Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Mayuri

Did you have to say it

She was my first thought at well lol.

Well, she truely shines in S;G0 and you see how important she is, but S;G is Okabe's and Kurisu's story

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yes, this is true. It definitely depends, but it absolutely can be like this.

Mmm. SRPGs are the worst offenders when it comes to this. Lunatic FE is just stat inflation to the moon and it makes training anybody way harder than it needs to be.

gsdx-20211204100936.png

Time to give it a try. 

Opening trailer shows they didn't nail the character design the first time. Cartoony, oversimplified, and rough are words I could use to describe it. Could be bias speaking but I do prefer how they refined it later. Emphasis more on Reiji than Xiaomu is understandable given Saya is more his antagonist, yet still odd in light of Xiaomu's greater popularity in due time.

Now, let me get underway, to my third & first meeting of the Shinra Duo + Saya (and her goons), and my fifth & second encounter with 'MOS. The first in Monolith's impromtu line of what is now five games spanning two genres to share a general combat system. All crossed, yet united solely in story by the presence of the aforementioned four.

CHANGE OF PLANS!😅

I didn't need inasmuch as to kill the first enemy to conclude I'm going to postpone NxC until December 25th at the earliest. 

First problem- the font. I'm alright with the frequent typos and text box overflows of this antiquated fan translation, those don't bother me too much. It's the l e t t e r  s p a c i n g. I'm sometimes "Font Sensitive" I've discovered with video games. Not all the time, but I became aware of this when trying to play XCX without an HDMI cable on the big screen, the lettering was too small. Combat menu font isn't as problematic as story text thankfully. Unfortunately, any translation is better than no translation at all XS I&II, and fan translations are already an ordeal, so I don't see the game getting anything better anytime soon.

I'd be alright putting up with the first problem, but I've realized I want to address the second issue before I actually play NxC- my lack of a controller. My PS3 Dualshock doesn't connect to PCSX2, and I'm not going to swap my Switch Pro Controller to the gaming laptop either. I had my concerns about going in controller-less here, but then I did make it through SRW OGs using solely the keyboard. Yet for NxC, the greater interactivity of combat makes that a big no. I will, thanks to store cash obtained when purchasing my gaming laptop, be getting a "complementary" 8Bitdo controller for Xmas, hopefully that'll readily connect to the emulator and alleviate this problem.

Until then, NxC is frozen. I'll keep Xenosaga hermetically sealed in its maintenance bed until then as well.

As for what to fill the 21 days until Xmas with then? Well, sure, I'll resume Xcode tomorrow, after another day of meditation so as to prepare for puzzle koans only a bodhisattva or better could solve. And besides that... I've other things in my backlog (Etrian Odyssey Nexus being the most bothersome one). I've also the inkling to eschew my plans to delay Kyosuke's Route until after XS Episode II and start and finish those 42 battles before Xmas. I would then delay the OG2 portion of OGs for a very long while, months, after XS Ep III as according to the earlier plan. (Berwick Saga is still on course to be after XS Episode I for those interested in that knowledge.)

Well @Interdimensional Observer, the good news is there are ways to deal with the OP bosses.

Spoiler

It's a superboss, you think I'm just going to put it in one spoiler?

Spoiler

This is impressive.

Shows the builds and all, but despite being level 1, that's irrelevant when he's going damageless as that doesn't alter Atk. It's also why he clearly triples down on the pin he does because it's super effective against Leo Cantus. The Groove boost also doesn't matter too much here because he doesn't use it much.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I will, thanks to store cash obtained when purchasing my gaming laptop, be getting a "complementary" 8Bitdo controller for Xmas, hopefully that'll readily connect to the emulator and alleviate this problem.

Use for my Switch, can confirm it is good.

Just be careful you don't knock off the cover on the lower triggers, did it to myself.

2 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Hmmmm.

Hard to say.

I can think of a couple you might hate, but i don't wanna give you any ideas before you start lel

Not very specific. Then again, that's probably for the--

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

If you want who I think you’ll hate, I’m 10000% sure you’re gonna find Mayuri painfully generic. Not hate, but you will find her generic. I mean, maybe that means hate to you, idk.

That's the tuturu girl, isn't it.

It's 100% the tuturu girl...

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Did you have to say it

She was my first thought at well lol.

This is not reassuring for this character. But, let's keep an open mind. Perhaps we'll be surprised.

1 hour ago, Father Shrimpas said:

ksm6xcm.png

Kill them Niles and finish the war pls so i don't have to go through Fox hell

Top 10 reasons Zola is the real hero of Fire Emblem Fates

Number 1:

44 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ugh it's Kitsune hell time...

Nope, enough Fates for today

and mabye for the whole week

Feeling this way myself, actually. Though not for the same reasons, of course. Too much difficulty, not feeling the challenge vibe right about now.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Top 10 reasons Zola is the real hero of Fire Emblem Fates

The hero the players need but not the hero Fateslandia deserves

Edited by Father Shrimpas

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I finally finished Awakening yesterday so it's about time I try out Fates once again and see what the hype is all about.

just a reminder: Don't expect anything from the Story^^

Enjoy peak FE gameplay however!

7 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

just a reminder: Don't expect anything from the Story^^

Enjoy peak FE gameplay however!

As it was my first Fire Emblem I understand well enough how...curious the story is.

I do remember it being a perfect evolution of gameplay though! I particularly remember the weapon triangle being far more relevant than it ever was in Awakening.

Edited by GuardianSing

bbGmxVH.jpg

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not very specific. Then again, that's probably for the--

That's the tuturu girl, isn't it.

It's 100% the tuturu girl...

Yeah… I mean, even I found her painfully generic.

Although I thought that, but this line

WeJ7Rfo.jpg
Did warm my heart juuuust a little. (This being her first thought for “practical applications” of sending emails to the past.) Her voice actor also does a phenomenal job, imo.

25 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Good morning!

I finally finished Awakening yesterday so it's about time I try out Fates once again and see what the hype is all about.

Are you going to play Conquest? That’s the one that pretty much all of the teehee hype is about.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are you going to play Conquest? That’s the one that pretty much all of the teehee hype is about.

I'm still deciding I suppose. I played Birthright recently but that playthrough felt so empty that I kind of want to give it another try.

gsdx-20211204131312.png

Much sooner than I initially conceived, and I still have my reservations about doing so, but I'll start that semi-awkward other version of OG1. I want to play something on my gaming laptop ATM, and if NxC is too jarring played on keys, I'll go back to the one game I know I can work with in the format. From Reiji to Kyosuke, not much of a shift at all.😆

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well @Interdimensional Observer, the good news is there are ways to deal with the OP bosses.

*Skims video*

Impressive, I like seeing people break the hardest challenges in games legitimately. But I'm not going to get to it right now, good to know of it if I need it though.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Use for my Switch, can confirm it is good.

Just be careful you don't knock off the cover on the lower triggers, did it to myself.

Thank you for the advice.😀

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Impressive, I like seeing people break the hardest challenges in games legitimately. But I'm not going to get to it right now, good to know of it if I need it though.

It's a good suggestion that isn't Black Cat set (the equivalent of Black Planets from the original) or Four Seasons builds like I've been using so far (Four Seasons are the pins talking about seasons from Gatto Nero, they all heal with light attacks and it stacks when you have all four), though of course it works off of being super effective as well, you would have to use different pins for other AD bosses.

4 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Not in Conquest Ü

Ngl, none of what I've seen from you and Ruben have convinced me that Conquest Lunatic is good.

Then again, I'll be using battle saves if I ever do that 😉

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20211204100936.png

Time to give it a try. 

Hopefully you enjo-

CHANGE OF PLANS!😅

I didn't need inasmuch as to kill the first enemy to conclude I'm going to postpone NxC until December 25th at the earliest. 

Well then.

First problem- the font. I'm alright with the frequent typos and text box overflows of this antiquated fan translation, those don't bother me too much. It's the l e t t e r  s p a c i n g.

Yeah that was an issue for me too. You could tell this fan-translation is rather ancient and the game's niche status means it never really got updated.

I take it the translation for Exceed fares better.

I had my concerns about going in controller-less here, but then I did make it through SRW OGs using solely the keyboard. Yet for NxC, the greater interactivity of combat makes that a big no.

Is it really more interactive tho? Most of it is just pressing the D-pad in a direction plus circle. I was able to get through just fine with keyboard.

I'll resume Xcode tomorrow, after another day of meditation so as to prepare for puzzle koans only a bodhisattva or better could solve

Looking forward to see what you think of the Wave Element when you get to it.

Edited by Armagon