• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I see the After the End Fan Fork mod of CKII got its evident final update (at least until someone makes a Fan Fork out of the Fan Fork).

Guess it can be finally time to do a full playthrough. The Golden Eagle will soar again! Or do a playthrough ruling my home province as "myself" thanks to the Ruler Designer. Though it will be a bit interesting since 1.2v turned the province into a Merchant Republic. That's weird, considering where I live... lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Those who get big get rid of sex scenes. Like Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime removing them in re-releases/remakes, for example. Big Publishers don't add them because they don't need to.

Plus, I've seen that reliable source of unbiased information called "commenters" say there is a certain bias on Steam against games with graphic sex. -But only those with anime aesthetics, Western stuff is fine, those most mild of critics say.  Although Western gaming likes it a bit grittier and older on the sex, Japan's school-age stuff I can understand as being at times unsettling to the point of not wanting it on a storefront.

Major publishers like Steam b/c quasi-PC gaming monopoly, so I understand them not wanting to risk not getting a game on the store.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

3bbI6ij.png

As expected of a Priest

...Yeeeeeeeah, I would rather hope to think him this guy in disguise.:

Azazel.png

Than be an actual human being. Fallen angels be fallen, but twisted humans are twisted.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Bad touch doesn't begin to qualify this.

The thing is, I kinda like Fran as a character in her other aspects. The medical molesting comes off as disconnected from the rest of her personality, which makes it worse. Like, why include it?

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I just ate a pizza doughnut.

I've eaten pizza as it usually is, as a taco, as an empanada... guess it was time to add a new one to the list, pft...

Pizza is savory. A savory doughnut comes off as bizarre to me (even if less saccharine variants like salted caramel and dulce de leche exist). Mozzarella can be sweet, and tomato sauce sometimes too, but not ever enough together in pizza form to qualify as dessert.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Seriously, the Gulf of California ain't the Adriatic Sea, Mexicali can't come close to be Venice...

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pizza is savory. A savory doughnut comes off as bizarre to me (even if less saccharine variants like salted caramel and dulce de leche exist). Mozzarella can be sweet, and tomato sauce sometimes too, but not ever enough together in pizza form to qualify as dessert.

Eh, doughnuts are just bread-rings with stuff atop. Not unlike pizza, except with more height, and with a hole in the middle...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plus, I've seen that reliable source of unbiased information called "commenters" say there is a certain bias on Steam against games with graphic sex

it's more like it's pretty random on what they ban when it comes to jp stuff. Sometimes they allow pretty risque stuff while sometimes they ban light stuff

https://jastusa.com/page/the-state-of-muramasa a localizer tallking about it

I was also talking about jp VN developers/publishers, not storefront. Quite a few VNs don't have H-scenes nowdays.

Anything on steam has no H-scenes to begin with (like Steins;Gate) or has the h-scenes removed (like the current game i am playing)

Edited by Shrimpresident

I finished Chapter 3 of SC (technically, as I have some sidequests to do before properly finishing the chapter), and a lot more happened than I was expecting.

Spoiler

We have a new villain in Ouroboros now, but it was nice to clean up the leftover villains of the previous game... or not, since I had to fight a tank and Amalthea with no healing in between. The guide I'm using didn't tell me that I was technically at the end of the chapter, so I didn't know I would be fighting any bosses when I did. It's nice that Colonel Richard has turned over a new leaf, so the matter with the Intelligence Division is settled. It was also cool to see Agate/Anelace and Joshua/the Capuas make their own contributions to foiling the villains behind the scenes.

Yes, it turns out the small child was a member of Ouroboros all along. The knowledge appeared to me in a dream even before Sooks spoiled it (and she does indeed eat ice cream, so my prediction was partially correct). It seems Weissman needed to fill his "underage assassin" quota somehow. I was surprised, however, that Renne was the villain of this chapter; I was expecting her to hang around with Estelle for longer before she outed herself. But she genuinely likes the party and Joshua, not to mention that she's likely been manipulated by Weissman for most of her life, so she might be redeemable... or Rennedeemable, if you prefer.

And obviously, the real biggest twist was Duke Dunan being grateful to Estelle for rescuing him. Could we have another redemption arc incoming?

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just to clarify:

Marx would be マルクス.

Xander's Japanese name is マークス, which is indeed Marks.

So the change wasn't because CoMmUnIsM, as it were... probably. They do sound very alike, at least. But Marks is a British surname:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marks_(surname)

Ah...that makes a lot of sense .

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Oh lord, that'd be awkward. 

We watched a French movie this year, (Les Intouchables, it was very good IMO) but I certainly noticed a lot of language differences, (Vanne instead of Blague, for example, and people swore like sailors) though it could just be that everyone I interact with uses imitation French.

Oh, that movie was French? I know my parents liked it quite a bit, but I never watched it myself. I don't think it looked like a bad movie, just one I wouldn't really go out of my way to watch. Haha, swearing is also prime French-Canadian movie material. I remember one of the most cult French-Canadian scenes is from Bon Cop, Bad cop (an actually pretty good movie, among the rare French-Canadian pieces I consider entertaining) and it's basically the main Quebecois cop explaining to his buddy Ontarian English cop how to "conjugate" swears and use them in a million ways. Though, if there's one French-Canadian media I'd recommend, it'd definitely be "Le coeur a ses raisons". It's a parody of a soap opera, but it goes so over the top all the time in the most ridiculous ways, it's hilarious XD It's a 3 season show though so it can be a little longer and it might be hard to get your hands on. Though I think there are at least some episodes on Youtube.

I was always wondering why Dexithea always seemed to be able to reach enemies when I tried looking into possible strategies. I now understand.

425141925_Dexmov.png.c3b38e857b07c6b0de9321627c82f49f.png

Blessed Dexithea will not see the bench after all. Well, apart from fatigue that is.

I'm more and more convinced my current unit to see the bench the earliest is Charles. He's unfortunately really got nothing unique and doesn't perform very well either. He's useful as a flier, but I also plan on using Jenna a lot, and there should be other fliers incoming in the future. Derek is popping off real good too! I feel like I'm gonna get screwed later on with dragon weapons though... Using Janet, Derek and Nicole in the same team can be a liability XD At least Dragon veins will be a thing for my team. Also I love Ricky so much. Wish I could've boosted Oreades a bit more in the last map, but forestland said otherwise. Maybe he'll be my first main axe user to go, unfortunately. Then again, steal is an insanely useful ability in this hack... I'm too conflicted. So many axes, so little space.

Just watch, next desert banner will be Jehanna or so...

I almost read that as Gehanna and thought about the place in "Trails" (which would fit actually), but then I remember about that place in "Sacred Stones".

To clarify what I tried to say:

Sora no Kiseki the 3rd OST - Stairway to Gehenna - YouTube

8 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

3bbI6ij.png

As expected of a Priest

I don't think I like this hentai you're reading now

5 hours ago, Lorneus said:

I was always wondering why Dexithea always seemed to be able to reach enemies when I tried looking into possible strategies. I now understand.

425141925_Dexmov.png.c3b38e857b07c6b0de9321627c82f49f.png

Blessed Dexithea will not see the bench after all. Well, apart from fatigue that is.

It seems every run has that one unit. I always like Dexithea, glad she's turning out so... well, amazingly for you.

I'm more and more convinced my current unit to see the bench the earliest is Charles. He's unfortunately really got nothing unique and doesn't perform very well either. He's useful as a flier, but I also plan on using Jenna a lot, and there should be other fliers incoming in the future. Derek is popping off real good too! I feel like I'm gonna get screwed later on with dragon weapons though... Using Janet, Derek and Nicole in the same team can be a liability XD At least Dragon veins will be a thing for my team. Also I love Ricky so much. Wish I could've boosted Oreades a bit more in the last map, but forestland said otherwise. Maybe he'll be my first main axe user to go, unfortunately. Then again, steal is an insanely useful ability in this hack... I'm too conflicted.

Yeah, Charles's problem is that he's just a regular competent flier in a game filled to the brim with far more interesting unit concepts. And Daedalus. Fuck Daedalus.

Eh, don't worry too much about dragon weapons. It's really not a big deal, use all the dragons you like.

Ricky is fun. He used to be a boring axeguy, but then they gave him staves and now he's just straight up better than Kirin, unless Kirin decides to pop off and get a million movement in her first two levels.

Oreades is also fun. He can be pretty insane if trained, and he gains a mount at tier 3.

So many axes, so little space.

The problem with hacks is that they tend to be better at making fun and unique units than IntSys, so you end up wanting to use everyone in spite of the limited deployment slots. Oof.

This cool af

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't think I like this hentai you're reading now

This whole section has been creepy af. I just post r/nocontext comedic outtakes, but what you guys don't see is some creepy stuff

Also does everyone miss the part where i said i am playing without h-patch? 😛

Edited by Shrimpresident

16 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

This whole section has been creepy af. I just post r/nocontext comedic outtakes, but what you guys don't see is some creepy stuff

Amazing.

Truly the kinoest of kinos, this thing you're reading.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Also does everyone miss the part where i said i am playing without h-patch? 😛

It failed to remove Father Gregory.

I've been thinking... FE7 feels like a mediocre, old ROMhack. No, I'm serious. The mixture of uninspired and overly bizarre character designs, the portrait oddities (miscolored pixels in blinking frames, hooded Ephidel doesn't blink, Eliwood's portrait is missing two pixels at the bottom...these are all small things I've always noticed, and forgiven, in hacks, but it feels so strange to see them in an official game), the weirdly paced story that feels like a clumsy fanfic of Binding Blade, the translation that feels like a fanslation - and a pretty meh one, at that... I have been reminded that I like the characters, at least, but sheesh.

Anyway, replaying FE7 is making me want to replay Path of Radiance. I mean hey, in the mood for one boring game, in the mood for two, I guess. Or maybe Trails. I dunno, I'm already kinda getting over FE7 lol. I'd like to see my insane Serra in action, but this game's so bleh...

Although I should probably finish Vandal Hearts 2 first. This game is too good and makes bad FEs look worse.

...You know, @Shrimpresident you in particular might like this game, actually. You enjoyed Berwick Saga, with its unique mechanics and stuff, and there's plenty of that here without any hitrate problems, to boot. Difficulty feels just right to me, and thanks to the combat system, you have to think your moves and stay one step ahead of the AI even in the simpler battles. Also, lots of suffering in the story. I know how you love that. So yeah, if at any point you have free time to play something, do consider this game. No need to do the first game. The stories are mostly disconnected, and I get the feeling you wouldn't enjoy it too much.

Also the way Sad Eliwood's sprite is... not colored at all. But I suppose I can see how it was missed, considering the scene it's in is unskipable... for some reason.

And the intro narration was just copy & pasted from FE6.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Also the way Sad Eliwood's sprite is... not colored at all. But I suppose I can see how t was missed, considering the scene it's in is unskipable... for some reason.

Oh yeah, the one scene where Nergal and Eliwood's sprites are completely black, and to add insult to injury it's an unskippable scene with really slow text that cannot be sped up. I almost forgot that one lol. I always did wonder how they missed that.

And the intro narration was just copy & pasted from FE6.

That, I didn't know. Huh.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

you in particular might like this game, actually. You enjoyed Berwick Saga, with its unique mechanics and stuff

I can say for certain as someone who enjoyed Berwick, that this isn't a guarantee. XD

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I can say for certain as someone who enjoyed Berwick, that this isn't a guarantee. XD

I mean, nothing is a guarantee in life, certainly. Shrimpy just strikes me as someone who could enjoy Vandal Hearts 2. I could be wrong, I could be right. There's only one way to find out and it's up to him.