• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I do agree that he's underrated, as both he and Lot are actually quite okay in their join chapter and the one after that-it's in chapter 4 where Wade really struggles, though, and chapters 5 and 6 are fairly tough. However, I will say that having a killer axe user is one of the better ways to deal with the Wyverns. Personally, I prefer it in the hands of Lot, as he's more accurate and can probably OHKO with a crit anyways.

Lot's also a little tankier.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Lot's also a little tankier.

Lot's my second or third favorite unit in FE, actually. I love his high defense growth. Even though his def base sucks, it's really fun to see him kick butt even though people say he sucks.

Just now, Benice said:

Lot's my second or third favorite unit in FE, actually. I love his high defense growth. Even though his def base sucks, it's really fun to see him kick butt even though people say he sucks.

Yeah, he's got a really interest stat layout, it's just a shame it has a mediocre magnitude.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, I'm on that chapter now, but I'm not sure I'll use him. Mia's waaaayyy worse. In RD, I personally favor Zihark because he's quite bad. That said, I might use all three Myrmimasters. As a bonus, Astra is truly awful in PoR, right? Pretty sure it's 5 attacks at half damage, which wastes good weapons a lot.

What?

Zihark helps carrying through the Dawn Brigade in part 1. In part 3 he suffers simply because the enemies are extremely powerful, but he's nowhere bad. He has free adept and the best affinity in the entire game. Pair him up with Nolan or Volug to have excellent evasion in lategame. 

In general (almost) all mastery skills in FE10 are improved, so that's why Astra doesn't look as good in FE9 as it could.

1 hour ago, Julian Teehee said:

Zihark helps carrying through the Dawn Brigade in part 1. In part 3 he suffers simply because the enemies are extremely powerful

Ah, I should have mentioned part 3 Zihark. I didn't use him in part 1. Still, I stand corrected.

Anyone: uses an attack skill

Piana: it's free real estate

And finally i can defeat the damn bears yay! Spent a few hours upgrading the whole Party with high level high quality gear 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Umm, Atelier experts, i need your Alchemy knowledge

I am about to fill my Inventory, 4600/5000 atm

What can i do lol

Is there a way to increase inventory size, or do i need to start selling stuff...

Interesting. I had the exact same problem.
I just mass-crafted a whole bunch of stuff, if I remember correctly, and I also sold materials I knew I didn't need anymore, but I did run into this problem repeatedly towards the end, because this game showers you with materials.
My alchemy level said thanks. XD

Also, I don't know if you unlocked it yet, so I'll put it in spoilers just in case (no story spoilers, just a game mechanic), but

Spoiler

there is a feature where your usable items will get restored for a small fee every time you go back home, so you're not forced to synthesize them over and over again. You just have to make sure they have at least one use left. This of course also saves materials, but... you know where that leads. XD

And as far as I know, there is no way to increase inventory size. You can, however, get a bigger basket that allows you to carry around more.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyone: uses an attack skill

Piana: it's free real estate

Yep, that's Piana for you!
It's partly why she's one of my favorites in the playable cast.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

And finally i can defeat the damn bears yay! Spent a few hours upgrading the whole Party with high level high quality gear 😄

Ayy, congrats!
Having good equipment counts for a lot in Atelier.

Tales of Xillia update! I just got to chapter 3, I think it is? And am almost level 50 so far.

One thing I can say, the ability to get such amazing equipment so easily is funny.

Milla is still top out of everyone here, but I like everyone.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I don't know if you unlocked it yet, so I'll put it in spoilers just in case (no story spoilers, just a game mechanic)

I unlocked them looooooong ago xD

Like, before i put the game on hold for the crossbell games

Having good equipment counts for a lot in Atelier.

Umu. Even then bears aren't a cake walk.

Yep, that's Piana for you!
It's partly why she's one of my favorites in the playable cast.

Currently she has highest attack on the team (~215) and friendship locket with 30% extra assist damage

She can combo like 1.5k damage or something lol.

Party is currently lvl65-70 (Hard mode), Alchemy lvl36, end of chapter 8. Doing Alchemyriddle stuff. Like the 15 times use heal bell stuff....

Btw, when does the 'normal' Boss theme play? It never plays, i noticed

Edited by Shrimperor

29 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Xillia update! I just got to chapter 3, I think it is? And am almost level 50 so far.

One thing I can say, the ability to get such amazing equipment so easily is funny.

Milla is still top out of everyone here, but I like everyone.

Glad you seem to be enjoying it! ^^

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I unlocked them looooooong ago xD

Like, before i put the game on hold for the crossbell games

Ah, I see! Alright then.
I didn't remember when that unlocks, so I put it in spoilers for safety.

Umu. Even then bears aren't a cake walk.

This is very true.

Currently she has highest attack on the team (~215) and friendship locken with 30% extra damage

She can combo like 1.5k damage or something lol.

Green-haired teacher OP XD

Party is currently lvl65-70 (Hard mode), Alchemy lvl36, end of chapter 8. Doing Alchemyriddle stuff. Like the 15 times use heall bell stuff....

Looks like it's going well so far!
The Alchemyriddle stuff might seem tedious at times, but the rewards are well worth the effort, I think. Especially some of the non-mandatory stuff you unlock is really, really good.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't remember when that unlocks, so I put it in spoilers for safety.

Pretty early xD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The Alchemyriddle stuff might seem tedious at times, but the rewards are well worth the effort, I think

Honestly, one of my main complaints of the game. Especially when it's extra cryptic sometimes, which just leads me to using google.

>Use that healing item i never used before many times (because i have better ones, and how much is many anyway)

>plant near Water (Should i go across the 3 regions to search for something?)

>find a good uni (Sometimes good means quality 50, sometimes 100. Ok game)

>fight/craft more (How much?)

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, one of my main complaints of the game. Especially when it's extra cryptic sometimes, which just leads me to using google.

>Use that healing item i never used before many times (because i have better ones, and how much is many anyway)

I see, I see.
Fair points, I'd say, since I've also been stumped as to how to unlock certain things at times.

For the "[Material] near [location]" stuff, you can look at the names and descriptions of the different areas to narrow it down by a lot.
The fight/craft more never really goes beyond 10 times, 15 at max, if I recall correctly.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It also tells me to find good Uni, but not best Uni

image?w=240&h=240&bg_color=000000&opacit

I love that joke. XD
Although from a pure design perspective, I prefer human Uni over HDD Uni.

ZbcYmxf.png

Next Form Uni is the best, though. XD

Also, a Nep x Atelier crossover would be the stuff of my dreams, ngl.

7th-Dragon-2020-08-31-22-58-31.png

:^_^:

The first game invented these too. Although encountering them is different. Normally when you step on Dragonsbane, it vanishes right after, if the Bloom survives, keep walking over it. If the flowers don't disappear after many times (like 10) of being stepped on, you'll fight a Bloom Seed.

They don't give money, like EO most of that comes from selling enemy drops, I'm not sure I've ever gotten money after a fight despite a spot on the victory screen for it. Nor do they give SP due to the difference in how it's obtained. Instead, the Seeds, I assume there is only one kind, grant 50% of the base amount of EXP needed to get to the next level (not factoring in how much you've gained already, if it takes 1000 EXP to get to 21 and you're at 999, you'll still get 500 EXP). That sounds great for endgame grinding, if not as good in the shorter terms.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

It doesn't help that some of it is out of order. Some pages will ask you to do something that doesn't unlock until a later page. 

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

also Steins;Gate singer

Nice!
I like that song, too!

... Didn't she also sing the awesome ED for Heaven's Feel 2?

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It doesn't help that some of it is out of order. Some pages will ask you to do something that doesn't unlock until a later page. 

True, true.

But on the other hand, while I do agree that it is sometimes a little too cryptic, the thing is kinda called AlchemyRIDDLE for a reason. XD
Wouldn't be much of a "riddle" if it spells everything out for you.

Edited by DragonFlames