Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I need to browse the Falcom subreddit for memes more often. I laughed way more at some of them than I probably should have.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

except the music department xD

Music hasn't just gotten worse in Trails, has it?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I need to browse the Falcom subreddit for memes more often. I laughed way more at some of them than I probably should have

beware Spoilers

Music hasn't just gotten worse in Trails, has it?

Ys as well.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Katamari Damacy has some really catchy tracks. Fun game.

Oh bruh, I'm not the only one who knows it exists?

People have been riping and analyzing the Hajimari soundtrack the last few days..

It's actually pretty damn good...

BUT

The usage & placement in game is fucking atrocious, which leads to you hearing the bad tracks ( 🐔 ) most of the time, or the good tracks in the wrong places, hence people complaining.

Anyway, here is one of the amazing tracks

Witch a picture of the saviors of Hajimari

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

this was the final boss track of Ys 8. Says enough really.

Doesn't have the same feel as the older tracks to me (what I've listened to of them anyway), if that makes any sense.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh bruh, I'm not the only one who knows it exists?

Nah, it's probably one of my favorite puzzle-type games (of the few I've played).

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

no, that’s just berwick saga

(Boy, I sure have been posting this a lot lately...)

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nah, it's probably one of my favorite puzzle-type games (of the few I've played).

Hm, maybe I should try playing it in full soon-I've only played it once, at a friend's house, so I only did the first two maps.

Doesn't have the same feel as the older tracks to me (what I've listened to of them anyway), if that makes any sense

It feels more like field/plains theme than a final boss theme. 

And an average field theme at that.

Which made it so bad to listen to while fighting the already annoying and tanky af sponge of life of a final boss.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wait, really?
Wow...

Something happened a few years ago during a VGM festival.

Very nice outside today, not too hot unlike much of the Summer.

Whilst sitting outdoors watching the dog, I got to reading a book I took out of the library, on the history of the Silk Roads. Although it's less centered on Central Asia itself and more the trade that flowed along it, with an unfortunate bias towards Rome and Persia so far, despite the author disliking the old narrative of Western civilization (yes, I know what's now Iran is not Western).

Still, it's fascinating in ways though I want more Central Asia and China and India. Zoroastrianism had a certain "exotic coolness" to me, but to read the rise of the Sassanids and their embrace of Zoroastrianism was accompanied by hard-line persecution of non-Zoroastrian faiths such as Buddhism and that insidious Roman fifth column called Christianity, adds unfortunate historical nuance to my understanding of it. Though persecution of Christianity gradually died down when Rome collapsed and Persia got strong again, because domestic prosperity and weak neighbors makes the hunt for internal enemies less attractive.

I had also read a book recently on the Papacy where they said early Christianity was centered in the Middle East and Rome was theological backwater unimportant save for Rome being where Paul and Peter, probably died. And this Silk Roads history adds that, after some setbacks, Christianity started to rapidly spread in Central Asia and had the potential to become the religion of the continent as a whole, a claim that seems a little exaggerated due to how difficult it'd be to convert those heatsinks of souls called China and India. The Shah of Persia started involving himself in the election of the Church leadership though he remained dedicated to Ahura Mazda. What killed that hope for Asian Christianity surprisingly wasn't the constant bickering between Persia-centered eastern Christianity and the Orthodoxy of Constantinople, which isn't surprising given the Eastern Roman Empire crucified itself every Friday over matters theological minutiae like the two natures of Christ, and then crucified the Pope and Western church on Monday because there couldn't possibly be a single unified everyone was happy and agreed or agreed to disagree Christianity.:[

What killed the Christian Asia dream, sent Zoroastrianism into a tiny faith with a few ten thousand followers mostly in India, banished Buddhism from Afghanistan, sent Manichaeism into extinction, and wiped out that most unusual Jewish convert here and there despite it not being an expansionist religion, was Islam. Glory to the devotional poetry and the elegant mosques with marvelous geometry that would follow, but I'm sad it had to come at the price of other stuff. -And thats where I stopped in the book, I've got about 440 more pages to go.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Guess who just completed the entire fe7 support log and wasted hours of their life 😎😎

E735AD3E-6BEE-40BC-B942-D09A754AE0E5.jpeg

Congrats! You finally did it!

I feel complete

And the supports were hit or miss, most of them were eh or ew 😂 There were a few good ones tho

time to make like 5,000 copies of this file

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Guess who just completed the entire fe7 support log and wasted hours of their life 😎😎

We all do wasteful things in life because. Congrats for your devotion.

Now, if you connect two GBAs to a GameCube and have Binding Blade and Blazing Blade in them, Hector can use the power of accumulated bonds to summon He Who Does Not Support to save him from death in Chapter 3 of BiB + Lucius and cure Eliwood.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

we must not forget that for true 100% completion I need to s rank every difficulty and lord combo, get the cgs of Eliwood and Lyn and Eliwood and Fiora, and somehow find a way to get the bonus disk to work on my emulator

9 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

we must not forget that for true 100% completion I need to s rank every difficulty and lord combo, get the cgs of Eliwood and Lyn and Eliwood and Fiora, and somehow find a way to get the bonus disk to work on my emulator