• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hm? No reason to leave I suppose.

Wait, some names in your username history look familiar...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I take it it refers to the Flan-kun in the list.

Anyway, welcome back, I suppose. Since your last posts were of two years ago. And if we ever frequented, then sorry if I don't remember you.

My dad lost his car keys. Turns out he somehow dropped them in the freezer lmaooooooooooo. I found it by complete accident when i went to put my water bottle in the freezer (i refuse to drink warm water unless there's no other option) to let it chill there for a few minutes and there it was. My dad's car keys.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Same. Cut all contacts, everything.

This is the one thing i kept from school. The friends that stuck with me all the way. I have very few irl friends (partially due to my social awkardness) but i know that all of them are genuine. 

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To move past retrospective self-criticism, if I won millions of 💵  from the lottery or something, I would definitely go back to college for the fun of it. I'd take a bunch of new degrees, a half-dozen or more Masters in History b/c I absolutely don't know everything I should in the field, and a few Bachelors in fields like Archaeology, Literature, Religion and Environmental Science. I'd take 'em in spite of having to write essays again, for those are a fun stress that is ultimately not worth stressing over in life. Rather essays than a real job.

I might do the same thing in this scenario. Financial reasons right now will keep me from pursing more than a bachelor's degree (and i'm considering just getting that at my community college because financial aid definitly won't cover everything at a university) but i would like to further my education in certain fields.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm rather intrigued by the theory that all of us are basically stardust, myself.
Perhaps that is the reason we look to the sky and dream of space travel: the atoms and molecules that comprise us "remember" their old home among the stars, so they give us the subconscious longing and drive to go back to where we came from.

You know, theory itself makes sense with the law of conversion of matter. Matter is neither created nor destroyed, there is a finite number of matter in the universe. 

The rest of course is philosophical and we won't really know until we anwser one of life's greatest mysteries: what is consciousness?

*Tries to get back into Final Fantasy XII*

*Heads to the dungeon I was supposed to*

*Can't survive the pack of 4-5 common knights thats the first thing to waltz my way*

The tears of frustration are pouring out again. Everyone calls this game easy, but I don't get it, playing blind, groups of generics butcher me. And the combat frustration only makes me want to unfairly shout juvenile insults at the rest of the game for every little flaw.

Maybe I should retire the idea of completing this, and save myself the unfortunate bitterness.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Tries to get back into Final Fantasy XII*

*Heads to the dungeon I was supposed to*

*Can't survive the pack of 4-5 common knights thats the first thing to waltz my way*

The tears of frustration are pouring out again. Everyone calls this game easy, but I don't get it, playing blind, groups of generics butcher me. And the combat frustration only makes me want to unfairly shout juvenile insults at the rest of the game for every little flaw.

Maybe I should retire the idea of completing this, and save myself the unfortunate bitterness.

What are you struggling to understand, exactly?

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What are you struggling to understand, exactly?

I'm not sure, I mean I've made it to Draklor Laboratory, which is late as I understand it. But when I'm against more than 1 or 2 enemies, if don't kill them quick enough, the damage racks up real fast and outpaces my ability to heal. I've gotten most of the HP Lores available, and yet nobody has more than ~3500 HP, and Ashe doesn't have as much as 600.

Vaan, Balthier and Fran are in their early 40s levelwise, but the other three are 19/early 20s, so they're worthless. Basic, functional in all situations Gambits have been assigned to all. I didn't buy the latest gear in town, it's maybe 10 points stronger than what I'm currently using, but my cash on hand is very low- 5k, if backed by maybe ~200k in unsold Loot. Despite being able to reset my License Boards if I wanted to, everyone has over 2000 LP unspent, partly because I'm not sure what to spend it on, and partly because a lot of licenses are worthless if I don't own the stuff it'd let me use. I haven't given anyone Espers except maybe one, and only two characters have any Quickenings, because I do haven't planned out whats the best picks for everyone.

I've completed possibly 2 or 3 Bounties, but optional bosses and stuff are otherwise a big no, because they're too hard. I tried the dinosaur twice, but when it got low on HP, it suddenly mauled everyone. And I don't want to do optional stuff anyhow, because Teleport Crystals are finite and backtracking without them would be very slow. This game has disappointed and frustrated enough that I want it done, none of it is fun.😭

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure, I mean I've made it to Draklor Laboratory, which is late as I understand it. But when I'm against more than 1 or 2 enemies, if don't kill them quick enough, the damage racks up real fast and outpaces my ability to heal. I've gotten most of the HP Lores available, and yet nobody has more than ~3500 HP, and Ashe doesn't have as much as 600.

Vaan, Balthier and Fran are in their early 40s levelwise, but the other three are 19/early 20s, so they're worthless. Basic, functional in all situations Gambits have been assigned to all. I didn't buy the latest gear in town, it's maybe 10 points stronger than what I'm currently using, but my cash on hand is very low- 5k, if backed by maybe ~200k in unsold Loot. Despite being able to reset my License Boards if I wanted to, everyone has over 2000 LP unspent, partly because I'm not sure what to spend it on, and partly because a lot of licenses are worthless if I don't own the stuff it'd let me use. I haven't given anyone Espers except maybe one, and only two characters have any Quickenings, because I do haven't planned out whats the best picks for everyone.

I've completed possibly 2 or 3 Bounties, but optional bosses and stuff are otherwise a big no, because they're too hard. I tried the dinosaur twice, but when it got low on HP, it suddenly mauled everyone. And I don't want to do optional stuff anyhow, because Teleport Crystals are finite and backtracking without them would be very slow. This game has disappointed and frustrated enough that I want it done, none of it is fun.😭

Well, what are your current roles? You should have a decent mix of different roles, I hope? I cant say, since I dont know what current equipment/spells you have, but do you have the decoy spell by chance?

Edit: you can buy teleport crystals, by the way.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Oof, 15% completion rate yet?

I only actually started Colony 6 just now. Before i just got everything to Lv.1 so i can do Gem Crafting whenever.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I only actually started Colony 6 just now. Before i just got everything to Lv.1 so i can do Gem Crafting whenever.

Essentially, you put it off about as much as I did! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but still not that fun.

Ok so @Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo i came up with a crackpot Xenoblade theory cause i was bored. SERIES SPOILERS

Spoiler

XB10th_750_1334_1.jpg?width=507&height=4

Alright so i noticed that there's a lot of red here. Shulk and Elma are wearing red, the Aegis Sword is red. It probably means nothing but i thought i decided to think deeper. Why is red so prominent here? And then it hit me: red hides the truth.

• For Shulk, it's a double-whammy. As it turns out, Shulk was being inhabitied by Zanza's true form. He wasn't hiding the truth intentionally but he was hiding a truth. The Monado is red but that Monado is not the True Monado.
  • Elma is simple really. In her human form, she wears a lot of red. But the red is gone in her true form.
  • Rex himself hides nothing, that's why he doesn't wear red. But Pyra does. You can argue that Pyra is hiding the "truth" that is Mythra. And then later, by extension, the truth that is Pneuma.

And while he's not here, let's take a look at Alvis, who's design was retconned into having a Zohar-shaped Core Crystal. And what color is that Core Crystal? Red. And what is Alvis' real name? Ontos. And what does Ontos mean in Greek? Truth. Also, Alvis hid the truth about Xenoblade 1's world from basically everyone until the very end.

• Turns out Ontos' Japanese name is "Ousia" which comes from the Greek word "οὐσία" which means "essence" and that in turn can also be interpreted as "truth".

Red hides the truth.

Ok most likely it could just be that red is a cool color and it doesn't actually mean anything but hey man, i might be on to something here.

Well, just another short session of DQV tonight. Went to Stockenbarrel to fight one of those Merry Men that guard chests that now show up during Act III. Also visit the Whitakers again. Years of false rumors, Whitey looks totally fine now! Also Bianca couldn't help but mention the Uptaten Towers adventure... again. Pft, hahaha. Look, kids, in another timeline she could've been your mother!

Just for random tidbit, apparently the kids and Sancho never went this part of the world in their travels. This includes Mostroferrato, which for the moment I am not revisiting yet. Since I feel for plot cohesion it's best to do everything there much later. Curious how it can be triggered as soon Act III begins, considering things.

Well, will continue next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Finished Dragon Quest IV today. Had a lot of fun. Being able to actually see party chat helped. Really like this cast and how ambitious this game is, especially the OG version, even if I didn't play that version.

doin a solo octopath run, and RNG decided to give me alfyn. he's doing pretty good do far, just wrecked the chapter 2 boss

edit: his current stats

20200619_025636.jpg

Edited by XavierStronome

Good morning, friends!

I played some more CyberNep yesterday, defeated Cheetah again, and suddenly, the credits rolled (great ED by the way).
I was like "That has to be a troll, right?" And sure enough: right after the credits end, Neptune suddenly pops up on screen and says this:
638Fcrq.jpg

lol

Aside from that, I got to a pretty awesome-looking new area:
40VUGJo.jpg
It's a desert. IN SPACE! I think...
Which brings me to the fact that no dungeon has repeated itself throughout the entire game. Sure, I had to visit some dungeons multiple times for quests and such, but even when the aesthetic was similar (forest, volvano, cave in particular pop up at least twice), the dungeons themselves were all unique.
Also, Nep squad. And yes, it still feels weird to see Neptune and Purple Heart side by side.
Also also, I'm just now noticing that Purple Heart and Black Heart are Level 69. Nice.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know, theory itself makes sense with the law of conversion of matter. Matter is neither created nor destroyed, there is a finite number of matter in the universe. 

The rest of course is philosophical and we won't really know until we anwser one of life's greatest mysteries: what is consciousness?

I think we'll never know the answer to that question. And to be completely honest, I'm fine with not knowing that.

That description makes me think of the Nile delta. Though not sure if it's the same kind of thing.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Didn't Silessia border on the Yied desert in Judgral?

Not quite. A narrow-ish gulf separates the kingdom with the desert. Then what little land border there is, there's a cliff wall, with the desert outskirts in the lower elevation.

So not quite bordering.