Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

All right, I beat Badon 2. I don't know who thought flier reinforcements in the fog is a good idea. What an awful map.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

adding EliLowen for equal male lord ending count.

EliLowen would've been great. It would've given Lowen a much needed claim to fame aside from having dumb hair.

13 minutes ago, Benice said:

How do you understand what he's saying? Yeah, it does sound like nails on chalkboard, but it also sounds incomprehensible to me...

Not sure, understanding is just not a problem in my case.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

What do you think of the game so far?

Quite fun honestly. I like the optional killing, and the tranq gun is VERY useful. The stealth is also really fun, although realistically I can probably beat the hell out of anyone they send because I'm on easy.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, haven't read them myself. They were Japan-only, as it were.

But someone has been translating them: https://four-loose-screws.tumblr.com/post/174907769165/a-complete-list-of-official-fire-emblem-novels

Curious.

I'll need to remind myself of those when I play those games

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I leave for the bones of three hours to clean a car and you're all talking about ships like it's before 2010 again.

Well what else are you supposed to talk about in a Fire Emblem forum?

I chose the option with a 53% chance of success despite having two with better odds because if it had succeeded it would have done me the most good, and then went it went horribly wrong three of my characters died in the resulting battle, with one of them losing an arm and the other an eye.

He looks pretty good with an eyepatch though, so clearly I’m great at choice based games, right? Yeah. Definitely.

Oh and apparently the third character lost her hand. Joy.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Technically it’s my tactical ineptitude that led to this. In theory, I could have came out of the harder battle perfectly unscathed if I was good enough at the game. Unfortunately, I am not that good.

Oh well, The Brethren of the Kindled Lady live to fight another day.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

How do you understand what he's saying? Yeah, it does sound like nails on chalkboard, but it also sounds incomprehensible to me...

Huh, I always thought "nails on chalkboard" referred to a shrill strenuous sound. I was quite surprised when I started the videos XD

I did hear his voice beforehand, so maybe my brain has acknowledged the accent differences and can understand the words, but I find it comprehensible enough and the pacing itself sounds like his usual pace, for the small amount I actually watched, anyway.

As for the subject matter, it does pick on certain things that are not very important though they are valid, but there's some interesting stuff, like the translation errors or scenarios I didn't consider. Well, not that I ever tried to see a really deep and amazingly written story in that game anyway, but I'm still satisfied with what I get out of it and while the errors or plotholes are interesting to discern, they don't really aggravate me. I still wouldn't say his videos are vitriolic so far (though I only watched 2) but they definitely are nitpicky to some regard.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I chose the option with a 53% chance of success despite having two with better odds because if it had succeeded it would have done me the most good, and then went it went horribly wrong three of my characters died in the resulting battle, with one of them losing an arm and the other an eye.

He looks pretty good with an eyepatch though, so clearly I’m great at choice based games, right? Yeah. Definitely.

Wait, what are you playing now? I missed it.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, what are you playing now? I missed it.

I didn’t post it, that was my first post.

I’m playing Wildermyth, an indie SRPG I found on Steam with C H O I C E and a cool art style.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh, you playing some Wildermyth? I liked that game quite a bit XD If you want to experiment a bit with it, the workshop adds an... extended? version (don't remember the actual name, but there's like a bagillion parts to it so you can hardly miss it) that's interesting. It can add both difficulty and cheesability I'd say, depending on the options you take. And hey, shaping a full pirate character is something of a feat in itself! Go for it! XD

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t post it, that was my first post.

I’m playing Wildermyth, an indie SRPG I found on Steam with C H O I C E and a cool art style.

I see. If you get a bad ending, let me know.

6 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oh, you playing some Wildermyth? I liked that game quite a bit XD If you want to experiment a bit with it, the workshop adds an... extended? version (don't remember the actual name, but there's like a bagillion parts to it so you can hardly miss it) that's interesting. It can add both difficulty and cheesability I'd say, depending on the options you take. And hey, shaping a full pirate character is something of a feat in itself! Go for it! XD

I don’t know what like any of this means, I’m like an hour into my first game. We’ll see when I understand everything.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, due to the randomized nature of… well, everything (characters, events), I’m not 1000% if there are bad endings as such, but we’ll see. I’ll let you know if anyone dies, including the snarky archer girl who is easily my favorite of my characters.

Well, due to the randomized nature of… well, everything (characters, events), I’m not 1000% if there are bad endings as such, but we’ll see. I’ll let you know if anyone dies, including the snarky archer girl who is easily my favorite of my characters.

Snarky archer girl? Gimme some of that.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Sooks, these aren't very high spoilers, but if you wanna go in more blind, you can skip this.

Spoiler

Sadly for you, I don't think bad endings are possible in this game, aside from game-over. You can have melo-dramatic ones though. Or you can murder your entire party safe for one character and still play. The choices rarely affect the overarching narrative itself, aside from some mild gameplay elements that can vary with your choices (reinforcements, invasions, stronger enemies, etc.). Choices are there mostly to modify what the characters will go through during their adventures and how they'll end up at the end of the campaign. Some of them make for some interesting campaign moments still. It's a neat game that can give interesting bases for characters to build upon and has certain interesting narratives but the writing is overall kinda lacey and far from the most compelling ever. More of a game you have fun for a while and get lost into it for hours because of next turn syndrome. I really like the legacy system though and it compelled me to create some family trees at some point XD

I don’t know what like any of this means, I’m like an hour into my first game. We’ll see when I understand everything.

Oh lol, I meant Steam workshop, for fan-created add-ons. As for full pirate character, you've already encountered two parts of it (the hook hand and the eyepatch). Having a character survive enough injuries and them being at the right places perfectly to make a character that actually looks like a pirate is not the easiest to do XD

4 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

I said a, not all lol

You were the one who brought up the "professional reviewer" as a back-up for your argument that games are bad. If we start using their reviews as some kind of proof then we have to take account of all of them.

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

I could also post modern positive FE reviews everytime brightbow comes here to go ''GOTTEM'' like a certain someone that acts with the moral high ground after his speech, but obvious bait is obvious

My speech was just an overview of my opinion on the topic of toxicity in fandoms, trying to be as polite as possible with my limited knowledge of English. If you think I failed, I'll try better next time. If I was baiting, I would have just bolded the "professional reviewer" part and posted some meme reaction.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not defending it but as we all know, this is very common. 

See: SMT fans attacking that one guy because he said the randomness of obtaining demons was bad.

Don't forget about the attacks on the person who said it was Persona 5 without the heart!

Frankly, the person made a silly mistake. The SMT fandom has been at war with the Persona fandom since Persona 5, it was to be expected that there would be a shitstorm if there was a comparison between the two. Is this behavior excusable? NO. But unfortunately that's how the world works. It's always good to choose your words carefully, especially when they're going to reach a lot of people. The person choose the wrong words to use in the review of a game with a series whose fanbase hates each other and that was the trigger of a war.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Idk, it's probably because I have no real opinions on Cold Steel, but it doesn't bother me to hear it get consistently criticized. Or any games, really.

I meme about my disagreement or dislikes, but at the end of the day I don't have many very strong negative opinions on games myself, tbh. So, yeah.

Very true.

Disagreeing is fine, and discussing games shortcomings is fine. See FE: my favorite ones (Genealogy, Awakening, Echoes, etc.) are all highly flawed games and I don't mind criticism about them, I even agree and can I point out some myself. But thinking that your opinion is for some reason more valid than someone else's is dumb. Sometimes people feel that because they have been a fan for longer or have played more games their decision is more valid than someone else's.

It really comes down to how one chooses to present their opinion.

I would also note that someone should be able to come in here and say they believe X is better than Y without fear of being silenced.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I agree with all of this. I personally enjoyed the ending, even if it was rather minimalistic, but I see where you're coming from.

Reveal hidden contents

Neither did Eyvind. His one crime was having poor mental health. He needed help, not... whatever the fuck it was that the mender council was hoping to accomplish by murdering the one person working to treat his afflictions and shoving him in a cell.

Really, the main villain of Banner Saga is not Juno, not Eyvind, not even the serpent. No, the real villain is the mender council. "Oh what's that? You're trying to help our leader with his mental problems? TO HELL WITH YOU HERETIC, BURN AT THE STAKE!" When you know the whole truth, watching the one old guy get fried by Eyvind becomes surprisingly cathartic.

Oh ho! So we agree! Now that's awesome.

Not bad. That's more characters than I had standing there lol. I wish there was a similar visual for Iver's team, though.

Yeah, they did nothing wrong. That's why there must be some flexibility when following a set of rules. They could only gain from Juno's help, since Eyvind is highly gifted and they could him for longer.

Also, finish what they set out do to as Juno wanted or did you strike a deal?

Speaking of, how come your pfp isn't Peak Ludin?

That was the only portrait that I found

My regrets grow greater and greater. I should never have said the words that sparked this whole thing.

Do not regret it, someone has to point out the elephant in the room. It's just that this kind of thing doesn't help anyone and only feeds negative feelings. People basing their entire personalities on a job/franchise/company and thinking they own it. People coming together and forming echo chambers that cull any kind of dissenting thinking that results in a circlejerk where people only get more extreme. Then they blame the other side for starting it all.

Look, I myself have participated in groups where there was discontent about the direction of the work (cough couch Shingeki no Kyojin), but I left when I realized that things were getting too chaotic. I'm very grateful that I realized this long ago and matured, otherwise I would still be stuck on YB.

Seriously, anyone reading this should see this video. It's a pretty good summary of the current state of the AoT fanbase, from death threats to actual Nazis.

I apologize in advance for bringing such unpleasant topics to light again, but I think I have the right to respond. If anyone wants to keep talking about it I am easily reachable through the PMs.

11 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Also, finish what they set out do to as Juno wanted or did you strike a deal?

Spoiler

I just barely managed to convince Eyvind, and they finished the job. It was what Juno wanted, and she looked at peace within the sun.

Poor Eyvind, though. There's no good ending for him.

That was the only portrait that I found

I don't recall where you played the game, but if you got it on Steam, you can head over to the third game's folder. Then go to Assets > Common > Character > Spearman and you'll find the Peak Ludin portrait there, named "ludin_s3.icon.party". I mean, you can find every single portrait in the game in the character folder, but that's where you can find Peak Ludin, especifically.

Do not regret it, someone has to point out the elephant in the room. It's just that this kind of thing doesn't help anyone and only feeds negative feelings. People basing their entire personalities on a job/franchise/company and thinking they own it. People coming together and forming echo chambers that cull any kind of dissenting thinking that results in a circlejerk where people only get more extreme. Then they blame the other side for starting it all.

I suppose there's truth to that. I just feel a little bad to have caused so much conflict.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Snarky archer girl? Gimme some of that.

Nobody tell Ruben, but the snarky archer girl is the one who lost a hand (she now has a hook for a hand (if you’re wondering how she uses a bow with one hand, she switched to a crossbow after the accident)).

Anyway,

p4i5ka8.jpg
DmSmvZs.jpg

ZijkisW.jpg
I guess I forgot to mention that she’s green, so there’s a nice little bonus for you.

Just now, Sooks said:

I guess I forgot to mention that she’s green, so there’s a nice little bonus for you.

Damn, this procedurally generated RPG knows me.

Of course, if I were to play it I'll bet I'd be given a bunch of generic anime teens.

15 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Look, I myself have participated in groups where there was discontent about the direction of the work (cough couch Shingeki no Kyojin), but I left when I realized that things were getting too chaotic. I'm very grateful that I realized this long ago and matured, otherwise I would still be stuck on YB.

Seriously, anyone reading this should see this video. It's a pretty good summary of the current state of the AoT fanbase, from death threats to actual Nazis.

Just going to use this again because after that video:

127871468223020110725-22047-v8rplm.png

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn, this procedurally generated RPG knows me.

Actually I gave her that armor but…

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course, if I were to play it I'll bet I'd be given a bunch of generic anime teens.

1. The whole point of this game is you stick with heroes through their entire lives. The game starts off by giving you a bunch of 20 something year olds, but time passes for them. It’s already been a couple in game years, so my OG Party are around their early 30s and the guy who joined a little later is 25. Although each character has a “retirement age” which also seems to have been randomly generated, and I don’t know if they just settle down in some village when they reach it or what. But two characters have it as 45, one as 55, and the other as 81.

2. You can see a character’s personality when they’re first randomized and roll it again if you don’t like it. I knew full well my archer girl was a “goofish snark” when I started the game because the game told me and gave me a chance to reroll.

45 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Huh, I always thought "nails on chalkboard" referred to a shrill strenuous sound. I was quite surprised when I started the videos XD

I guess  it is the polar opposite to that, yeah.

46 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

did hear his voice beforehand, so maybe my brain has acknowledged the accent differences and can understand the words, but I find it comprehensible enough and the pacing itself sounds like his usual pace, for the small amount I actually watched, anyway.

It's been a while since I last watched any of those vids specifically, so perhaps I am misremembering...

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

suppose there's truth to that. I just feel a little bad to have caused so much conflict

Hey, conflict is good and healthy in relationships, as long as it doesn't get toxic or incessant. We can't really grow if we just act without anyone or anything to check our concequences.

...Saying this as someone who also hates confrontation.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Although each character has a “retirement age” which also seems to have been randomly generated, and I don’t know if they just settle down in some village when they reach it or what. But two characters have it as 45, one as 55, and the other as 81.

The 81 year old adventurer sounds hilarious to be honest.

(That or they want to imitate Aragorn super hard)

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Actually I gave her that armor but…

1. The whole point of this game is you stick with heroes through their entire lives. The game starts off by giving you a bunch of 20 something year olds, but time passes for them. It’s already been a couple in game years, so my OG Party are around their early 30s and the guy who joined a little later is 25. Although each character has a “retirement age” which also seems to have been randomly generated, and I don’t know if they just settle down in some village when they reach it or what. But two characters have it as 45, one as 55, and the other as 81.

2. You can see a character’s personality when they’re first randomized and roll it again if you don’t like it. I knew full well my archer girl was a “goofish snark” when I started the game because the game told me and gave me a chance to reroll.

The retirement age is based mostly on class. Warriors fight for a short time, Rangers for a normal time, and mages for a long time. Story events and some quirks here and there can affect it too, but that's the main defining factor on most characters I'd say. Can be helpful if you're trying to recruit your team for later on.

You can also curate the personalities as you wish within their specs upon creation but it's always more fun on your first run to get the random ones XP Well, I'd argue for all the time, as it makes them feel slightly more alive to have personalities you didn't create on your end, but it can also lead to interesting dynamics if you do curate them so... eh.

Hey Ruben, so uh, funny story.

vBdgWRK.jpg
Hey wait, hold on! Hold on! Before you get too mad

HHGkDL1.jpg
I also got her lover killed alongside her! So that’s… something, right? Everything is good.

ub6q3rD.jpg
And now I’ve recruited a new green archer, so there’s nothing to worry about! Nothing at all…

38 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Frankly, the person made a silly mistake. The SMT fandom has been at war with the Persona fandom since Persona 5

Actually, it's been since at least Persona 4. "Persona is SMT for babies" (difficulty-wise at least) has been a thing for a long time. P5 merely continued the petty conflict between the mother franchise and the spinoff that has outgrown the progenitor in terms of popularity (despite there being good reasons Persona is more appealing).

A tad ironic, given SMT If... and the two non-Raidou Devil Summoner games were able to peacefully coexist in the very same world as Personas 1 & 2.