Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

You know, now that I've played the entire game, this "The moat has been turned into a portal of time. He will never return from limbo" line makes even less sense. There's no portals of time ever in the game lol, much less ones that were transmuted from castle moats. Fairly certain this was a mistranslation of some sort... Probably a fancy metaphor in Japanese that the localizers butchered. Eh.

Anyway, last guy joined. I will give him a mage robe, a knife and a shield and he can have all the utility spells. Map wide refreshing is a lot nicer when the guy using it has enough mana for more than two charges.

Think I'll play a bit of FE7 to wrap up the day. I gotta recruit Puzon. I considered taking Zagan, but I decided to give Bartre a shot instead. I want a merc, too. There is, after all, no base mercenaries in vanilla FE7.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Maybe the explanation with Arthur is that they wanted to have a "King Arthur" reference in the European inspired kingdom.

Huh.

That makes some sense, I guess, but... it's so weird. Plaster a random King Arthur reference on the superhero parody? If they were going to do that, why not put it on Xander? That'd be... ever so slightly more appropriate, at least. I mean, he isn't even called Xander in Japanese, either. Instead he's... Marks.

Yeah, this is a name change I can get behind. Xander doesn't sound like the name of an office pen pusher like Marks does.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Last year for french, we read a book I really, really disliked called La Route de Chlifa, featuring lots of filler, an author fixated on breats and a main character I didn't like at all. It was ratd 3.2/5 on Goodreads, which is admittedly not the best soure for ratings.

...The play we're gonna read next, Zone, is rated 3.1/5. I am terribly afraid.

Ah yes, forced school reads, also known as the thing that murders the concept of reading for most teenagers.

8 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Normal Casual.

So basically I just suck

Eh don't feel too bad, every time I play Conquest I find myself wishing I wasn't so prideful as to keep myself from picking a lower difficulty.

Lunatic and hard aren't even that different, they're just both hell.

I mean, it might have something to do with me using my weaker units over stronger units in chapters since I'm obsessed with not leaving anybody behind.

Using everyone in FE? That's not how you play the game, you know. You're supposed to bench everyone and deploy the royals only.

...And Haitaka.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Think I'll play a bit of FE7 to wrap up the day. I gotta recruit Puzon. I considered taking Zagan, but I decided to give Bartre a shot instead. I want a merc, too. There is, after all, no base mercenaries in vanilla FE7.

Raven...?

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

At some stage you can't really use everyone, in my first playthrough (same difficulty) some units had to be benched well before the end.

Yeah that's something I've been thinking about.

Shame really. I honestly enjoyed exploring the potential of all my units in Birthright.

Not that I'm not enjoying Conquest, I truly am, I just miss the grinding.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What levels are everyone at generally?

Generally, most folks are at the 13 to 19 level range with a few promoted units here and there, though due to some unlucky stat growths there are some who at high levels are still struggling. Thinking about mass buying a bunch of tonics.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Did you have this saved?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Using everyone in FE? That's not how you play the game, you know. You're supposed to bench everyone and deploy the royals only.

...And Haitaka.

Haitaka is actually falling a little behind in my army. He can pack a punch sure but his defense is so low that he gets killed easily.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can imagine it'll be "nice concept, nice break from the mainline format whilst still being an RPG", but technically deficient. Such failures of graphics, animations, and processing are going to be a serious turnoff for some particularly with a franchise as small and impoverished as Pokemon.

This said, I can expect the game won't bomb. It's Pokemon after all. And, among the critical Pokefans -excluding the unwashed masses- some are still bound to buy it anyhow, likely some of them being those who praise experimentation and ambition, and are more willing to tolerate execution errors.

I suspect it could underperform to some degree, but I could just be a pessimist about it being different from the standard and that throwing people off.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That, and while I've parted ways with Pokemon, I am interested in Rune Factory 5. The game whose comment sections I was reminded earlier today, are never complete without criticisms of the frame rate. Sometimes couched in language suggesting the reason Marvelous has wasted time that could've been spent doing so adding s/s marriage, which is ridiculous. Some lag isn't going to bother me that much, though obviously I would prefer for the game to be without it.

It reminds me of what I've seen on forums for the Civilization franchise, the amount of bashing the developers for the AI's complete incompetency in recent games is extreme. The points aren't without justification, I've seen the AI's stupidity in practice.

Well, some people really don't like gays for some reason, so any ould justification to themselves that the performance was sacrificed. (I don't know how bad this is, if it approaches SS endgame that would be a pretty bad one) I don't know how robust the SSM is in RF (Like, how differently are relationships written for non-het), but if it takes very little comparative effort to relationship mechanics in the game as is you could argue (poorly) that having the system at all took away from sorting out performance.

Does Ghandi still nuke everyone though?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, some polemicists seem like they would rather have Pong be the only video game to exist if it was the only game whose CPU could graduate college, than have there be any other video games at all.

Let Pong get it's Masters though.

Just now, Awakened_06_ said:

This looks like the Pokémon game I've dreamed for years...

... so why am I not excited... ?

I mean, that Kleavor gameplay footage didn't help.

I'm on about the actual gameplay here, it was very simplistic in how it handles Noble battles. If it's more complex later on (say, setting traps in the arena for them to charge into), I don't see in this video how it'll be so.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lunatic and hard aren't even that different, they're just both hell.

You're not helping convince me to actually finish Chapter 10 on Lunatic here.

That makes some sense, I guess, but... it's so weird. Plaster a random King Arthur reference on the superhero parody? If they were going to do that, why not put it on Xander? That'd be... ever so slightly more appropriate, at least. I mean, he isn't even called Xander in Japanese, either. Instead he's... Marks.

Yeah, this is a name change I can get behind. Xander doesn't sound like the name of an office pen pusher like Marks does.

I thought it was Marx.

FE getting dangerously political there

With a new game comes a new outfit, and with a new outfit come new challenges...

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

I wonder how Agate reacts to this situation.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Anri, from the PC continent. Going by the green apple she eatin and the whole Apple symbolism, she represents Apple, most likely lol

Steam girl incoming, let's go! I hope she wears a mountain of hats.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder how Agate reacts to this situation

Not Agate, but
''Your unmentionables are quite mentionable right now'' -Olivier

Will never forget this line lol

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Generally, most folks are at the 13 to 19 level range with a few promoted units here and there, though due to some unlucky stat growths there are some who at high levels are still struggling. Thinking about mass buying a bunch of tonics.

Ouch, that's worrisome.

Shame really. I honestly enjoyed exploring the potential of all my units in Birthright.

Not that I'm not enjoying Conquest, I truly am, I just miss the grinding.

I would recommend looking at who you'll be sticking with going forward, I definitely had people I wasn't using by then and no way would an active unit be that low by that chapter.

Which hey, at least you have choices you can make for the next maps!

But the next map will be rough to actually train in, though I'm not sure how much worse Hard was but it took a while.

Haitaka is actually falling a little behind in my army. He can pack a punch sure but his defense is so low that he gets killed easily.

Haitaka: unable to teach his lessons because he can't take criticism.

Holy shit, Marcus. He survived that with 1 HP. And people compare you to Seth... you aren't half the man Eagler is. Shameful beard! Wait 20 years to be cool!

Aaaand then I lost at the last minute because Puzon is too powerful.

You know, I don't feel this sense of annoyance upon restarting with Vandal Hearts 2 that FE never fails to instill in me.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

...Did you have this saved?

Too anime for that.

18 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Why is it only me that gets the ultra blessed Haitakas?

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

You're not helping convince me to actually finish Chapter 10 on Lunatic here.

Chapter 10 is basically the same thing.

I thought it was Marx.

You know, that does make more sense than Marks.

FE getting dangerously political there

Hey don't forget, Marx is in Berwick Saga.

...As the name attributed to the generic villager who gives Ruby her paralogue mission. But hey, he's there.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ah yes, the greatest story in the history of fiction.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Haitaka: unable to teach his lessons because he can't take criticism.

Pfffft

We get so much mileage out of his one quote, don't we...

Me: *goes to see some Memes and fanart on twitter*

Twitter: Trails Wars

Me:

Thumbnail_expert2.jpg

Can't i ever escape that shit. It's everywhere i go lol. Even so far as to filter CS content from youtube come on...

Edited by Shrimpresident

Well.

R.I.P. Dorkass. He gave his life so we could finally get Puzon and I wouldn't have to reset godly levels from Eligood, Serra and Bartre.

Puzon is better than my entire team, by the way. I'd forgotten how shitty the entirety of this game's early team is. Serra would one-round him, she would one-round everyone in fact... If she could fight. It's like a cruel joke.

Also

https://images2.imgbox.com/5d/0e/Lw5Ftqmv_o.png

Merlinus reveals himself as an angry Spaniard

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Me: *goes to see some Memes and fanart on twitter*

Twitter: Trails Wars

Me:

Thumbnail_expert2.jpg

Can't i ever escape that shit. It's everywhere i go lol. Even so far as to filter CS content from youtube come on...

You know, I don't have this problem. Everywhere I go, there are no Trails wars to be seen. Aren't I the lucky one. And all it took was to give the franchise the middle finger 10 hours in!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

You know, I don't have this problem. Everywhere I go, there are no Trails wars to be seen. Aren't I the lucky one. And all it took was to give the franchise the middle finger 10 hours in!

If i could D-mail my past self to tell him to not play Trails, i would, Cern Dystopia be damned...

But without Trails i doubt i would've eventually got into  FE, which i wanna still be into xD

So D-mail would be ''Play FE instead of Trails'' xD

But then i would get into FE right in the middle of Fatesawakening Era...doesn't sound fun lol. 

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

If i could D-mail my past self to tell him to not play Trails, i would, Cern Dystopia be damned...

But without Trails i doubt i would've eventually got into  FE, which i wanna still be into xD

So D-mail would be ''Play FE instead of Trails'' xD

But then i would get into FE right in the middle of Fatesawakening Era...doesn't sound fun lol. 

You cannot jump worldlines with the sending of one mere D-mail. Things might change, but ultimately, you're headed for the inevitable conclusion: Flamewars. Flamewars everywhere.

HYYYYYUUUUUU--

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You cannot jump worldlines with the sending of one mere D-mail. Things might change, but ultimately, you're headed for the inevitable conclusion: Flamewars. Flamewars everywhere.

HYYYYYUUUUUU--

Fucking Convergence

But there's a way to trick it and reach Steins Gate...right?

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you.

Derrick can kill the final boss, I'll have you know.

I only have ever seen that happen in a randomizer  lol

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

so any ould justification to themselves that the performance was sacrificed. (I don't know how bad this is, if it approaches SS endgame that would be a pretty bad one)

I haven’t gone out of my way to see how the frame rate is myself, other than a few moments during the trailers where I noticed “yeah, it’s lagging”. I don’t want to focus on that.

There is also the fact that the old RFs I knew weren’t lag-free. Usually they slowed down when there were too many enemies on the screen.  And I was fine with it, because Marvelous isn’t a huge company, and Rune Factory not a huge franchise. It’s not Stardew, bleh one-man indie, but being on the shoestring side IMO made me more tolerant of the games’ various flaws.

The above said, I do think Rune Factory 5 has the potential be something of a breakout game for the franchise. Probably not “Persona 5 big” or “Awakening-Fates-3H colossal”, merely moving it one step higher out of the "niche zone". But, to cite the Three Houses you cite, technical issues by themselves won’t necessarily sink a game. And like 3H, RF5 has wifeypons and hubbypons to win over the more casual audience looking for characters, not combat.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I don't know how robust the SSM is in RF (Like, how differently are relationships written for non-het)

They took the easiest, most flexible route on the matter- keep everything the same, just make all the marriage candidates bisexual for the main character.

This said, for the Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town remake, they did make a tweak here or there to account for s/s relationships. Not “censorship”, Popuri’s first or second marriage event involved playing the classic children’s game of “house” with the two obligatory little kids in town, and in case of a female MC, Popuri says the FeMC can play the father role. And, Kai slips in a “guyapples of love” quip if you want to be his boyfriend (the tropical yellow fruit is his favorite).🍍💕 Hopefully, line alterations such as the latter will be present for a little gaiety. Although I did see one commenter say Marvelous lost some of their translating talent when Nihon Falcom shifted over to NISA.

At the least, they did have to draw new marriage CGs to account for SSM, not that they're anything elaborate artwise. And they have shared some detail of the translation procedures they made to prepare for s/s relationships.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

but if it takes very little comparative effort to relationship mechanics in the game as is you could argue (poorly) that having the system at all took away from sorting out performance.

I think it's a stupid weak argument, because what's the likelihood the staff responsible for technical performance and adding "I do" with double dudes are the same people? Yes, you need to alter code to add the relationships, but messing with code is the basis of all game development, much as all cooking is messing with food. And yet, how many chefs make both patisserie and barbecue?