• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I know that battle all too well. Got into a multi-page discussion about that in the unpopular opinion thread once.

I'm surprised that thread is still on-going tbh.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I also just noticed I lost my save files for Trails in the Sky and Fate/Extra...

OBSxy6c.jpg
Me to my computer right now.

tenor_72.gif

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

But the worst part is, the folder in which I kept my notes and such for my CYOA is corrupted and unreadable. And the notes for my novel are gone completely.
Amazing.
Just... f***ing amazing.

That's just rough man. Sorry that happened to you.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

image.thumb.png.a654e05cf8d36acee24afbce7365766e.png

>Fei x Elly

*man of culture intensifies*

Too much of this is FE for my liking though. I mean, i get why but still.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

My brother just heard Mechanical Rhythm for the first time.

His comment

Spoiler

''I love Mechonis more than Bionis already'' 

Spittin' facts.

3 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Only thing I really disliked was the out-of-place English rap in the latter half of the song.

I don't mind it but that's because i got Xenoblade X vibes from that portion but yeah, it does feel out of place.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Something happened a few years ago during a VGM festival.

Wait what actually happened? This is the first i'm hearing of Falcom's music team being blacklisted.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait what actually happened? This is the first i'm hearing of Falcom's music team being blacklisted.

Apparently (according to some of bigshots in the community, they even have a spreadsheet with all the information and sources. Since i left the Falcom chat to take a break from Falcom, i can't link it to you atm)

Former Falcom prez withdrew from some festival organized by chara-ani. Which was pretty big afaik. It lead to alot of the older Falcom sound team members leaving the team. It's right after this event where the quality of their ost declined in the eyes of many fans.

Edited by Shrimperor

Too many dragons right next to other dragons. I can only barely take on two at once at this point, and yet it's inevitable that that will happen when they're so close it takes but two turns for the seconds to join the fray. My team is still stuck in the early ruts, it requires a few more levels before it gets off the ground.

• My Axe Fighter is doing the bulk of my damage with Purge, but it doesn't have the Mana to sustain it, thankfully its normal attacks are good too. Status Down and Defense Down are good investments too. Has a lot of spare SP available after that.
  • My Knight can't Front Shield every turn, but it's still useful, and while it'll soon have Save the Queen for damage, it can't use it unless the Princess gets Royal Order. All the element -breaks are sitting at single point invested, but more will be added as the threats using those elements actually show up. Otherwise, this guy is very free with his SP options.
  • My Princess wants Royal Order, but it wants the next two SP to go into unlocking Moonlight Song first for a bare minimum of MP regeneration, and ideally she want to dump the next eight SP to bring it up to 4 Mana per turn, which judging from the cost of most skills, would actually be enough to allow everyone to use a skill at least every other turn, Mana costs rarely break into double-digits in this game. After that, I want to send her into Cruelty for some ailment skills to help my Rogue, but she wants at least a point in the Atk and Def buffs too, plus Cure and Cure II as healing demands require. She's very SP-intensive as one could expect from a supporter-debuffer, with no shortage of places to put points.
  • The Rogue is simpler than the Princess, it doesn't want to do as many things, but it's just as hungry for SP. Pain's Kiss and Ecstasy Kiss I'm realizing are useless if I don't have accurate ailment-infliction skills, which means I'm currently investing in Tarantella for Paralysis, though Sand Toss looks tempting too, if requiring a minimum of 4 SP to get and the skill itself deals no damage. I think I have to skip on Scorpio for Poison because I've other things to prioritize even if its damage over time would seriously help right now. Then I should put points in Skulldaggery for a 70% dagger Atk boost, which sounds tremendous and doing the normally higher Atk of swords. This class is going to need the longest time for a payoff, I'm hoping it wasn't a bad bet.

I'm not liking that every skill with 10 levels, the vast majority, cost 2 SP per upgrade at levels 8-10. And some skills cost 3 SP, usually those with only 1 level it seems. These extra SP costs, unseen in EO, are only making me more hungry for the next level-up.

2annySW.png

@Shrimperor

Perfect, amirite? Wasn't really sure what to put as the Bane, though, since Rean is perfect.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Corncob

DEWIT!

Y’know, only if you want to.

EDIT: Gee, that was unfortunate timing.

Edited by Benice

Playing through tales or Xillia, and i gotta say, it's pretty much the same as Vesperia, mechanically, which I'm fine with!

Milla is on Yuri's level or awesomeness if not more so! 

Worth the money, easily!

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Perfect, amirite? Wasn't really sure what to put as the Bane, though, since Rean is perfect.

How about luck, since Rean is lucky enough to have all the women around him fall at his feet in adoration. xD

EDIT: you said bane, nvm.

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

How about luck, since Rean is lucky enough to have all the women around him fall at his feet in adoration. xD

I really should have gone with Luck as a boon, you're right, at least if Birthright is as easy as people say. (I put excitable as his flaw because all of the women around him falling at his feet makes him excited)

I just stick with canon names. At least, for my first/main playthrough of any given game that gives such options.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I usually don't change avatar's / protagonist's name either. As for Persona 5 Royal I made an exception which was a reference to an old Dragon Quest run of mine.

Spoiler

MrFuckMe

The name has a certain truth in this game.

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

BTW @Sooks1016, do you wanna talk about Berwick here or via PM? (It probably won't work as well as on the Ban thread, as we'll keep getting Ninja'd.)

There’s not really much to talk about since I have to sort out my storage (unless there’s stuff you wanna tell me) but pm is fine...

....tomorrow because I should really be heading to her since it’s basically midnight on a “school night” 😅

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

There’s not really much to talk about since I have to sort out my storage (unless there’s stuff you wanna tell me) but pm is fine...

....tomorrow because I should really be heading to her since it’s basically midnight on a “school night” 😅

Ah, I see! Ight, I'll PM you if you start! 'night!

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Goodnight!

Oh, and good luck with school! Online classes were stressful for me too. Hopefully you'll get the hang of it soon!

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just stick with canon names.

same here since i usually can'T self-insert anyway lol

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

2annySW.png

@Shrimperor

Perfect, amirite? Wasn't really sure what to put as the Bane, though, since Rean is perfect

hmm

Res

His ADF wasn't so hot iirc.

33 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Shrimperors disgust towards Rean is about as much as mine towards Corrin.

I have same disgust towards both xD
Good Morning btw!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

hmm

Res

His ADF wasn't so hot iirc.

I guessed right for the bane! Yahoo! Although:

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

(I put excitable as his flaw because all of the women around him falling at his feet makes him excited)

He has low "resistance" to clerics, I guess.

Edited by Benice