Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know, I know I still have two months until this releases,

Oh God, it releases in two months. How time flies.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although it might be just me, but I was getting the feeling of late that Kirby games have been recycling their classics tunes a little too much, and need to focus more on making new hits.

Maybe it's cause i haven't played a whole lot of Kirby games but i never felt this way.

2 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Why did she have to cut her hair?...

She was so much more beautiful with long hair...

Just a reminder | Geiger Counter | Know Your Meme

Don't know what the context behind this but i getcha.

Long hair >>>>>> short hair, every time.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

YC5fvVj.png

Dollar Store-brand Siren.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lol of course not.

Ok good. You can still be saved.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Her just singing Las to that..... *shiver

While she vanquishes the entire enemy army with the basic lightning tome.

What have I unleashed upon the world...

(The fact that it reminded me of FFIII's boss theme was a weird coincidence.)

I guess I can kinda see it.

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, but that's pretty much standard for them. They only have one strategy.

Fair point, but usually it's not Serra that erases them from the world, of all people. It's pretty much just Marcus most of the time. Ew, broken paladin man. Icky. Wait 20 years to be cool.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok good. You can still be saved.

See, there's different levels. There's things I like normally. Then there's things I like because they're so awful they make me laugh. Then there's Garon, who is on a level of his own, because I refuse to believe human beings wrote him.

Heavy Rain stands on the "everything about this game is terrible and the creator is a horrible person, I shall now point and laugh" rank.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I guess I can kinda see it.

Do you know what I'm on about? There was a bit listening to the song and I just heard an entire other song for a moment. Just, coincidence considering how some of those bosses could be.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's VI.

Trust me, I know.

Whoops. Roman numeral typo.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I haven't been on about it, but I had another NSO trial and have been using it to clear Link to the Past.

I have to say, while I get this was a huge game for the series when it came out, unlike OoT I wouldn't really think it's all that great to go back and do a playthrough. Multiple bosses that essentially become impossible if you have low magic, few dungeons that felt all that interesting even if they were sprawling (at times feeling somewhat cryptic or issues with how the game's tiles are structured versus Link moving on them making things more difficult that needed), large amounts of slowdown that I do think is on the game as I've seen it elsewhere, a world that is barren for larger stretches of the Dark World,  and a weird bit where you essentially go through a dungeon, only for the game to warp you to another location after the last refight of a boss to face Ganon in another location. This may be overly negative, but in the end I do think there's better 2D Zelda (aLBW definitely being one of them).

I do think it does do things well though, some boss fights are still at least good, there's great use of having to hop between the two worlds (some of which are optional), it does make The Zelda Formula and the final fight, man they stick the landing. The Ganon fight is stellar and would have been a treat (if rough) playing it fully legit, I'll say that. Make that fucker for Smash Ninty, I dare you..

Though every person who died in the Dark World comes back, Damm, the Triforce OP

On the bold, I understand what you're saying. Although I might be more inclined to return to it than a 3D Zelda. It's monumental, since Adventure of Link bucked the formula that ALttP brought back from LoZ1 and made the soul of the franchise. Yet ALttP hasn't aged perfectly, if better than say the comparable contemporary of similar impact Mystery of the Emblem. 

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I feel like you could make a generic "write a persuasive 5 paragraph essay" prompt for high schoolers out of "Sonic was the best thing to ever happen to the hedgehog species, agree or disagree, supporting your argument with evidence".

Cute BTW, but I'm not hugging them.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe it's cause i haven't played a whole lot of Kirby games but i never felt this way.

The problem started for me with Planet Robobot, and then I outright skipped Star Allies. PR was released two years after Triple Deluxe, and while it was objectively better, I felt they had done one too many games, too soon. As uninspired as NSMB, but I felt they had burnt through the entirety nostalgia reserves and that if they tried tapping into it again, there would be no excitement from me. It was the fifth game in ten years -including the Super Star Ultra release- to use the KSS formula, going back to Squeak Squad. 

I don't mind more of the same, but more of the same too soon. Maybe it's a reasons why I still haven't gotten back to EO Nexus, between my beloved Etrian Odyssey V, my introduction with EOIV, EOU, EOU2, I got burnt out on the formula. Thats five entries in six years. It's kinda fortunate that Nintendo skipped a 3D collectathon Mario for the Wii U Bombed, made SMO more refreshing.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh God, it releases in two months. How time flies.

I might not get it right away, so while I understand the desire to post Best Girl and Out of Context images, please don't go overboard when the time comes.🙂

Tomorrow I go hiking again. I guess someone has to be the rearguard.

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Do you know what I'm on about? There was a bit listening to the song and I just heard an entire other song for a moment. Just, coincidence considering how some of those bosses could be.

Yeah, I found it on Youtube. I do see the similarities. Not exactly identical, but I can understand feeling some deja vu.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomorrow I go hiking again. I guess someone has to be the rearguard.

If the vanguard is so resolutely concentrated on marching forward, you could take advantage of this. As in- quietly sprint off to the Canaries and away from the hike while they aren't paying attention.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If the vanguard is so resolutely concentrated on marching forward, you could take advantage of this. As in- quietly sprint off to the Canaries and away from the hike while they aren't paying attention.

Oh no, they're not the competitive sort. They're a really pleasant and understanding bunch, in fact. They just also happen to all have experience hiking, and despite his age my dad is an absolute unit, so I find it difficult to keep up while dragging my aching nerd body up the hills.

Also, the Canaries are so far away that sprinting there would defeat the whole purpose of escaping the hike for comfort lol. Not to mention the whole ocean problem that would need to be addressed.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Liking David Cage games and disliking Spider-Verse?

Man Benice, and here I thought Ruben had the worst opinions.

I like Josette and Yakuza 0, it's been long-established that my taste is not good.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Benice.

What an exceedingly based take.

Excellent, I have an ally.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Half teehee probably wishes they were lying on the ground gotten their ass kicked by her, you pervs 😛 

How dare you, it's probably at least 2/3rds of us!

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Long hair >>>>>> short hair, every time.

I kinda prefer Sky Josette's design to CS's, but both are good.

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

Well, i know Armagon and me are not part of the 2/3, so may the rest raise their hands? 😛 

I raise my hand with pride!

PoV: you are a teenage girl hanging out with Joshua

cdDFQhN.jpg?1

I think SC has ten chapters including the prologue and final chapter, so Chapter 4 should be around the halfway point, right?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I might not get it right away, so while I understand the desire to post Best Girl and Out of Context images, please don't go overboard when the time comes.🙂

I thought you were talking about Kirby here and was confused, mainly because I was wondering about which Kirby characters could qualify as "best girl". I'm sure Kirby could inspire plenty of out of context images however.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

me at the scene i am reading right now

Dunno if because obvious or because scum like that exist irl and even went so far to become a leader of a big nation *sigh*

ya know, he does look a bit like Trump...

Edited by Shrimpresident

Ya know

It's kinda sad how a few years ago when i saw something super/cartoonishly evil/bad in fiction in a serious story, i was like ''blah, what shit writing, no way this happens irl/realistic/nobody can be that idiotic''

Nowdays i am more like ''didn't i read about this in the news last week?''

Truely, reality is stranger than fiction. I had so much more hope in the world lol

Edited by Shrimpresident

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Planet Robobot

As uninspired as NSMB

I gotta say, this has got to be like the harshest critique i've heard of the game. Setting aside that it's my favorite Kirby game, I think saying it's as uninspired as NSMB is a stretch. It does share the same visuals as Triple Deluxe and Return to Dream Land before it but it has enough of it's own identity, much like the two games that came before it.

Star Allies is the one i'd say uninspired because the only thing it really has going for it is co-op.....which Return to Dream Land did already.

👍

I'll just be posting some of the funnies but any like major character and plot (lol plot in RF) stuff will be off the table.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I like Josette and Yakuza 0, it's been long-established that my taste is not good.

Josette is good as a character.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Trump combined with typical jp weirdnes...how.....fun....

Reminds me of the time Donald Trump showed up in the Death Note sequel short story.

Yes for real.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I don't wanna even imagine the H-less patch

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

Eh? I thought she had no personality...

I mean i said she was good but like, there's nothing inherently bad about her character. But i wouldn't say she's boring either, she's got some fun banter.

8KFWz9i.png

should've cut em of, a girl, after what he almost did...

then again we still need information out of his ass

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminds me of the time Donald Trump showed up in the Death Note sequel short story.

yeah i remember this lol

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eh? I thought she had no personality...

the problem most people have with her is how shit her gameplay is xD

Even her speical ability is made to bench her lmao, as it gives unbenched people extra EXP and Sepith iirc

Imagine if in FE your team got Paragon by benching certain people