Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Someone who's good at numbers, explain the empirical rule or whatever is going on here.

I actually like understand the logic going on here, what stumps me is literally how the fuck did they get those percents. Everything else i get.

Its just a feature of the Normal distribution. If you don't have access to a calculator, the important percentages to know are that within 1 standard deviation of the mean covers 68% of the distributions, within 2 standard deviations of the mean covers 95% of the distribution, and within 3 standard deviation of the mean covers 99.7% of the distribution.

So with 95% of the distribution being the distribution between +/- 2 standard deviations, and with the distributions being symmetric, that leaves 2.5% of the distribution being more than 2 standard deviations below the mean, and 2.5%  being more than 2 standard deviations above the mean.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tbf, the guy kinda does deserve it. He has Resolve, which offers an impressive +50% Str bonus in PoR -but having only a Bolt Axe means he can't get the full benefits from it. That's a big mistake.

Still killed my Haar.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good thing Rapunzel ain't in the games... imagine how OP she'd be!

I mean, she would have insane grabs and throws in a Smash clone.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

It seems (the first scene anyway) to pick off literally where the first movie left off.

It does do that, but we don't know how far off it is from the rest of it's movie, though now that you mention it I suspect it'll be close.

(And with that I realised I forgot he got a growth spurt from the spider bite. Last night me forgot that. In my defence I was tired.)

All right. Today is the day. I'm going to beat a mechanical boss in Terraria or die trying.

11 hours ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Soon you will come in the thread everyday going TUTTURUUUUUUUUUU!

No.

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

That name isn’t ringing any bells…

You fought them a couple times in SD. The characters I mentioned, you didn't reach in your hard run.

10 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Sounds like we've used the opposite side of the cast. I haven't used Yubello,Yumina, Sheena, Malice, etc, while you haven't used Caesar, Radd, Darros, Wendall (I think), etc. I suppose I mainly just re use meme units from SD, since I like doing New Mystery right after an SD run, which I do frequently. Gotta dedicate more runs to mystery exclusives.

Please do. The New Mystery exclusives are pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Well, I mean, I said I'd die trying, and die trying I did.

God fucking damnit. I got it to 1/3rd of its health and then I died. Then on the following attempt, I prepared even more... and died way sooner.

And now I have to go grind ingredients to craft more summoning items and potions. Hurray.

Just gotten to outside the south room in Treason.

Looking for recommendations, especially for trying to also capture the Berserker with dual blow skills.

Note that so long as it's possible falling back is totally viable, especially with two ballasticians.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You fought them a couple times in SD.

To be precise, the Sable Order is fought twice. Once at the two bridges before Tiki's chapter, and then Camus's battle.

In terms of total battles, Grust in Shadow Dragon is fought 10-11 times (the 11th being the deployment of two Cavs to Chapter 2, it hardly counts). This is the most of any enemy army in the game.

• Macedon is fought 6 times, plus twice more when when they deploy smaller contingents assisting a larger force.
  • Dolhr is fought 4 times.
  • Khadein/Gharnef's forces are fought 3 times.
  • Gra is fought once, twice adding in the whole of the SD Prologue chapters.
  • And Bandits are fought 4 times (and Pyrathi and the "Keepers" of Nagi's tower are one-battle each).

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its just a feature of the Normal distribution. If you don't have access to a calculator, the important percentages to know are that within 1 standard deviation of the mean covers 68% of the distributions, within 2 standard deviations of the mean covers 95% of the distribution, and within 3 standard deviation of the mean covers 99.7% of the distribution.

Would there ever be more than 3 standard deviations in the context of a standard level college mathematics course? If so, what percents follow? (I realize this question kinda vague).

Besides that tho, if I get this right, the number you get off the division is how many standard deviations there are and I just simply apply the percentages, correct?

Oh and if I do have a calculator (I do), how would I find those percentages? 

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Actually i started the 29th of November. XD

What is time.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Would there ever be more than 3 standard deviations in the context of a standard level college mathematics course? If so, what percents follow? (I realize this question kinda vague).

It's not a thing that'd come up, the normal distribution doesn't really deal with it.

Source: quite a few stats modules

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You wont, but for your own curiosity +/-4 standard deviations is something like 99.99% and 5 is roughly 99.9999%, which is so close to 100% that it barely matters.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Besides that tho, if I get this right, the number you get off the division is how many standard deviations there are and I just simply apply the percentages, correct?

basically, although depending on the question you might need to get creative with how you find the percentage you are looking for.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRGHHHH

Lblphleg o

HURRAAAAAAAAA

AAAAARRRRRRGGHAHAAAAA

Finally figured out the problem. This stupid boss deals a billion damage when it rams into you, but otherwise it's pretty lame. So I just focused on avoiding its head, and then I weighed anchor on its body until it broke.

Yar har ho, motherfucker. I am getting my house back!

Of course, just because I finally beat a boss doesn't mean the game is about to go down without a fight. I built some rooms for the NPCs (read, the girl who sends the biome killing gun) to spawn, and then just as the dead began to reappear, I get a solar eclipse and a blood moon in succession. So I can't make time go fast, and I can't get new NPCs. So I just gotta sit here and hope the game lets me make progress at some point.

Hahahahah

Ahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST 2 platinum for the clentaminator! What a god damned fucking robbery!

...Ahh, who cares. I'm filthy rich, I haven't spent a dime since I went on hardmode. I will fork it over. Now let's take back that triangle!