Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, back to Best Fire Emblem according to the entire FE fanbase for a ton of years before a Youtuber made a video trashing it and everyone collectively decided they now hated it.

Huh. I never knew this was started by a youtube video. I honestly don't even know what video you're talking about. I did find a video from someone praising it as the best FE from 3 years ago, and his argumentative wasn't the best (I mean, saying the support conversations taking place in the middle of battles adds realism ain't really helping your case. The rest was mostly just "It's Fire Emblem" or "FE6 too many characters, FE8 too easy, GBA best" though he did argue the gameplay and story were well woven together and it was a game with a lot of tactical planning due to the lack of shops, also one with a great narrative and characters. I'm not very good with tactics so I don't have much of an opinion on the first of those two, and the latter, I can understand where he's coming from, even if taking it in its entirety, I can't wholeheartedly agree despite liking the game.

It didn't really do anything to my opinion in the end. I still hate the Merlinus unit for everything he stands for, even if I think the idea is more logical than other iterations, I still like a lot of the characters while some are very lackluster, I still think the story has some very strong moments and some uninteresting to random stuff, though generally okay and I still generally like the game. I've never been too concerned over balance either as I'm mostly playing for story or characters so I don't have much of an opinion on difficulty.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not defending it but as we all know, this is very common

Yeah it's common, but that's the state of the fanbase.

Anyone who said even slightest word against CS got stamped as haters. People who litereally played Falcom before anyone else in the west even heard of them were driven out of the fanbase because they weren't happy with CS. Any complaint got marked as toxicity.

Even the ost situation turned into a full blown war, and people had documents & evidence here to try and explain everything, they still got hated on anyway.

Naturally the oldies also got sick of it and just striked back and the toxicity just increased. I am guilty of that as well myself.

But when you have a normal discussion (and not the charged ones like here) explaining in a review/thought  why you don't like a game and all you got is ''Gtfo Falcom hater'' it just gets annoying.  Before the memes and the wars i also used to talk normally about CS.

It's why, despite disagreeing with them majorily, i can symphatize with those who dislike modern FE. I don't go ''Haha reviews and numbers sold brr'' on them. Although FE16 mostly calmed them down, Trails has no such thing to us oldies, and us Falcom oldies who still stuck with Ys are also very worried after Ys 9, as it was a major Trailsfication step.

Positivity can be just as toxic as negativity, if not even more so, especially when you try to force positivity and go ''no negative opinions allowed''

Edited by Shrimpresident

37 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

With some of the argument's i've seen, sometimes that's difficult to believe.

I mean, there's some truth to it, of course, but I'm not so fanatically against anime lol. I don't lose sleep over it or spend my entire days thinking about how much I hate anime. It's just a thing I don't really like, sometimes I do criticize it, but I don't think it deserves to be nuked out of existence or anything like that. I apologize if it came across as more than that.

19 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Dude, this one was a wild ride.

Ayyy, Ludin pfp! You love to see it.

I can understand what Sooks said with "they made dumb decisions for the sake of choice", but luckily I managed to make at least three trips back to Arberrang.

Yeeaah I won't lie, the final stretch is mechanically cool, but the returns are so awesome that I wish they'd made them mandatory. In the second run I did all five returns and the fifth was so climatic, such a shame it's actually kinda difficult to see it.

The lore was interesting and I was surprised to find that the two menders weren't evil. I loved the moment when Ubin showed up to fight alongside us, and I thought the baby dredge plot point was interesting. I hope my man Rook can now rebuild his life in peace. My only criticism is that the ending was too abrupt.

I agree with all of this. I personally enjoyed the ending, even if it was rather minimalistic, but I see where you're coming from.

Juno didn't deserve it.

Spoiler

Neither did Eyvind. His one crime was having poor mental health. He needed help, not... whatever the fuck it was that the mender council was hoping to accomplish by murdering the one person working to treat his afflictions and shoving him in a cell.

Really, the main villain of Banner Saga is not Juno, not Eyvind, not even the serpent. No, the real villain is the mender council. "Oh what's that? You're trying to help our leader with his mental problems? TO HELL WITH YOU HERETIC, BURN AT THE STAKE!" When you know the whole truth, watching the one old guy get fried by Eyvind becomes surprisingly cathartic.

Probably the best game, although I have a soft spot for the first one.

Oh ho! So we agree! Now that's awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/b7KKHks.jpg

Not bad. That's more characters than I had standing there lol. I wish there was a similar visual for Iver's team, though.

Also, @Saint Rubenio I found your post

lolololol

I've seen it before. But it's not my post, I have several problems. For one, it's painfully outdated - I mean, it doesn't take into account Ludin's character development. Speaking of, how come your pfp isn't Peak Ludin?

You are right. Even when you're playing Awakening, Bow never had kneejerk reaction and felt the need to trash-talk about the game every 5 seconds. This is also reflected in other games. He doesn't like Portrait of Ruin and yet he was cordial when I talked a little about the game.

Well. Shots fired.

My regrets grow greater and greater. I should never have said the words that sparked this whole thing.

In the end, it has to be this way.

I'VE CARVED MY OWN PATH, YOU FOLLOWED YOUR WRATH--

Daily reminder

pOjjRDa.jpg

Oh God, now that is shots fired.

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Speaking of Awakening

a classic

Awakening did have pretty good music.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She isn't though. Azura was just slipped another alt, but Cammy has gone a conspicuously long time without one, not even one of the "Resplendid" redesigns you need a paid subscription to acquire.

FEH isn't incapable of understanding criticism. And since it's continually being updated, if IS wants to, they can respond to backlash. And at some point, it seems they realized Fates was getting heavily rebuked for being too present.

Ah, I see. Good on Heroes. That's one point for it, leaving it with a total of many negative points.

Though the Three Houses hurricandoquakenami shows no signs of stopping. -But hey, they got Wolf into the game later last year, so they aren't focusing only on the massively popular games and characters anymore.

The Wolfguard was surprising, certainly.

No. And here is the list with its commentary I've dredged up.:

1. Tricks Ninian and Nils to crossing over the Dragon's Gate. Doesn't summon more dragons. Why? Maybe not enough quintessence to control them, which would be reasonable if he was just testing out the Gate when Ninian and Nils came over. If he couldn't lure anyone through the Gate, he couldn't open it and collecting quintessence for the task would be meaningless. -But this is a pure assumption on my part with no evidence to back it.
  2. An undefined period of time when Nergal had Elbert and N&N, yet he didn't open the Gate then. This opportunity was lost when N&N tried to escape Dread Isle. And despite having Elbert, Nergal still tried to start a war in Lycia, which provided the trail of connections which led LEH to Dread Isle. So, had Nergal abandoned his Lycia plans and just offered up Elbert, who had enough Quintessence it would later turn out to open the Gate, all would have gone over well for him.
  3. Hector C21- Nergal tries using Ninian to open the Dragon's Gate. Despite not having started the war he was planning to get a massive amount of quintessence from, Nergal is able to get the necessary amount just from killing Elbert. Tries to kill LEH via the Fire Dragon summoned, but Nils interrupts the summoning and the Fire Dragon dies caught between dimensions. Before Nergal can kill LEH and recapture N&N, the dying Elbert stabs Nergal with what must be a random small knife badly enough that Nergal must flee and heal his wounds to the point he can control dragons again by gathering fresh quintessence, this is until Hector C29.
  4. Nergal, who must have been keeping an eye on LEH the whole time, comes to take N&N after C29, and despite having the power to take both siblings and LEH, he agrees to Ninian's begging and takes only her. Leaving a "parting gift" of a magical blast that could have killed everyone, but didn't because Athos was there. Athos for some reason doesn't attack Nergal, which could have kept him from dragon summoning. With Ninian in tow and himself in good health, Nergal could have summoned dragons, but he doesn't. Nergal shifts Ninian and lets her run off to Eliwood.
  5. This brings up the Hector C30 opportunity, where Nergal shows up after Ninian is killed. Why? Probably to collect the quintessence of her mentioned before, though he does say he's there for Nils too, since Ninian refused to obey him. Needing Ninian's obedience is odd since Nergal didn't need it back in HC21 when he brainwashed her, and the Fire Dragons he planned to summon certainly wouldn't obey him of their own accord. However, in showing up to mock Eliwood in his misery and get Ninian's essence and Nils, Nergal, just as he is about to kill LEH, is attacked by Athos for 5 displayed damage, in response to which he say: Nergal:
    • “The purest fire… Flame breath [mistranslation of "Forblaze"]. Very impressive, Archsage Athos. However… However, fire is no longer my foe! Look! Not even a legendary blade can cause me harm! At long last, I am impervious! Ha ha…ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!”
  6. After this laugh, Nergal teleports away. And then tells Limstella the injury leaves him incapable of controlling dragons now, since he already went through the Black Fang's quintessence reserves. While it seems that Limstella's power augmentations were done shortly before LEH showed up for the final battle, I think this implies the Black Fang Super Replicas made with the BF essences of the originals were done earlier than that, unless they're cheap to make (then why didn't he make more?). Nergal fails to kill the heroes in the final battle, thus losing his final chance to control dragons and the world. 

Plot twist: Nergal is just lazy. He could go and nuke Eliwood and company, but... man, teleporting is such a hassle. He could blast Athos to hell after taking a papercut, but... that's such a convenient excuse to go and lie down without Limmy giving him the judgmental stare. He could open the Dragon's Gate and win, but... wow, it's so far away, it would take at least a minute of walking to get there. He's the most relatable character in the game.

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Huh. I never knew this was started by a youtube video. I honestly don't even know what video you're talking about.

Videos, actually. Youtuber Mekkah made a series of videos crapping all over the story of FE7 with an insufferable voice changer. That's where I really noticed the shift in the fandom's general opinion.

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

It didn't really do anything to my opinion in the end. I still hate the Merlinus unit for everything he stands for

Hahaha... Well, to be honest, I like Merlinus, conceptually. Having the convoy be a unit to protect is an idea that could be nice. Although both 7 and 6 were heavily flawed in their approaches. Merlinus in FE6 is not worth deploying, and in FE7 he can't move at first and often gets bombarded with reinforcements, which makes him more annoying than he should be.

Sword of Heaven and Earth, in keeping with its tradition of being the best GBAFE, does it best, I think. Arel works like FE7 Merlinus, except he can move from the start, but he can't level up for a long time. He's also not the worst character in the game, so I don't feel tempted to sacrifice him over and over.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Congrats on finishing the game!

Thank you!

Are you planning to go straight into CSII?

Nooope. I think this thread could use a nice, long break from Cold Steel.

4 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Zero had the cult plot and finished it and had the conclusion to a very important plot point introduced in Sky....

The problem with the cult plot is that it doesn’t get started until like 60 hours in. You could cut out chapters 1 and 2 and all of 3 but the ending and the overall plot would barely be affected.

Now the point of Fate arrives.

Will you join me and Cosmo, or will you become a Rean apologist? Or will you wait until CS3/4? We shall see:p

Well you know me, always taking a month long break between Trails games.

I mean, I practically went right into Cold Steel from Azure because loved Azure, but I didn’t enjoy Cold Steel nearly as much. I would suffer massive burnout from another hundred ours of its gameplay.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, back to Best Fire Emblem according to the entire FE fanbase for a ton of years before a Youtuber made a video trashing it and everyone collectively decided they now hated it.

Huh, I’m not familiar with this piece of history. What’s this all about?

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm preeeetty sure i mentioned this somewhere...

You and Shrimps were telling me this would be the case all game long, yes. You just didn’t mention the part where it takes the game a second to give you all the OP stuff.

2 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sooks atm

yV6rDLw.jpg

Probably not Berwick but absolutely, play anything else.

Alternatively, he can play Vandal Hearts 2 and get a bad ending so I can laugh at him again.

Do I need to bring out the Nid quote again?

Also I love how the entire thread has shifted from everyone jumping in to tell me what to play to everyone stopping to tell me what to play when I just finish what I was currently playing. Thanks guys, you’re the best. I have so much to play in 5 years.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Play a game with actually good mecha battles

Okay but why did whoever titled the song have a seizure on their keyboard and call it a day?

From what i've seen of Kuro, Falcom actually learned not to do this. Like it was the first game since Zero to have like, an actual ending and not a cliffhanger. Only took Falcom 11 years to do that again.

Oh, so there’s more of this?

I’d be much more motivated to hop into CS2 if they just toned down the sheer amount of set up in the ending a bit, but literally every plot point popped up out of nowhere with zero explanation, very obviously to be explained in the next game. Especially Emma’s dialogue, every time she opened her mouth it was “The ancient spell of the twelve holy magicks, here to enact the sacred ritual on the illuminated planes!” If the ending focused a bit more on the stuff I actually cared about, like the civil war or the obvious twist villain, it would have been better. That and if it had actually reached some sort of conclusion instead of a fade to black on the most random line.

Tbf FC had its twist villain do something similar to Emma at the end, but none of that was directly relevant to its plot or necessary to understand, it was there distinctly as stuff for SC. That and my favorite scene in anything ever happens right after.

....yeah Sooks, if you want a game with good mecha, play 13 Sentinels. You don't have a Wii U.

I don’t get the joke here. Is this what one of the Xenoblades is on?

Teehee free Cross Crusade go brrrr.

I’m more of a dark matter man, but yes.

Edited by Sooks

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shots fired

Meh, if i wanted to go to war here i would copy the jp CS reviews, they do more than enough talking about the situation.

I had to search for 5 pages of reviews before i found a positive one.

Maybe they became positive or something since i last checked them, but the old ones, oh boy.

I could also post modern positive FE reviews everytime brightbow comes here to go ''GOTTEM'' like a certain someone that acts with the moral high ground after his speech, but obvious bait is obvious

Edited by Shrimpresident

1 hour ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Dude, this one was a wild ride. I can understand what Sooks said with "they made dumb decisions for the sake of choice", but luckily I managed to make at least three trips back to Arberrang.

Congrats! The whole Arberrang timer thing and being able to miss the scenes is another big part of their dumb decisions, yeah.

The lore was interesting and I was surprised to find that the two menders weren't evil. I loved the moment when Ubin showed up to fight alongside us, and I thought the baby dredge plot point was interesting. I hope my man Rook can now rebuild his life in peace. My only criticism is that the ending was too abrupt.

Juno didn't deserve it.

Probably the best game, although I have a soft spot for the first one.

3 does have the best plot, yes.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's more characters than I had standing there lol.

That looks almost identical to mine, who’s better than who now? Clearly I would get the best ending in Vandal Hearts 2!

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, there's some truth to it, of course, but I'm not so fanatically against anime lol. I don't lose sleep over it or spend my entire days thinking about how much I hate anime. It's just a thing I don't really like, sometimes I do criticize it, but I don't think it deserves to be nuked out of existence or anything like that. I apologize if it came across as more than that.

Nah, I think you're fine on that point. Your reactions are over the top enough to see the exaggeration, at least imo. I do see it can sour your experience of something, but it won't completely obliterate the rest of the piece, as can be seen with your general opinion of S;G.

Videos, actually. Youtuber Mekkah made a series of videos crapping all over the story of FE7 with an insufferable voice changer. That's where I really noticed the shift in the fandom's general opinion.

Huh. Would be interesting to watch them just to see if it may affect me. Though, goin gin with that mindset definitely taints the experience already. Hmm...

Hahaha... Well, to be honest, I like Merlinus, conceptually. Having the convoy be a unit to protect is an idea that could be nice. Although both 7 and 6 were heavily flawed in their approaches. Merlinus in FE6 is not worth deploying, and in FE7 he can't move at first and often gets bombarded with reinforcements, which makes him more annoying than he should be.

Oh, I was specifically speaking about FE7 Merlinus. Forcing you to deploy him and leave stragglers with him lest wandering healers might spook him out of existence just to allow him to move 16 chapters later, and then being undeployable in the final battle where you gain a million new weapons... Of course, it's all very manageable, but just overall frustrating.

I've heard of his... character flaws in FE6, and I think he's gameplay-wise inoffensive in FE6 for the small part I've played of it. I also think convoy units that actually have the means to transport a convoy are a good idea, and it makes sense they suck at combat mostly, but honestly, the tent is just egregious, and you can't use the caravan that much afterwards either in FE7. He's literally the one reason why I shy away from FE7 when I take decisions upon replaying it.

edit: changed controversy to flaws cause I suck at being comprehensible.

Edited by Lorneus

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay but why did whoever titled the song have a seizure on their keyboard and called it a day?

There's a logic to it. Deciphered:

z 29 battle 2013 01 17

Not sure what the "z" or "29" refer to, the z just gets tacked on a bunch of tracks' names. However, "battle" obviously refers to this being a battle theme, while "2013 01 17" can be read as a date, presumably the one whereon the composer composed the tune.

So it's more jumbled computer code than random nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t get the joke here. Is this what one of the Xenoblades is on?

Correct, the aforementioned Xenoblade Chronicles X. Which Armagon finds to be chef's kiss/10, and happens to be stuck on Nintendo's failure of a console. Nintendo has not given no indication of adding it to the WiiU-to-Switch port bandwagon, nor has it announced the much needed direct sequel.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, here we go again. Hopefully this time I can shank Darin without something unexpected going wrong.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also I love how the entire thread has shifted from everyone jumping in to tell me what to play to everyone stopping to tell me what to play when I just finish what I was currently playing. Thanks guys, you’re the best. I have so much to play in 5 years.

Play the things I said, Sooks. Almost all my recommendations have been on point. You must follow my every command. Dew it!

Huh, I’m not familiar with this piece of history. What’s this all about?

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Youtuber Mekkah made a series of videos crapping all over the story of FE7 with an insufferable voice changer. That's where I really noticed the shift in the fandom's general opinion.

Do I need to bring out the Nid quote again?

It won't be necessary. Refrain, lest I be forced to retaliate with the Frog moment.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

3 does have the best plot, yes.

And the best Ludin, let's not forget.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That looks almost identical to mine, who’s better than who now? Clearly I would get the best ending in Vandal Hearts 2!

I challenge you to prove it.

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Nah, I think you're fine on that point. Your reactions are over the top enough to see the exaggeration, at least imo. I do see it can sour your experience of something, but it won't completely obliterate the rest of the piece, as can be seen with your general opinion of S;G.

Haha, well, thanks. Always reassures me to be told things like this. Actually, during the S;G days I did grow increasingly worried that I'd give off the wrong impression. I kept complaining about everything, but well, I made it to the end for a reason. Issues as though I may've had, I enjoyed it enough to get to the end.

Heck, I loved to nag about it, but I'd call Okarin's stupidity a good thing. For how boring I'd been told the entire first half was, I loved watching Okarin make mistake after mistake and (mostly correctly) try to guess exactly how it would all come back to bite him in the ass.

Huh. Would be interesting to watch them just to see if it may affect me. Though, goin gin with that mindset definitely taints the experience already. Hmm...

If you can stand the voice changer enough to go through all the videos, you may consider that a victory already. I mean, for fuck's sake, I don't even like FE7 either and I couldn't do it. Poor choice on his part, I would say, and the overly vitriolic tone makes even someone like me go "okay, he could've been a bit nicer about it."

Oh, I was specifically speaking about FE7 Merlinus. Forcing you to deploy him and leave stragglers with him lest wandering healers might spook him out of existence just to allow him to move 16 chapters later, and then being undeployable in the final battle where you gain a million new weapons... Of course, it's all very manageable, but just overall frustrating.

Yeah, FE7 Merlinus was flawed. Good idea, but the execution was a little oofy.

I've heard of his... character controversy in FE6, and I think he's gameplay-wise inoffensive in FE6 for the small part I've played of it.

Inoffensive is the word, yes. You don't even need him to send stuff to the convoy, only to retrieve it, so you end up never deploying him past chapter 5.

I also think convoy units that actually have the means to transport a convoy are a good idea, and it makes sense they suck at combat mostly, but honestly, the tent is just egregious, and you can't use the caravan that much afterwards either in FE7. He's literally the one reason why I shy away from FE7 when I take decisions upon replaying it.

May I reiterate my recommendation for Sword of Heaven and Earth, then? Again, the convoy is FE7 Merlinus but he moves from the start. And beyond that, I've always described it as GBAFE but better. It doesn't do anything too out of the world, like Sun God's Wrath or Lonely Mirror, but it takes everything good about GBAFE and fixes all the issues, paired with super solid map design and a ton of units for replayability and ironmannability (nice word I just invented there).

37 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

I've heard of his... character flaws in FE6, and I think he's gameplay-wise inoffensive in FE6 for the small part I've played of it. I also think convoy units that actually have the means to transport a convoy are a good idea, and it makes sense they suck at combat mostly, but honestly, the tent is just egregious, and you can't use the caravan that much afterwards either in FE7. He's literally the one reason why I shy away from FE7 when I take decisions upon replaying it.

Relevant notes I had jotted down from a European medieval & early modern siege warfare history book.:

1. Siege on the Move: “Tanks” and the Logistics of Siege Artillery
      1. Jan Zizka “the Blind”, Hussite commander at the aforementioned aborted siege of Prague, was highly successful and a pioneer of mobile warfare in Europe.
        1. His army was largely untrained townsmen and peasants. But it defeated veteran infantry and cavalry alike.
      2. Zizka’s great innovation- the War Wagon.
        1. A four-wheeled farm cart, modified into a fighting vehicle capable of holding 18 armed men.
        2. On the march, the wagon carried supplies.
        3. When the enemy was near in open country, they could be maneuvered to form a compound protecting their troops. During prolonged attacks, dedicated heavy shields could fill the gaps between the wagons.
        4. Placed on the high ground with a ditch dug up around it, the assembled war wagons could become a near-impenetrable fortress.
        5. Idea was possibly borrowed from the Russian version of the idea, called a goliaigorod.
        6. Resembled not so much ancient era war chariots, as modern tanks in their tactical use.
      3. Zizka modified his war wagons to mount artillery pieces in them. Possibly used in offensive operations.
      4. At the Battle of Malesov in June 1424, Zizka broke enemy formation by unloading rock-filled wagons atop a hilltop down onto the enemy, which shattered were attacked by his horsemen.
      5. War wagons became the hallmark of Hussite armies. Yet these required effective chain-of-command discipline, far from standard in the average medieval army.
        1. Maintaining the wagons in running order, deploying them on the move, working in chaotic battle conditions, meant the 18-man crew needed a division of labor rigidly enforced in action.
      6. By the mid-1400s, discipline became necessary for the logistics of artillery deployment.
        1. A siege train of 25 guns became normal by the mid-1400s.
        2. Each battery of four guns required a minimum of 22 wagons with four horses per wagon.
        3. The gun-barrel and the gun-cradle each had their own vehicle. Cannonballs required another.
        4. The powder wagon likely required the ingredients kept separate, to be mixed on-site to avoid accidental explosions.
        5. Transport would be necessary for one crane for each battery.
        6. A fully supplied forge was necessary.
        7. The convoy needed trained gunners to man the guns and infantry to protect it.
      7. The transport convoy, it has been estimated an army of 30k with equipment, complete with artillery corps, would take up 4 miles (6.4 km) of road in its length.
        1. All of this required a team of professionals to organize and supervise it.

A "War Wagon" class sounds like something FE could try.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I've been rather critical of FE7, but I will say this: Eliwood's unpromoted animations are the coolest thing. Some of my favorites in GBAFE. What a shame that he forgets how to use thrusting blades when he promotes...

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I loved to nag about it, but I'd call Okarin's stupidity a good thing. For how boring I'd been told the entire first half was, I loved watching Okarin make mistake after mistake and (mostly correctly) try to guess exactly how it would all come back to bite him in the ass.

Haha, I think at least that point was abundantly clear with how much you show your appreciation of the character, both through and after the game XD

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you can stand the voice changer enough to go through all the videos, you may consider that a victory already. I mean, for fuck's sake, I don't even like FE7 either and I couldn't do it. Poor choice on his part, I would say, and the overly vitriolic tone makes even someone like me go "okay, he could've been a bit nicer about it."

Now I'm just too intrigued to not check it out at some point at least XD

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, FE7 Merlinus was flawed. Good idea, but the execution was a little oofy.

Inoffensive is the word, yes. You don't even need him to send stuff to the convoy, only to retrieve it, so you end up never deploying him past chapter 5.

Oh, I didn't even know that. I was so stuck in my FE7 mind that I probably ignored the caravan unit explanation altogether XD Yeah, definitely unnecessary unit right there.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

May I reiterate my recommendation for Sword of Heaven and Earth, then? Again, the convoy is FE7 Merlinus but he moves from the start. And beyond that, I've always described it as GBAFE but better. It doesn't do anything too out of the world, like Sun God's Wrath or Lonely Mirror, but it takes everything good about GBAFE and fixes all the issues, paired with super solid map design and a ton of units for replayability and ironmannability (nice word I just invented there).

Oh, I was definitely planning on playing it sometime! For now, I'll finish SGW and probably play some Banner Saga here and there in the meantime when I have longer stretches of time (I prefer using the time to get a bit more immersed in that one). Afterwards, I was mostly planning on Storge. I've been intrigued about trying my hand at screenshot LPs for a while, but I wouldn't want to start a grand project to end it in the middle cause I got bored of it or anything, so the smaller scale of that game seems to befit a trial run. I'll see if I like it and would like to do it for others afterwards. I could try SoHaE afterwards though 😃

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At the Battle of Malesov in June 1424, Zizka broke enemy formation by unloading rock-filled wagons atop a hilltop down onto the enemy, which shattered were attacked by his horsemen.

That is just amazing XD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A "War Wagon" class sounds like something FE could try.

Oooh, I like that idea actually. It could be the evolution of Merlinus in better. Like instead of having an immobile tent which then becomes a wagon, have a wagon that becomes a warmachine later on, just as healers are useless at combat at first, but then can pack a punch upon promotion. 

There, won. Saw Bernard's battle quote with Darin, Wil killed him for experience, and then plot happened that I skipped.

I continue to have no deployment slots.

8 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oh, I was definitely planning on playing it sometime! For now, I'll finish SGW and probably play some Banner Saga here and there in the meantime when I have longer stretches of time (I prefer using the time to get a bit more immersed in that one). Afterwards, I was mostly planning on Storge. I've been intrigued about trying my hand at screenshot LPs for a while, but I wouldn't want to start a grand project to end it in the middle cause I got bored of it or anything, so the smaller scale of that game seems to befit a trial run. I'll see if I like it and would like to do it for others afterwards. I could try SoHaE afterwards though 😃

Fair enough!

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Play the things I said, Sooks. Almost all my recommendations have been on point. You must follow my every command. Dew it!

I mean, I’ll mostly play what everyone says, so long as they provide a good argument for it that appeals to me (which you have). It’s only a matter of when.

I challenge you to prove it.

You’re on in 3 years.

Youtuber Mekkah made a series of videos crapping all over the story of FE7 with an insufferable voice changer. That's where I really noticed the shift in the fandom's general opinion.

Wait, the story is what got people’s minds to change? The fan base thought it was good at one point?

https://images2.imgbox.com/6c/bd/TElWHMOk_o.png

I mean, he doesn't look incredible compared to actually good snipers in the series and he's actually beaten by Louise in a couple of places, but... Honestly? I'm fine with this. Good effort, Wil. Keep at it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

You’re on in 3 years.

No. Earlier. Do not force me to deploy the Sheev, you know I will do it if you force me.

Wait, the story is what got people’s minds to change?

Yep.

The fan base thought it was good at one point?

Yep.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Wait, the story is what got people’s minds to change? The fan base thought it was good at one point?

I find a lot of Black Fang moments good enough to overshadow a lot of the weaker plot points for me, and I imagine it's similar to this for others. The rest feels very generic FE in general so it's easier to forgive in a way if you have stronger moments, despite its high flaws. Other than that, I've never really discussed in detail about the story with someone who liked it in its entirety, so I can't really say much more. Comments I've seen just say it's good without specifying anything, so it's hard to explain properly. Nostalgia and child minds probably also had an effect on how the story was first interpreted. It is after all the starting point for many.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still with the Blazing Blade talk, huh.

Well, I'm still playing it.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I liked it. The End. Not gonna get involved this any further...

Good call.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, there's some truth to it, of course, but I'm not so fanatically against anime lol. I don't lose sleep over it or spend my entire days thinking about how much I hate anime. It's just a thing I don't really like, sometimes I do criticize it, but I don't think it deserves to be nuked out of existence or anything like that. I apologize if it came across as more than that

I dont recall me ever going to that extreme. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You and Shrimps were telling me this would be the case all game long, yes. You just didn’t mention the part where it takes the game a second to give you all the OP stuff

Just wail till CS III and IV, you havent seen anyhimg yet.

I just like the gameplay and the ships. And I have a soft spot for it on account of it being my first. Overall, it is one of my favorites (it makes the top 5).

I never did try Hector Hard Mode though.