Jump to content
Julizan

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

The last thing I need is fuckin' pirates raiding my home.

What is there to raid, you idiots?! I have nothing but demons in my backyard! Stop coming from the east, I have more important things to do...!

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Orochi for me is like the easiest part of the map. She has a reaver weapon, so a bow or axe unit in a dual attack can take her out fast, and her whole group can be pretty much taken out by Felicia/Jakob if they have Tomebreaker.

Yeah, see, I never have a Felicia/Jakob with Tomebreaker by that map. Without that, there's no easy way to handle them.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I always have more trouble with the Wyverns carring armor units flying towards the team kek. They can one shot any of your squishier beings

Those are... manageable. Really, for me the real nasty part of the map is Reina and her army of cavaliers that you can't take on slowly because the outlaw gets to the village if you don't hurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, see, I never have a Felicia/Jakob with Tomebreaker by that map.

even without they should be resistant enough to handle the mages (atleast in the case of Felicia)

I don't have Tome breaker this time, either, but she just wiped the mages out while taking minimal damage from them, and then Niles took care of Orochi with Dual Club Beruka as dual attacker

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really, for me the real nasty part of the map is Reina and her army of cavaliers that you can't take on slowly because the outlaw gets to the village if you don't hurry.

but like

1 turn takes care of those easily enough xD

I guess we play the map in a reverse way or something kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Xenoversary from the Aegises.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've resorted to creating an artificial hallow behind the dungeon. Might regret it later, but I need souls of light and I need them right now.

Souls of Light should still drop from the Jungle's enemies, since they drop from any enemy in the Hallow biome and not just Hallow enemies. Even if they didn't, you could summon the Destroyer using Souls of Night (which should be abundant, considering your base is overrun). I'd consider investing in ammo-conserving equipment once you get the Clentaminator if you want to purify all of your base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My house is a graveyard, infected by the crimson and overrun by pirates.

I'm still waiting for that meteor to fall on it and finish the sequence of literally everything bad happening to my triangle.

25 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

even without they should be resistant enough to handle the mages (atleast in the case of Felicia)

The cavalier is a problem, and Orochi is so amazing that she punches a hole through even high res units.

25 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

but like

1 turn takes care of those easily enough xD

I guess we play the map in a reverse way or something kek

Possibly.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Souls of Light should still drop from the Jungle's enemies, since they drop from any enemy in the Hallow biome and not just Hallow enemies. Even if they didn't, you could summon the Destroyer using Souls of Night (which should be abundant, considering your base is overrun). I'd consider investing in ammo-conserving equipment once you get the Clentaminator if you want to purify all of your base.

Oh. Well, good to know. Once I take care of all the other five or six problems, I'll grab an ammo box from the equipment chest.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

sX8ljmh.png

Lesson_in_hoshidan_Combat.png

Theeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 Day 5 done...

Spoiler

I wonder how the Coco meeting feels for those who played Final Remix, like an awful "villain is actually a hero" retcon?

Tsugumi being explained at last is good. The Plague mammoth boss invoked Easy from me, mammoths are bothersome. Slipping in Shiki's whereabouts was appreciated too, it gets her out of my mind.

The lone question now, the game is clearly foreshadowing that Rindo is not a normal player. And that someone greater than Shiba is the real villain. The question that remains then is this.: Is Joshua the big bad, and Rindo merely replacement Composer material via his Rewind being Dissonance? Or is Rindo Amnesiac Joshua? Are both true and Joshua somehow got split in two (maybe Hanekoma wanted to try stopping Joshua again?)?

Oh, and Fret & Nagi's chatter was good development and rapport, more natural than the Fret & Kanon stuff two days earlier. I'm happy the game didn't force me into a bunch of boss refights on that note.

Week 3 Day 6, I feeling like skipping one of the Pig Noise fights and coming back for it later. The game is now demanding I do a mandatory 5-chain reduction, in an area with mammoths, fun. Even on Easy, I don't feel like it at this late point, I just want resolution and answers to the story. I haven't had my characters eat anything so far during the week, and most of them are presently lacking for any equipment. I'm such a spendthrift and I'm wondering if that's biting me now.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Theeeeeeeeeeeere we go.

Here's the plot twist: He missed the attack and Odin finished him off with the dual attack Ü

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

... I don't even know what to do. I want out, but have already signed a month-long contract... but also don't have to destroy my legs by standing for almost literally half a day for over half the week. Well, depending on how my legs fare in the morning, I might not even have to make a choice. Here's to another restless night...

Oof...

Well, hope that the month passes by quickly, if nothing else can happen.

 

'Morning, all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All that fretting over the underground hallow, and you know what happened?

I drank a teleportation potion that I had lying around, just out of boredom, and it took me to the natural undergroud hollow.

Kick fucking ass, the game can be kind if it wants.

8 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Here's the plot twist: He missed the attack and Odin finished him off with the dual attack Ü

Haitaka is clearly unmotivated by a tactician who so derides him and his peers. You must have more faith in the captures. Show it by putting Senno in your team. Dew it, Shrimpy, dew it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Show it by putting Senno in your team.

eh

dunno

Senno doesn't have anything special unlike Haitaka, Zhara or Kumegara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm here, and not at work. Will have to go tomorrow and see if I can resign.

I'll make due for now and start looking for other jobs prospects. Even if it takes me ten months again to get another...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*The door to the room crashes open as Wraith, replete with several empty whisky bottles in hand, enters the room*

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!

*Wraith opens up a closet door and is promptly drowned in a deluge of empty whisky bottles*

Edited by WraithReborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that underground hallow is in such a shitty spot, though. Quickest way to get there is to drop down to hell, go east until I'm underneath and then go up from there. That's how low it was. I would've never found it by myself.

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

eh

dunno

Senno doesn't have anything special unlike Haitaka, Zhara or Kumegara.

He has a cool design. He also does have exclusive skills... Only problem is, they're underwhelming as fuck. Seal resistance and lucky seven aren't exactly amazing. If you let him promote (it happens after Ninja Hell), he'll also gain B lances, which is neat, none of the other merchants can really ever hope to leave E rank hell for lances.

If we're being serious, he's probably the worst of the capturable bosses in Conquest. But he's still cool. Use him.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm here, and not at work. Will have to go tomorrow and see if I can resign.

I'll make due for now and start looking for other jobs prospects. Even if it takes me ten months again to get another...

That's probably the right call. Having a job is all well and good, but no amount of money is worth destroying yourself on a daily basis like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFnUbVAWUA4ceEb?format=jpg&name=large

And with that, Atelier Lydie & Suelle is finished and, by extension, the Mysterious trilogy. With this, i have played every modern Atelier title that is currently released.

Review soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

*The door to the room smash open as Wraith, replete with several empty whisky bottles in hand, enters the room*

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!

*Wraith opens up a closet door and is promptly drowned in a deluge of empty whisky bottles*

Run from it.

Dread it.

The bottle consumes the one who once consumed from the bottle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My house is a graveyard, infected by the crimson and overrun by pirates.

I'm still waiting for that meteor to fall on it and finish the sequence of literally everything bad happening to my triangle.

Speaking of which, have you got a meteor site in your world yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, twilit of Christmas Past said:

Run from it.

Dread it.

The bottle consumes the one who once consumed from the bottle.

*There is a faint gurgling sound coming from underneath the mountain of empty whisky bottles*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Qpnlzv7z o

Strategy.

Well, I finally have all the ingredients I need to build a boss summoning item. Good thing too, the damn thing is refusing to appear on its own. I also got lucky and found a tied up NPC I don't remember while falling to hell. He has nowhere to go, but the important thing is he's found. I also found another NPC in hell, but I was unable to help him out. Eh, he'll come back.

...Only problem is, now I need an orichalcum anvil. Which means I need orichalcum. Which means I need a pickaxe that can mine orichalcum. Great. I just hope I don't have to go all the way to Atlantis to find some of that shit...

28 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Speaking of which, have you got a meteor site in your world yet?

Two, in fact. I went once, got a bunch of meteor, and then I never touched them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fudge it, a two-phase boss fight where I have to repeat the first if I lose during the second? This is a controller-throwing moment for me. Ragequit the game permanently is in my emotions ATM.😡 Easy still lets the boss deal brick loads of damage, where is a super-easy where I can melt the thing and shift over to focusing on plot?

Could I go out my way and do some stuff to get myself stronger enough to win the fight? Yes. But I really don't feel like it. I want the game to be over, the story resolved, and getting stronger means wasting time having to prepare to fight an unlikable and overused baddie whose passing I will not mind whatsoever. ...I'll just have to try it again once my flames have cooled.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After abusing second seals and maxing out stats I can now finally understand why so many people say that Awakening is too easy.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Qpnlzv7z o

Strategy.

Well, I finally have all the ingredients I need to build a boss summoning item. Good thing too, the damn thing is refusing to appear on its own. I also got lucky and found a tied up NPC I don't remember while falling to hell. He has nowhere to go, but the important thing is he's found. I also found another NPC in hell, but I was unable to help him out. Eh, he'll come back.

...Only problem is, now I need an orichalcum anvil. Which means I need orichalcum. Which means I need a pickaxe that can mine orichalcum. Great. I just hope I don't have to go all the way to Atlantis to find some of that shit...

 

That's quite the pickle.

Yeah, first priority in hardmode is to get better armor and weapons as fast as possible because stuff like this can happen super early.

Like I said, spider nest, spider armor, spider staff. The spiders will carry you far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atelier Lydie & Suelle is a great final chapter in Atelier's weakest trilogy (review)

Atelier Lydie & Suelle is the best game in the Mysterious series of Atelier games and it's not even a question. While the previous two games ranged from meh to alright, L&S injects a ton of life into this subseries and the game itself is on par with the better Atelier games in most regards. This is currently the only Mysterious game where i can say i liked the entire cast, not a single member felt weak. However, there is a caveat here in that this game's cast is mainly made up of returning characters, even moreso than any Atelier title, which i feel vindicates how i feel about the overall cast of this trilogy. What's good here however is that i feel that the new characters can hold their own even without the support of the returning characters. Lydie & Suelle are fun to be around with and is just another example that multiple protagonists is usually better than just having one. The twins bounce off each other so well so i was definitely invested in their struggle.

The alchemy system in this game is basically the same as in Atelier Firis, except it's objectively better, as it's now much easier to get those bonus tiles since there's no more weird lines you have to line up, something that made Atelier Firis' alchemy rather tricky. In fact, i went back to Atelier Firis to see if i was just being bad or if the alchemy system there kinda sucks and you know, i'm feeling the latter on that. Tbh, even after all this time, i'm still not completely sold on this trilogy's way of doing alchemy but i can say i easily had the most fun with that method in this game. The combat in this game resembles that of the latter two Atelier Dusk games as well as Atelier Lulua and i really liked the combat in those games so it's natural that i would like it here too.

This is one of the few times in the series where i have to give praise to the world design. This game's "gimmick" is the various worlds you visit inside paintings, which allowed Gust to come up with more creative world designs. In the grand scheme of things, it's not super amazing but it did allow for some more "out there" world concepts and it even when it's simple, i still found myself really liking. The Starlight Plain, for example, is exactly what it says it is: a vast plain underneath a very starry sky. But the visuals there combined with the music (Atelier music wins again btw) made it become a favorite among the series. It sucks that half the OST just isn't on YouTube.

Out of all the "third games" in Atelier, this one feels the most like a conclusion. A lot of character arcs set up in the first two Mysterious titles are brought to their natural conclusion in this game, whereas usually character arcs are contained to whatever game they started in (which makes sense why the upcoming Atelier Sophie 2 is a midquel). This does have a slight personal negative tho because if it were up to me, i'd say skip Atelier Sophie and maybe Atelier Firis (i say maybe cause i still found it decent) but then you wouldn't get the full experience out of this game if you do. I mean, it's Atelier, so it's all pretty simple, but still. This game also has some weird missing QoL. You can't fast travel within dungeons which becomes a bit of a tedious issue if you need to revisit areas with multiple sections. The true ending has a rather obscure requirement that is totally possible to miss without any indication that you would've needed it. Considering this game has no other missable events besides that, that's especially jarring.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle ends the trilogy with a bang, and it needed to be. While i wish the Mysterious trilogy was overall stronger, i do appreciate what the game did and i'm glad i'm able to complete the Mysterious trilogy feeling good. Especially since, as of this moment, i have played every modern Atelier title currently released.

8/10 

_____________

And on a related note, that means i can finally now do this

my-image_4.png

 

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I also found another NPC in hell, but I was unable to help him out. Eh, he'll come back.

"He'll walk it off".

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fudge it, a two-phase boss fight where I have to repeat the first if I lose during the second? This is a controller-throwing moment for me. Ragequit the game permanently is in my emotions ATM.😡 Easy still lets the boss deal brick loads of damage, where is a super-easy where I can melt the thing and shift over to focusing on plot?

Could I go out my way and do some stuff to get myself stronger enough to win the fight? Yes. But I really don't feel like it. I want the game to be over, the story resolved, and getting stronger means wasting time having to prepare to fight an unlikable and overused baddie whose passing I will not mind whatsoever. ...I'll just have to try it again once my flames have cooled.

I take it it's a "first phase, battle ends, second phase begins" deal? Cause if so, there should absolutely be a save point there or something.

I usually find that cooling off and trying again helps but don't beat yourself up over it if you really can't get through it.

Edited by Armagon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a bit of a break from Conquest since yesterday. Time to continue. Let's beat up Zola for the crime of winning the war.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

After abusing second seals and maxing out stats I can now finally understand why so many people say that Awakening is too easy.

I didn't even do that lol. Panne broke the game on her own. I wasn't even trying to break it, it just happened.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

That's quite the pickle.

A pickle is a way to describe it, yes.

16 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Yeah, first priority in hardmode is to get better armor and weapons as fast as possible because stuff like this can happen super early.

Like I said, spider nest, spider armor, spider staff. The spiders will carry you far!

I will do what I can. I'd hate to have to resort to a cheese strategy told to me by someone else, but the way things are going, I might have to do it, if only just to beat a mechanical boss and take my home back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...