Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

These are characters from older RF games, I assume? They're adorable!

From left to right: Shara (RF3), Mist (RF1), and Mana (RF2).

All games I haven't actually played. 4 is the only one I own.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Yet another thing I need to get on; the Atelier Dusk trilogy, that is (minus Ayesha, according to Armagon).
You know, I don't even need to buy a new console anytime soon. I expect Nep 5 to get a Switch port, anyway, and there are so many older games that I have yet to play but want to...

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Thanks, Shrimpy!

Np. I am honestly doing this for myself to forget Falcom for a while

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yet another thing I need to get on; the Atelier Dusk trilogy, that is (minus Ayesha, according to Armagon).
You know, I don't even need to buy a new console anytime soon. I expect Nep 5 to get a Switch port, anyway, and there are so many older games that I have yet to play but want to...

someone i know is playing Ayesha, he is enjoying it

IMG_20200831_100436.jpg?width=768&height

Ch.2 completed. So far, things haven't been too tough on me although i can see potential problems (as in, things will get harder, not actual problems) later on.

• Special charge is slower, making it a lot harder to pull off Blade Combos. Although this might become easier as i get more Blades.
  • Party Gauge charge is also slower which is definitely gonna affect my Chain Attacks.
  • Enemies that can Enrage also gain an exclusive ability called Rage Strikes. After reading up on it, Rage Strikes increase the power of an enemy's Art by 300% once and should a Rage Strike connect with one of my party members. the Party Gauge gets drained by 50 points (half a bar segment). That said, Rage Strikes can't be spammed so it won't be something stupid like Enrage in Cold Steel 3.
5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Back to RF4, I discovered I can sell pink turnips for 200 Gold each. Cha-ching!
... Is what I would say if the seed wasn't rather expensive and if they didn't grow comparatively slowly. I think I'll just stick to selling regular turnips, because while they're not as lucrative as their pink bretheren, the things grow like crazy and the seeds are very cheap to buy.

Leeks are a better money making crop. They sell for 1000+ a piece and they only take a week to grow, compared to Pink Turnips, which take longer to grow iirc.

You can spend all your money on leeks, wait a week, ship them off and you'll make more than what you had before you bought them.

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ouroboros is definitely the worst part of Trails in its entirety for me, but I found his laziness entertaining, so he kind of gets a pass.

McBurn is just a a shounen villain, complete with how he looks and that's why he's great imo.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She's basically Laslow, but with lady parts, and way more creepy.

I wouldn't say she's creepy, though her Support with Ophelia is questionable. 

But i like Soleil because she just doesn't give a shit about what people think of her, which is one of my favorite character traits.

24 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

anyway

I really liked how the battle theme changes depending on who's route you're doing. Granted, you can change with Change BGM anyway.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I see, I see!
Thanks for explaining!

Actually, Mist also appears in Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii as well, since it’s a direct sequel to the first game.

Yet another RF I haven’t played. I’d like to at some point, but RF games take quite a bit of time to play and I’ve still got so much left to do in 4 and my backlog that I fully expect to never get through 😛

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Np. I am honestly doing this for myself to forget Falcom for a while

That's okay, too!
I'm sorry for bringing it up again.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

someone i know is playing Ayesha, he is enjoying it

I see, I see!

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Leeks are a better money making crop. They sell for 1000+ a piece and they only take a week to grow, compared to Pink Turnips, which take longer to grow iirc.

You can spend all your money on leeks, wait a week, ship them off and you'll make more than what you had before you bought them.

I honestly haven't paid too much attention to the exact number of days it takes for a crop to grow.
I should probably do that more...

I don't have the option to plant leeks yet, but I will definitely do this once I get the chance to!

McBurn is just a a shounen villain, complete with how he looks and that's why he's great imo.

I also like his name.

wouldn't say she's creepy, though her Support with Ophelia is questionable.

That's an understatement if I've ever seen one.

But i like Soleil because she just doesn't give a shit about what people think of her, which is one of my favorite character traits.

While true, I still find her to be awful all around.
But I'm not a fan of the philanderer character in the first place, so her being basically female Inigo doomed her from the start in that regard.

The only character that ever managed to be of that archetype and be endearing/funny about it is Ringabel from Bravely Default. And even then, he's my least favorite among the four protagonists.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Actually, Mist also appears in Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii as well, since it’s a direct sequel to the first game.

That's interesting!

Edited by DragonFlames

I honestly haven't paid too much attention to the exact number of days it takes for a crop to grow.
I should probably do that more...

It's really important for deciding which crop you want to enter for the Seasonal Festival. A higher level means a higher chance of winning so you have to take into account how long it takes to grow one. But it's also worth looking into for seasonal strengths as well.

FYI, the crops with the longest growth time are the trees. Yes, you can plant trees as well. There's a tree west of the Obsidian Mansion (I don't think you've gone there yet) that gives you a random tree seed every day but regardless of what kind it is, all trees take 60 days to grow. And all of them grow poorly in winter so it's best to plant them at the start of spring or use one of the seasonal fields.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's really important for deciding which crop you want to enter for the Seasonal Festival. A higher level means a higher chance of winning so you have to take into account how long it takes to grow one. But it's also worth looking into for seasonal strengths as well.

I see!
I haven't won a single festival yet (came in second during the shearing thing), so it's about time I do!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FYI, the crops with the longest growth time are the trees. Yes, you can plant trees as well. There's a tree west of the Obsidian Mansion (I don't think you've gone there yet) that gives you a random tree seed every day but regardless of what kind it is, all trees take 60 days to grow. And all of them grow poorly in winter so it's best to plant them at the start of spring or use one of the seasonal fields.

You're right, I haven't been to the Obsidian Mansion yet. I'm still in the process for preparing for and getting lost in the Water Ruins.
60 days is a long time... I wonder what besides maybe fruit and wood I can get from them.
I assume they will occupy more than one spot on a field, since they're trees? Or do they only take up one spot like everything else?

Thanks for the heads-up, by the way! I'll be on the lookout for both of these things!

Edited by DragonFlames

60 days is a long time... I wonder what besides maybe fruit and wood I can get from them.

There's four kinds iirc. Twinkle Trees which just give you an insane amount of wood but that's it's only purpose. Then there's apple trees, grape trees and orange trees. The fruit trees all have their fruits grow back after a while.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

assume they will occupy more than one spot on a field, since they're trees? Or do they only take up one spot like everything else?

Everything, even trees, will always take up one spot unless it's a mega crop which takes up one whole square. But mega crops require you to grow four big crops in one square and wait for them to merge.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

There's four kinds iirc. Twinkle Trees which just give you an insane amount of wood but that's it's only purpose. Then there's apple trees, grape trees and orange trees. The fruit trees all have their fruits grow back after a while.

So they're mostly for a more reliable source of wood and fruit. Alright!
Now if only you could grow rocks, too. XD

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Everything, even trees, will always take up one spot unless it's a mega crop which takes up one whole square. But mega crops require you to grow four big crops in one square and wait for them to merge.

I see! Thanks! ^^

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

OG Class VII as a whole is a bit of a mess within the story. They had their chance in the spotlight, CS2 denied them that chance by basically rendering everything they do pointless, because of the lol Deus Ex Machina NPC saves, and CS3 made a very botched attempt at redeeming their credibility, which - in my opinion - came across as somewhat desperate and didn't work whatsoever. This is why I thought new Class VII was a necessary step, because the "old guard" already failed. But they didn't really do anything with or for new Class VII, either. But I ranted about this extensively before, so I'll spare you the sermon. XD

The only thing what has changed to old and new class VII was their clothes.

Working on the worst social link in Persona 5 right now: the twins. Finding the right Persona is such a mess. It took me more than 30 minutes and 30 fights to find the right Persona to fuse Flauros, the Persona to get level 3. And for the next one it looks like pain too since I haven't faced the Persona yet to fuse Phoenix.

Edit: I checked up the fusion chart and I should be able to summon all required Personas to get Phoenix.

Edited by Julian Teehee

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

and getting lost in the Water Ruins.

I had the same issue when I first went there. It was mainly an issue of me not realizing that certain areas could be walked on due to the graphical limitations making things blend together. Although it might be something different for you.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I had the same issue when I first went there. It was mainly an issue of me not realizing that certain areas could be walked on due to the graphical limitations making things blend together. Although it might be something different for you.

Me too-I just kept walking around there, stabbing goblins.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't won a single festival yet (came in second during the shearing thing), so it's about time I do!

The Buddy Battle is brutal, so I'd recommend training your monsters ahead of time. Next time, I think I'll go with Beetle + Goblin archer or duck.

9 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

The only thing what has changed to old and new class VII was their clothes.

Nice. XD

10 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Working on the worst social link in Persona 5 right now: the twins. Finding the right Persona is such a mess. It took me more than 30 minutes and 30 fights to find the right Persona to fuse Flauros, the Persona 3 to get level 3. And for the next one it looks like pain too since I haven't faced the Persona yet to fuse Phoenix.

Oh, then the Personas you need for that SL have changed from regular P5. I don't remember needing to fuse Phoenix for it.
The most annoying part is when they start wanting Personas with specific skills.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, same, actually. And I always have to leave early because Xiao Pai is not willing to stay with me past 7 p.m. yet.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

The Buddy Battle is brutal, so I'd recommend training your monsters ahead of time. Next time, I think I'll go with Beetle + Goblin archer or duck.

Will do!
Thanks for the heads-up!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, what Shrimpy shared.

Ah, sorry. I thought it was a reaction to my Beetle/Archer combo.