Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I'd like to learn Japanese anyways so it's still in the realm of possibility!

...But yeah I'll probably just emulate it.

I'm getting ahead of myself though. On to Fates!

Yes, of course. Just a suggestion for the future. Fates is pretty nice too! Have fun, and employ capture.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

fyi

The options might really only take effect later, that's a VN staple 😉 

Ooo… well, not answering really did seem like it would be better for plot reasons, but since Kurisu didn’t believe Okabe when he tried to talk to her about the plot, I went with the phone call. And answering the phone did seem to unlock new emails from Mayuri, which I didn’t get at the same point when I didn’t answer the phone so… I think this is good?

Man, I don't feel like playing anything. Doesn't happen often, but I'm just watching videos to pass the time because I don't feel like doing anything more involved. Maybe I really should start Steins;Gate tomorrow, seeing how it's basically just a book with cute anime images.

3 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

why doesn't Fates have any beast slaying sword or something smh

Because swords are supposed to suck.

Seriously though, I don't get it either. The game usually does a good job of having equivalent weapons, and yet for beast slaying there's only a lance and a knife.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

cute

Ü

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously though, I don't get it either. The game usually does a good job of having equivalent weapons, and yet for beast slaying there's only a lance and a knife.

I kmean, i get it, they don't want the weapons to feel samey and all and gave every weapon something. 

But a beast Slaying sword would've made that map much more bearable, considering Sword users are the only one who will have 80+ hit on these fuckers

You won'T believe what i am trying atm lol

CboUSV5.png

Physical Elise!Ophelia lolol

It probably won't work, but atm i am just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

She's the only spear User who has Vantage and a decent hit due to dark mage skill, so she's my only chance...

IF i could somehow get Vantage on Effie hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by Father Shrimpas

I don't think I've ever posted here before, but I'll chip in to that sword thing.

From what I can tell, there aren't any beast-slaying swords because they have dragon-effectiveness locked to swords (and tomes with the Dragon Spirit, but that's literally the only weapon). It sounds stupid the way I put that reasoning, but that's all I can think of.

Either that or I'll swap Conquest out for New Mystery for the time being. I still kinda feel like playing some FE, but I'm not in the mood anymore for something so intense as Conquest, nor so involved as Berwick. New Mystery is such a chill game, though. And every time I play DSFE, it impresses me how pleasant they are to play. It really doesn't get any better than them, everything is so fast and skippable and sleek. Buttery smooth gameplay right there, even 3DSFE doesn't quite match up. It's close, but not quite there.

...Or maybe I just throw caution to the wind and go Berwick. Berwick's not as buttery smooth, but it is such a pleasant game to play. Y'know, misses and all. Ahh, we'll see. For tonight I'll just watch some more videos.

Just now, Father Shrimpas said:

Ü

Don't do that. I have heard things, man. No specific spoilers, of course, but everyone's always talking about how the game takes a turn at some point...

I kmean, i get it, they don't want the weapons to feel samey and all and gave every weapon something. 

Aaaand swords have what, again? Because I honestly can't remember anything they have beyond exceptional suckery.

But a beast Slaying sword would've made that map much more bearable, considering Sword users are the only one who will have 80+ hit on these fuckers

Shura with the hunter's knife had 100% on them.

I am not kidding. 100% on them. All of them except like, Kaden.

You won'T believe what i am trying atm lol

CboUSV5.png

Physical Elise!Ophelia lolol

It probably won't work, but atm i am just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

She's the only spear User who has Vantage, so she's my only chance...

IF i could somehow get Vantage on Effie hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well... Good luck. Conquest is flexible enough that this should work out.

Just now, Sooks said:

Interesting reaction…

Well, the images themselves have mostly been cute. So far.

Keyword here being "so far." If this is anything like Trails, it's going to be super lighthearted and lackadaisical until it gets edgy completely out of nowhere 90 hours in.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Ü

See?

Just now, indigoasis said:

I don't think I've ever posted here before, but I'll chip in to that sword thing.

Welcome!

Just now, indigoasis said:

From what I can tell, there aren't any beast-slaying swords because they have dragon-effectiveness locked to swords (and tomes with the Dragon Spirit, but that's literally the only weapon). It sounds stupid the way I put that reasoning, but that's all I can think of.

Ooohhhhhh yeah, I completely forgot, the wyrmslayer. You know, the thing I've... never gotten any use out of.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shura with the hunter's knife had 100% on them

2 Problems:

1. I have no more Heart seals to use or to buy. My silly
  2. I am saving the Armor scrolls i have for something to use later. Although i could use an Armor scroll if needed. 
6 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I don't think I've ever posted here before

Welcome, lost lamb!

Welcome to the best Thread on the net^^

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't do that. I have heard things, man. No specific spoilers, of course, but everyone's always talking about how the game takes a turn at some point...

Really? I actually haven’t come across that, although I only really looked at the Steam Reviews.

Then again, the trailers make a certain dark plot twist really incredibly insanely obvious, so that’s probably the turning point. I mean, I’d like to believe the game wouldn’t spoil a major plot twist in its trailers but… I’m pretty sure it does.

There is one thing I gotta say. I tried S;G earlier, just went into the menu to make sure everything worked, and I was surprised to find out there were apparently no mouse controls. That's a bit weird, I'd expected a VN to have mouse controls, since you're just selecting menu options. Eh. No biggie, just thought I'd point it out.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

2 Problems:

1. I have no more Heart seals to use or to buy. My silly
  2. I am saving the Armor scrolls i have for something to use later. Although i could use an Armor scroll if needed. 

I didn't actually use an arms scroll on Shura. I got lucky and obtained a raider knife, which is an amazing weapon for E rank. He used that to handle the upper half of chapter 17 and he reached D in time for Kitsune Hell.

2 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Welcome, lost lamb!

Welcome to the best Thread on the net^^

It really is the best thread on the net. Where else are you going to get anime when you lose units in an FE ironman?

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

''Yeah children in this game's story are a mess, but good gameplay so who cares''

-Excel

They really do handwave the amount of neglect those kids must've gone through. Well, except for Niles. Nina has plenty of words for Niles about it, because Niles is a dick so the game is allowed to acknowledge the parenting problems with him specifically.

...And Arthur, for some reason.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Really? I actually haven’t come across that, although I only really looked at the Steam Reviews.

That's where I saw it myself, though.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Then again, the trailers make a certain dark plot twist really incredibly insanely obvious, so that’s probably the turning point. I mean, I’d like to believe the game wouldn’t spoil a major plot twist in its trailers but… I’m pretty sure it does.

Good thing I haven't watched any trailers, then.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Completed Shin Megami Tensei V yesterday on the chaos ending. I was planning to get the true neutral ending, but the level scaling made fighting the super boss and practice in  either a strong team or grinding.  Overall the exploration is one of the strongest assists. Da'at is a great area to wander about with meaningful goodies every corner. Gameplay continues the series tradition of being tough but fair, especially in the early-midgame. Story is a bit underbaked with characters and beats coming and going before I got a chance to truly meet. Omagatoki: Critical and Dampeners nearly folded the game in half.

I give the game a 7/10, good rpg to add for the SMT and Switch collection. With the possibility of a 8/9 if the issues are address in the possible rerelease.

Welcome! I don’t know anything about that game, but someone here probably does because that is the power of teehee.

21 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

And welcome to you too!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good thing I haven't watched any trailers, then.

Yeah, if there is a “turning point”, the trailers do an absolutely horrible job of hiding it.

Hey @Sooks when you continue FE12. Remember to use Malice. Malice is cool. I don't think I've pushed this particular unit on you yet! Also Frost, please use Frost and join the Frost fan club, there's like two of us, pleeeeaaaasseeeeeeee

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Welcome! I don’t know anything about that game, but someone here probably does because that is the power of teehee.

Fairly certain I've seen Armagon and Observer talking about SMT at some point. And ages ago I shared my own experience with the franchise, but I don't think anyone who remembers what it was wants to hear about it again.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah, if there is a “turning point”, the trailers do an absolutely horrible job of hiding it.

I don't think anyone cares to hide it. All the reviews I found were like "okay so this is boring for like 30 hours but then The Funny happens and it becomes the bestest masterpiece in the history of mankind."

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, of course. Just a suggestion for the future. Fates is pretty nice too! Have fun, and employ capture.

I'll probably wait later in the day when it's dark and I can get nice and immersed.

I wonder if I should customize Corrin to be anything different or just keep them the same as I usually do...

How do skills and children work in this game again?

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Unpromoted Units learn skills and lvl1 and 10, promoted at 5 and 15. Kids inherit the last skill equipped from each parent (you can change that from the skill menu)

It's good from the start tbh

Of course you'd say that.

You'll be hearing from my lawyers if the game doesn't download a minimum of 3 terabytes of pure, distilled goodliness into my brain 3 seconds after start-up.

I'll probably wait later in the day when it's dark and I can get nice and immersed.

I wonder if I should customize Corrin to be anything different or just keep them the same as I usually do...

Well, this is just me, but whenever I play a FE with avatars, I heavily customize them and even imagine a little backstory for them. Obviously unreflected in the plot, but I find it fun. Same ol' face is boring.

You have two units fuck in varying degrees of questionable context. Then they transfer the lowest skill in their skill list to the child.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey @Sooks when you continue FE12. Remember to use Malice. Malice is cool. I don't think I've pushed this particular unit on you yet! Also Frost, please use Frost and join the Frost fan club, there's like two of us, pleeeeaaaasseeeeeeee

Isn’t Malice the one who’s name has 50 billion translations you can’t keep up with or was that a different M-unit?

So why should I join the Frost fan club?

I don't think anyone cares to hide it. All the reviews I found were like "okay so this is boring for like 30 hours but then The Funny happens and it becomes the bestest masterpiece in the history of mankind."

Hey, you like Omori, you don’t get to say this. Sure, Omori “gets good” after a couple hours in the dream world, but Steins;Gate also “gets good” after a couple hours. And they both save their turning point for later, while managing to be good before they get to The Funny™ that ascends them to god tier.

Well, I guess Omori‘s turning is more gradual, but I can’t compare that to S;G’s because I haven’t gotten to The Funny™, I’m just 99% of what it is.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Unpromoted Units learn skills and lvl1 and 10, promoted at 5 and 15. Kids inherit the last skill equipped from each parent (you can change that from the skill menu)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You have two units fuck in varying degrees of questionable context. Then they transfer the lowest skill in their skill list to the child.

Aptly put, thank you. Just had to make sure it was the same as Awakening before I did anything.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, this is just me, but whenever I play a FE with avatars, I heavily customize them and even imagine a little backstory for them. Obviously unreflected in the plot, but I find it fun. Same ol' face is boring.

In Awakening I usually keep Robin as they are since I see them as their own character rather than an empty shell for me to portray myself in.

Corrin on the other hand is pretty empty so I probably will customize them to my hearts content. Plus it'll be a fun way to differentiate playthroughs!

In Awakening I usually keep Robin as they are since I see them as their own character rather than an empty shell for me to portray myself in.

Corrin on the other hand is pretty empty so I probably will customize them to my hearts content.

What i usually do is make Corrin a Robin...

as in make Corrin a Grandmaster kek

It has somehow wormed it's way in my playstyle to usually make Corrin a Grandmaster. It's just a class that fits ''lord MC'' so much lol

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t Malice the one who’s name has 50 billion translations you can’t keep up with or was that a different M-unit?

No, that's Malicia, Marisha in your patch. Malice, Maris in my patch, is the woman who should've been a merc, but it doesn't matter because she's a falco. She's basically Athena but she joins earlier than main campaign Athena, thus being Navarre but she joins a bit later and is not a hateable trope.

Oh, and she's like, the hottest woman in the series. So uhh. Yeah. I won't lie, I'm a shallow man and that's the whole reason she's one of my favs. Her design and personality are just... oh, so good.

Double oh, her dad is a viking. I mean, c'mon, I can't be selling this more than I already have. Her dad is a viking! You get a viking!

So why should I join the Frost fan club?

Frost is the kindest grandpa in all of Archanea. He's a super nice dude who chases down an army so he can thank them for indirectly saving his family, who can't even fight well but joins the army anyway because he genuinely wants to help out and who claims he only gained his power because of his love for his family.

And yet he has a huge, square shaped frown. I'll never stop finding that amusing. I mean, I get why that's the case, in his original game he shared his portrait with a friggin' manakete boss of all things, but... they could've changed his design a bit lol. He looks like someone who would break your arms for telling him good morning, and yet he yelps "yowie!" when he almost runs into a pole in his supports with Kris. You can't make this shit up.

Honestly though, I do quite enjoy his character. He's just this really swell, pleasant dude. This is reflected in his performance as a unit, interestingly enough. FE12 is rather hit or miss when it comes to gameplay-story integration (looking at you, Assram), but with Frost, they nailed it. Compared to other prepromoted mages in the game, his tome rank base is extremely shitty at D, and his magic is also quite low. However, he does have C staves, which allows him to support the army from the backlines. He's not great, but he's better than a lot of FE12's lategame free silvers, simply because he can use staves to some degree of efficacy. If you have the need for a backup staffer, he can be your man.

Also, I like his design. It's unique. Man may be balding, but he rocks some serious sideburn game, and an evil guy collar because again, his appearance completely belies his personality.

Hey, you like Omori, you don’t get to say this. Sure, Omori “gets good” after a couple hours in the dream world, but Steins;Gate also “gets good” after a couple hours. And they both save their turning point for later, while managing to be good before they get to The Funny™ that ascends them to god tier.

You son of a--

Well, I guess Omori‘s turning is more gradual, but I can’t compare that to S;G’s because I haven’t gotten to The Funny™, I’m just 99% of what it is.

Ahahahahahahahahahah.... Oh, fuck.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Aptly put, thank you.

Mine was particularly aptly put.

Just had to make sure it was the same as Awakening before I did anything.

The first part is the same, at least.

Edited by Saint Rubenio