, so I wonder how many people she had to hold hostage to make it happen. There are a lot of JoJo fans involved with this part, aren't there?

Oh hey, Senno promotes after chapter 17. That gives him B lances so I can watch his bugged-ass lance animations from the mod more often, and removes the need to spend a precious master seal on him, which is good, because I have none and Haitaka is already having to wait till Zola.

...He's... also better than Midori. Just, straight up. Not by much, admittedly, but he's still better and requires no promo item.

So uh. Yeah.

Oof.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh, it is fixable, I understand that.

I do bet I'd struggle to get this right when I get there and decide to just handle it differently though because I can be kind of a tactics fail.

Haha... Well, I'll admit, it took me a few attempts. The RNG wasn't kind to me.

Personal Experience May Vary.

Ahhh. I see.

Nichol will help you by keeping guys out of range

My run didn't have enough fliers so it was awkward.

I will help myself by employing Nintendo PC saves.

LFtF3qK.png

You proud, Ruben?

No. Kill Takumi with Haitaka. Then I'll be proud.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

hmhrvzo7pu281.jpg

Kiran's made him too powerful.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...He's... also better than Midori. Just, straight up. Not by much, admittedly, but he's still better and requires no promo item.

So uh. Yeah.

Midori just got put out the back.

yyjLF2M.png

Joooooooo

Funny, I know mine gets a nigh perfect level at level 11 (All but magic)

Trouble is keeping it requires beating Chapter 10.

I have not done so yet.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Should've been called Break Out tho.

Wait it's not?

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Trouble is keeping it requires beating Chapter 10

On Lunatic all level ups are predetermined (either at the start of the game or at character recruitment). So if you reset you will get same lvlups

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

On Lunatic all level ups are predetermined (either at the start of the game or at character recruitment). So if you reset you will get same lvlups

The joke being I have not beaten the map thus have not gained the stats that I know will be coming because Lunatic.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The joke being I have not beaten the map thus have not gained the stats that I know will be coming because Lunatic.

oh xD

Well, don'T give up. On my first ever Conquest luna run a few years ago ch10 took me...

a total of 3 months to beat Ü

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

a total of 3 months to beat Ü

So still half as bad as the worst turn of FE I ever had. (The first turn of Chapter 19 Thracia, where I tried to get everything to go right and failed miserably for ages)

Yes, it took me 6 months.

I haven't played Thracia since clearing that playthrough 5 years ago, why do you ask?

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I haven't played Thracia since clearing that playthrough 5 years ago, why do you ask?

I mean everytime i try to replay Thracia 2x just bores me to death and i stop

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(The first turn of Chapter 19 Thracia, where I tried to get everything to go right and failed miserably for ages)

wasn't that chapter warp heaven

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

wasn't that chapter warp heaven

Yeah, if you had all the warpers in place (Fatigue can be a factor), weren't specifically trying to get all the houses and fight the lot instead of focusing on retreating.

This chapter alone makes maps which force deployment bother me to this day.

Just now, Dayni said:

This chapter alone makes maps which force deployment bother me to this day.

Worse with Thracia's ''can't change map position'' thingy.

Atleast the new tl fixes that

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Worse with Thracia's ''can't change map position'' thingy.

Yeah, I do mean forced order rather than a unit happening to join when you can still change deployment for others.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Effie just missed a fucking 97

a critical 97

at the last turn of ch10....................

I hope i can fix this somehow...

*Phew*

I was able to salvage it

Attack stance :goodciv:

Edited by Father Shrimpas