Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Went back to where I left off in Radiant Dawn Ch. 3-5, and things went from bad to worse pretty quickly tbh. Lost three units and ended up restarting because of a game over (forgot that the enemy units can seize the castle). On the bright side, I can restart and play through without any casualties this time. Already off to a good start, so hopefully the rest of the chapter will be that way when I finish it tomorrow.

That's because numbers determine the outcome of battle!

Seriously, it happens to all of us, and RD is quite a step up difficulty wise from PoR, so dont be too shocked 

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I just saw Gamera vs Barugon and that movie had me like

20191101_014229.jpg?width=465&height=431

Barugon is honestly kind of a boring Kaiju.

In sadder news, Chadwick Bosman passed away. The only movies i saw that he was in was Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame but man, this year just keeps getting worse and worse. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I will say however, that because I'll be roaming the entire world on this quest, that the apocalypse may feel more real than before. Being stuck in Tokyo in all the other games, even with VFD's time travel, undermined how the Dragons were committing global genocide.

I didn't think about this before but you have a point there. iirc, they did kinda justify it in VFD by saying that Tokyo and the surrounding areas are like one of the few somewhat habitable areas left but yeah, being able to explore the entire world would've made the apocalypse feel more real.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

How much progress would that cost you at this point?
Because if I remember correctly, there is a lot of stuff that should be happening between this and what you posted earlier. And that's rough.

You mean how many hours you would be forced to replay to make use of the extra content?

If so, then almost 60 hours because it's the point 

Spoiler
  • Maruki will leave school and you must have max. rank with him till 8th November to have access for the third semester
  • Kasumi will join for the ship dungeon when you have max. rank (level 5 in this case) till the same date as Maruki (before sending calling card on Shadow Sae)

Second shitty night in a row.

Slept for maybe three hours and got up with headaches.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In sadder news, Chadwick Bosman passed away. The only movies i saw that he was in was Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame but man, this year just keeps getting worse and worse.

That's sad. I didn't ever watch his movies but it is always sad when people die.

23 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

There's one question about Persona 5 (Royal) which hasn't been answered to me yet:

Reveal hidden contents

How was Joker resurrected after Akechi had shot him down?

He was obviously by Igor, but how was it sold to all the humans?

You’ll find out.

Oh, I will see then.

BTW

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

You mean how many hours you would be forced to replay to make use of the extra content?

Reveal hidden contents
  • Maruki will leave school and you must have max. rank with him till 8th November to have access for the third semester
  • Kasumi will join for the ship dungeon when you have max. rank (level 5 in this case) till the same date as Maruki (before sending calling card on Shadow Sae)

Spoiler

The part about Kasumi is wrong.

So this gives me the question why I wasted three hours to max out her support.

At least Shadow Sae was done in less than five minutes without causalities.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't exactly tell from a sample of one.:^_^: I've a long ways to go, I'll find out eventually.

Of course, of couse!
I just assumed that if they do, the very first one you meet might be able to do so, hence the question.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The only ultimate 6th Stratum superboss I've fought is the Warped Savior, with the weakening chemicals applied. The rest need grind I never did and very specific team setups I'd rather not retool for.

That's the one in IV, if I recall correctly. Congrats for that!
I never could defeat the elemental dragons to unlock the level caps in that game, so I never made any progress in the dungeon leading up to it.
I loved the dungeon itself, and especially the battle theme, however. Really gives you that "yep, I should NOT be here" feeling.

On the subject of EOV's postgame, I always thought that the music that plays in the stratum itself is very 7th Dragon-esque. I could see that theme playing in one of those games.
And this I failed due to similar reasons as the EOIV one: I could not get past one of the bosses you need to beat to unlock the level cap, specifically, the Dryad. That thing's self-heal proved too much for the party I had, and I would have had to entirely change my team to beat it, which I didn't feel like doing on the grounds of being afraid of getting this change wrong and still not being able to beat it after that.

EO2U's postgame you don't really need to retool for, since it's doable with the party you get in story mode, as well (though between Fafnir and Arianna, that party is broken as hell, anyway, so that's maybe not a good comparison). Also special shout-outs to the regular battle theme in the 6th stratum being the same damn thing as the battle theme against the final boss of story mode. Hearing this in your very first encounter in the 6th stratum is... an experience, certainly. Especially considering how relatively peaceful the 6th stratum theme is.

Meanwhile, Nexus' postgame isn't that nightmarish, either. I'd even say that Nexus' postgame is the easiest in any EO game, since the final dungeon doesn't throw too many curveballs at you. The hardest part is the postgame boss, really, and that's mainly because it has a gimmick where it starts charging and then on the next turn heals itself for all the damage you did to it during its charge-up turn. It took me a bit until I figured this out.

And while we're on the subject of gushing about EO, here's one of my personal favorite battle themes in the series:

It's shameful, but I will admit that, excluding postgame of course, the boss connected to this theme gave me more trouble than any other boss in EOU.

Second shitty night in a row.

Slept for maybe three hours and got up with headaches.

That's rough.
Get well soon!

Reveal hidden contents

Oof.

31 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

BTW

Reveal hidden contents

The part about Kasumi is wrong.

So this gives me the question why I wasted three hours to max out her support.

At least Shadow Sae was done in less than five minutes without causalities.

Ah, that's less bad then!

The thing about Royal which bothers me is Kasumi's existence. She feels like a mascot for me for taking some space of the game's cover, so I thought she would take a major role. I've played 60 hours yet (would be longer under normal circumstances since I skipped some dialouges) and she has been available for two fights (only one of the two controllable) yet. I was told to max Kasumi's rank before Shadow Sae's fight / Shido's palace. 

Spoiler

So I assumed I had to max her level to recruit her (which would be entirely stupid if this the case because the ultimate punishment to the player). Still I have no idea what the benefit from doing this is.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's rough.
Get well soon!

Thanks!

I just have to think less what to do on the upcoming day next time.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

The thing about Royal which bothers me is Kasumi's existence. She feels like a mascot for me for taking some space of the game's cover, so I thought she would take a major role. I've played 60 hours yet (would be longer under normal circumstances since I skipped some dialouges) and she has been available for two fights (only one of the two controllable) yet. I was told to max Kasumi's rank before Shadow Sae's fight / Shido's palace. 

Reveal hidden contents

So I assumed I had to max her level to recruit her (which would be entirely stupid if this the case because the ultimate punishment to the player). Still I have no idea what the benefit from doing this is.

Sounds like they kind of botched Kasumi's inclusion.
But as far as I've heard, Persona 5 Royal is basically the same game as regular Persona 5 up until

Spoiler

you defeat Jaldabaoth on Christmas, and all the major new stuff happens after that.
Maybe you need to max out Kasumi because having her at max rank unlocks the Royal-exclusive stuff?

34 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sounds like they kind of botched Kasumi's inclusion.
But as far as I've heard, Persona 5 Royal is basically the same game as regular Persona 5 up until

Reveal hidden contents

you defeat Jaldabaoth on Christmas, and all the major new stuff happens after that.
Maybe you need to max out Kasumi because having her at max rank unlocks the Royal-exclusive stuff?

I'm not aware of it, but it could be true.

Spoiler

Maybe everything will be revealed in the extra semester.

21 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'm not aware of it, but it could be true.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe everything will be revealed in the extra semester.

Spoiler

I'm guessing it probably will.

In any case, I hope you enjoy the game!

I meme'd.
h8qu63l.jpg

I had to. I just had to. XD

As you can see, I managed to recruit two new monsters in RF4 today. I made some good progress in general, I think. I have a forging table now, but I have to see how it actually works first before I'll use it to its fullest potential. I also ventured a bit further into the water temple dungeon, and subsequently made it my goal to get a crafting table next, since my armor and such is not up to par, I think. I also want to make some equipment for Xiao Pai, who as of now only has her weapon and the ribbon I bought for her.

And speaking of Xiao Pai:
6M55tQ6.jpg

I'm slowly but surely getting there!
By the by, I'm still in the game's first month.

Yet another puzzle that intrigues me in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages: Technically, it's in both Seasons and Ages, but that's semantics.

1722310926_OracleofAges.png.fdb94f883578cdafdd261f640643ae3e.png

Eyes! Eyes everywhere!

Edited by lightcosmo

Oh, right, @Armagon is your XC2 playthrough going to be without Corvin's assistance? Since I know he can sweep early game a heck of a lot easier than most Blade's I was curious if you were going to challenge yourself or not!

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh, right, @Armagon is your XC2 playthrough going to be without Corvin's assistance? Since I know he can sweep early game a heck of a lot easier than most Blade's I was curious if you were going to challenge yourself or not!

Oh no, he's gonna be on the team, just not right away. I've decided to use mostly the same rules as my no-Blade summon run except this time, the only Blades I can use are the ones given to me by story and garuanteed Blades.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh no, he's gonna be on the team, just not right away. I've decided to use mostly the same rules as my no-Blade summon run except this time, the only Blades I can use are the ones given to me by story and garuanteed Blades.

Welp, games broken, everyone! Nothing to see here!

Corvin's gonna be the star of the show, let's face it. XD His ability to counter the party gauge draining effect so well is just way too useful on BoC mode, really. That along with purging enemy rage, making things SO much more manageable when things start to get sticky.

And that's not even getting into the strength of his other abilities yet!