• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

NOOOOO I THINK AN UNLUCKY MISS JUST GOT MY ENTIRE TEAM KILLED NOOOOOOO

Oh okay, the supposed bloodbath only ended in Daila losing 2 HP for the rest of the game. That could have gone a lot worse.

The battle at the end of chapter 4 if you refuse the deal, the escape map is really good. I barely got out of there with everyone alive, which is exactly how escape missions should be in SRPGs.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I guess it must be from a popular show, then.

It's like the only show this season that isn't a sequel that has people talking about it. At least based on my TL being fanart of the main girl.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-18-at-7-56-26-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2022-01-18-at-7-56-53-PM.png

Found it. Albeit in lower visual quality

It even has a teehee.

Katze might be a little offensively stereotypical at times, but overall, he's a decent character IMO. His totally serious side from being the former Orchestral Army vice-captain, with a touch of money-making merchant, means he isn't just a gay character. Katze got some balance. And is a lighthearted pinch of contrast in a game that's all hetero-horny.

Agreed. He hits on Aledy in the beginning but he's mostly kept it to himself since then.

Still tho, the "heavens, the female form is the last thing i could care about" made me laugh out loud.

Funny how the connectivity works out then.😄 Saya namedrops her next scheme after her final EF1 battle, begins prototyping for it in Exceed, and then brings to fruition in PXZ. An actual strand of plot gradually strung through the most unusual of circumstances.

I think her actual plans in PxZ 1 and 2 are different than what she teased in EF1 but the key point here is the Byakuya.

I found another super good combination, that being the warrior skills untouchable (When the unit gets a kill, the next attack against them will miss) and risposte (The unit will counterattack after a successful block or dodge) so if you stack enough strength on a warrior (which is pretty easy to do)… they can basically enemy phase all melee attackers, like this is an FE game.

Now if only my warrior could get the skill that aggros enemies, then she could pretty much solo the game, in theory.

Edited by Sooks

CS III and IV gameplay in a nutshell:

Step 1: break the enemy.

Step 2: use Chrono Burst.

Step 3: this step doesn't actually exist cause the battle will be over now. 

The fact that the entire game boils down to this was depressing. 

Sooks, when you get that far i highly reccommend against this. Xd

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I found another super good combination, that being the warrior skills untouchable (When the unit gets a kill, the next attack against them will miss) and risposte (The unit will counterattack after a successful block or dodge) so if you stack enough strength on a warrior (which is pretty easy to do)… they can basically enemy phase all melee attackers, like this is an FE game.

Now if only my warrior could get the skill that aggros enemies, then she could pretty much solo the game, in theory.

Oooh, I never thought of that. I didn't think it registered as a block/dodge but that's a pretty good combination, yeah! The one I love doing the most, even if it's not optimal is an Indignation/Soulsplitting/Vigorflow for mages. Any weaker enemy just dies with them walking around, and then they can tank and one-shot enemies with weapons instead of spells.  For warriors, I always like Zealous Leap/Vigilance/Long Reach. Having your warrior jump around the battlefield constantly while protecting your units is pretty fun XD Though Broadswipes is a skill I always take if available. And well, I've already provided my favorite ranger build, but for one that's more traditional, I go Through Shot/Fox Flight/Quellingmoss. Poison can be extremely useful, and attacking multiple enemies at once can save you from a lot of scenarios. Fox Flight is just a very useful ability, but I can replace it with Piercing shots in that build for a real nuke.

Also, I think the counterattack needs to have the range to do it, so soloing the game with that build, while possible, might prove more difficult than expected, especially when faced with mages. You could equip them with a crossbow to have retaliation opportunities against most enemies, though you'd lose some power.

Finally got through the retaking Ryu castle map in SGW. It had a lot of harder enemies, but I still managed to level up some of my weaker units. Relina is starting to look pretty good now. Chrysler is starting to revv his engine with 2 mov level ups in that map, Nicole and Evan got a surprising mov level too and Astrea is starting to pop off. Next chapter kinda scares me due to time limit plus a bagillion side objectives, but I've got two dancers in my arsenal and finally some deployment slots (mostly because 4 units are benched through stamina). Haven't used Daedalus so far (mostly because his joining weapons were too good to use right away and I didn't want to switch them up. Inventory sitting at above 140/150 rn btw), but the only heinous crime I can see so far is one only Wraith would consider as such.

pQpBjmH.png

Edit: Thanks @Armagon!

Edited by Lorneus

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Welp. Wanted to add a screenshot, but the forum tells me I can only upload up to 0 MB... Despite the max file size being at 2MB...

Use imgur, Discord, or whatever image hosting site you choose when posting images.

2 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Welp. Wanted to add a screenshot, but the forum tells me I can only upload up to 0 MB... Despite the max file size being at 2MB...

Did you filled it out? If you already have used up the 10MB in attachments, maybe you need to delete some.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you filled it out? If you already have used up the 10MB in attachments, maybe you need to delete some.

I don't have any images left in my attachment section, though there are still some tied to my account it seems? As in the "insert existing attachment" menu. If that is still considered then yeah, I guess it might be filled out, but I don't see options to delete them in that menu specifically.

Wow, the final battle in the deepists story kind of drops the ball. The map is just stuffed to the brim with powerful enemies, there are way too many!

The only reason I got though that was because the game decided to be very nice and teleport all of your characters to the boss room when you open the door.

I think I got the best ending? The game ended with me killing the leaders of the cult and a little thing at the end about how life is better with immortality because it’s more valuable or something. I can’t imagine what I could have done differently, I won every battle and I’m pretty sure the only story choice I encountered (one of the party members accepting the cultists’ offer or none of them doing so, I chose the latter of which) I chose correctly in.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Sooks, when you get that far i highly reccommend against this. Xd

As long as it doesn’t feel like that’s my only way of dealing with the challenges the game throws at me.

59 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Oooh, I never thought of that. I didn't think it registered as a block/dodge but that's a pretty good combination, yeah! The one I love doing the most, even if it's not optimal is an Indignation/Soulsplitting/Vigorflow for mages. Any weaker enemy just dies with them walking around, and then they can tank and one-shot enemies with weapons instead of spells.  For warriors, I always like Zealous Leap/Vigilance/Long Reach. Having your warrior jump around the battlefield constantly while protecting your units is pretty fun XD Though Broadswipes is a skill I always take if available. And well, I've already provided my favorite ranger build, but for one that's more traditional, I go Through Shot/Fox Flight/Quellingmoss. Poison can be extremely useful, and attacking multiple enemies at once can save you from a lot of scenarios. Fox Flight is just a very useful ability, but I can replace it with Piercing shots in that build for a real nuke.

I still don’t know that many skills yet, especially for mages. How good my mages are usually just depends on whatever stuff is lying around to interfuse with. But that all sounds pretty good!

59 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Also, I think the counterattack needs to have the range to do it, so soloing the game with that build, while possible, might prove more difficult than expected, especially when faced with mages.

Yep, range is the problem. But even then, it’s just a matter of going up to the ranged enemy and whacking them once. They should die immediately if it’s a warrior doing that, and those enemies shouldn’t be doing too much damage to a warrior in the first place if they’re not using magic.

Which they probably won’t. At least so far, enemy magic has been incredibly rare. I’ve seen it like three times.

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Hey, I didn't want to add Peri to the team either but the game forced my hand when she outperformed all the other units.

Honestly I'd rather have her than the royals, at least her design's rad.

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

While I definitely think it's possible, I'm just not sure if I have the patience for it. Feels to me like most of the team lacks killing capability while also being easy to kill themselves.

...Or maybe I'm just used to Birthright and Awakening where there wasn't nearly as much challenge.

No, that's normal. Conquest lategame is extremely unforgiving. You have to play at the top of your game, and if you make one mistake (or worse, get screwed by the RNG and miss a high roll), you have to go back to the beginning. It requires a certain mindset, and if you need to take a break, by all means, go for it. I myself dropped the game on my first run, even though my team was perfectly valid, because it was just too much for me.

6 hours ago, Lorneus said:

Finally got through the retaking Ryu castle map in SGW. It had a lot of harder enemies, but I still managed to level up some of my weaker units. Relina is starting to look pretty good now. Chrysler is starting to revv his engine with 2 mov level ups in that map, Nicole and Evan got a surprising mov level too and Astrea is starting to pop off.

Evan with a move level is the stuff of nightmares. For the enemy, that is.

Next chapter kinda scares me due to time limit plus a bagillion side objectives, but I've got two dancers in my arsenal and finally some deployment slots (mostly because 4 units are benched through stamina).

It's not that bad. The bazillion side objectives sound daunting, but they really only entail recruiting the recruitable and killing a boss that charges at you anyway. Only important point is that you have to remember not to kill the throne defender. That'd be... an unfortunate mishap.

Haven't used Daedalus so far (mostly because his joining weapons were too good to use right away and I didn't want to switch them up. Inventory sitting at above 140/150 rn btw), but the only heinous crime I can see so far is one only Wraith would consider as such.

Remember how I said that half the problem with Daedalus is that he's boring? None of his skills make a difference, and his stat distribution is just Hector. That's all he is, he's Hector in SGW. Super uninspired unit, really boring and unrewarding to use, not even that powerful.

Well, here's the kicker: He's force-deployed for the entire game. So yeah. Have fun dragging his worthless behind around for the rest of the campaign.

I don't have any images left in my attachment section, though there are still some tied to my account it seems? As in the "insert existing attachment" menu. If that is still considered then yeah, I guess it might be filled out, but I don't see options to delete them in that menu specifically.

Ah yeah, the good ol' problem. I've been without attachment room for years. Eventually you just learn to use an image host and forget about it.

Ah yes, everyone's favorite map: Race against Pent to get enough experience so that you get the awful gaiden chapter. In the desert, with fog. Because this game is awesome.

...You know, now that I think about it, there isn't a desert map in Sword of Heaven and Earth. Because SoHaE is the best GBAFE.

https://images2.imgbox.com/6e/31/DtvI50Xz_o.png

There he is. The man, the myth, the legend. I skipped Genesis because Genesis is a godawful map and I wasted enough time on it, namely the five minutes it took me to realize it wasn't worth the hassle. So now I have Wallace! Awesome! He's better than Bernard lol. At this rate I'm going to end up with only Carjiga as far as bosses goes.

Also, despite having the choice between attacking Erk and Serra, Lloyd keeps alternating between attacking the two. Even though he has a higher hitrate against Erk, Erk deals way less damage and he can't even hurt Serra. I don't get it.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

As long as it doesn’t feel like that’s my only way of dealing with the challenges the game throws at me.

You will have Brave Orders, battles should NEVER be difficult.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly I'd rather have her than the royals, at least her design's rad.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know, now that I think about it, there isn't a desert map in Sword of Heaven and Earth. Because SoHaE is the best GBAFE.

Nabata was a mistake

(As for stopping Pent, it'd be good if you could get a flier there. The only problem is the FoW in HHM. yay /s

13 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

This is the team I've settled on for the last few chapters.

https://imgur.com/a/ybgchaw

In part thanks to poor unit management from me for the first half of the game and also thanks to a lot of unlucky stat growths.

I would think this should be useable still, but the lategame for Conquest is stressful.

I'll give some general advice for the wall itself The ballista don't kill (you can get them to focus fire on targets like Azura for distractions, but Fliers can do this better and they can be backpacks climbing up), if you climb up and then retreat from it the enemies fall back and while Takumi's a pain you can have him fight on EP by leaving everyone else out of ballista range. I don't remember how much less in skills Normal has against Hard off the top of my head but I don't think the snipers have L&D for instance.

Oh no, it's chapter Crazed Beast and I don't have 20000 moneys for Farina. What a tragedy. I will have to go on without the shitty late midgame flier that costs double the fee than max price Hugh and is about half as good.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

DpjYDv46_o.gif

Nabata was a mistake

It wasn't even hard, it was just tedious. At least in FE6 there's a proper incentive to hurry up. Here you just deploy Ninian, trap an archer between a couple units and take 100 turns.

And it wasn't even fucking worth it. Well, it was, for the supports, but I ended up skipping Genesis, because Genesis is not a reward, it's a punishment for daring to go against the mighty Pent.

(As for stopping Pent, it'd be good if you could get a flier there. The only problem is the FoW in HHM. yay /s

Every single fucking FoW map in this game has flier spam. I hate it.

Yesterday was wild. Not only did Microsoft aquire Acti-Blizzard but a Tifa Lockheart hentai video was accidentally shown off for 30 seconds during an Italian senate meeting.

Okay, nevermind. I sold a bunch of useless promo items and now I can hire Farina, so that I can... probably bench her because FE7 deployment slots.

I mean, who cares, all you need in this game is iron weapons. I keep finding it more and more difficult to care about anything in this game, frankly, when I know that all I need to do is throw Serra at the enemy and the game will end faster than if I try using the other deadweights.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yesterday was wild. Not only did Microsoft aquire Acti-Blizzard but a Tifa Lockheart hentai video was accidentally shown off for 30 seconds during an Italian senate meeting.

Oh yeah, I heard. Them senators are men of culture, it seems.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but a Tifa Lockheart hentai video was accidentally shown off for 30 seconds during an Italian senate meeting.

The Italian Senate deserves the bonk.

FaGBP.png.ec14d4e96ec7248b82215a6de926418f.png

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It wasn't even hard, it was just tedious. At least in FE6 there's a proper incentive to hurry up. Here you just deploy Ninian, trap an archer between a couple units and take 100 turns.

And that incentive is mired in severe slowdown that biases hard (some I would argue unfairly), Wyvern lords in a game where you mightn't have that much in the way of units to handle them and a boss that can be a bitch in the wrong circumstance.

Again, tedium with bullshit makes for worse contexts for me. Admittedly it's outright bullshit that tends to be worse maps for me though, just look at RaD or Treason

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220119_092156.jpg

Amazing bit of trivia i learned today.

So Manchunians are breast-like people?

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And that incentive is mired in severe slowdown that biases hard (some I would argue unfairly), Wyvern lords in a game where you mightn't have that much in the way of units to handle them and a boss that can be a bitch in the wrong circumstance.

Again, tedium with bullshit makes for worse contexts for me. Admittedly it's outright bullshit that tends to be worse maps for me though, just look at RaD or Treason

Oh yeah, Nabata 2 wasn't the worst map. It was really annoying, but in a rather inoffensive way. The action was localized entirely on my side of the map, Pent took care of the rest. Before long it was effectively over.

Genesis, though. Hoo wee, what a map. Thank God for the ability to skip it.