Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

The feels. What a beautiful track.

Also, now that I have the sound and movie libraries unlocked, I can’t decide if I like the first or last opening the best.

5 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I mean Sern found out due to D-mail experiments using their servers and the whole ibm thingy

Time machine can still exist later without D-mail

Spoiler

Yeah, but in this wordline the Future Gadget Lab’s time shenanigans didn’t happen, so Suzuha would have no reason to leave a divergence meter with Tennouji specifically.

Although, if the divergence meter still exists, that means Okabe would have had to have gotten involved with time shenanigans eventually, since he made it… hmm…

Reveal hidden contents

well, honestly

we don't know mach about that worldline. Afaik it was the omega convergence field or something. But atm it's a ''happy'' ending with the bitterness of Okabe losing everyone's friendship/his lab except Faris

Yeah, regardless of what it is it’s still a really thought provoking ending.

Maybe it's just me, but i usually like to leave True ending for last

Well, you’re the expert, so I’ll go check it out, hoping it doesn’t take that long.

It's the choice of the Steins Gate

El Psy Kongroo.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

And Broken Steel done! Fought my way through the Mobile Base Crawler, and used the Enclave's own satellite-based bombardment weapon against them. Though, if you feel like it, you can target The Citadel and destroy that instead. Unexpectedly, Fallout 4 reveals it's canon the Mobile Crawler was the one destroyed. You know, before Fallout 4 I would've considered a waste to destroy it as the Brotherhood of Steel could've just took it... but well, now on hindsight it was for the best. Better not have let them keep that... to think, if they had it alongside Liberty Prime and the Prydwen.

Three DLC down, two left. Next will be Point Lookout... but that's for next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That’s alternate ending 2 done! Once again, the devs had the option of a going a very predictable, boring route for this ending that would have culminated in the game essentially going “you failed!”. Instead, this ending went in a completely unexpected direction with a couple twists and was incredibly thought provoking. This game is so good!

Next time it will be back to the main plot.

Spoiler

I kind of wish if they were going to go the dark time loop route, they were going to construct an ending entirely around that that would have culminated with something super dark, instead of them dipping their toes into a dark and disturbing ending and then turning around and going to just “Suzuha ending”. I can see why they handled it this way, and this ending was still great, but I would have preferred it if we got the generic Suzuha ending and then got a truely dark time loop ending later.

This ending also adds Okabe to the list of characters who have phenomenal voice acting performances, his voice acting was great here. It really conveyed everything.

So Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 will be the first game in the series to have a English dub

FF-NZL2WUAE9b51?format=png&name=360x360

Why is the Game Grump there?

Anyways i'm way too used to the Japanese voices so i won't be playing English. I do hope it's good for those who want to tho.

Flew through eight(?) battles of OG1 Kyosuke Route today. Or was it five? I can't honestly remember. Episode 19 is over and the United Colony Corps has been defeated, now it's the Aerogator recon & reminder mission, the noncanon version of the Riksent chapter, and then it's the meetup. Gilliam and Viletta got the EXP needed to get me their secret units later. I'm breezing through this.

Overall, Early Kyosuke's Route definitely more fun than early Ryusei's Route. In ways easier at first, and in ways perhaps more samey (yet, lots of space > lots of water), but I thought the fights were tighter. Although my memory of Ryusei's stuff could be failing me. 

The best part though, is that less of my team felt like deadweight. For Ryusei's I leaned hard on Masaki once he showed up (he did end the game with over 100 kills, could've been more if I didn't have him intentionally back on killing stuff), and Irm in his Grungust is as essential. Beneath them, Ryusei is near-invincible with a sufficiently upgraded Wildraubtier, but his damage output isn't great, and Rai is fairly good in the Schutzwald. Latune is practically invincible in a fighter jet, but she can't more than scratch anything in it and I don't take her out of it until Ryusei gets the R-1. The Hagane actually deals alright damage and is sufficiently durable, if still something I couldn't exactly go crazy with. Everyone else, the five of Aya, Rio, Ryoto, Giada, and Garnet weren't entirely deadweight, but I did have to keep them out of the heavy action b/c they couldn't take more than 2 or 3 hits and had iffy evasion. By contrast, the power balance in on Kyosuke's route is much more even. Katina and Russel are near-deadweight offensively b/c mass production unit frailty (initial cheap Valor still gave Katina the occasional wounded kill) and Radha is only okay. Yet beyond them, Kyosuke comes online first and thanks to that was able to rack up 82 kills by the end of C19, Excellen never shined as brightly, but still good, Bullet takes off later and isn't that much of an early liability, Gilliam was made good with some of evasion-boosting parts and lots of weapons, Viletta is stronger if a little less dodgy in the R-Gun, and Tasuku/Giganscudo has Will & Energy issues, but practically the armor is near-impenetrable. You get two fewer pilots total, but most of their mechs are better, you've an easy five worth using to the very end, which I want in a unit before I'll actually upgrade it.

Narratively, things don't feel quite as grandiose or driven. OG1 is Ryusei/Alpha 1's game that Kyosuke was invited to, but doesn't exactly belong. There was, if I did not simply imagine it, a feeling that the UCC war was the lesser struggle compared to the one Ryusei's group had with the DC. From Chapter 8/9 to 19, the Hagane & Team SRX et al. are beelining it to the enemy HQ to stab the heart before the bad guys do the same to the "good" government. The Hiryu Custom & Team ATX et al. don't do exactly the same, when they go into space after Episode 9, they keep changing goals- first the Moon to help Mao Industries, then a significant but reasonable plan of stealing back satellite superiority from the UCC, then it's the taking of the space colonies, and they aim only to kill the UCC leadership in their final battle. And the reason they get dragged into space isn't some grand plan, it's a request for assistance from somebody they don't know, after they lose their base, find their hoped for allies destroyed, and are basically set adrift.

The Divine Crusaders does have the strength of being the original Original villain, and the UCC (and the space colonies in general) is never heard from again after OG1, while the Neo DC endures into OG2. And, Maier never gives the explanatory truths & ideals speech Bian does (nor does he have the imposing Valsion, just a recolored battleship), which is odd. But, I kinda like the drifting, more side-storyish nature of Kyosuke's Route before the two sides join. Not as epically heroic, yet perhaps "epic" is boring in a way? Kyosuke's group is more mixed too: Impact's duo, two Alpha heroes (without their girlfriends playable), Alpha Gaiden's big man in his first showing where he begins as a hero, three original mech pilots + an original battleship & crew, one Team SRX/Super Hero Operations member, and Mr. Hero Senki. Ryusei's is again three original pilots + battleship & crew, but everyone else is Alphaverse/SRX & Classicverse as woven into Alpha.

What can I say? I was itching to sketch down my thoughts on this matter. It was nagging at me since I got the chance to play OGs.😆

---

Oh, and I finished the lighting mini-dungeon in Xcode. The one long puzzle immediately following obtaining the lightning elemental was quite something, the choice for a single long puzzle over many smaller ones at that particular point was an interesting design choice. I sorta liked it. I've logged 19 hours in the game, but it feels longer than that. I can't play Crosscode in long segments, it's too cerebral, critically thinking is tiring.😅 I'll do the eastern dungeon tomorrow (well, it's already tomorrow, I've spent too long typing this), and no more than that in a single session.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Narratively, things don't feel quite as grandiose or driven. OG1 is Ryusei/Alpha 1's game that Kyosuke was invited to, but doesn't exactly belong. There was, if I did not simply imagine it, a feeling that the UCC war was the lesser struggle compared to the one Ryusei's group had with the DC. From Chapter 8/9 to 19, the Hagane & Team SRX et al. are beelining it to the enemy HQ to stab the heart before the bad guys do the same to the "good" government. The Hiryu Custom & Team ATX et al. don't do exactly the same, when they go into space after Episode 9, they keep changing goals- first the Moon to help Mao Industries, then a significant but reasonable plan of stealing back satellite superiority from the UCC, then it's the taking of the space colonies, and they aim only to kill the UCC leadership in their final battle. And the reason they get dragged into space isn't some grand plan, it's a request for assistance from somebody they don't know, after they lose their base, find their hoped for allies destroyed, and are basically set adrift.

It can certainly be seen as a result of trying to basically split SRW 2's structure into split paths. In SRW 2 you did had to go to space in the mid-game, then back to Earth for the final fight with Bian. So they took SRW 2's mid-game and tried to make it on equal footing to SRW 2's late-game. And naturally, during those space maps you tended to fight mostly the Gundam enemies over there. So they took that middle portion and made it a split-conflict with Ryusei's path being the Earth-side of the Divine Wars, and Kyosuke's path the Space-side. Thus we have the UCC standing in for Zeon, with the Bransteins standing in for the Zabi family (though beyond that comparisons certainly are loose)... and that's more or less why they just fade into obscurity after OG1. In Classicverse, Zeon and DC remained intertwined, with the Zabi Family taking leadership in SRW 3, and then Haman Kharn forming the Neo DC (not Neo Zeon like in Gundam canon, but the same logic applies: that as Mineva Zabi's caretaker, the only surviving member of the family and still a child, she can act on her behalf and lead as regent) in SRW 4/F/FF. OG didn't had to do that, so it didn't. If they did, you'd had Maier surviving and taking charge of Neo DC in OG2 most likely. Though perhaps he wouldn't have been fought to begin with... but it's not necessary to make him just an NPC. The only Zabi you fight (or shows up at all) in SRW 2 is Dozle, and lives to reappear in SRW 3. The other Zabi characters (Gihren, Kyshlia, and Garma) are not fought until SRW 3. Ultimately, it's clear OGverse took the Bransteins into their own direction so they weren't just Zabi copies.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

He does have one of the coolest characters designs I've ever seen. Even if he didn't do much I enjoyed seeing him on screen.

I've never cosplayed in my life but I might have to do it now.

I can't say I liked Validar's design all that much, but to be fair, I find that on average, I tend to be fonder of simpler designs. Just a matter of tastes here.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah but i'm like actually genuinely confused on how me saying "hey 13 Sentinels doesn't have any anime pervy moments" caused you to interpret it as "so this is what he's been hiding". Like i know the meme is that you can't talk about the story but i did say this in my review:

"While i won't go into specific details, i will say this game's story absolutely nailed In Medias Res, a method of writing that most people get wrong whenever they try it."

Hey, maybe I was memeing too. That sound plausible?

Nah but honestly, it's good to hear such praise. I will consider it when it comes out. The price will probably be an issue, but we'll see.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Good news: Corrin did not miss a 97% and then get crit.

Iago's dead, I am done, fuck Treason

Not gonna lie, I agree. I've said it before, Treason is not a good map. Hero room is fine, but then the mage/faceless split is completely dumb because the mage room is a no-brainer while the other one is near impossible. And then you're forced into the stupid general'n'zerker room, which is one of the worst stretches in all of Conquest. And then, for the cherry on top, you have to risk getting Vengeance'd by a crit-happy boss.

It ain't no Kitsune Hell, but... Sheesh. It's one of those maps that I just never feel up to.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

The feels. What a beautiful track.

Okarin's neck, though. Wow. He has neck power to match Bors's chin power.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Kinda needed this after earlier.

The first Spanish team is only 7th.

If I were any other Spaniard, I'd probably be tying the noose right now. Unfortunately, I am a weirdo, so I can't say I care.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

0VyGZzN.png

Never have I related more with an image.

Accursed hormones...

Hey, you're not allowed to be so right, Benice.

Not gonna lie, seeing how he got levelled up with the ballistae was hilarious

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not gonna lie, I agree. I've said it before, Treason is not a good map. Hero room is fine, but then the mage/faceless split is completely dumb because the mage room is a no-brainer while the other one is near impossible. And then you're forced into the stupid general'n'zerker room, which is one of the worst stretches in all of Conquest. And then, for the cherry on top, you have to risk getting Vengeance'd by a crit-happy boss.

It ain't no Kitsune Hell, but... Sheesh. It's one of those maps that I just never feel up to.

You didn't quote the anger post, but I didn't get into all the fails that had occurred on the way to that point, mostly because it was bad enough to play them. Yeah the mage room was fine, but I'd still worry about screwing it up and not being able to use Corrin or Camilla to wall the Hero room takes away options.

Honestly, I think Treason is worse. I had worse units in the Kitsune map, Treason had no such weaknesses. Lunatic seems more impossible by the day

Edited by Dayni

I seem to have lost my winter cape in Terraria. I have no idea what's happened to it, it's just nowhere to be found. Must've dropped it by accident at some point. That seems to happen a lot.

I knew I should've bought multiple. Oh well. Nothing to be done about it now but wait for another traveling merchant to sell it in a thousand years.

Sophisticated Fight but if it was actually good.

Nah but for real, this is a banger remix. Should've been the one they used in-game.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't play Crosscode in long segments, it's too cerebral, critically thinking is tiring.😅 I'll do the eastern dungeon tomorrow (well, it's already tomorrow, I've spent too long typing this), and no more than that in a single session.

Haha but tbh, that's a good way to play the game.

The true final dugeon in the game's epilogue might actually take you several days to complete. I know that's what happened to me.

Anyways I said it before but really curious to see you interact with the Wave Element.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

0VyGZzN.png

Never have I related more with an image.

Accursed hormones...

TRUE

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The price will probably be an issue, but we'll see.

I personally think it's worth the full price but that was after I played it. So yeah, wait for a sale.

Blursed content inside.

Spoiler

The house of mouse can't delete it without acknowledging it

12 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Honestly, if i have anything against Iago' map, is that it's one of the maps that really needed a save point due to how long it is

DSFE but not tied to specific places on the map is the dream imo

Edited by Dayni

Yep. Winter cape is gone. Leave it to me to be as much of a scatterbrain ingame as I am in real life.

Welp. If I can't dress up as the best character, then I guess I'll just continue being a green sad skull wizard in a dress. Honestly, at this point I've grown rather fond of the look. It's utterly ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

DSFE but not tied to specific places on the map is the dream imo

Yeah just give players like 3 saves per map or something and let them use them whenever they want

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Started CS 2! Rean now has a shit slow map attack. Wow I hate that speed on that.

Cowardly Falcon not wanting to let you stunlock enemies and always get max advantage. >:[

14 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Cowardly Falcon not wanting to let you stunlock enemies and always get max advantage. >:[

This is unsurprising, Falcom became cowards when they made bosses resist everything after FC.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is unsurprising, Falcom became cowards when they made bosses resist everything after FC.

But Kaempfur works on most any boss, making them bearable on the hardest mode.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

But Kaempfur works on most any boss, making them bearable on the hardest mode.

Confuse doesn't tho and that was like the best part of FC combat.

Falcom are cowards, i tell you.