• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They took the easiest, most flexible route on the matter- keep everything the same, just make all the marriage candidates bisexual for the main character.

I expected that, really making the argument it's causing serious strain to be silly.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, to cite the Three Houses you cite, technical issues by themselves won’t necessarily sink a game.

I still won't forget how bad it got there.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And like 3H, RF5 has wifeypons and hubbypons to win over the more casual audience looking for characters, not combat.

I feel like I should feel insulted by this

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it's a stupid weak argument, because what's the likelihood the staff responsible for technical performance and adding "I do" with double dudes are the same people? Yes, you need to alter code to add the relationships, but messing with code is the basis of all game development, much as all cooking is messing with food. And yet, how many chefs make both patisserie and barbecue?

I feel like the patisserie and bbq can somehow be related to weddings.

I was also implicating that if adding SSM was so much of a strain maybe it's because of Marriage as a mechanic in the game, thus was unnecessary to the experience.

Don't think there'd be many people happy to hear that.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This said, for the Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town remake, they did make a tweak here or there to account for s/s relationships. Not “censorship”, Popuri’s first or second marriage event involved playing the classic children’s game of “house” with the two obligatory little kids in town, and in case of a female MC, Popuri says the FeMC can play the father role. And, Kai slips in a “guyapples of love” quip if you want to be his boyfriend (the tropical yellow fruit is his favorite).🍍💕 Hopefully, line alterations such as the latter will be present for a little gaiety. Although I did see one commenter say Marvelous lost some of their translating talent when Nihon Falcom shifted over to NISA.

It does sound like the kind of understandable alteration to make it work honestly.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Technically possible, Shrimpers. Technically possible. I'll bet if I spent enough time I could kill Chaos too.

You are now Jack Garland

Oh yeah i forgot to post this interaction

Screenshot_6307.png

Screenshot_6308.png

Screenshot_6309.png

Screenshot_6310.png

Screenshot_6311.png

Screenshot_6312.png

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Anri, from the PC continent. Going by the green apple she eatin and the whole Apple symbolism, she represents Apple, most likely lol

Her gimmick is that she operates on a completely different system than everyone else, representing how Apple OS is completely different than what sane people use.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some lag isn't going to bother me that much, though obviously I would prefer for the game to be without it.

Same. RF combat is like not the focus and while i stable framerate would be great, it's not like it matters too much in this sort of game. It ain't DMC.

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Not Agate, but
''Your unmentionables are quite mentionable right now'' -Olivier

Will never forget this line lol

Olivier would fit right in with Endless Frontier's cast.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stardew, bleh

No no you're right.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Technically possible, Shrimpers. Technically possible. I'll bet if I spent enough time I could kill Chaos too.

Damn, someone did this joke first

Edited by Awakened_06_

I'm not sure how I feel about Flaccid Pancake Limp Bizkit canonically being part of the Final Fantasy mythos. But American Express exists in Final Fantasy XV, even though America itself apparently doesn't, not to mention the Cup Noodle thing, so this is par the course for FF now.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Not Agate, but
''Your unmentionables are quite mentionable right now'' -Olivier

Will never forget this line lol

I wonder what other magical Olivier lines I've missed. Unfortunately I need Kloe in the party to continue her character arc (and for healing), but I'll try to give my party members equal screentime.

Screenshot_6320.png

Haken, you should've been in PxZ2 so you could've witnessed Ady from Summon Nights summon Felicia from Darkstalkers.

Screenshot_6322.png

I meeeeeeaaaaaan he isn't wrong. But uh, he looks very evil.

Screenshot_6323.png

Do you tho? You aren't really the kind to take orders from people. You did team up with the big bad of PxZ1 but that was only to see what they were up to.

....I mean i guess it's the same case here huh.

Screenshot_6324.png

Screenshot_6328.png

Screenshot_6329.png

Screenshot_6330.png

Mr. Evil guy, your plan has backfired.

Weird to not see Reiji with her tho.

Also the fact that Xiaomu is 765 years old means that, from Shinra's perspective, Namco x Capcom, Endless Frontier, Exceed, Project X Zone 1 and 2 all happened within the same year. Damn that's a lot of events.

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

OOF

Hang in there

Hey, there's worse fates than reading dubious french content.

2 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Lol, I remember our Litterature classes in college, which had us read plays about people whining over their mediocre life for ages. Or the one we needed to overanalyze the shit out of. I wish you the best. 

Judging by the back cover of this one, sounds like I'm gonna need that luck, so I appreciate it. Sounds like it's gonna be extremely edgy, but maybe it'll be OK.

2 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Oh god... it's French-Canadian... Respect and condolences.

Why? Do French-Canadian works have a bad reputation?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, forced school reads, also known as the thing that murders the concept of reading for most teenagers.

I WOULDN'T MIND IF THEY PICKED ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF GOOD BOOKS OUT THERE, BUT IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS THE BAD ONES

Also, the Count of Monte-Cristo movie is very funny, but not for the reason the director wanted.

p3IF4UK.png

That's not a next century thing, that happens in this Century, too 😛

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6324.png

Screenshot_6328.png

Screenshot_6329.png

Screenshot_6330.png

rekt lol

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

I WOULDN'T MIND IF THEY PICKED ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF GOOD BOOKS OUT THERE, BUT IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS THE BAD ONES

Good or bad, let people pick the books they wanna read or something.

I started reading so much more after school. Reading is the last thing i wanted to do in school lol

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I continued not to get it the second time. Who the heck is this guy?

He's going to kill Chaos.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, the Count of Monte-Cristo movie is very funny, but not for the reason the director wanted.

The 2002 one? Turned into a swashbuckling adventure movie, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Good or bad, let people pick the books they wanna read or something.

tbh I don't know if any book is fun to read on repeat to analyze it for class.

I don't necessarily hate forced books, it's just that I do find they tend to pick really weak ones. I do also like it when we get to pick our own books for sure, but I think a combination of the two is best.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

I started reading so much more after school. Reading is the last thing i wanted to do in school lol

I really do need to read more often, I used to be real bookworm, but now I rarely ever read.

1 minute ago, Awakened_06_ said:

The 2002 one? Turned into a swashbuckling adventure movie, unfortunately

Yup. We just finished reading it in French, and the movie was... Not what I was expecting, to say the least. It definitely missed the mark in terms of the intrigue, and the lighting for the first hour or so is really bad, but at least it was pretty entertaining in the last bit. I loved how terrible the last fight sequence was.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I really do need to read more often, I used to be real bookworm, but now I rarely ever read.

Same. Life sucks, man.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yup. We just finished reading it in French, and the movie was... Not what I was expecting, to say the least. It definitely missed the mark in terms of the intrigue, and the lighting for the first hour or so is really bad, but at least it was pretty entertaining in the last bit. I loved how terrible the last fight sequence was.

The book is too long to be adapted in just movie, so they made the best of what came to mind. I still hope for a faithful adaptation, and preference as a tv series.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Huh.

That makes some sense, I guess, but... it's so weird. Plaster a random King Arthur reference on the superhero parody? If they were going to do that, why not put it on Xander? That'd be... ever so slightly more appropriate, at least. I mean, he isn't even called Xander in Japanese, either. Instead he's... Marks.

Yeah, this is a name change I can get behind. Xander doesn't sound like the name of an office pen pusher like Marks does.

If you really wanted to take a stretch, you could say that King Arthur was like the superhero of the dark ages.

The name Harold might've fit that role and more however since it is a Norse name which is a culture largely associated with vikings, which was an occupation mythologized like action heroes in Norse countries at the time, and they most likely wielded axes, like Arthur does in his base class.

I'm guessing they changed the name from Marx to Xander because traditionally, Marx is more of a last name.

Now I'm curious. Did any of the Birthright characters suffer a name change during localization?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ouch, that's worrisome.

I would recommend looking at who you'll be sticking with going forward, I definitely had people I wasn't using by then and no way would an active unit be that low by that chapter.

Which hey, at least you have choices you can make for the next maps!

But the next map will be rough to actually train in, though I'm not sure how much worse Hard was but it took a while.

Aye, I might need some tips for that one.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Now I'm curious. Did any of the Birthright characters suffer a name change during localization?

Tsubaki became... Subaki.

Tsukuyomi became Hayato.

Kazahana became... Hana.

Nishiki became Kaden.

Yuugiri became Reina.

Crimson became... Scarlet.

Dia became Dwyer.

Midoriko became... Midori.

Shinonome became Shiro.

Kisaragi became Kiragi.

Kinu became Selkie.

Gurei became Asugi.

Matoi became Caeldori.

Syalla became Rhajat.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I feel like I should feel insulted by this

You shouldn't. I'm just saying that SRPGs are a niche genre, and FE's characters and character interactions are what gives it room for greater popularity.

Although, it feels wrong to insinuate combat makes things less niche. I know fighting is a turnoff for some gamers (despite so many game involving fighting), but I can't tell whether it's a net gain or not. If being part ARPG means RF has the potential to be bigger than Story of Seasons or not.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6311.png

Screenshot_6312.png

I like this moment. It's like the game is poking fun at itself for every encounter with a bad guy having to result in a battle.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6322.png

I meeeeeeaaaaaan he isn't wrong. But uh, he looks very evil.

Who would possibly be bad with a name like "Lok-Eye"?😛

Screenshot_6330.png

Mr. Evil guy, your plan has backfired.

This was a 10/10 scene for me.🤣 Sure, Saya was there, and the game had established a pattern of "one new character per dungeon". But I wasn't expecting Xiaomu to arrive in this moment. Brave New World's instrumental rendition was good to boot, I hadn't really heard it before. Learning Xiaomu enjoys being spanked was icing on the cake.

Also the fact that Xiaomu is 765 years old means that, from Shinra's perspective, Namco x Capcom, Endless Frontier, Exceed, Project X Zone 1 and 2 all happened within the same year. Damn that's a lot of events.

Considering Acacia said once its goro awase for "Namco", I don't think Xiaomu is allowed to age. That, or she's in denial.

"Time passes differently in different dimensions" could be another excuse. 

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Judging by the back cover of this one, sounds like I'm gonna need that luck, so I appreciate it. Sounds like it's gonna be extremely edgy, but maybe it'll be OK.

Then find one of the Marquis de Sade's "masterpieces" and read 18th century sexism and eroticism. Your brain won't need luck if it has already died.

Screenshot_6332.png?width=295&height=432

Oh yeah Xiaomu the best.

I don't think I ever tapped into Daunt myself, but I definitely see the appeal of it.

Screenshot_6333.png

Screenshot_6334.png

OH YEAH XIAOMU THE BEST

You wouldn't have gotten that if Reiji were here.😛

Her bio page does say she likes pro wrestling. I like that they acknowledge it for once with XIAOMU... DRIVER! The bodysurfing is incredible too.

But what if i go online while also rolling around in my bed?

iuxGms7uJpsUsKtKyhAMk8-970-80.jpg

Behold a bed made specifically for gaming. Just ignore all the awkward reaching backwards to grab your blue bottle of lotion you'll have to do. And the egregarious back pains that come from having nothing to rest you spine against. All you need is a bathroom and minifridge, and you're set for life.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer