Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

wait that far already huh

ok

Chapters 4 and 5 flew by without a lot to say, the plot and characters are pretty much the same and the game randomly got a lot easier in chapter 4, and has stayed that way since then.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Why did she have to cut her hair?...

She was so much more beautiful with long hair...

Just a reminder | Geiger Counter | Know Your Meme

I feel like the biggest conflict in Dark Souls is between encumbrance and your sense of aesthetic. I don't care how light it is, that Sorcerer hat looks terrible while hollowed.

Gotta say though, it's nice to finally get to play a game with good female armor designs again.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Not that, i hate how anything even close to petite is called a loli nowdays (or shota for short guys).

Fair point, but... Well, you guys yourselves told me the stated ages of characters don't matter. Then looks are all I have to go by. This Neptune gal does not look like a short woman, she looks like a 10 year old. And, well, from my extremely limited knowledge of the series, I believe it sexualizes her. You think that's okay? Good on you, but I find it rather icky.

I dunno, I know you don't want to get into this argument, but I don't think it's fair to just generally dismiss me as a blind hater and "wrong."

Not to mention many people just write off characters because of that and use the word more as an insult than anything.

This, I'll admit I'm guilty of. Whenever I see an obvious loli character like Elise I can't help but think "this character exists solely for the benefit of a certain collective" and it sours my view of the whole character.

maxresdefault.jpg

See, these two do look closer to short women. Eyes less gigantic, face less rounded, attires that look more adult, expressions more mature... they don't feel childlike as Neptune absolutely does.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

You played a funny anime game which, from what I gather, has a scene where you walk in on anime girls showering, I'm not sure if you can judge things for being "anime" anymore.

Steins;Gate? The shower scene was literally the part of the game I hated the most. Kind of a bad example to bring up.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

But unironically

Lol of course not.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well like the thing is is that Neptune is just short. There's this misconception that short = loli in anime which isn't true at all.

Is she, though? Is she really? Why, becuse the author said so? I hope that's not it, because you can't tell me that the stated age doesn't matter one day and then another day turn around and tell me the opposite.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

*shots fired* 

Yes, well, I suggest you cry me a river.

Also I like how you're the only one who didn't immediately jump to Neptunia's passionate defense even though you brought it up in the first place lol

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I feel like the biggest conflict in Dark Souls is between encumbrance and your sense of aesthetic. I don't care how light it is, that Sorcerer hat looks terrible while hollowed.

100%

I spent my entire run of Dark Souls 3 running around in a brittle priest attire and pretending to be the pope.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Pt7KeoX.png

The big ass trap

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

? I hope that's not it, because you can't tell me that the stated age doesn't matter one day and then another day turn around and tell me the opposite.

There are kids and lolis in the games and they do look the part

and we saw Neptune living like hundreds of years through the games. Not just 'hur durr dragon loli just appeared', we experienced the hundreds of years in the games.

We saw her standing in the middle of actual kids in the games and there's quite the difference (she's the leader of her own Nation, and quite a popular one at that)

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, these two do look closer to short women.

If these 2 are short, then every woman in anime is either short or super short. Every single one of them.

Edited by Shrimpresident

It's kinda unexpected just how primitive the game is in a lot of ways. Like how the Crestfallen Merchant is floating above the ground to make him look taller then you. It's really not hard to notice.

I'm also not sure what the point of using the havoc engine is. It just makes rat corpses cling to your model for several rooms. I don't see it doing anything other then making the game feel like Goat Simulator.
Quite frankly, it's baffling that all this stuff is even left laying around instead of just despawning it. As far as I am aware, the game had huge performance issues in it's initial release. Requiring the game to keep track of dozens or hundreds of individual physics objects scattered around everywhere can't have helped with that.

Edited by BrightBow

I keep flip-flopping in my opinion about Blazing Sword. On the one hand, it feels uninspired, almost unofficial-like at times. On the other, so far at least, it lacks any massive problems like its fellow bottom of the barrel FEs. It lacks PoR's mindless difficulty and extremely slow pace, MotE's impossible UI, SoV's painful map design, Three Houses's terrible map and difficulty design and Awakening's... everything. It's just... kinda there.

Eh. I was tempted to quit for a moment there, but then my pal (who is much more of a fan than me) arrived and got me to play some more with him. I made it all the way to the boat chapter, I picked up Bernard, Serra maxed out her level... I must say, my will to play this game has been revitalized a bit. Turns out skipping the story helped, too. I was reading it because it had been a while, but... yeeeaaah it's not worth it.

I'll keep going for now, and reserve judgment till later. Though I'll say it right now: If I beat this run, I'm bumping the game up above Awakening. Then it'll be in the "pretty not good, but inoffensive enough that I might consider a replay or two" tier, which sounds fair enough, with everything I'm seeing so far.

Come to think of it, what is Genealogy doing above SS and RD? I have big issues with both, but Genealogy is a game I would never replay. Those maps are no fun whatsoever.

41 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Truly a saint, eh?

It's in the name!

36 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

There are kids and lolis in the games and they do look the part

and we saw Neptune living like hundreds of years through the games. Not just 'hur durr dragon loli just appeared', we experienced the hundreds of years in the games.

We saw her standing in the middle of actual kids in the games and there's quite the difference (she's the leader of her own Nation, and quite a popular one at that)

Right... Well, that's nice, at least, I guess. I still don't really like the artstyle. Too childlike. But I suppose that's a matter of preference.

If these 2 are short, then every woman in anime is either short or super short. Every single one of them.

Ehhhhh I'm going to disagree there. You compare this

iSPo6BJp54HY90bboqEoVItymIju1Hku-ma57c0u

to stuff like, say... these.

black-lagoon-balalaika-revy-roberta-wall

Well, maybe it's just me, but there's... a bit of a difference. The Mages chick feels distinctly more tiny.

5gbI5UO.png

Rain likin rain

Seriously, why the fuck is she called Rain, why Japan why--

HQBKZlE.png

Lel

Half teehee probably wishes they were lying on the ground gotten their ass kicked by her, you pervs 😛 

No she loli, I hate, mooscles are the only way for animes to prove they adult

13 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:
Is this what heaven looks like?

Yes.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, maybe it's just me, but there's... a bit of a difference.

The difference i see is honestly more in the Art style. If either got adapted to other's Artstyle they would be of similiar length

Or maybe that's just me anyway

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No she loli, I hate, mooscles are the only way for animes to prove they adult

and a beard!

Edited by Shrimpresident

I find it pretty hilarious how I've returned to this game after all these years, and the character that chose to soak in the RNG screwage for the entire team is... Canas. You know, a strong contender for my favorite character in the game?

You break my heart, man. You're going to force me to bench you for Teodor at this rate. Get something, you idiot!

Also deployment slots where

23 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

No my good sir, this is what heaven looks like:

97A891FF-1D3F-4E59-8B91-890F6C5E47EC.jpeg.68b22e1904eeb295e22b49be86bda1a6.jpeg

No, that's a future littered with kidney problems.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

The difference i see is honestly more in the Art style. If either got adapted to other's Artstyle they would be of similiar length

Or maybe that's just me anyway

Yeah, that's fair, I suppose.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

and a beard!

Too true.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I find it pretty hilarious how I've returned to this game after all these years, and the character that chose to soak in the RNG screwage for the entire team is... Canas. You know, a strong contender for my favorite character in the game?

You break my heart, man. You're going to force me to bench you for Teodor at this rate. Get something, you idiot!

Hey, gotta explain how he dies to a blizzard later on...

https://images2.imgbox.com/91/e6/CmOdOAk3_o.png

This is a very well designed bossman.

Eh, all I need is his ring, anyway. Matthew, do the honors.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, gotta explain how he dies to a blizzard later on...

I guess, but... dangit, Canas. Good thing he's not my only option for a dark mage with this mod...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also I like how you're the only one who didn't immediately jump to Neptunia's passionate defense even though you brought it up in the first place lol

I havent even been on! But im not sure why I would, if you dont like her as a character, thats your choice, I dont wanna comform you to my viewpoints. 

I mean, I dislike FE CQ gameplay and you dont call me out for it, so why would i do just that?

https://images2.imgbox.com/00/a3/XPA4CLji_o.png

Suddenly, the Black Fang hears a faint melody in the distance... It is the soundtrack of their end.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I havent even been on! But im not sure why I would, if you dont like her as a character, thats your choice, I dont wanna comform you to my viewpoints. 

I mean, I dislike FE CQ gameplay and you dont call me out for it, so why would i do just that?

A most respectful outlook.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously, why the fuck is she called Rain, why Japan why--

Would tacking an "e" on the end of it make the name look more acceptable?

Although, if you dislike natural names, there's FFXIII. Main character goes by the nickname of Lightning, and one her companions (whom I do not exactly care for) is named Snow. This being the same franchise that had earlier made Cloud a JRPG household name, and then followed it up with Squall and Laguna (well, "Lagoon" in Japanese). And then by pure coincidence, the localization of FFVI changed main character "Tina" to "Terra".

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Unbenannt.PNG

City of Sin...One can never escape Trails huh

Or Las Vegas. Don't get hung on old scars. The term is pretty generic.😀

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I haven't been on about it, but I had another NSO trial and have been using it to clear Link to the Past.

I have to say, while I get this was a huge game for the series when it came out, unlike OoT I wouldn't really think it's all that great to go back and do a playthrough. Multiple bosses that essentially become impossible if you have low magic, few dungeons that felt all that interesting even if they were sprawling (at times feeling somewhat cryptic or issues with how the game's tiles are structured versus Link moving on them making things more difficult that needed), large amounts of slowdown that I do think is on the game as I've seen it elsewhere, a world that is barren for larger stretches of the Dark World and a weird bit where you essentially go through a dungeon, only for the game to warp you to another location after the last refight of a boss to face Ganon in another location. This may be overly negative, but in the end I do think there's better 2D Zelda (aLBW definitely being one of them).

I do think it does do things well though, some boss fights are still at least good, there's great use of having to hop between the two worlds (some of which are optional), it does make The Zelda Formula and the final fight, man they stick the landing. The Ganon fight is stellar and would have been a treat (if rough) playing it fully legit, I'll say that. Make that fucker for Smash Ninty, I dare you..

Though every person who died in the Dark World comes back, Damm, the Triforce OP

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Her just singing Las to that..... *shiver

(The fact that it reminded me of FFIII's boss theme was a weird coincidence.)

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then by pure coincidence, the localization of FFIV changed main character "Tina" to "Terra".

That's VI.

Trust me, I know.

Edited by Dayni