• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

tenor_1.gif

Sucks that like half the OST for this game is just missing from YouTube.

43 minutes ago, Dayni said:

There's some spice there isn't there?

Not sure what this means but imma assume you don't know how it ends.

You will see.

I made a tier list, namely "how old was that character when they were added to Super Smash Bros.?" The results may surprise you.

Spoiler

0qfzYtW.png

Note how six out of eight Fire Emblem characters are under two years or less.

Wireframe Mac represents the arcade Punch-Out!!, while Little Mac represents the NES Punch-Out!! Characters are ordered within tiers, with characters on the left being older. Ties are when characters introduced in the same game were added in the same Smash (Mario/DK, Peach/Bowser, Pikachu/Jigglypuff, Robin/Lucina, Sheik/Young Link/Ganondorf), and Yoshi/Captain Falcon since Super Mario World and F-Zero were both SNES launch titles. Coincidentally, Olimar/Bayonetta and Meta Knight/Leaf are also ties.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah man, that title goes to Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price.

Technically speaking, that's just something Funny Valentine says when he uses his stand. The stand itself is usually called D4C.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sounds like you're making some good progress. Good work!

Can I borrow your house? 

cfd58Tv.jpg

No, but theoretically you could invite me to your world to help deal with your Crimson problem. I would need payment though, namely that you say good things about Xenoblade.

FELICIA EVADES AN 83
AND YOU DIE TO A 14?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MY BOY WHAT ARE YOU ON

AND WTH RNG. WHAT'S UP WITH YOU THIS RUN?

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Finished Week 3 Day 3...

Spoiler

Felt kinda lazy they gave a generic giant scorpion Plague Noise fight instead of something like Kanon twisted into a Cantus form. And unless the dead best friend of Fret turns out to be someone actually in the game, the day felt like a forceful waste for the sake of his character development. It wasn't bad, but I'm not sure Fret warranted a character arc, nor as flimsy an arc as this. They had built one with his Kanon relationship, but I don't think they put a serious amount of effort into it, it done for the sake of it and little more. This is either Rindo's story, or is it nobody's story and the game is actually plot-driven, not character-driven. 

Then I moved on to Week 3 Day 4...

Spoiler

So Kubo just died to Sho on the spot? I'm actually happy if I don't have to fight the guy, I'd don't care too much about how the disagreeable rubbish go, I didn't need to fight the creep myself to be satisfied with his death.

Oh, and as the opening vision implied, Sho finally returned. And then he brought back good old Leo Cantus. Powering himself with Taboo Noise wasn't enough, now he uses Noise generated from time-rewinds. (Why do I think I heard something offhand once about "wasted time" and energy being a concept deployed in Doctor Who?) I was wondering how he would come back, and it suits him being antagonistic again, I wasn't sure how they would justify him being a good guy in the end. They didn't, which speaks of a measure "don't cave in to fan demand".

I accidentally went into the Leo Cantus fight on Easy, because the Plague Noise fight beforehand annoyed me, because I loathe the wolves and lost to them once. I'm not entirely sure I could've won against Sho on Normal. It was less dodging his attacks that was the problem, as it was that unnecessary armor and his evasiveness. I couldn't really get my Groove up against him all that easily, although it also possibly was the result of poor pin selection going into the fight.

Then Beat attempts a noble sacrifice, only for deus ex machina and Neku returns! Finally. Set to TWEWY's old theme, which would've been a tad more powerful if I hadn't (cautiously to avoid NEO spoilers) listened to Twister on YouTube a couple weeks ago, I had already familiarized myself with it again. So he has spent the past three years in the limbo-like ruins of Shinjuku? Seems like a long time, and I'm left pondering what took him so long to get here. I take it he inherited Sho's high stats from the start of the game so any food that went into Sho didn't go to waste?

I wasn't furiously demanding Neku's return b/c Godly Protagonist I Worship. I wanted to know where he was, but firmly on grounds of his absence needing plot justification. I'll enjoy his return so as long as it doesn't feel forced b/c Neku Awesome. No more headphones because he now listens to the sounds of the world, and a constant smile that could have only come about as a result of being a pawn of destruction overcoming permanent erasure for three weeks straight. The overhaul of dark purple to white is almost as major an overhaul as changing from black to white, and the white is a good contrast to Beat's attire on a different symbolic level. Two oldies alongside four newbies, a delightful final team. Although I might be more fond of the veterans than 3/4s of the novices.

Still leaves the question of Swallow-possibly-Rhyme, why haven't they physically appeared yet? And what of the True Final Boss Sho implied that exists that is greater than Shiba? -Well, Joshua has still been absent this whole time despite being the Composer, has he phoned a truck up his ass again and decided Shibuya ain't worth it? Not to forget Hanekoma. Neku might be back, but certain oldies still remain out of the picture, and that will bother me until the end.

Not much longer to go, just three days so it seems, hopefully things will end on a resounding bang.

Man, i feel a bit of relief right now.

See, to get the true ending in Atelier Lydie & Suelle, one of the requirements is to get a flower rating on every exam. At no point does the game suggest that getting the max ratings is beneficial, making the true ending the one missable thing in the entire game.

FFk6nVgVgAMIAZ7.png?width=768&height=432

Seeing that star on the Atelier signifies i can begin the sequence of events for the true ending. I was paranoid i missed something but now i know for sure i got it all.

But that can wait. Because now, before the day ends, i will begin another playthrough of the greatest game ever made

FFk72vVVEAcdXp5?format=jpg&name=large

... I don't even know what to do. I want out, but have already signed a month-long contract... but also don't have to destroy my legs by standing for almost literally half a day for over half the week. Well, depending on how my legs fare in the morning, I might not even have to make a choice. Here's to another restless night...

@Shaky Jones killed the boss of chapter 20 with Tomas.

He was considerate enough not to post about it here to avoid potentially spoiling Sooks, sending me a PM instead, but I want it to be known: This is one based skeleton. You should all follow his example. Especially you @Sooks. Put Tomas in your team, and you will be very glad you did.

10 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I haven't used Mozu in like 4 runs now and am always switching around units 😛

I doubt Omnyoji Felicia is vanilla. I also doubt Ballista Niles is Vanilla. And i am using Haitaka this time around and i wanna see if i can get Kumegara kek

And Mozu is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from Vanilla. Niles is usually the much popular pick

That's a lot of words to fail to convince me that you're not boring.

Now put some Senno in your team. Dew it, Shrimpers.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

I care a little.

How dare you.

I suspect you had a fair bit going on to make that work regardless.

Not really. Haitaka got a couple levels in Silas's paralogue and then I gave him a rainbow tonic I happened to get. That's it. Honestly, he didn't even need the tonic.

Ch13 is always so deceptive. I always understimate it and always end up resetting a ton lol

It does have that "no big deal" feeling to it, somehow. I think it's the knights. The knights at the beginning are so pathetic, they lure you into a false sense of security.

The illusion is quickly shattered by Orochi, though. That woman is a force of nature, hot damn why isn't she that good in her own game.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, i forgot to post about this yesterday.

FFePKP5WQAMR8_u?format=jpg&name=900x900

They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to ask if they should.

This opens up a big can of worms.

Namely, where are they going to get all of that semen...?

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I made a tier list, namely "how old was that character when they were added to Super Smash Bros.?" The results may surprise you.

Roy was literally a fetus lol.

Pacman being the oldest comes as no surprise, but I do find it pretty hilarious that Pirahna Plant took second place. The plant is everyone's grand dad.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

cfd58Tv.jpg

Overwhelming? We'll see who's overwhelming when I get my hands on that machine gun of edgy biome death.

No

Damnit.

but theoretically you could invite me to your world to help deal with your Crimson problem.

Well--

I would need payment though, namely that you say good things about Xenoblade.

I will deal with this problem myself.

9 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Man, I am so excited for Fire Emblem 2.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... I don't even know what to do. I want out, but have already signed a month-long contract... but also don't have to destroy my legs by standing for almost literally half a day for over half the week. Well, depending on how my legs fare in the morning, I might not even have to make a choice. Here's to another restless night...

Ouch. That sounds pretty bad. Hang in there, man.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That doesn’t sound good. Take care of yourself!

Ahhh, it's a new day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the sky is blue, the grass is green and the poop is brown. Boy I cannot wait to continue playing some Terraria!

...Oh, that's right. I almost forgot. My house has turned into myhouse.exe, the hallow has spawned in the jungle and is thus useless, the underground hallow is in an unknown location, half the NPCs are dead and I still need to beat a boss that I cannot summon on demand due to the hallow's unfortunate state to even begin to fix this mess.

All right, let's get to it.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahhh, it's a new day. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the sky is blue, the grass is green

I almost gained some respect here Ruben, but then...

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and the poop is brown.

Why? Why did you have to go and ruin it?

It suddenly hit me that just because half of my safe zone was actually safe now, it didn't mean it would stay that way. The crimson was a mere 10 blocks away from jumping to the other side of the hole to Hell.

Thankfully, I was able to quickly extend the hole (dying five or six times to divebombing enemies in the process, but who cares) and reinforce it with a layer of bricks. My house is still a creepypasta cesspool, but at least I've contained the demons to a somewhat limited area... You know, my house's area. Between that, the protective gap I dug before going into Hardmode and the natural pyramid underground being immune to infection (I seriously lucked out with that thing) and taking up a ton of space, cleansing the place should be relatively simple once I get my hands on the machine gun.

Keywords being "once I get my hands on the machine gun." I've resorted to creating an artificial hallow behind the dungeon. Might regret it later, but I need souls of light and I need them right now. Besides, the area is pretty well secluded between the dungeon and a pair of living trees not too far away. It shouldn't get out of control.

...I should probably take steps to save the snow biome, though. There is only one in the world, and while it is protected by the dungeon on one side, there's a rapidly approaching crimson on the other. Then again, I could just build a new snow biome if I absolutely needed it... Eh, might be something to do while I wait for the boss to appear. And probably kick my ass and prevent me from saving my home, let's not kid ourselves here.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I almost gained some respect here Ruben, but then...

Why? Why did you have to go and ruin it?

I am very sorry.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, I can't even begin to imagine standing for 12 hours. The most I go at work is 6, any more hours and I'm given a break.

You are given a break, right?

I don't know how binding that contract is but your health comes first.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Namely, where are they going to get all of that semen...?

Salmon. That's what they used in these tests.

Which means you know if this takes off, PETA will eventually come in and make a post about "would you like it if you were jacked off to make plastic materials" and a disturbing amount of people would respond with "yes".

Salmon. That's what they used in these tests.

Oh.

...Man, I would not want to be the species that is chosen for the mass-jacking process if this project takeso ff.

Which means you know if this takes off, PETA will eventually come in and make a post about "would you like it if you were jacked off to make plastic materials" and a disturbing amount of people would respond with "yes".

Good lord. I can totally see it, that's the worst part...

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he illusion is quickly shattered by Orochi, though. That woman is a force of nature, hot damn why isn't she that good in her own game

Orochi for me is like the easiest part of the map. She has a reaver weapon, so a bow or axe unit in a dual attack can take her out fast, and her whole group can be pretty much taken out by Felicia/Jakob if they have Tomebreaker.

I always have more trouble with the Wyverns carring armor units flying towards the team kek. They can one shot any of your squishier beings