Jump to content
Julizan

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

Oh, and it gets better. See, my hole to Hell is in the middle of the safe area. If the crimson had taken over the other half of my safe zone, I could've at least kept it at bay from my home.

But no! It completely missed the other half of the safe zone and landed squarely at my house!

Thanks a lot. Really. I am so glad.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Pylon planning is something I highly recommend since it basically erases half the down time of the game.

If we survive this ordeal, I'll keep it in mind. Right now I have other priorities.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Also find a spider nest. Farm some black recluses, get some fangs, you got a pretty good start to hardmode.

Hey, I do have a spider nest. Maybe I can do that. Thanks for the tip, we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's.... certainly a suggestion.

(Do it with Genealogy and PoR, can probably split your attention more easily that way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to see if I at least lucked out and the underground hallow spawned around my hole to hell or something. Nope. It's all crimson for like half the way down.

Welp. Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I'll do it tomorrow, it's getting late.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's.... certainly a suggestion.

Oh that's just genius.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(Do it with Genealogy and PoR, can probably split your attention more easily that way)

You could beat Genealogy in the time it takes for a PoR enemy phase to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

 

If we survive this ordeal, I'll keep it in mind. Right now I have other priorities.

 

Understandable when your home is being infested with blood demons

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I do have a spider nest. Maybe I can do that. Thanks for the tip, we'll see.

Good thing to keep in mind for hardmode (And something you'll learn firsthand regardless) is that all the power you had in pre-hardmode has been lost, because not only are there new enemies that pack some of the biggest punches in the game, but all the old enemies have gotten huge boosts as well. It is way easier to die at the beginning of hardmode so make sure your money is in a safe place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You could beat Genealogy in the time it takes for a PoR enemy phase to end.

I feel like Genealogy took me longer than PoR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Understandable when your home is being infested with blood demons

Ahahahaah... Ahhh, if nothing else, it'll prove to be more interesting than my first run. I remember in that one I just built two Hellevators and thought that'd be enough.

Turns out, it was. Neither going into hardmode nor breaking altars caused any type of corruption to sneak into my home. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Good thing to keep in mind for hardmode (And something you'll learn firsthand regardless) is that all the power you had in pre-hardmode has been lost, because not only are there new enemies that pack some of the biggest punches in the game, but all the old enemies have gotten huge boosts as well. It is way easier to die at the beginning of hardmode so make sure your money is in a safe place.

I never leave home without lugging my safe over my shoulder! Those almost two platinum aren't going anywhere. Unless I am beset by the rare and yet-undiscovered safe robbing enemy. In which case I think it'd be a good time to call it quits and go play Berwick Saga.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel like Genealogy took me longer than PoR.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

same

Oh, for me it most certainly certainly did.

Because I didn't even finish PoR.

For all of Genealogy's flaws, I can at least give it that it is not Path of Radiance. And thank the stars for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my original playthrough of Path took me about 20 something hours

my first completed playthrough of Genealogy took me about 72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kris strategy worked like a charm… except my poor planning (read: my reliance on Ogma dodging a 50) led to me having to use rescue a second time. Oh well, it’s probably fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The Kris strategy worked like a charm… except my poor planning (read: my reliance on Ogma dodging a 50) led to me having to use rescue a second time. Oh well, it’s probably fine.

You'll want one use to save Merric. You'll understand when you get there.

I used to burn through rescue charges like mad in the earlygame, but nowadays Merric and chapter 4 are the only places where I always do. Even Bantu can be recruited and Marth has just enough time to get to Jeorge and then the gate.

So yeah, don't fret too much until you get down to one use. Do try to preserve that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

my original playthrough of Path took me about 20 something hours

I took 40 in Hard. I know I slowed myself down on that one by using units like Mist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bad thing about restarting my play through is that my Luke who had leveled very, very well is now getting very meh levels, while Roderick is getting the insane ones which just… isn’t as funny. I mean, I’m still gonna use Luke and bench Roderick when I get their support, but still.

And up next is chapter 5, the other walking simulator if you want a village. Pain.

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

my first completed playthrough of Genealogy took me about 72

How?

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I used to burn through rescue charges like mad in the earlygame, but nowadays Merric and chapter 4 are the only places where I always do. Even Bantu can be recruited and Marth has just enough time to get to Jeorge and then the gate.

What about chapter 7? There are thieves there with stuff I want (bullion, master seals, seraph robe), far away from where my units start in a forest, BUT there are three archers around. I needed to rescue out my fliers on hard mode.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah, don't fret too much until you get down to one use. Do try to preserve that one.

Can’t I just use hammerene though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I took 40 in Hard. I know I slowed myself down on that one by using units like Mist.

Makes sense.

My original run for Path was on normal too, so that sped things up, no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How?

I mean, it is a long game. A rewarding one, but long regardless.

Add all the arena'ing and inventory management in.

The return spam to promote Lachesis in Ch. 2.

Yeah, I can see it getting up there.

Admittedly, I was surprised by the final time count, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The bad thing about restarting my play through is that my Luke who had leveled very, very well is now getting very meh levels, while Roderick is getting the insane ones which just… isn’t as funny. I mean, I’m still gonna use Luke and bench Roderick when I get their support, but still.

Use Matthis instead. Fuck the womanizer.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And up next is chapter 5, the other walking simulator if you want a village. Pain.

I do kinda wish Marth wasn't the only village visitor. If he wasn't, some of these maps would be a lot better off for it. Chapter 5 especially, since you already have to send troops to save the village from the western thief... Only to leave it there till the map is over and Marth is free to walk up to it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What about chapter 7? There are thieves there with stuff I want (bullion, master seals, seraph robe), far away from where my units start in a forest, BUT there are three archers around. I needed to rescue out my fliers on hard mode.

I do usually let a couple of them go. Not because of the archers, mind, but rather the heroes. Wo dao for example, that one is completely unnecessary. In that case, then no, rescue isn't necessary.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can’t I just use hammerene though?

I mean, sure, but later on the game hands you like two or three other rescues. It's not that great a use of hammerne.

...then again, I never even break the thing. Heck, half my runs I don't even touch it. So what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballisitician is such a broken class lol

Never used it before in fates but this is truely oh my

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

THREE BALLISTICIANS!

I actually plan in my Hard run to take advantage of a Duplicate use to give myself two ballasticians in Conquest.

Sure, not three. I still think it's neat.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck the womanizer.

Wait, don't do that it's want they want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use Matthis instead. Fuck the womanizer.

He’s not reaaaally a womanizer though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Wait, don't do that it's want they want!

True.

Force the womanizer into a vow of chastity.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s not reaaaally a womanizer though.

I said use Matthis. Matthis ia cool, unlike the womanizer.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Haitake pls what are those lvl ups

Hp only???

Res????

Are you fucking kidding me.

He consistently caps 2-4 stats every run for me and then he does this for you?

Clearly he's punishing you for not believing in him and his fellow captured units all these years.

Seriously though, how unfortunate is that? His growths are amazing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What about chapter 7? There are thieves there with stuff I want (bullion, master seals, seraph robe), far away from where my units start in a forest, BUT there are three archers around. I needed to rescue out my fliers on hard mode.

I always use 1 rescue on this chapter, to rescue Feena. I dont like trying to let her survive a turn on her own, and having her with you on turn 1 can get your flier pretty high up pretty fast. O always use dracoknight Kris, but you can't do that, so I imagine draco Sirius or some other flier would help. I imagine he can tank at least one hunter. 

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, sure, but later on the game hands you like two or three other rescues. It's not that great a use of hammerne.

...then again, I never even break the thing. Heck, half my runs I don't even touch it. So what do I know.

That's interesting. I always use rescue. I consider it the most useful item in the game. Its one of the only ways out of trapped situations, and its basically mandatory for full recruitment playthroughs. Its especially helpful on lunatic, where you dont get warp. I always use at 1 hammerne on it per playthrough, often 2. Then again, i do have a habit of having a few leftover uses to spam for lategame. I always try to have 4 uses for endgame to have a backup ltc strat to make sure I don't get stuck on it for how brutal it can be. You get another rescue on chaoter 16, and a potential hammerne on chapter 24 if you didnt completely waste warp, so, so hoarding rescue isn't too important. Just don't completely blow it all off on one chapter. 

Yeah, have 1 use ready for chapter 10. I'd suggest using hammerne once it reaches one use. 

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Never used it before in fates but this is truely oh my

Is it good in fates? I never felt like using it. Actually, is it any fun? Thats the real question.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

kinda wish Marth wasn't the only village visitor. If he wasn't, some of these maps would be a lot better off for it.

Chaoter 5 and 9 would be so much better. DSFE as a whole would improve. Sometimes I just want to train Marth.

55 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

my original playthrough of Path took me about 20 something hours

my first completed playthrough of Genealogy took me about 72

My first PoR playthrough took me almost 60 hours I dont know how, but then my 2nd was about 30.

I dont know how long Geneology took, but it sure felt like 72 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaky Jones said:

Is it good in fates? I never felt like using it.

Only class to have consistent over 2 range.

Sure anything above 2 range can't kill, but you can bring enemies down to 1 HP and then go sweep with your team lol

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Actually, is it any fun? Thats the real question.

It's silly fun if it counts kek

 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you fucking kidding me.

He consistently caps 2-4 stats every run for me and then he does this for you?

Clearly he's punishing you for not believing in him and his fellow captured units all these years.

Seriously though, how unfortunate is that? His growths are amazing...

I mean, tbf, stats aren't everything especially in Fates, and his skill set will ensure he will have use atleast for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...