• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Bahahahahah! Oh, that was the funniest moment in the game. The old coot invited us to a secret map to show us one of his inventions. Turns out, his invention is the attack airship map I'd seen on Youtube. One of the party members touched the wrong button (located on the back of the plane, for some reason) and the ship went rogue, taking off and sending the professor rolling off the thing. I hope he's all right... I'll find out tomorrow, I won't complete the map today.

Anyway, airship fight. Train fight and airship fight. This game is too fucking awesome. The height indicator on the HUD displays 50000, too, that's such an awesome touch.

I decided to split up my party to try and get more done in the time limit.

This backfired almost immediately, since my powerful party happened upon a farmer with some infected cows (there’s some infection or whatever than turns stuff into monsters) but couldn’t bring himself to kill them, so he begged us to save them, because we’re famous. Now, being famous is not the same thing as being God, but I went ahead and decided to study something, so we learned a bit more about how it develops in animals.

…before they went on a fierce rampage and I entered into a battle with the strongest enemies I’ve seen all game and only half my party. I put up a good fight, but I just had no chance, and one of my characters died in battle. I had the opportunity to have her pull back, but suffer a permanent HP debuff for the rest of the game, or have her give her life to save her friends, giving them all +3 armor. It was a tough decision, but there was no way I could have won without it, so Alennen sacrificed herself for the greater good. Thanks Alennen, you won’t be forgotten. There’s not a good time to mention this, but I had just spent all of my resources getting her a good wand because an event gave her a magic attack but her magic was garbage. She died the very next battle after she got the wand.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How long did it take you to find that? It's been a hot minute since I played Echoes...

I had it saved.

I do think it could have some use, but it looks like the last thing you see as is so.....

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I decided to split up my party to try and get more done in the time limit.

This backfired almost immediately, since my powerful party happened upon a farmer with some infected cows (there’s some infection or whatever than turns stuff into monsters) but couldn’t bring himself to kill them, so he begged us to save them, because we’re famous. Now, being famous is not the same thing as being God, but I went ahead and decided to study something, so we learned a bit more about how it develops in animals.

…before they went on a fierce rampage and I entered into a battle with the strongest enemies I’ve seen all game and only half my party. I put up a good fight, but I just had no chance, and one of my characters died in battle. I had the opportunity to have her pull back, but suffer a permanent HP debuff for the rest of the game, or have her give her life to save her friends, giving them all +3 armor. It was a tough decision, but there was no way I could have won without it, so Alennen sacrificed herself for the greater good. Thanks Alennen, you won’t be forgotten. There’s not a good time to mention this, but I had just spent all of my resources getting her a good wand because an event gave her a magic attack but her magic was garbage. She died the very next battle after she got the wand.

Hmm... how high tier are your characters? I feel like if you have lost 2 having them separated is not your best bet. The time limit can be quite annoying though. I think you can increase it somehow in most storylines, but I'm not sure for gorgons. Your best bet would be fighting in the gorgon regions, I believe. Usually, I send them in a pack until I get more than 5, then one just dicks around building defenses or goes find some more regions to do that a bit faster, but it's risky if the one I send alone isn't a ranger (silkstep is OP for when you get ambushed). 

F for Alennen. And for the wand.

5 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hmm... how high tier are your characters? I feel like if you have lost 2 having them separated is not your best bet.

I had 3 good ones and 3 barely used ones. The 3 good ones were off doing combat while the other 3 did whatever I needed them to.

The time limit can be quite annoying though. I think you can increase it somehow in most storylines, but I'm not sure for gorgons. Your best bet would be fighting in the gorgon regions, I believe.

Yep, I just did that to save this time limit, now that I new to pay attention to it.

And I got more time when I had one day left…

Usually, I send them in a pack until I get more than 5, then one just dicks around building defenses or goes find some more regions to do that a bit faster

That feels like a waste of that one though. Hence I used two teams of three.

How fast can I beat this?

https://preview.redd.it/6set74t3e6961.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=c2b0fc005247ad72a38c1597efe9dde312064fe4

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yes.

I am going to play this game sometime

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You are the cause of everything that is wrong with anime.

Loli Surprise Loli Attack GIF - Loli Surprise Loli Attack Anime GIFs

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's inevitable when you live alongside Super Robot pilots...

Don't blame him, super robots are cooler

3 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Project X Zone 1 has terrible gameplay, which is a shame because i really liked the character interactions.

Project X Zone 2 is a massive improvement.

Likewise, Endless Frontier has bad gameplay, which is a shame because i really liked the character interactions.

Endless Frontier Exceed, i haven't beaten yet, but it's much better.

You can read my reviews for those three here if you want my full thoughts

For the record, all of these games i mentioned have KOS-MOS boob cannon.

9 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Two hours, 38 minutes and 49 seconds, apparently.

I didn't know I could speedrun through depression that quickly!

12 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

https://preview.redd.it/6set74t3e6961.png?width=642&format=png&auto=webp&s=c2b0fc005247ad72a38c1597efe9dde312064fe4

20ish hours if you make a beeline through the main story and don’t touch the side content. Assuming you’re playing the route everyone gets on their first play through.

I’d recommend it, this is a phenomenal game.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Two hours, 38 minutes and 49 seconds, apparently.

Wha… how?

I know you’re talking about a speed run, but still. I’m amazed what speed runners can do sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wha… how?

I know you’re talking about a speed run, but still. I’m amazed what speed runners can do sometimes.

Speedrunners can do crazy stuff, ye. Dark Souls speedruns are hilarious too.

Although there seems to only be about 20 minutes of timesave via glitches in Omori

59 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Just to add on to what Armagon has stated...

Endless Frontier Exceed is a story sequel to the first Endless Frontier game. You'd at least want to cheat through the game or watch a let's play of the first game. Not that the story itself is all important, but you'd be at a something of a loss for undestanding the characters if you skipped the first EF game entirely.

Project X Zone 2 does take place after the first (and the first PXZ after the two EF games). However, though I haven't played either PXZ, it doesn't seem anywhere near as necessary to play PXZ1 before 2.

There is also the matter of Namco X Capcom, which does take place before the first Endless Frontier game. Not strictly necessary in the least, the gameplay for that game looks a little clunky, and the fan translation is absolutely jarring to read.

The first two of the three episodes of Xenosaga happen before NXC as well, with Episode 3 in progress during EF and PXZ it seems. Not necessary, I still haven't gotten to Xenosaga and I was fine.

Super Robot Wars Original Generation, Original Generation 2, and Original General Gaiden all take place before the Endless Frontier games well. These are helpful on understanding a few story points, but not strictly necessary, Armagon hasn't played them and has still been having fun. Official translations of the GBA versions of OG 1 & 2 exist, as does a fan-translation of their technologically enhanced (and slightly canonically tweaked) Original Generations PS2 bundle. However, OG Gaiden hasn't been fan-translated yet.

And if you REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to be nitpicky about precursors, you'd then have to precede Original Generations with Hero Senki, Super Robot Wars Gaiden: Masoukishin: Lord of Elemental's first half, the entirety of the SRW Alphaverse (3/4ths of which aren't translated), probably Super Hero Operations and Shin Super Rpbot Wars -neither translated- as well. And let's toss in every single game that crossovers in Namco X Capcom and the PXZs to boot!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, though I haven't played either PXZ, it doesn't seem anywhere near as necessary to play PXZ1 before 2.

Yeah, PxZ1 really feels more like a Gaiden and PxZ2 feels more like a sequel to NxC.

Not that you'd need to play NxC to understand it.

Really the only chapter of Reiji and Xiaomu's Crossover Adventure that actually does require previous knowledge is EF Exceed, which expects you to be familiar with many of the characters of EF.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just to add on to what Armagon has stated...

Endless Frontier Exceed is a story sequel to the first Endless Frontier game. You'd at least want to cheat through the game or watch a let's play of the first game. Not that the story itself is all important, but you'd be at a something of a loss for undestanding the characters if you skipped the first EF game entirely.

Project X Zone 2 does take place after the first (and the first PXZ after the two EF games). However, though I haven't played either PXZ, it doesn't seem anywhere near as necessary to play PXZ1 before 2.

There is also the matter of Namco X Capcom, which does take place before the first Endless Frontier game. Not strictly necessary in the least, the gameplay for that game looks a little clunky, and the fan translation is absolutely jarring to read.

The first two of the three episodes of Xenosaga happen before NXC as well, with Episode 3 in progress during EF and PXZ it seems. Not necessary, I still haven't gotten to Xenosaga and I was fine.

Super Robot Wars Original Generation, Original Generation 2, and Original General Gaiden all take place before the Endless Frontier games well. These are helpful on understanding a few story points, but not strictly necessary, Armagon hasn't played them and has still been having fun. Official translations of the GBA versions of OG 1 & 2 exist, as does a fan-translation of their technologically enhanced (and slightly canonically tweaked) Original Generations PS2 bundle. However, OG Gaiden hasn't been fan-translated yet.

And if you REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to be nitpicky about precursors, you'd then have to precede Original Generations with Hero Senki, Super Robot Wars Gaiden: Masoukishin: Lord of Elemental's first half, the entirety of the SRW Alphaverse (3/4ths of which aren't translated), probably Super Hero Operations and Shin Super Rpbot Wars -neither translated- as well. And let's toss in every single game that crossovers in Namco X Capcom and the PXZs to boot!

Goodbye Chat Tobias Gregson GIF - Goodbye Chat Tobias Gregson Dgs GIFs

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I had 3 good ones and 3 barely used ones. The 3 good ones were off doing combat while the other 3 did whatever I needed them to.

Yep, I just did that to save this time limit, now that I new to pay attention to it.

And I got more time when I had one day left…

Oof. Yeah, the time limits are pretty much always manageable, but they suck in general XD I think it can be good to split up your forces, but usually, I only do so when I can have at least one group of 4 and one group of 3. Generally, I send them for distinct combat encounters only when I can form two groups of 4 with units that can manage combat well in each (splitting up my first party of 5 basically)

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That feels like a waste of that one though. Hence I used two teams of three.

Building defenses is not always a waste, it can be quite helpful against invasions. Then again, the enemies won't necessarily target the zones with defenses. Sending one to scout ahead before time can help know what encounters will appear where as well. Building bridges can be a good opportunity too. I always feel like having a weaker party getting ambushed or have smaller forces in the combat encounters is a surefire way to get mangled. Though, it's not entirely bad to have 2 parties of 3, especially if you purify zones with the non-combat one, since they have to be 3 to do that. It's just way harder to manage combat in general.