Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, Nabata 2 wasn't the worst map. It was really annoying, but in a rather inoffensive way. The action was localized entirely on my side of the map, Pent took care of the rest. Before long it was effectively over.

Genesis, though. Hoo wee, what a map. Thank God for the ability to skip it.

Well, it adds bullshit when you try to get Pent to stop fighting. Also Genesis if you actually go for it. Because not even I am going to argue that all those powerful mages don't give a reason to be utterly terrified.

Those maps and 14x combined really make Nabata out to be a land of sand and bullcrap. Not unmanagable, but I can see them being a mess if you don't utilise all you have.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Wow, the final battle in the deepists story kind of drops the ball. The map is just stuffed to the brim with powerful enemies, there are way too many!

Yeah, Deepists have the weirdest difficulty increase in the final battle. It's a cool battle, but it's a little jarring when the rest of the campaign is pretty much smooth sailing.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

The only reason I got though that was because the game decided to be very nice and teleport all of your characters to the boss room when you open the door.

That, and the bosses are super underwhelming compared to their protectors. That is also a jarring combat part.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think I got the best ending? The game ended with me killing the leaders of the cult and a little thing at the end about how life is better with immortality because it’s more valuable or something. I can’t imagine what I could have done differently, I won every battle and I’m pretty sure the only story choice I encountered (one of the party members accepting the cultists’ offer or none of them doing so, I chose the latter of which) I chose correctly in.

I don't think the ending changes there. Only thing that can change with the previous choice is that you get a neat scene where the character who defected to the Deepists rejoins you in the final battle, giving you an extra character to use. It was a nice detail they acknowledged his reunion with his daughter in my playthrough, too.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I still don’t know that many skills yet, especially for mages. How good my mages are usually just depends on whatever stuff is lying around to interfuse with. But that all sounds pretty good!

Yeah, I'm mitigated on the mage front. It's interesting as a concept, but the other classes are so much more reliable (well, except when you get ignite+. Then you just say "Fire goes brrrr" and everything in sight dies). There are some builds that can work, but typically, I limit a team to one mage because they're rarely all that useful.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yep, range is the problem. But even then, it’s just a matter of going up to the ranged enemy and whacking them once. They should die immediately if it’s a warrior doing that, and those enemies shouldn’t be doing too much damage to a warrior in the first place if they’re not using magic.

Which they probably won’t. At least so far, enemy magic has been incredibly rare. I’ve seen it like three times.

Hmm... you do need the movement to get to them too. Windwalk can help you with that, but you have limited skills and the + skills are often worth it.

Wait until you fight Thrixl a lot. Those mages are ridiculously annoying. Oh, and the Morthagi has got a magic damage ranged enemy as their second tier enemy, and one that spits fire in a cone to your entire team. Oh, that makes me think, for the calamities, my recommendation is to prevent all calamities for the main enemy you're facing and leave the others be. You should be facing way more battles for the main enemy in each campaign anyway, and you don't want the main battles to come with overpowered enemies, but you also wanna keep some LP, especially since you can use it at the end to gear up.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Evan with a move level is the stuff of nightmares. For the enemy, that is.

Tell me about it. Not only does he crit everything in sight but he's somehow my most defensive unit, with middling res that can work well enough against mages too. He's insane.

It's not that bad. The bazillion side objectives sound daunting, but they really only entail recruiting the recruitable and killing a boss that charges at you anyway. Only important point is that you have to remember not to kill the throne defender. That'd be... an unfortunate mishap.

Do I feel talk from experience here? XD

Remember how I said that half the problem with Daedalus is that he's boring? None of his skills make a difference, and his stat distribution is just Hector. That's all he is, he's Hector in SGW. Super uninspired unit, really boring and unrewarding to use, not even that powerful.

Well, here's the kicker: He's force-deployed for the entire game. So yeah. Have fun dragging his worthless behind around for the rest of the campaign.

Aaah, I had a feeling, being a lord and with how they explained his character. I had hoped the twist was that he'd turn his back on you and be at the level you trained him to, but he felt too vanilla for that. Oh well... I guess I'll still use him to mercy enemies here and there so that he's not completely worthless.

Ah yeah, the good ol' problem. I've been without attachment room for years. Eventually you just learn to use an image host and forget about it.

It's such an odd design choice. At least I have an imgur account now. I seriously considered whether the size of the thread itself was the problem XD

Ah yes, everyone's favorite map: Race against Pent to get enough experience so that you get the awful gaiden chapter. In the desert, with fog. Because this game is awesome.

Not to mention that there is no way to figure out the requirement unless you looked it up.

In the latest Vandal Hearts 2 map, I found a plug. The plug's description mentioned the name of another map I'd already been to. Apparently this plug has drained a swamp on the other side of the world.

What a bizarre game this is sometimes...

36 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Tell me about it. Not only does he crit everything in sight but he's somehow my most defensive unit, with middling res that can work well enough against mages too. He's insane.

Not somehow. Evan is one of the tankiest units in the game. He serves as your earlygame healer, tank and nuke, all at once, without the need for a promotion. In fact, promoting only really serves to increase his staff rank.

Evan's amazing.

Do I feel talk from experience here? XD

Haha, nah, not really. I would've just rewinded if I did anyway.

Aaah, I had a feeling, being a lord and with how they explained his character. I had hoped the twist was that he'd turn his back on you and be at the level you trained him to, but he felt too vanilla for that.

You know? That would've been amazing. Too bad.

Oh well... I guess I'll still use him to mercy enemies here and there so that he's not completely worthless.

That's not a bad idea.

It's such an odd design choice. At least I have an imgur account now. I seriously considered whether the size of the thread itself was the problem XD

Well, images are heavy, and Serenes isn't intended to be an image host. If they let everyone upload thousands of images, it could wreck havoc on their servers. I understand their reasons. I just wish they made it clearer that there's a strict limit to how many files you can upload.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not to mention that there is no way to figure out the requirement unless you looked it up.

Well yeah, but that goes for a lot of sidequests in FE and KagaSaga both.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

When it comes to BS, which ones do?

Maybe 13x in the tutorial text? The Fortunes? That's all I can think of in terms of where they'd say it and I haven't found the Fortune text to make sure.

4 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

GAMEFREAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK

Well those look poor in 3D.

I could see the Typlosion being decent in an actual art style, but here it ends up bland (I would say lifeless but it's ghost type apparently so that actually is appropriate), Decidueye would work with less fluffy legs but the face feels like it's a different line and Samurott... It doesn't look all that different, but it is edgy. Still the best of the lot though.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well yeah, but that goes for a lot of sidequests in FE and KagaSaga both.

I mean, Tear Ring Saga doesn't even have extra maps. It has a single case of an alternate map, but that's simple the case of picking between two different seize points. You are also told about it at the start of the map.

Most Berwick Saga sidequests are always available. The exceptions are those requiring a specific character to be alive/healthy.
Then there are the 4 mercenary maps, which simply unlock naturally as said mercenaries are being used and become stronger.

Vestaria Saga flatout doesn't have any optional maps or alternate routes.

Thracia side maps do not always have a logical requirement. But said requirements are always obvious side objectives. Like rescuing civilians and therelike.
The one time there is a route split, you are directly told about it before the start of the map that you get to pick based on which escape point you are using. And if you seize the church in the center, you get to directly pick through dialog.

FE6 wasn't to great about it either, but still far less shitty. Side maps are always a matter of keeping certain characters alive beating a map in a certain number of turns. Fortunately the game always has an event happen that indicates that you were going to slow. So at least you know after the fact. Again, not great. But better then FE7 were the requirements are so random, you could go through the game dozens of times and still not figure it out by yourself. And those that have turn limits won't even tell you after the fact.

The Illia / Sacae route split is most certainly the most mysterious thing and the closest it comes to FE7 bullshit requirements. But at least it's tied to the levels of the units who are actually from that region. You would notice that eventually. ...most certainly a lot earlier then the Lioyd or Linus maps being dependent on the combined levels of the Lord trio. Or the Kenneth and Jerme maps being picked based on the EXP gained by Barte, Dorcas, Guy and Raven vs the EXP gained by Erk, Serra, Lucius and Priscilla (but not Canas).

Really, the only acceptable requirements are for the Nino map and the Fargus map. Saving Nino and Jaffar? Obvious side objective. Saving the 3 generic soldiers. Less so, but still pretty obvious.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, Tear Ring Saga doesn't even have extra maps. It has a single case of an alternate map, but that's simple the case of picking between two different seize points. You are also told about it at the start of the map.

Most Berwick Saga sidequests are always available. The exceptions are those requiring a specific character to be alive/healthy.
Then there are the 4 mercenary maps, which simply unlock naturally as said mercenaries are being used and become stronger.

Vestaria Saga flatout doesn't have any optional maps or alternate routes.

Thracia side maps do not always have a logical requirement. But said requirements are always obvious side objectives. Like rescuing civilians and therelike.
The one time there is a route split, you are directly told about it before the start of the map that you get to pick based on which escape point you are using. And if you seize the church in the center, you get to directly pick through dialog.

FE6 wasn't to great about it either, but still far less shitty. Side maps are always a matter of keeping certain characters alive beating a map in a certain number of turns. Fortunately the game always has an event happen that indicates that you were going to slow. So at least you know after the fact. Again, not great. But better then FE7 were the requirements are so random, you could go through the game dozens of times and still not figure it out by yourself.

The Illia / Sacae route split is most certainly the most mysterious thing and the closest it comes to FE7 bullshit requirements. But at least it's tied to the levels of the units who are actually from that region. You would notice that eventually. ...most certainly a lot earlier then the Lioyd or Linus maps being dependent on the combined levels of the Lord trio. Or the Kenneth and Jerme maps being picked based on the EXP gained by Barte, Dorcas, Guy and Raven vs the EXP gained by Erk, Serra, Lucius and Priscilla (but not Canas).

Really, the only acceptable requirements are for the Nino map and the Fargus map. Saving Nino and Jaffar? Obvious side objective. Saving the 3 generic soldiers. Less so, but still pretty obvious.

Yeaaah I've got to admit, you make fair points. FE has had a number of idiotic requirements in the past, but... Thinking about it, I can't really think of anything quite as ridiculous as "level up the bard up to level 7 in the tutorial mode for no reason, then kill this capped-speed guy that leaves the turn after you attack him", or "get 700 experience or more in the map with the broken NPC sage stealing your kills", or "get 50 levels with the lords in Low Experience Emblem to get a random-ass warrior instead of Wallace back."

...I'll not bring up Pale Flower of Darkness because that's basically the same situation as the Ilia/Sacae split in FE6, only just a tad more arbitrary. Neither game ever says that levelling up either group will change future maps, but I guess FE6 at least has less units in the groups and they're more obviously connected to the two route options.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Saving the 3 generic soldiers. Less so, but still pretty obvious.

And even then it's 1/3.

13x requires going to Merlinus in the corner, which doesn't immediately make sense. How must it have looked for him to just join you in Chapter 16?

10 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Sinnohbros, we lost...

That's some Pokefusions right there.

God dammit GF.

Full list of the leaks here.

Spoiler

Kinda like Sneasel but the evo is a no. Mixed on Arcanine, Lilligant just looks naked, Basculin form is as eh as the other two while the alternate evo could have been better, the Sligoo's kinda funny honestly but Goodra's ratio of body to shell is odd for it being only on it's tail, Don't even know what the snake one is, Quilfish is alright enough, but the evolution is pretty bad, as is the Ursaring.

Avalugg would be cool with smaller tusks though.

Regardless of if these renders make them look worse, some of these are too much to be fixed by in game.

Edited by Dayni

Hkr1ogM.jpg
Time to begin to Drauven storyline.

PW4N3FU.jpg
Lol, the game pretty much gives you masochism option in the bottom right. Honestly I might pick it, because protagonist crushing on the random tough girl instead of the underdog who is also his childhood friend is pretty unique. We’ll see.

36 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

GAMEFREAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKK

Why does the tall one look like-

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like the penguin lookalike with an expression like it's about to molest somebody. Great design.

Hey, I'm not the only one who sees it. Nice.

18 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Sinnohbros, we lost...

You know, even as someone who doesn't quite get the hate for SW/SH...

I understand now why people think Pokemon's dropped off in quality. Zoinks, these are pretty rough...

'Morning!

Edited by Benice

More hype for this than for Arceus now

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And even then it's 1/3.

13x requires going to Merlinus in the corner, which doesn't immediately make sense. How must it have looked for him to just join you in Chapter 16?

That's some Pokefusions right there.

God dammit GF.

Full list of the leaks here.

Reveal hidden contents

Kinda like Sneasel but the evo is a no. Mixed on Arcanine, Lilligant just looks naked, Basculin form is as eh as the other two while the alternate evo could have been better, the Sligoo's kinda funny honestly but Goodra's ratio of body to shell is odd for it being only on it's tail, Don't even know what the snake one is, Quilfish is alright enough, but the evolution is pretty bad, as is the Ursaring.

Avalugg would be cool with smaller tusks though.

Regardless of if these renders make them look worse, some of these are too much to be fixed by in game.

I was happy that they expanded the regional forms thing introduced in Alola

Now I want them to go back

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Morning, man. How's the nuzlocke going?

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yesterday was wild. Not only did Microsoft aquire Acti-Blizzard but a Tifa Lockheart hentai video was accidentally shown off for 30 seconds during an Italian senate meeting.

Best news of the day. There's a wrong way for the world to be mad, and there's a good way for the world to be mad. The latter is the latter in the case.

---

Random Exceed tidbit I shoulda mentioned last night BTW- the heroes are starting to pick up their second Overdrives, right? For most characters, this is a slightly weaker Overdrive that can hit multiple enemies (Reiji's is the only that hits four enemies, but is also the weakest) during a portion of the attack.

Xiaomu's second Overdrive is an exception to the above however, it only targets one enemy, but comes with status ailment infliction. When I read the OD's description ingame, I thought it meant it transfers whatever ailment Xiaomu herself is inflicted with to the enemy. It doesn't work that way actually. Instead, it applies a randomly chosen ailment to the enemy. And as I've learned from watching vids, the ailment infliction bypasses normal immunity, so it works on bosses. Not sure if it's still worth spending the F Gauge on it, Stun would only negate the enemy's next turn as long as you don't attack them, kinda weak, but I just wanted to point out that the option exists.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20220119_092156.jpg

Amazing bit of trivia i learned today.

Ever heard of Grand Teton National Park?

426px-Barns_grand_tetons.jpg

Named by French fur trappers roaming the region. When they saw the mountains, they called them Les Trois Tetons- "The Three Teats". I'm surprised the US gov't hasn't changed to a Native American name for the peaks, since besides "the indigenous saw and lived with the mountains first" the current name isn't exactly family-friendly. They did swap Mt. McKinley for the indigenous Denali during the Obama administration, there's precedent.

4 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Sinnohbros, we lost...

I was fine with the ring around Arceus. On Dialga and Palkia however, it looks like they've severe weight issues and have opted to wear external stomach bands to limit food intake.

...No 1000-arm Arceus?😢

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Now I want them to go back

FUCK GO BACK - Album on Imgur

The worst part is I don't hate the lot, but it's hard to defend this in the cold light of renders and in game it's not going to improve much as I doubt there's much animation variety.

3 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

More hype for this than for Arceus now

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

Personally I am anything but interested in this.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was fine with the ring around Arceus. On Dialga and Palkia however, it looks like they've severe weight issues and have opted to wear external stomach bands to limit food intake.

...No 1000-arm Arceus?😢

Indeed not.

Arceus as a superboss with Unown integrated into the battle would have been cool.

Now we'll never see it happen.

37 minutes ago, Awakened_06_ said:

Morning, man. How's the nuzlocke going?

It's going. I would be updating it more often, but the semester's ending next week and the teachers are cramming in as much work as they can because we missed a week. I do have a half day at school today, so I could update it, but I also need to write my WYBO entry...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not somehow. Evan is one of the tankiest units in the game. He serves as your earlygame healer, tank and nuke, all at once, without the need for a promotion. In fact, promoting only really serves to increase his staff rank.

Evan's amazing.

Aww, he doesn't gain movement upon promotion? Then again, there's OP and there's ridiculous XD Not that Evan doesn't already fall in the latter though.

Haha, nah, not really. I would've just rewinded if I did anyway.

Hahaha, I always play like that on emu. To me, not doing it is basically just adding frustration for not much gains. It does improve your strategic ability faster I imagine, as you'll try safer and different approaches to survive and complete everything.

Well, images are heavy, and Serenes isn't intended to be an image host. If they let everyone upload thousands of images, it could wreck havoc on their servers. I understand their reasons. I just wish they made it clearer that there's a strict limit to how many files you can upload.

True enough. The fact the uploaded images are kinda hidden is mostly what I find confusing actually. It's a menu within a menu, and even when you try to upload through links, it'll go red without any explanation. Clearer instructions would've been better indeed.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Lol, the game pretty much gives you masochism option in the bottom right. Honestly I might pick it, because protagonist crushing on the random tough girl instead of the underdog who is also his childhood friend is pretty unique. We’ll see.

Hahaha, I especially like his only comment about her is "She's crazy". I also really like the "Stick fights are boring" choice just because of its clash with a "sudden realization" though I always find relationships heighten the game with the tidbits they add here and there, so I tend to go for either other option.

I beat Crazed Beast earlier.

It's kinda sad how easy the game's gotten. Serra just breaks everything.

Anyway, the man, the myth, the legend.

https://images2.imgbox.com/c6/1b/Y3TBYBLW_o.png

Carjiga promotes. He's utterly worthless lol. But I mean, what am I gonna do, replace him with Hawkeye? I need some form of entertainment, this game gets more and more boring each map.

29 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Aww, he doesn't gain movement upon promotion? Then again, there's OP and there's ridiculous XD Not that Evan doesn't already fall in the latter though.

He does. I'm just saying that he doesn't get anything too special, like a new weapon type or any stats he desperately needs, like other units. He just gains the usual, movement, some stats, staff rank. Evan is so insanely versatile at base that he's low priority for promotion, I feel. Especially considering his second class skill... Worth waiting till level 20 for it, I'd say. The skill itself comes in handy a few times, and Evan isn't in any hurry to promote.

29 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Hahaha, I always play like that on emu. To me, not doing it is basically just adding frustration for not much gains. It does improve your strategic ability faster I imagine, as you'll try safer and different approaches to survive and complete everything.

Yes, that's a fair outlook on things.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

need some form of entertainment, this game gets more and more boring each map

Why not quickly edit the class growths, then? It takes all of... 5 minutes?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Why not quickly edit the class growths, then? It takes all of... 5 minutes?

Enemies being weak is far from the game's only problem. I'd rather just let Serra eat up the rest of the game and get on with it, at this point. It's shaping up to be another Awakening situation.

Good morning! I feel nice and refreshed and ready to take on more of Conquest's bullshit.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly I'd rather have her than the royals, at least her design's rad.

No, that's normal. Conquest lategame is extremely unforgiving. You have to play at the top of your game, and if you make one mistake (or worse, get screwed by the RNG and miss a high roll), you have to go back to the beginning. It requires a certain mindset, and if you need to take a break, by all means, go for it. I myself dropped the game on my first run, even though my team was perfectly valid, because it was just too much for me.

I took a short break yesterday and returned to the chapter with a much calmer mindset. I managed to complete it with relative ease with only the loss of a single unit.

...Sorry, Camilla. I completely forgot how much ballistae hurt you.

But yeah, I managed to get through it all in good fun, I guess I was dealing with the exhaustion from all the previous chapters that I just needed a breather before continuing.

...Well I did abuse battle saves whenever I made a mistake but hey, as long as it works.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Nabata was a mistake

(As for stopping Pent, it'd be good if you could get a flier there. The only problem is the FoW in HHM. yay /s

I would think this should be useable still, but the lategame for Conquest is stressful.

I'll give some general advice for the wall itself The ballista don't kill (you can get them to focus fire on targets like Azura for distractions, but Fliers can do this better and they can be backpacks climbing up), if you climb up and then retreat from it the enemies fall back and while Takumi's a pain you can have him fight on EP by leaving everyone else out of ballista range. I don't remember how much less in skills Normal has against Hard off the top of my head but I don't think the snipers have L&D for instance.

Hey! I managed to figure out some of this on my own! Good job, me.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Fortunately for society, Estelle is here to deliver judgement on the heretics.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Theodore Roosevelt quote: Speak softly and carry a big ...

Pale Flower of Darkness done too. I need to take some staves from Serra and give her more tomes, she keeps running out on me.

...You know what sucks, though? To get Ursula, I have to carry Hector's level 5 ass to her. That's gonna be fun.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well I did abuse battle saves whenever I made a mistake but hey, as long as it works.

And how do you think the rest of us cope with Conquest lololololol

Honestly though, my proudest moment was beating Takumi's Fun Castle in lunatic without save states. I mean, I made a couple for peace of mind, but they weren't needed. That was great.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I beat Crazed Beast earlier.

It's kinda sad how easy the game's gotten. Serra just breaks everything.

Anyway, the man, the myth, the legend.

https://images2.imgbox.com/c6/1b/Y3TBYBLW_o.png

Carjiga promotes. He's utterly worthless lol. But I mean, what am I gonna do, replace him with Hawkeye? I need some form of entertainment, this game gets more and more boring each map.

Oh god. That's not pretty to see XD

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He does. I'm just saying that he doesn't get anything too special, like a new weapon type or any stats he desperately needs, like other units. He just gains the usual, movement, some stats, staff rank. Evan is so insanely versatile at base that he's low priority for promotion, I feel. Especially considering his second class skill... Worth waiting till level 20 for it, I'd say. The skill itself comes in handy a few times, and Evan isn't in any hurry to promote.

I'm waiting for lvl 20 for everyone so far. My inventory doesn't like it, but I prefer getting the class skills earlier. I considered the opposite for Ricky because he's already maxed out his skill, but I realized afterwards Pirate is a tier 2 class and I'll have to wait for lvl 20 either way. My first promotions should be Evan and Lex, who are sitting at lvl 19 and 18 with lots of exp respectively. They'll probably get to it this map, so I provided them the seal in inventory. Sadly, car dude can't be deployed because I overabused him in the last map. His start is meh, but now he just hits everything in sight without any trouble and deals massive damage to everyone. And he's defensive enough that Wrath actually has a use on him. I haven't used his suicidal brother whose name is almost Brother as well, but I figured a soldier whose gimmick is to dance with death would not be a unit that would fare long in my army.