Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Savescum to see all endings, then go with the one you like the most

Of course, of course.

Well, depending on how long this boss battle at the end is. I genuinely thought I fought the final boss, silly me.

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Crow's final bonding will referenced in CS2 anyway

As in, whether or not I got it? Please tell me that happens regardless. It’s not really the endings I care about, it’s more so what’s referenced in the next game. I spent half of Azure cringing every time they brought up my event from Zero because I picked the worst one, so I really want to pick the best one here, but they’re both relationships I’m invested in. And are important to the plot, it looks like.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well i am playing Endless Frontier Exceed haha.

....Although i do wonder, i'm guessing the EF duology is an exception and not the rule. As in, SRW isn't usually that horny.

Definitely not to that extent, that's for sure.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My guess is because the fundamentals of rougelikes is directly tied to the game's story and themes.

I suppose so.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Especially cause i burned out

Feels bad.

It did get a little tedious for the clears following the first, but once I learned how to be good, it was a lot more fun. Perhaps it's a little redundant to say this, but I found that it's incredibly fun when you're winning, and horrible when you're losing. I found that I had the most fun when I was playing under the really tight time limits, 'specially if I got the dash-triple attack thing the spear can get.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

But you need to fight enemies for EXP.

Its a CS game,  you really don't. 

Speaking of- I figured out how to edit brave orders and master quartz. So if anyone wants to actually play the game, let me know.

Probably the best in the trilogy

IGhPnlv.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

As in, whether or not I got it? Please tell me that happens regardless.

Happens regardless, that's why I said that Crow's final event was the canon one.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Ftfy*

IMG_20200201_184633_1.jpg?width=464&heig

8 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Ftfy 😛

I mean.....what i said wasn't wrong now was it?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

it's incredibly fun when you're winning, and horrible when you're losing.

It's horrible when you lose because roguelikes eternally exist in the 80s where if you game over, it's back to the very beginning for you.

I actually just turned on God Mode and killed myself a bunch to power up, because i was sick and tired of getting to the final boss just to bite the dust and have to play the whole game all over again. 

Roguelikes are not for me.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Nothing matters after CS2 anyway. Everything deleted

"Hey Kondo, the CS3 script contains no referance to Rean's romantic night at the climax of CS2. What happened to that?"

Kondo: 

aa6.png

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually just turned on God Mode and killed myself a bunch to power up, because i was sick and tired of getting to the final boss just to bite the dust and have to play the whole game all over again. 

Virgin Benice: Lose once then forget the game exists for three and a half months, then watch a speedrun of the game on AGDQ and use the cheesiest spear setup to melt through the game six times in one night

Chad Armagon: Actually uses the game mechanics to progress

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Roguelikes are not for me.

I humbly request for your own sake that you do not play Dark Souls.

You might like Bloodborne or Elden Ring since they're apparently both kino, but...

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I spent half of Azure cringing every time they brought up my event from Zero because I picked the worst one,

So Elie's event is bad, then? I thought you liked it...

Edited by Benice

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Hey Kondo, the CS3 script contains no referance to Rean's romantic night at the climax of CS2. What happened to that?"

Doesn't have to be romantic, even non-romantic ones if you chose one of the boys lol

CS3 ignores everything you did, and even shits on one of the good things of CS2

CS3 spoilers

Spoiler

Crow should've fucking stayed dead

I don't care about lore or whatever, you don't just undo 2 games' climax like that

Falcom are cowards

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I humbly request for your own sake that you do not play Dark Souls.

So between this and Dark Souls being a Metroidvania where you can't see the map.......

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

You might like Bloodborne or Elden Ring since they're apparently both kino, but...

I mean, i am enjoying Fallen Order, which in that general style of gameplay.

Although i keep trying to play it like it's Insomniac Spider-Man or Gravity Rush and that.....doesn't work sometimes lmao.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

And...(CS3 spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Crow should've fucking stayed dead

I don't care about lore or whatever, you don't just undo 2 games of climax like that

Spoiler

Cold Steel showed me that Falcom is too scared to kill off characters.

Like Olivier trolling everyone by surviving was pretty good, i liked that scene, but i imagine a timeline where Falcom had the balls to kill him off for real.

Anyways i do not trust Falcom to kill off a character. If a character dies, i better see their soul rise up to heaven with my own eyes, otherwise it'll just be an unconfirmed death.

Wait…

Spoiler

Osborne got shot in Heimdallr as a result of the civil war stuff. That was mentioned in Azure a couple times.

Crow, the gun wielding anti-Osborne terrorist is heading to Heimdallr to see Osborne’s speech in person.

Hmm…

If this is going where I think it’s going, this is honestly genius. Really well done guys, I did not connect the dots until it was practically spelled out for me, but that was very well set up.

Assuming I’m right about the timing of this, I don’t know when exactly this is in relation to the events of Azure.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

So Elie's event is bad, then? I thought you liked it...

No no, Elie’s event is the event I picked in Azure (and also the best one in the game). The event that’s referenced in Azure is your choice in Zero, if you carried over your save file, since Azure is the sequel to Zero. And in Zero I accidentally ended up with Tio’s zzz event…

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, i am enjoying Fallen Order, which in that general style of gameplay.

Fallen Order is a bit more like Sekiro which... Actually, you might really like. Level traversal is very easy and unlike Dark Souls, there aren't really any long runs back to bosses. The movement feels really good, the combat is incredible, the bosses are, with the exception of Headless and Shichimen Warrior, all absolutely fantastic, the game is bloody gorgeous...

It's not flawless, as the more open level design causes some... Issues in terms of progression on occasion, (I did actually have to use a guide at one point because I thought I'd softlocked the game) but it is one I could actually recommend to you without thinking that you'd hate it.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So between this and Dark Souls being a Metroidvania where you can't see the map.......

Yeah, I don't think that sort of thing is for you, since a core part of the experience is, to an extent, the fact that it isn't always "fun" to play through. Perhaps it is the sort of thing you'd like, and if you get a PS5, Demon's Souls is pretty cool and, if nothing else, is extremely pretty and sounds incredible. And Bloodborne is apparently one of the best games ever made, so neither would be a bad spot to take a gander into more classic Souls combat. (Fallen Order is more position and deflection-based, while Souls is rolling.)

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No no, Elie’s event is the event I picked in Azure (and also the best one in the game). The event that’s referenced in Azure is your choice in Zero, if you carried over your save file, since Azure is the sequel to Zero. And in Zero I accidentally ended up with Tio’s zzz event…

I always get confused when people mention Tio because I've got an uncle named Tio.

He's not an anime catgirl, though.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I always get confused when people mention Tio because I've got an uncle named Tio.

He's not an anime catgirl, though.

Your uncle is named Uncle?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Spoiler

Cold Steel showed me that Falcom is too scared to kill off characters.

Like Olivier trolling everyone by surviving was pretty good, i liked that scene, but i imagine a timeline where Falcom had the balls to kill him off for real.

Anyways i do not trust Falcom to kill off a character. If a character dies, i better see their soul rise up to heaven with my own eyes, otherwise it'll just be an unconfirmed death.

Spoiler

Yeah it sucks and honestly brings the whole series down

They create such a big living world, then make it one without consequences, making it all useless

Imagine if at end of Act 1 of CS2, Rean's father got killed by the mercs. Rean snaps and in berserker state kills some of the Jägers, with Elise bringing him back to his senses (or player bonding choice, or Emma magic'fying him back). In the civil war both sides commit heinous acts and our party in the middle of it. Not just an overglorifief school trip

In Crossbell Rean curting down tanks and aircrafts doesn't end with Corrin style non-lethal execution where the world bends over just to make him do no wrong.

That alone turns CS2 to me from absolute shit to something good. Party feels loss and have a stake in the war. Rean now is broken for real.

Crow & Millium stay dead. Olivier dunno, maybe, but his promise has to be fulfilled.

Remove curse bullshit and replace it with something not plot destroying.

Just these changes are enough to make me not hate the Saga. I will tolerate the harem shit like i did in Crossbell, then, even.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

this, I don’t know when exactly this is in relation to the events of Azure

Start of Ao epilogue

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Your uncle is named Uncle?

Hey, that's what everyone in my family calls him. Even though I've got, like, 11 uncles.

Perhaps he's an assassin and just uses it as a cover name

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Who was the one still in Ch1 of FC again...?

The one who thought his uncle was named Uncle...