• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man, Shura is so awesome. I don't even plan to use him most runs, but I like him a lot and he's such a genuinely good unit that I just kinda end up doing it. Look at him go, murdering kitsune left and right! That's the way to do it, man! You're doing the people of Kohga proud! Let's ignore the fact that you're spearheading the genocide of a whole species. Haitaka doesn't seem to mind. He just wants to teach them a little lesson in you know the rest.

18 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I like the super stretch for the Luigi's pants -> Kaze's scarf comparison. That's not even close lol.

Otherwise, yes, I see it. Saizo having a moustache is canon now.

...Where does Shura factor into all of this, though? Is he Wario?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me Genealogy has an Arena enemy called Mario. A Bow Knight who can show up in both Chapter 4 and the final one.

Must have been one heck of a painting Mario jumped through to get to Jugdral.

Oh my God there's four kitsune left.

There's four kitsune left and I haven't used save states!

YES! I'VE CRACKED THE CODE! I'M GOING TO BEAT KITSUNE HELL COMPLETELY LEGIT!

Turns out the key was to use Shura.

...Okay, but I better focus. I am perfectly capable of fucking up against four enemies.

My heart almost stopped when Kaden had a 2% crit on Shura at the very end of the map.

Holy fucking shit. But it didn't happen. So Shura cut him to ribbons and Haitaka finished him off, sending him the same way as his brethren.

Which is to say, Hell. Where they belong. Stupid cheating little rats...

OH MY GOD I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT I JUST BEAT KITSUNE HELL LEGIT I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHURA YOU'RE THE BEST I KNEW I WAS RIGHT TO MARRY YOU IN MY SECOND RUN

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, what did the fox say?

The fox said "blaaaaahhhhrgh" and then proceeded to vomit blood and keel over.

...okay no, he actually said "I'm too gorgeous... to die...", but I prefer to think he did as I said.

I didn't remember that Nohr Noble learns Draconic Hex at level 5. Goes to show how little I've used the class. Maybe I should use it more often. Iggy has become quite the badass.

Honestly, Draconic Hex should be the level 15 skill. It is so much more useful than Nohrian Trust, it's not even funny. I mean, not complaining, but... Sheesh.

Anyway, I was going to go play Terraria, but then I remembered the absolute state of the landscape and decided, you know what? I'll keep riding the Conquest victory train for just a while longer. Let's see how we fare against Fuga.

Started playing It Takes Two via the friend's pass with a friend. It's a pretty fun co-op game.

I can't believe i had to make an EA account just to play it tho. Modern gaming moment.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is definitely a game wherein a lot of grading weight will be placed on the last ten minutes. I'm hoping it'll be the bomb, but I'm prepared for it to bomb.

Interesting. Any reason why you feel this way?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Takumi is already a corpse by the time he is fought in Endgame. Therefore it isn't rape. It's necrophilia instead.

...I know, not much of an improvement...

What the fuck did i miss?

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why Cold Steel? Why would you use Float points to determine stats!? Never been a fan of float points.

The fuck is a float point?

Okay I'm done losing. Terraria time. I'm happy though, that was a great run. I beat Zola with one save state and Kitsune Hell without. A fact that still baffles me, and probably will baffle me the rest of my life. It wasn't even Haitaka this time! Haitaka helped, but Shura was the one who wiped half of the kitsunes by himself. Thanks, Shura. I think I must retract my former statement, honestly. The generic adventurer in Shura's map has his merits, double seal skills and max staves are nice, but Shura is definitely not worse than him.

And most certainly not worse than the boots! I mean, c'mon. The game even hands you an extra two deployment slots right after he joins. Even if you're a bore who uses Xander, that still leaves one. Who are you gonna put in the team, if not him? He's a walking pair of boots that can do so much more on top of that, it's amazing.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why does everyone always quote me when this kind of shit happens? It wasn't even my fault this time! I merely relayed Yayoi's great improvement to the thread, it was others who twisted it into something cursed! Others!

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe i had to make an EA account just to play it tho. Modern gaming moment.

I'm still delaying the moment I have to attach a Microsoft account to Minecraft to keep my copy of the game.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just described my day to mam.

Whew, that definitely made it clear how tiring it was.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I didn't remember that Nohr Noble learns Draconic Hex at level 5. Goes to show how little I've used the class. Maybe I should use it more often. Iggy has become quite the badass.

I tend to make sure because -4 to all is nice.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, Draconic Hex should be the level 15 skill. It is so much more useful than Nohrian Trust, it's not even funny. I mean, not complaining, but... Sheesh.

In the right context it can give you so many procs chances are you'll pull one every time while also allowing Corrin to have more guaranteed useful skills to work with.

It takes a lot of work, but I can see it reaping dividends. Better than +10% for any skills from Hoshidan Noble (aka strange combination of stats and weapons and terribad skills)

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It was definitely a train of thought that's for sure.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The generic adventurer in Shura's map has his merits, double seal skills and max staves are nice, but Shura is definitely not worse than him.

Shura could actually get Mechanist as well, which is a problem for your generic boy.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And most certainly not worse than the boots! I mean, c'mon. The game even hands you an extra two deployment slots right after he joins. Even if you're a bore who uses Xander, that still leaves one. Who are you gonna put in the team, if not him? He's a walking pair of boots that can do so much more on top of that, it's amazing.

Again, where you have everything you need there I think the flexibility of one more move has merit.

Shura has merit too though.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm still delaying the moment I have to attach a Microsoft account to Minecraft to keep my copy of the game.

Can you do it forever like winrar?

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The fuck is a float point?

I don't know exactly why, but the way some games, such as Dark Souls and CS, apparently, store numbers isn't exact, meaning that sumber numbers are just approximations. For example, IIRC a number displayed as 3 is actually 2.99-something,. Some numbers go the other direction as well-IIRC 1.3 is that way.

Edited by Benice

Bahahahahaha

Of course.

I go out of my way to gather materials to make a summoning item for a boss, and then a random slime during a slime rain drops a different one.

Thanks. Now let's see how hard I get my ass kicked.

Incidentally, it just hit me that not only did I beat Kitsune Hell legit - I beat it on the first try and without Azura. Clearly Azura was always the problem, I will never use her again.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Shura could actually get Mechanist as well, which is a problem for your generic boy.

I mean, I had him as a Mechanist till Kitsune map. For some reason I keep thinking of Mechanist as a mounted class, even though I'm pretty sure the kitsune wouldn't have dealt effective damage to him. So I changed him.

Either way, I do not regret it. As a master ninja with an Esmeralda backpack he could double the nine-tails. Wow.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Again, where you have everything you need there I think the flexibility of one more move has merit.

Shura has merit too though.

Spare Shura, grab a boots from the path bonus. There, big brain strats.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Can you do it forever like winrar?

Unfortunately, there'll come a point when they'll force you to switch or you'll become unable to play. I'm just kinda waiting till then.

I find that Draconic Hex works much better on Kana than Corn mainly for one reason:

Kana's personal really pushes her to use Dragonstones, and unless she has nuclear Mag and you are willing to use Dstone+, it will most likely not lead to a kill (unless Dual attack), which makes the debuff much more useful imo.

Corn on the other hand can one round most of the time

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know exactly why, but the way some games, such as Dark Souls and CS, apparently, store numbers isn't exact, meaning that sumber numbers are just approximations. For example, IIRC a number displayed as 3 is actually 2.99-something,. Some numbers go the other direction as well-IIRC 1.3 is that way.

I see. I get it......i think.

How much does this actually matter?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spare Shura, grab a boots from the path bonus. There, big brain strats.

I just feel like there are merits to every option, alright?

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

I find that Draconic Hex works much better on Kana than Corn mainly for one reason:

Kana's personal really pushes her to use Dragonstones, and unless she has nuclear Mag and you are willing to use Dstone+, it will most likely not lead to a kill (unless Dual attack), which makes the debuff much more useful imo.

Eheh, you forget I have a 25 Spd Corrin.

I lasted roughly 10 seconds against the boss.

The fact that I'm going to have to do actual progression while my home base is overrun by demons annoys me to no end. The fact that I'm probably going to follow the cheese strat someone else gave me, even more so.

All you had to do was leave my damn house alone, Terraria!

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Reading this makes me realize I don't even know what Kana's personal is.

Sheesh... I took one look at their face and went "yep, I've seen about enough" and proceeded to never, ever use them.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I see. I get it......i think.

Armagon when math:

Just now, Dayni said:

I just feel like there are merits to every option, alright?

I feel my unironically favorite character in Fates has more merit than every other option.

Just let me make a case for my husband in peace, all right?

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Eheh, you forget I have a 25 Spd Corrin.

I mean, considering how you are still in midgame, that's pretty damn fast. My current Corn has 20 speed and i am at the Valla chapter now

Or do you mean late game?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reading this makes me realize I don't even know what Kana's personal is.

HP regen while Dstone is equipped

Edited by Father Shrimpas