Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4Z8CigC.jpg

@DragonFlames I remember you asking a while ago if Normal attacks were stronger than Skills for anyone else, and while playing some MegeNep i remembered something:

Directional Armor. In Nep attacking/getting attacked from side/backside = More damage given/taken. Sometimes it becomes super noticeable (When you face with your back to Bosses and they Combo your ass). I think however that extra damage doesn't apply to all skills. I think. xD

So if you can use your normal attacks right, you may be able to deal alotta damage, but that usually means exposing your back to the enemy as well and losing 60% of your HP in one combo lol, since they can move around and attack you from behind.

Skills have range as a huge advantage, keeping enemy infront of you.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Someone voted Junpei x Chidori. The pairing is the reason Junpei is my least favorite playable character in Persona. He is such a naive fool. Yeah, I even like Ken more. Gameplaywise he has been the worst character in P3-5 for me too. I could vote Joker x Kasumi, but I think no one aside of me really knows her. Overall the competition looks really lame because of so many pairings from Fire Emblem (Three Houses). I didn't intend to vote anyways since I don't care for waifu wars at all. Just curious to see how well Musse will duel.

Edited by Julian Teehee

As always, writing thread never disappoints.

Hmm, maybe I can put some effort into pinning down two choices for nominations. I'll have to think it over a little...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Beaten Shido.

The boss was less intimidating than I remembered, but it was a long fight which cost me several SP and buff items.

Seriously I think Joker could solo the game if the opponent has no healing skills.

Shido is pretty much the more assholish version of Osborne, or rather to be more precise the more obvious assholish version.

The only good thing about him is his theme.

Edited by Julian Teehee

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Directional Armor. In Nep attacking/getting attacked from side/backside = More damage given/taken. Sometimes it becomes super noticeable (When you face with your back to Bosses and they Combo your ass). I think however that extra damage doesn't apply to all skills. I think. xD

So if you can use your normal attacks right, you may be able to deal alotta damage, but that usually means exposing your back to the enemy as well and losing 60% of your HP in one combo lol, since they can move around and attack you from behind.

This is exactly why I use the round guard skill. Stops instant death combos on you and allows for pretty crazy tanking fun!

Watching people throw down their controllers over lost games in Smash is kinda sad.

On one hand, I feel bad, since losing sucks of course. But getting so upset over something like camping, running away, etc, that you have to do something like that? What did the controller do wrong here? I just don't think that getting THAT angry is acceptable. People need to cool off, a lot.

If I threw down my 140$ controller, i'd be pretty upset with myself right there, haha. And yes I've played competitive before so I know the atmosphere, but I never once got angry, I was honored to play against people that were above my skill level!

Dunno, just felt like I had to mention this, maybe because I can understand their frustration?

13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I remember you asking a while ago if Normal attacks were stronger than Skills for anyone else, and while playing some MegeNep i remembered something:

So it's basically just a strategy thing, then.
I see, I see! I should've known it was something like that. Thanks for the clarification! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

As always. But at least it's not objective vs. Subjective for the 1037332,284848373th time or shipping/Elincia wars.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I know that battle all too well. Got into a multi-page discussion about that in the unpopular opinion thread once.

Only once?

Gotta say though, the worst arguments are easily the 

"Your prompt insulted AnonymousSpeed"

"No u!"

Ones. Good lord... not that I do much to help stop the arguments or weird conversations.

Edited by Benice

By the way, sorry if I come across as (more) aggressive today.
I'm still somewhat unreasonably mad about my system breaking down this morning and me having to waste basically the entire day trying to fix/reinstall everything again.

I also just noticed I lost my save files for Trails in the Sky and Fate/Extra...

OBSxy6c.jpg
Me to my computer right now.

Edited by DragonFlames

So...

practically all save data of every game I have is gone.

But the worst part is, the folder in which I kept my notes and such for my CYOA is corrupted and unreadable. And the notes for my novel are gone completely.
Amazing.
Just... f***ing amazing.

*headdesk*

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...I should do a backup soon

I did one yesterday, actually.
But apparently, something went wrong during the data transfer. I'll have to see if the backup versions of all of that is corrupted/gone also.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh damn, that's bad

what made your computer go Loco anyway?

I have no clue, to be honest.
It suddenly refused to start up properly, showing only a black screen. I could move the cursor around, but nothing else happened.

And... lo and behold... the backup itself is wonky. Same problems as I described.
No wonder... Ugh.