Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good. It's not as Japanese anymore.

The drinking age in Japan is 21, not 16 or 18 fyi

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Did Cold Steel break Speed even more than it already was!?

The formula is the same

It's just much easier to stack speed to hell.

Also no longer does everyone start with 0 delay like in Sky/xbell, but it depends on speed. That means you could outspeed bosses with characters like Fie by 3 turns or so

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

I wish it destroyed the difficulty for me 😔.

Nah jokes aside, there are some pretty busted ones. But nothing ever reached Justice Bullet levels of broken for me.

Hmmm... I guess in my case: I see something that's "good" and compare it to the medium, and if it stands out too much, then it's an issue to me. Like, STR/ATS/SPD +25 stands out as "game-breaking" to me since that's simply three buff moves in one, thus three extra turns that i didn't have. Stuff like that to me, takes strategy and challenge out of the system at it's core.

Sure i could say, well, why not just not use it? Well, i shouldn't have to literally cripple myself to an extreme to find challenge, it should naturally flow with the pacing of the game. 

Short version, comparing makes balance hard. 😂

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The formula is the same

It's just much easier to stack speed to hell.

Also no longer does everyone start with 0 delay like in Sky/xbell, but it depends on speed. That means you could outspeed bosses with characters like Fie by 3 turns or so

I noticed this, it's pretty dumb honestly. The stuff in CS has way too little Delay at base: as in you get way too many turns across the board.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other news, I've installed Steins;Gate and the improvement patch. Might start it today, because I really don't feel like playing Conquest or Terraria.

Interesting, do let me know how it goes. I can’t decide if I think you’ll like it or not, since the number of anime funny moments™ is pretty low and the only really questionable one is understandable since the person involved just experienced some very shocking stuff. But it is very anime in general, and I don’t know if that alone is a turn off for you without the questionable stuff.

It also doesn’t unload the entire plot onto your brain in the first 5 seconds, but it doesn’t take that long to get there (I’m already there at 5 hours). However, I don’t know if your patience will be shorter with the entire thing being the plot.

Still, do give it a try!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha well you know how I feel about higher difficulty in turn-based RPGs.

Wait, I don’t. How do you feel about higher difficulty in turn-based RPGs?

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

i shouldn't have to literally cripple myself to an extreme to find challenge

This so much.

Sky had me use everything it had to offer, Xbell i just had to limit myself to no items.

CS I didn't half even use half the stuff and it was easy af

People kept telling me stuff like ''Don't use S-breaks'', ''Don'T equip MQ'', ''Don't x/y/z''. Basically limiting myself to an extreme degree and not using mechanics centeral to Trails gameplay that i enjoy.

It's like telling me to not only use Iron sword and to never attack in player phase all game long to get a challenge out of a FE game kek

Edited by Father Shrimpas

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Buff's need to be decreased from 25% lmao. way too much power in those.

In CS there are 2 levels of buffs, 25 and 50%. You can stack a 25 to become 50.

The problem isn't the buff itself but how you can just status lock the boss and outspeed them to hell with that buff

6 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

The drinking age in Japan is 21

It's actually 20 but that hardly makes a difference tbh.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sure i could say, well, why not just not use it?

I don't think anyone uses "just don't use it" as a justifiable excuse.

Well it depends. Maybe.

Like "don't use Turnwheel" is fine.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, I don’t. How do you feel about higher difficulty in turn-based RPGs?

It's so easy for higher difficulties to just become tedious statfests where every enemy hits harder than an asteroid impact and has the durability of fucking vibranium or whatever fictional metal you can think of.

At least in action RPGs (or just action games in general), you deal with that with your own skill, not how much numbers you got.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The more I look at this... the more I feel this is way out of my league. I might have to decline this job too... and maybe really try to salvage the first one, or spend months finding something new...

AGH, why did we humans decided to complicate ourselves like this...

Reading your current situation, I don't blame you feeling like you couldn't walk in and make your case, it's hard to do so generally especially in a system that expects you to work along with it and not raise a fuss.

Course, if you don't think you can perform a role like that (whether it's the expectations in WFH or the demands that the role would provide regardless), it's understandable to be worried about trying to, regardless of if you decide  to go for it, try and fake it till you make it or not take the chance. I have that problem as well. One that I have gotten arguments over.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's true, but Female Corrin herself is so much better for eugenics than Male Corrin is. Male Corrin is actively detrimental in that regard, in fact. Felicia may be better in some situations, but Female Corrin is straight up better than Male Corrin no matter what.

It's funny that you require DLC to Pair M!Corrin and all of Gen 1 without losing out on a kid, at least early on outside BR (Early on being pre-Ch 17).

Well that or you pair Corrin with a babyrealm character and I was already feeling icky enough on pairing future kids to Robin, so you can guess my feeling on this.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

The drinking age in Japan is 21, not 16 or 18 fyi

Nobody:

Me, a foreigner was wasn't drinking until 21: "Damm Americans and Japanese!"

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least in action RPGs (or just action games in general), you deal with that with your own skill, not how much numbers you got.

Hey I have a recommendation for you then!

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

CS fans do, and i got told that multipe times lol

That's cringe.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey I have a recommendation for you then!

Well Ys Celceta is on the wishlist.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's so easy for higher difficulties to just become tedious statfests where every enemy hits harder than an asteroid impact and has the durability of fucking vibranium or whatever fictional metal you can think of.

Yes, this is true. It definitely depends, but it absolutely can be like this.

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Interesting, do let me know how it goes. I can’t decide if I think you’ll like it or not, since the number of anime funny moments™ is pretty low and the only really questionable one is understandable since the person involved just experienced some very shocking stuff. But it is very anime in general, and I don’t know if that alone is a turn off for you without the questionable stuff.

All I wish is that I don't end up hating everyone like in Trails.

It also doesn’t unload the entire plot onto your brain in the first 5 seconds, but it doesn’t take that long to get there (I’m already there at 5 hours). However, I don’t know if your patience will be shorter with the entire thing being the plot.

Dude, you don't get to give me this anymore. You got bored of Disco Elysium while I loved it all the way through. That game was all text!

Still, do give it a try!

Yeah sure. If nothing else, I can annoy Shrimpy with hate for his favorite games some more. That is never fun, but uh... Where was I going with this, again?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, you don't get to give me this anymore. You got bored of Disco Elysium while I loved it all the way through. That game was all text!

Well yeah, but your play through also somehow got to be 20 hours while I’m way behind the end of the game at 17 hours.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All I wish is that I don't end up hating everyone like in Trails.

I can see you liking Luka, at the very least. You’ll probably either love or hate Daru, and I could see you potentially liking Kurisu. And you’ll probably at least not hate Suzuha, there’s not really anything to hate there.

57 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

In CS there are 2 levels of buffs, 25 and 50%. You can stack a 25 to become 50.

The problem isn't the buff itself but how you can just status lock the boss and outspeed them to hell with that buff

Yep, I remember from Zero. 

True, true.

Man

Why did i never try Berserker Beruka so far. She has amazing SKL Growths but not so got STR and SPD, and Berserker fixes STR and SPD while making use of her SKL for crits for days.

Her tankiness tanks quite a bit tho.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oogof...why do the Covid shots always have to hit me so hard...

rest well!

Edited by Father Shrimpas

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well yeah, but your play through also somehow got to be 20 hours while I’m way behind the end of the game at 17 hours.

I mean, yeah.

...if by 20, you mean 37. Then, yeah.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can see you liking Luka, at the very least. You’ll probably either love or hate Daru, and I could see you potentially liking Kurisu. And you’ll probably at least not hate Suzuha, there’s not really anything to hate there.

Sounds like something. Anyone else wanna weigh in? @Father Shrimpas who do you think I'll hate?

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah.

...if by 20, you mean 37. Then, yeah.

Oh yeah, 20 is the wrong game. Oops.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sounds like something. Anyone else wanna weigh in? @Father Shrimpas who do you think I'll hate?

If you want who I think you’ll hate, I’m 10000% sure you’re gonna find Mayuri painfully generic. Not hate, but you will find her generic. I mean, maybe that means hate to you, idk.