• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have decided to marathon all the Lucasfilm movies. These are the current rankings.

EawcNS5WAAAUFj_?format=png&name=small

Clarification: There is a big gap in quality between Return of the Jedi and the Rise of SKywalker. Then there's a Mariana Trench-sized gap between Rise of Skywalker and Phantom Menace.

Tl;dr, anything below Return of the Jedi is bad.

Also Rouge One being missing is not an accident, i need to rewatch that movie to verify it's placing.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have decided to marathon all the Lucasfilm movies. These are the current rankings.

EawcNS5WAAAUFj_?format=png&name=small

Clarification: There is a big gap in quality between Return of the Jedi and the Rise of SKywalker. Then there's a Mariana Trench-sized gap between Rise of Skywalker and Phantom Menace.

Tl;dr, anything below Return of the Jedi is bad.

Also Rouge One being missing is not an accident, i need to rewatch that movie to verify it's placing.

I am genuinely surprised that you liked The Last Jedi, especially if you loved The Empire Strikes Back. And also that you liked The Force Awakens better than Revenge of the Sith.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I am genuinely surprised that you liked The Last Jedi, especially if you loved The Empire Strikes Back.

Well The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie we've gotten since Empire Strikes Back. The Canto Bight shit was dumb but everything else was really good. 

If they had just made Luke this unstoppable Jedi God like some people wanted him to be, the movie would've been way worse. Really glad that they didn't do that and had a more authentic portrayel of Luke.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And also that you liked The Force Awakens better than Revenge of the Sith.

The Force Awakens is overall more fun. Compared to Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi, which have similar flaws: strong starts and ends but boring-ass middle acts.

Though i will say that the Luke and Vader stuff in Return of the Jedi is much better than the stuff in Force Awakens and Revenge of the Sith. But it wouldn't be fair to place the movie higher than those because of one good part. Though if it wasn't for Revenge of the Sith having the best opening in the series, then Return of the Jedi would be higher than it.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars movie we've gotten since Empire Strikes Back. The Canto Bight shit was dumb but everything else was really good. 

If they had just made Luke this unstoppable Jedi God like some people wanted him to be, the movie would've been way worse. Really glad that they didn't do that and had a more authentic portrayel of Luke.

The Force Awakens is overall more fun. Compared to Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi, which have similar flaws: strong starts and ends but boring-ass middle acts.

Though i will say that the Luke and Vader stuff in Return of the Jedi is much better than the stuff in Force Awakens and Revenge of the Sith. But it wouldn't be fair to place the movie higher than those because of one good part. Though if it wasn't for Revenge of the Sith having the best opening in the series, then Return of the Jedi would be higher than it.

Well, hey. To each their own. For me TLJ is the worst movie in the saga and RotS is quite a bit better than TFA, but that's neat that you see them differently.

So after two days, i finally started playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I see a good game here but it all depends on how the upgrades go. The hair whip is pretty shitty ngl. I imagine things will start opening up once i get better methods of attack.

Also A and B both being for confirm has already fucked me up, i wasted money on the minigame because hitting B does not mean cancel.

I'm feeling rudderless now on what game I should play next or maybe I should look for a job instead. Part of me wants to finish some unfinished stuff- FFXII, LM3, EON, and Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 come to mind among other titles. 

But with SRTOGSEFE done, I've a hankering to try a second, limited and non-100% run of XCX. I want to do purely for the sake of testing how easily I can break the game with Overdrive when I unlock it after Chapter 5. After fumbling through the main story not understanding anything about Overdrive, using it maybe once and never again because it seemed to be a waste of 3000 TP, I wish to see what proper knowledge enables and amend my prior stupidity. As I want to go the Enforcer-Psycorrupter route for Cross, I'd swap to Elma/Irina/Alexa for OD, Raygun + Knife is very weak for Overdrive. The one thing holding me back here is XCX is a long game, unless I chose to exploit Brainjack for fast leveling.

And since I have Xeno and SRW in my head, I did a comparison for mech sizes, just because I could.

An Urban Skell, as determined via a 7-inch 1/48th model, is 28 feet, or 8.5 meters. An itty bitty by SRW standards Fairlion is 15.4 meters, or 50.5 feet. Not exactly a surprise, since Skells and the enemies they can fight have to fit in an open world traversable on foot, and you have to be able to fight Skells on foot too.

Seibzehn, big by Xenogears standards, is slightly smaller than the Huckebein Mk III Boxer- 25.4 vs. 28.4 meters. A Huckebein says "average height "real robot"" to me, and the Boxer is a Real attempting to be a Super, Seibzehn is "slightly tall" at best on true mecha scale. The Weltall is 14.7 meters, so still smaller than a Fairlion.

The Siren model is listed as 1/7th scale, but I don't know how tall the model is, so thats worthless. Face Nemesis is probably about Urban Skell-size, and though the other Faces are bigger, I still can't see them being as tall as a Fairlion. And they shouldn't be, because they're all fought on foot. The truly big Xeno robot things: Yggdrasil IV, the Mechonis, the Zu Pharg, don't have known sizes, so one cannot compare here.

-I don't actually care about mech size, I only did this to contextualize the scope of things. SRW and all its licensed anime having no human fighters well, not true if I've heard Tekkaman, who appeared with no issues in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as fighter, is able to fight in SRW- how does he not get OHKO'ed? can therefore make their robots, even the non-Supers, humongous. But I am a bit surprised that the Gears aren't bigger than they are, fighting Gears on foot exists only to make Grahf and Id look crazier.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SRW and all its licensed anime having no human fighters well, not true if I've heard Tekkaman, who appeared with no issues in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as fighter, is able to fight in SRW- how does he not get OHKO'ed? can therefore make their robots, even the non-Supers, humongous.

Ahem!

There's also this.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Siren model is listed as 1/7th scale, but I don't know how tall the model is, so thats worthless.

I tried looking up the official height for the model but I couldn't find it.

What I did find however, was a size comparison between all the Artifices, though keep in mind it may not be completely accurate

XENOBLADE 2 SPOILERS

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah

Leveling up your Topple Arts increases the duration. Topple Up Gems also exist. Topple stacks, if Reyn uses Wild Down and Dunban follows it up with Steel Strike, Topple duration is doubled and you can keep doing this (hence Topple locking). All of this applies to Daze as well.

There are also four characters that can force Topple, completely skipping the Break stage, if certain conditions are met:

Melia just has to do Spear Break -> Starlight Kick.

If Dunban finishes off an enemy with Demon Slayer, all surrounding enemies are instantly Toppled.

At max tension, Fiora's Final Cross Art will Topple all enemies within range.

Riki's Roly-Poly Art can Topple but it's actually not that reliable.

Dunban also has an Art called Thunder, which forces Daze on enemies but only those that are behind them. In other words, this Art is useless, there will almost never be enemies behind you enough times for Thunder to be worthwhile.

All that said, for Telethia fights, you do want Shulk and Melia at least. 

That's very important to know!

I used some topple skills, but they hardly worked. Probably not used the correct combination.

I hardly am a movie watcher, but all I watched all Indiana Jones and old Star Wars movies with my parents which were all enjoyable.

Finally dizzy air has been washed out by the rain, so I can take a great again. But not too long because >30°C are going to happen next week. Sometime it has to happen...

Edited by Falcom Knight

Okay, I decided to finish off the grinding session. Although at some point I switched the Orc King for Tuppence, since he's leveling faster to the point he surpassed the monster in stats.

So, did all the grinding I wanted, and got my Golem. It's at this point that I finally put my Slime Knight on the reserves. I know some people keep it all game long, but at this point I am going for a full replacement of my monster active party. The Orc King will stay for now, since Zing, and soon Kazing.

Will resume the revisiting next time.

tfw you go to bed early.
tfw you wake up and the migraines are still there.

X.X

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

After unlocking all 500 characters

Unlimited_Power_Banner.jpg

XD
That'd be almost too much power for me.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Me in math.

Relatable. Oh so very relatable.
The best part about entering university was definitely finally getting rid of sitting through math class...

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Gonna ask a global question: What is the most obscure video game that you guys have ever played?

Looking at what other people posted, I feel like none of the games I've played are exactly obscure, so I'll probably have to go with the one I personally believe to be the least well-known among the games I've played (well, outside of me talking about it here):
Blue_Reflection_cover.png

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

tfw you go to bed early.
tfw you wake up and the migraines are still there.

Oof. I command you to get better!

Seriosuly though, Migranes succ.

28 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

88g1zs1.jpg?1

A proof of the beauty this game offers.

This is definitely my favorite place so far in terms of aesthetics.

FYI, you can turn off all the UI elements in the options to get the clearest picture when taking photos. It's how you can get pictures like this

IMG_20200618_074924.jpg

Completely free of the UI.

The only thing you can't turn off is the Party Gauge but that will go away once it runs out. Save and reload to deplete it instantly.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Relatable. Oh so very relatable.
The best part about entering university was definitely finally getting rid of sitting through math class...

This basically sums up my experience with math in HS and college.

th?id=OIP.6ZQUs7k4vIvUj70c5aC9SAHaHa&pid

Statistics in particular was incredibly frustrating.