• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Finished both seasons of K-On. Is a good one. Can definitely see why it's held in high regard. One of the things i love in any story is when the main cast is just really good friends and that's something i got here. No real complaints although i do find it a bit odd how the second season doesn't end with the graduation. There's three more episodes after it that take place before the finale and i felt like they should've been OVAs instead. Ah well, not too big of an issue. I'll probably watch the movie tomorrow and then read the two sequel mangas.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I have same disgust towards both xD
Good Morning btw!

Whilst  I'm not fond of Rean in CSI and II (I tolerate him in III though), Corrin is leagues below him in my books. The most bland protagonist in videogames I've played yet.

Good morning......... and goodbye!

Work is calling me...

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Playing through tales or Xillia, and i gotta say, it's pretty much the same as Vesperia, mechanically, which I'm fine with!

Milla is on Yuri's level or awesomeness if not more so! 

Worth the money, easily!

Milla Maxwell Lord of Spirits is very good indeed. I assume you picked her route over Jude's? I did and I never did go back to go see his, although the split only affects a few points, albeit ones that I should watch on an LP at least. 

Milla and Yuri are fairly distinct, but his badassery and her divinity make them both great on the surface. When it comes to depth... I might give the edge to Milla, not that Yuri didn't have an unusual shred of development stemming from his personality deviating from the norms for a JRPG protagonist.

As for Jude, I found him cute, and not bad in any way, but subtlety loses to awesomeness. Being a fisticuffs MC gets a half-point too.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I really should have gone with Luck as a boon, you're right, at least if Birthright is as easy as people say.

I'd say it's curved. Starts fine, not too hard, but not easy. Then there's a handful of consecutive chapters in the midgame where the enemies turn inexplicably weak. And then things ramp up again in the lategame. Going up to Hard and Lunatic adds a few more enemy reinforcements in at least two of the lategame maps. It's never Conquest in terms of map design, nor do enemies really ever get that many skills on them, but thats Birthright for you.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd say it's curved. Starts fine, not too hard, but not easy. Then there's a handful of consecutive chapters in the midgame where the enemies turn inexplicably weak. And then things ramp up again in the lategame. Going up to Hard and Lunatic adds a few more enemy reinforcements in at least two of the lategame maps. It's never Conquest in terms of map design, nor do enemies really ever get that many skills on them, but thats Birthright for you.

I see! Chapter 5 was quite tough-I even had to reset.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

I see! Chapter 5 was quite tough-I even had to reset.

Ah, the feral dragon rampage. That pre-split chapter is never not annoying to me, almost makes me want to skip the pre-Branch of Fate stuff. Kaze is too frail, Corrin has to everything but isn't invincible and can't be everywhere at once, and Rinkah... well if you love underdogs, as I sense you might, you may wish to use her in BR (or Revelation).

The poor warrior woman and lone default Oni Savage is in by a class that specializes in Str and tanking, yet her HP is very low, her high Skl and Spd are ram the low class caps, and low Res doesn't help either. I recognize more than others do that Fiery Blood salvages her Str, on someone with better stats that personal skill would be rockin', yet it only brings the stat to averageness. Rinkah is Lot-ish maybe? I feel she takes time to get off the ground too, her high Spd growth doesn't help her double in the earlygame, where her not high Atk presents another problem for getting kill EXP. Most often, Rinkah winds up a Defensive Stance backpack for me because +Str & Def are rare for a DS partner on BR.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and Rinkah... well if you love underdogs, as I sense you might, you may wish to use her in BR (or Revelation).

I'm definitely gonna try! I love Myrmidon-like fighters, and Lot is one of my favorite units the franchise. Although mine must be speed-screwed, as she's gained very few points-maybe even none. (Can't quite recall, though.)

Y'know, part of the reason I'm not enjoying path of radiance is probably that most of my units have been badly speed screwed. To the point that Mia is the only unit who can double. For example: (Note that I'm rounding up, so some cases aren't quite as bad as they seem.)

Spoiler

Ike: Level twelve at chapter ten: -4 speed off of his average, with merely + 2 magic and + 1 strength compensating for that.

Boyd, level 18, is -2 speed, average HP, (capped) -4 luck, (Not that it matters) and +2 defense. He had great levels right away but has had really bad ones since around level ten. I gave him the speedwings, so he can take out some soldiers in one round, though.

Oscar: Level nine, but he's already -3 strength and -1 speed.

Soren: -1 speed, -2 magic at level 9.

Ilyana: -2 speed at level 12

Rolf, (the obvious MVP of every efficient run): -1 speed.

But hey, at least my Marcia is godlike even though she's only gained three levels. Maybe I should consider investing in her...

Or maybe I should consider just using the units with better bases simply because the RNG ain't being too kind to speed.

Edited by Benice

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

tenor_72.gif

That's just rough man. Sorry that happened to you.

My universe got Thanos'd. XD

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Benice said:

2annySW.png

@Shrimperor

Perfect, amirite? Wasn't really sure what to put as the Bane, though, since Rean is perfect.

Haha! Nice. XD

---

On the subject of Corrin and Rean, here's my honest hot take:

Corrin can't be the worst Fates character to me when Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Leo, Hinoka, Camilla, Azura, Jakob, Dwyer, Kiragi, Forrest, Laslow, Caeldori, and Soleil exist.
And with Rean, it's kinda the same. He's bad, yes, but there's also Alisa, Rufus, Osborne, Lechter, Claire, nearly the entirety of Ouroboros (except Duvalie and McBurn), Crow, Aurelia, Josette (as of Sky FC), George, and Angelica, all of whom I consider either equally bad or worse than Rean is.

And then Otsuu trumps them all in terms of awfulness by virtue of being the main character of her game.
Thank goodness Mary Skelter isn't IF/CH's main thing. And if they ever make a Nep x Mary Skelter crossover, I hope they don't put Otsuu in it.

Ngl, I actually like Corrin.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Y'know, part of the reason I'm not enjoying path of radiance is probably that most of my units have been badly speed screwed. To the point that Mia is the only unit who can double. For example: (Note that I'm rounding up, so some cases aren't quite as bad as they seem.)

Reveal hidden contents

Ike: Level twelve at chapter ten: -4 speed off of his average, with merely + 2 magic and + 1 strength compensating for that.

Boyd, level 18, is -2 speed, average HP, (capped) -4 luck, (Not that it matters) and +2 defense. He had great levels right away but has had really bad ones since around level ten. I gave him the speedwings, so he can take out some soldiers in one round, though.

Oscar: Level nine, but he's already -3 strength and -1 speed.

Soren: -1 speed, -2 magic at level 9.

Ilyana: -2 speed at level 12

Rolf, (the obvious MVP of every efficient run): -1 speed.

But hey, at least my Marcia is godlike even though she's only gained three levels. Maybe I should consider investing in her...

Or maybe I should consider just using the units with better bases simply because the RNG ain't being too kind to speed.

Dang. RNG has not been on your side. Almost every one of my units could double fairly early on and got to doubling quickly when I got them later.

BEXP should help fix the slower units though.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, I actually like Corrin.

Yeah, but your, like, totally wrong and... stuff.
I'm joking, of course.

---

Back to RF4, I discovered I can sell pink turnips for 200 Gold each. Cha-ching!
... Is what I would say if the seed wasn't rather expensive and if they didn't grow comparatively slowly. I think I'll just stick to selling regular turnips, because while they're not as lucrative as their pink bretheren, the things grow like crazy and the seeds are very cheap to buy.

Oh, also, there is a task that asks me to grow and deliver a level 2 turnip and I've been asking myself "how do I get a turnip to level 2?"

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, but your, like, totally wrong and... stuff.
I'm joking, of course.

no! I’m the one with the only correct opinion! Only me! /s

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, also, there is a task that asks me to grow and deliver a level 2 turnip and I've been asking myself "how do I get a turnip to level 2?"

Do you have a sickle? When harvesting your turnips, use the sickle on them when they can be pulled from the ground to get a level 2 turnip seed that you can plant.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

no! I’m the one with the only correct opinion! Only me! /s

Darn it! Foiled again!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Do you have a sickle? When harvesting your turnips, use the sickle on them when they can be pulled from the ground to get a level 2 turnip seed that you can plant.

That is very good to know! Thank you very much! ^^

5 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm definitely gonna try! I love Myrmidon-like fighters, and Lot is one of my favorite units the franchise. Although mine must be speed-screwed, as she's gained very few points-maybe even none. (Can't quite recall, though.)

Haha... nice joke... no seriously though iirc Rinkah’s pretty slow, because she’s supposed to be good in defense (which she isn’t) or whatever

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Milla Maxwell Lord of Spirits is very good indeed. I assume you picked her route over Jude's? I did and I never did go back to go see his, although the split only affects a few points, albeit ones that I should watch on an LP at least. 

Milla and Yuri are fairly distinct, but his badassery and her divinity make them both great on the surface. When it comes to depth... I might give the edge to Milla, not that Yuri didn't have an unusual shred of development stemming from his personality deviating from the norms for a JRPG protagonist.

As for Jude, I found him cute, and not bad in any way, but subtlety loses to awesomeness. Being a fisticuffs MC gets a half-point too.

I did indeed pick her route!

I really like her style of gameplay, as a mix of melee and magic was something I've always liked in a character. Her character is very interesting to me as well, and I like her attitude during the skits.

Jude is still a good character, I agree!

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I did indeed pick her route!

I really like her style of gameplay, as a mix of melee and magic was something I've always liked in a character. Her character is very interesting to me as well, and I like her attitude during the skits.

Jude is still a good character, I agree!

Jude and Milla are fantastic main characters.
The rest of the cast in Xillia is also great.

I hope you enjoy the game!

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Jude and Milla are fantastic main characters.
The rest of the cast in Xillia is also great.

I hope you enjoy the game!

I agree!

Thank you!

---

Smash tier list based on characters I enjoy playing a lot.

Spoiler

555162609_Smashtierlist.png.75212068eb0cfba0fbe309053bb2bd3f.png

Lucina is my true main, the others there I just enjoy playing a lot. So technically she would be in a tier on her own!

ZSS is my second main, just not played nearly as often as Lucina of course.

Bottom is characters I dislike a lot, which is why Yoshi is on the bottom!

The bottom characters don't play a way I don't like or don't suit my style, which is why they are there as well. I'd say D tier is where it gets to where I start to really dislike them.

Also, as you will notice, I don't like heavies very much!

I'm very picky when it comes to choosing characters I like to play.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Corrin can't be the worst Fates character to me when Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, Leo, Hinoka, Camilla, Azura, Jakob, Dwyer, Kiragi, Forrest, Laslow, Caeldori, and Soleil exist.
And with Rean, it's kinda the same. He's bad, yes, but there's also Alisa, Rufus, Osborne, Lechter, Claire, nearly the entirety of Ouroboros (except Duvalie and McBurn), Crow, Aurelia, Josette (as of Sky FC), George, and Angelica, all of whom I consider either equally bad or worse than Rean is.

And then Otsuu trumps them all in terms of awfulness by virtue of being the main character of her game.
Thank goodness Mary Skelter isn't IF/CH's main thing. And if they ever make a Nep x Mary Skelter crossover, I hope they don't put Otsuu in it.

Mentioning Alisa first feels like a declaration of war to me.

I understand disliking her because she gives a bad first impression to most people (I actually like her tsunderish behavior), but at the latest in III she's an absolute fine character.

Also I don't see an issue with Angelica.

And I personally dislike McBurn simply because his main intention to work for Ouroboros is to have barbecue with his opponents.

I loved Lechter's fun personality in the other games, but he lost tons of points in my books because he pretty much tolerated

Spoiler

sacrificing Altina at the end.

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Mentioning Alisa first feels like a declaration of war to me.

That wasn't the intention, I assure you. I mentioned her first, since she's the only permanent party member out of these in the games I've played so far.

I understand disliking her because she gives a bad first impression to most people (I actually like her tsunderish behavior), but at the latest in III she's an absolute fine character.

She didn't really leave a bad first impression on me, but across three games, nothing really happened that endeared me to her. She kinda just... exists.

Also I don't see an issue with Angelica.

She's Trails' version of Soleil from Fates to me, and I hate it.

And I personally dislike McBurn simply because his main intention to work for Ouroboros is to have barbecue with his opponents.

Ouroboros is definitely the worst part of Trails in its entirety for me, but I found his laziness entertaining, so he kind of gets a pass.
Not a fan of how he gets done dirty in CS3, either.

I loved Lechter's fun personality in the other games, but he lost tons of points in my books because he pretty much tolerated

Hide contents

sacrificing Altina at the end.

That (which also made the entirety of Osborne's posse irredeemable to me), and he's one of those "mysterious for the sake of it, and then there's no pay-off/appears out of nowhere and knows more than he should with no justification/can do everything" characters that Trails of Cold Steel really suffers from. And his attitude in general just irritates me.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Back to RF4, I discovered I can sell pink turnips for 200 Gold each. Cha-ching!
... Is what I would say if the seed wasn't rather expensive and if they didn't grow comparatively slowly. I think I'll just stick to selling regular turnips, because while they're not as lucrative as their pink bretheren, the things grow like crazy and the seeds are very cheap to buy.

Mist is happy and Mana is jealous.:

latest?cb=20120126223558

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I'm definitely gonna try! I love Myrmidon-like fighters, and Lot is one of my favorite units the franchise.

If you want to try a Myrmidon that wants to be a Knight (with bad results), try Hinata. And Subaki I'd say is another Birthright underpowered unit. But use these only if you sincerely want to, not because I suggested them.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Smash tier list based on characters I enjoy playing a lot.

Someone's not complaining about Too Many Swords I see. -Not that I care.

And a lot of your Fs are weird characters. Jiggs and Yoshi have always been awk-ward, WFT is lacking, Little Mac is hyper-specialized to the point of crippling flaws, Ice Climbers is poor unless you know how to desync them(? -is that still a thing in Smash U?), getting used to Olimar's Pikmin isn't easy, and Duck Hunt isn't exactly normal either, I'm surprised Rosalina got into a tier above them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She didn't really leave a bad first impression on me, but across three games, nothing really happened that endeared me to her. She kinda just... exists.

Tbf I could say the same about some of class VII like Gaius or Laura.

Laura might have a very cool and story relevant father, but her personality in all three games remains to be the same.

I never could get Soleil in Fates (since his father sucks), so I can't argue here. 

But still no Trails character, even the worst of the worst, is less likable than Corrin, Ganon and the majority of the Royals for me.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mist is happy and Mana is jealous.:

latest?cb=20120126223558

These are characters from older RF games, I assume? They're adorable!

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Tbf I could say the same about some of class VII like Gaius or Laura.

And I would agree with you.

OG Class VII as a whole is a bit of a mess within the story. They had their chance in the spotlight, CS2 denied them that chance by basically rendering everything they do pointless, because of the lol Deus Ex Machina NPC saves, and CS3 made a very botched attempt at redeeming their credibility, which - in my opinion - came across as somewhat desperate and didn't work whatsoever. This is why I thought new Class VII was a necessary step, because the "old guard" already failed. But they didn't really do anything with or for new Class VII, either. But I ranted about this extensively before, so I'll spare you the sermon. XD

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I never could get Soleil in Fates (since his father sucks), so I can't argue here. 

She's basically Laslow, but with lady parts, and way more creepy.

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

But still no Trails character, even the worst of the worst, is less likable than Corrin, Ganon and the majority of the Royals for me.

Ayy! *high five*

When I hate characters, I don't really rank them. They just sit on my shitlist that remains unsorted, because I don't want to spare any effort into thinking about who I like less. XD
Unless it's Otsuu. Because f*** Otsuu.

I'd rather focus on my favorites instead.

The problem with Corrin and Rean is that they both suffer from the Black Hole syndrome

Everything must be about them. Everyone must follow them. Everyone must love them. Everything is just a Checklist for player instert/worship

Their existence alone makes the rest of the cast much worse.

anyway