Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

43 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

And you didn't even play CS2 yet Ü

Yet. I already purchased it, so it'll come eventually.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I swear, y'all played a different game.

Literally how am the only one who found it decently challenging?

How did you stuggle when everything is inflated so badly?

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Yet. I already purchased it, so it'll come eventually.

How did you stuggle when everything is inflated so badly?

You're right, boss HP is badly inflated.

Well, managed to get a bit further with this back-up job application and... for something to be done at home, it honestly sounds more complex I'm not sure if I can really be up to it.

Today in Banner Saga, I broke down the gates of frost city or whatever and joined a revolution.....I think. Rook took an arrow to the knee, he'll walk it off.

Next on the agenda is war. I charged, having a slight advantage. But I haven't actually fought the battle yet.

....yeah this game's gameplay is really slow. It's weird because the maps are super tiny but it feels like every action takes a million years. Doesn't help that the interface is absolutely not designed for console.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If thats all you think is the games issue, the you really dont understand its core.

Nah there's definitely more issues but "too easy" was never one of them for me.

You and Shrimpy both share something in common tho: y'all play on Nightmare as your preferred difficulty. Wonder if that just makes you too strong experience wise so everything else fall short.

Edited by Armagon

I finished chapter 2 of Steins;Gate. The plot is actually starting to go somewhere, so that’s cool. Kurisu and Luka good.

I also might have encountered the first choice type thing? It was the beginning of a new day, and Okabe was looking for the plot-important-thing, when he randomly got a phone call. Because the plot pointed it out, I didn’t go to the phone manually because so far every time the plot has pointed out something on the phone it has also decided whether or not I get to respond to it. But then it just went away when Okabe left, and after he left he found Shining Finger (I genuinely forgot her name) on her phone outside. So I loaded an old save and skipped back to that part, then had Okabe answer the call and it was from Mayuri, so the next scene was Okabe meeting up Mayuri and having some fried chicken (instead of finding Shining Finger outside), which began a chain of events that led to him acquiring the plot-important-thing. I don’t really see how there was room for the plot to progress if you went the other route, but then again, aren’t most of the alternate paths just earlier endings? Maybe the game just does end because of that, although it’s hard to imagine the entire plot shutting down because of a random phone call and the game letting you not answer. Either way, I decided to stick with answering the phone.

Time for more Steins;Gate out of context!

LLk6Lie.jpg
6XgJkFp.jpg

Edited by Sooks

The more I look at this... the more I feel this is way out of my league. I might have to decline this job too... and maybe really try to salvage the first one, or spend months finding something new...

AGH, why did we humans decided to complicate ourselves like this...

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The more I look at this... the more I feel this is way out of my league. I might have to decline this job too... and maybe really try to salvage the first one, or spend months finding something new...

AGH, why did we humans decided to complicate ourselves like this...

I know I’ve been saying this a lot, but I do hope everything ends well. Take care of yourself!

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was outside the building for almost an hour. I couldn't muster the courage to get in. My next chance won't be until Monday since the offices are closed on weekends so it's just the regular workers.

... I'm pathetic, I know...

Social anxiety is a bitch. Don't let this bring you down.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

It's okay, odds are that she gets 18 consecutive magic level ups! Definitely!

That's the spirit, chief. Don't let anything hold you back. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Have Elen kill Zephiel.

9 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Female Corrin advantages: Everything gameplay-related.

Male Corrin advantages: Felicia.

...Unfortunately, I think I'll take Green Iggy.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

El3PevU.jpg
Never mind, Steins;Gate has lost any shred of realism.

Thanks. I am currently refunding the game. This story is clearly too lighthearted and fantastical for me.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Today in Banner Saga, I broke down the gates of frost city or whatever and joined a revolution.....I think. Rook took an arrow to the knee, he'll walk it off.

Next on the agenda is war. I charged, having a slight advantage. But I haven't actually fought the battle yet.

....yeah this game's gameplay is really slow. It's weird because the maps are super tiny but it feels like every action takes a million years. Doesn't help that the interface is absolutely not designed for console.

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK ALL THE GAMES I LIKE ARE SLOW AND ALL THE GAMES I HATE ARE JUSTIFIED BECAUSE WORLDBUILDING OR SOME SHIT

Though to be honest, after all this time and thinking, I've come to realize the real issue with Trails wasn't the pace, the gameplay or anything like that - it was the fact that I hated every single character other than Estelle, Dad and Olivie -, up to and especially the deuteragonist - but I digress, we don't need to get into that again

Time for more Steins;Gate out of context!

LLk6Lie.jpg
6XgJkFp.jpg

Ohhhh boooyyyy.

Everyone in the Steam reviews was thirsting over this Kurisu person.

Ohhhh dearie dearie.

It's a Japanese game all right.

Noooooooooooooooooouuuurgh

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

To drink are or not to drink…that really isn’t even a valid question.
*Wraith continues to drink from his whisky bottle*

But what if the question is to drink or not to drink alcohol? Water is a thing, you know. You should try it. It has magical properties, I'm told.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But what if the question is to drink or not to drink alcohol? Water is a thing, you know. You should try it. It has magical properties, I'm told.

*Wraith stares at Rubenio with contempt in his eyes*

Magical…properties!?! Do you take me for nothing more then a drunken fool Rubenio!?! No!!! I’ve awakened! This latest heresy must be avenged!!! For shame Square Enix, for shame…

Edited by WraithReborn

All right. I have acquired titanium armor, I've gotten all the potions I could think to get, I have an arena... Surely now, surely now I won't lose so easily. Surely.

1 hour ago, WraithReborn said:

*Wraith stares at Rubenio with contempt in his eyes*

Magical…properties!?! Do you take me for nothing more then a drunken fool Rubenio!?! No!!! I’ve awakened! This latest heresy must be avenged!!! For shame Square Enix, for shame…

There's no reason for this overreaction. It's just water! It won't kill you!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's no reason for this overreaction. It's just water! It won't kill you!

‘‘Twas not the water which wakened my wrath Rubenio, it was Square Enid’s insanity.

Well, that was a complete failure. Three attempts, all failed. What, do I have to play 30 more hours until I can beat a mechanical boss? I'll give a different boss a shot, but I'm not confident in my chances. People online said destroyer was the easiest of the three. And yet it fries my sorry derriere even with all the buffs in the world.

God fucking damnit.

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

‘‘Twas not the water which wakened my wrath Rubenio, it was Square Enid’s insanity.

If you say so, old man. If you say so.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

You and Shrimpy both share something in common tho: y'all play on Nightmare as your preferred difficulty. Wonder if that just makes you too strong experience wise so everything else fall short.

I guess that depends on you're viewpoints.

That could be, but i'm sticking with the fact that CS has crafts that utterly destroy the game's difficulty.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it's fine if you find normal ok, that's what difficulty options are for.

What's not fine is for Nightmare mode to feel like Sky easy mode. Not when Sky offered a good challenge itself and Crossbell had a decent-ish one.

This is Nightmare mode, not easy, not normal, and not hard. Nightmare mode.

The boss didn't get to attack once. And i didn't even get to (or more like didn't want to) use the truely broken builds that can make you straight up one shot bosses.

And it's pretty much my experience with all CS games and it gets easier each game. The only exception is the NG+ boss in CS2, and that's because i faced him with a NG only party.

that was a 30-40 level difference to get a feeling close like Sky again.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Female Corrin advantages: Everything gameplay-related.

Not really.

Sure Jakob is generally seen as better than Felicia, but that's because he has better physical stats and you can reclass him into a mini Jagen or a mini Aran. Felicia is better for a magical suited Corn, which is usually the one i go for.

Also Felicia is a much better Mage hunter, even before tome breaker. She is one of your few units with a good Resistance.

...Unfortunately, I think I'll take Green Iggy

Beruka!Iggy? 😛

Imagine getting triggered by banter.

Also both Okabe and Kurisu are college students fyi.

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

That could be, but i'm sticking with the fact that CS has crafts that utterly destroy the game's difficulty.

and Arts as well. Wait until you get 0 AT/0Delay Arts Ü

Hilarious stuff. Makes Sky3rd Blondie look weak

Edited by Father Shrimpas

15 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

and Arts as well. Wait until you get 0 AT/0Delay Arts Ü

Hilarious stuff. Makes Sky3rd Blondie look weak

At the point i'm at, Arts aren't as strong as crafts, but i 100% believe you when you say this.

Ohhhh boooyyyy.

Everyone in the Steam reviews was thirsting over this Kurisu person.

Ohhhh dearie dearie.

It's a Japanese game all right.

Don’t worry about it, the point is that I didn’t give you the context. Especially for the second one, she was referring to the Japanese drinking age, which she doesn’t meet, but she is an adult. But it also wasn’t what it sounded like in general.

Besides, I’m pretty sure the reason that’s she’s the fan favorite (or at least one of them, so far), is that she’s a closet weeb. In the weeb game, closest weeb + girl = fan favorite.

In other news, I've installed Steins;Gate and the improvement patch. Might start it today, because I really don't feel like playing Conquest or Terraria.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Not really.

Sure Jakob is generally seen as better than Felicia, but that's because he has better physical stats and you can reclass him into a mini Jagen or a mini Aran. Felicia is better for a magical suited Corn, which is usually the one i go for.

Also Felicia is a much better Mage hunter, even before tome breaker. She is one of your few units with a good Resistance.

That's true, but Female Corrin herself is so much better for eugenics than Male Corrin is. Male Corrin is actively detrimental in that regard, in fact. Felicia may be better in some situations, but Female Corrin is straight up better than Male Corrin no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Imagine getting triggered by banter.

Also both Okabe and Kurisu are college students fyi.

Oh so she was just joking?

Good. It's not as Japanese anymore.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Don’t worry about it, the point is that I didn’t give you the context. Especially for the second one, she was referring to the Japanese drinking age, which she doesn’t meet, but she is an adult. But it also wasn’t what it sounded like in general.

Besides, I’m pretty sure the reason that’s she’s the fan favorite (or at least one of them, so far), is that she’s a closet weeb. In the weeb game, closest weeb + girl = fan favorite.

Aha. Well, neat.

I forgot to deposit my paycheck last night. I can do it now but it won't be processed until Monday 😔.

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK ALL THE GAMES I LIKE ARE SLOW AND ALL THE GAMES I HATE ARE JUSTIFIED BECAUSE WORLDBUILDING OR SOME SHIT

Honestly, I can kinda it compare it to Gravity Rush 1, where the gameplay just feels unnecessarily slow. Granted, it's more egregious in Gravity Rush 1's case but still, I wish Banner Saga didn't feel so slow. FE4 unironically feels like it has a better speed and that game is already molasses.

46 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I wish it destroyed the difficulty for me 😔.

Nah jokes aside, there are some pretty busted ones. But nothing ever reached Justice Bullet levels of broken for me.

31 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

What's not fine is for Nightmare mode to feel like Sky easy mode. Not when Sky offered a good challenge itself and Crossbell had a decent-ish one.

Haha well you know how I feel about higher difficulty in turn-based RPGs.