Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

have to carry Hector's level 5 ass to her. That's gonna be fun.

Cog of Destiny is gonna be a nightmare with a Hector that underleveled...

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Oh god. That's not pretty to see XD

He exists!

I'm waiting for lvl 20 for everyone so far. My inventory doesn't like it, but I prefer getting the class skills earlier. I considered the opposite for Ricky because he's already maxed out his skill, but I realized afterwards Pirate is a tier 2 class and I'll have to wait for lvl 20 either way. My first promotions should be Evan and Lex, who are sitting at lvl 19 and 18 with lots of exp respectively. They'll probably get to it this map, so I provided them the seal in inventory. Sadly, car dude can't be deployed because I overabused him in the last map. His start is meh, but now he just hits everything in sight without any trouble and deals massive damage to everyone. And he's defensive enough that Wrath actually has a use on him. I haven't used his suicidal brother whose name is almost Brother as well, but I figured a soldier whose gimmick is to dance with death would not be a unit that would fare long in my army.

Germano, huh. I've only used him once, I think. Not my favorite guy, but he's all right.

Just now, Benice said:

Cog of Destiny is gonna be a nightmare with a Hector that underleveled...

Or I can use Serra. Honestly, at this point I'm starting to doubt there's anything that can stop me. Serra is too powerful.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

...Sorry, Camilla. I completely forgot how much ballistae hurt you.

But yeah, I managed to get through it all in good fun, I guess I was dealing with the exhaustion from all the previous chapters that I just needed a breather before continuing.

...Well I did abuse battle saves whenever I made a mistake but hey, as long as it works.

I mean, I can't blame you.

For the next chapter, definitely take full advantage of the dragon veins with how few fliers you have. Those will help move your army faster, especially if you go for a quick clear.

And how do you think the rest of us cope with Conquest lololololol

I die inside

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though, my proudest moment was beating Takumi's Fun Castle in lunatic without save states. I mean, I made a couple for peace of mind, but they weren't needed. That was great.

In games saves are different in fairness.

You can't use them in Classic.

ANrowBd.png

What a truly engaging original character. The inspiration is subtle and the added details just bring forth the character in such a moving and riveting way. Truly, the best character of the hack.

Oh no, Jafr is ded. Whatever shall I do. Not reset is an idea.

Teodor recruits Nino in this hack, by the way. That's so neat.

JAFFAR! NOOOOES! Ah, I guess it's fair, you've got bigger fish to fry. Fish that wants to fry you as well. Goodbye nightmare map that made me quit the game when I was a kid but didn,t want to lose Jaffar so I did it anyway later on.

ANrowBd.png

What a truly engaging original character. The inspiration is subtle and the added details just bring forth the character in such a moving and riveting way. Truly, the best character of the hack.

Awww, you didn't get Eren. Eren is a red-haired Arran with a 10% move growth. He's hilarious. The pros say Aoifye is better. Can't say I've ever used him, so you tell me.

JAFFAR! NOOOOES! Ah, I guess it's fair, you've got bigger fish to fry. Fish that wants to fry you as well. Goodbye nightmare map that made me quit the game when I was a kid but didn,t want to lose Jaffar so I did it anyway later on.

I don't think I'm going to do that map. I'm pretty much over this game at this point. I want to see Denning, that's the only thing keeping me from playing SoHaE to remind myself of what good GBAFE looks like.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh no, Jafr is ded. Whatever shall I do. Not reset is an idea.

Use Nino.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Use Nino.

No, I don't think I will. Too much effort. Or did you see me using Say'ri or something when I played Awakening? Fuck no, I just kept going to see how many more maps I could obliterate with the Panneminator.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What does he say?

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

ANrowBd.png

A classic man for the ages.

Does he have multiple wards also fighting?

Just now, Dayni said:

What does he say?

She recognizes him as a dark mage of the Fang. He's fascinated by the Angel of Death and asks her to take him to Jaffar.

Just now, Sooks said:

But that’s what makes it funny!

But I'm so bored of this game thoe

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I mean, I can't blame you.

For the next chapter, definitely take full advantage of the dragon veins with how few fliers you have. Those will help move your army faster, especially if you go for a quick clear.

I'll keep that in mind.

What are some pre-battle tips? What should I be spending my money on between chapters?

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And how do you think the rest of us cope with Conquest lololololol

Conquest is proving to be quite the ordeal.

I'm both excited and scared for Revelations.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awww, you didn't get Eren. Eren is a red-haired Arran with a 10% move growth. He's hilarious. The pros say Aoifye is better. Can't say I've ever used him, so you tell me.

Lol, I don't plan on using him, honestly. I'm already bleeding dry of deployment slots. He's also got abysmal growths (his only above 50 is HP). His bases are workable but he's a jack of all trades with middling stats across the board that taunts enemies with his mere existence, thus not being the tankiest (he's tanky enough though) and probably dying a lot if at all in range of enemies. Other than that, his skills are okay (Swordfaire, Canto, Luna, Provoke, Fiercestance) but nothing I find all that interesting. Also, he's got 2 res with a 10% growth. He's gonna get mangled by any long range magic. And he's got the lowest possible mov growth. I don't know what else Eren sports for skills and such, but Aoifye is a big time bench for me, and just the 10 mov growth is already more interesting that what he has to offer to me.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

A classic man for the ages.

Does he have multiple wards also fighting?

He basically gets bullied into fighting us, as a soldier beneath a revenge-mongering general, and when the MC talks to him he goes "Oh, you'll give me a chance to live? Alright then, I guess I'll join you" He also mentions he'd prefer smoking to battling at one point I believe.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

What are some pre-battle tips? What should I be spending my money on between chapters?

Many of the reinforcements are flying, which is tricky with your team but beast slayers and hunter's knives are also effective on the fliers so those can also be useful for damaging them on player phase if you have the money to spare/have them already (Keaton also does this), but the island to the west of your starting point will mainly have mages and Oni Chieftains, so having one of your better mage fighters alongside a mage like Izana or Leo to fight the latter off afterwards. Azama might as well be defeated by flying your fighter in when you're close enough. The reinforcements come in waves after passing certain points (The island I mentioned, triggering Setsuna and getting near Hinoka), but they'll be in groups of 2~3 each time and are either the fliers that can come from NW, SW and East or the mages from the West/Oni Chieftains near the boss.

Thing I should mention on the dragon vein: It raises non-fliers movement, but this includes the enemy's, so try and account for that if trying to enemy phase any of the groups. I had to reset right by the end because of using a vein and letting some enemies near the boss deal too much damage to someone.

Tonics tend to be a pretty general suggestion but unless you know what numbers you'll be needing to use them to make the difference I do think it's worth saving and I definitely wasn't bothered playing on Normal.

She recognizes him as a dark mage of the Fang. He's fascinated by the Angel of Death and asks her to take him to Jaffar.

And she agrees why?

Just now, Lorneus said:

He basically gets bullied into fighting us, as a soldier beneath a revenge-mongering general, and when the MC talks to him he goes "Oh, you'll give me a chance to live? Alright then, I guess I'll join you" He also mentions he'd prefer smoking to battling at one point I believe.

https://c.tenor.com/Qwf1iQetLQsAAAAC/oh-thats-so-deep.gif

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Or I can use Serra. Honestly, at this point I'm starting to doubt there's anything that can stop me. Serra is too powerful.

Those enemies have somuch res, though, I don't know that she'll do that much.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Use Nino.

Correct.

29 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Goodbye nightmare map that made me quit the game when I was a kid

Hey, me too! I mean, I was 13 and I'm only 16 now, but still, it also made me drop it.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, me too! I mean, I was 13 and I'm only 16 now, but still, it also made me drop it.

Haha, it's both my favorite and most hated map of the game. It's quite rewarding and has some good moments, it allows you to take revenge on Sonia from Nino, it gives you Jaffar and a Fell Contract, but the bridges are horrendous. When I did the run where I trained Florina, she did make half the map trivial though, so there's always that. Though I always took the opportunity to train Nino as well. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...You know what sucks, though? To get Ursula, I have to carry Hector's level 5 ass to her. That's gonna be fun.

Carry the Emperor’s will as your torch and you’ll overcome any obstacle! Remember the Raven Guard!

Edited by WraithReborn

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm both excited and scared for Revelations.

Generics only Rev is quite fun.

I cannot speak for normal Rev.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Those enemies have somuch res, though, I don't know that she'll do that much.

She has 24 magic.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Uncle Teodor? I mean, she already has Uncle Jan, Uncle Uhai, Uncle Legault...

Hahahaha... Oh yeah, that does make sense.

Okay, I guess I can start 13 Sentinels.

Oh and look at that, I’ve officially been playing the game for 5 minutes. It was fun while it lasted, but now all everyone except @Armagon will see about the game is a bunch of spoiler tags.

Edited by Sooks

Running an errand for my manager, so i am able to use my phone a bit.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random Exceed tidbit I shoulda mentioned last night BTW- the heroes are starting to pick up their second Overdrives, right? For most characters, this is a slightly weaker Overdrive that can hit multiple enemies (Reiji's is the only that hits four enemies, but is also the weakest) during a portion of the attack.

I think Haken has his second one unlocked. I'll have to check for the rest.

Did not realize they were slightly weaker tho.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay, I guess I can start 13 Sentinels.

Oh and look at that, I’ve officially been playing the game for 5 minutes. It was fun while it lasted, but now all everyone except @Armagon will see about the game is a bunch of spoiler tags.

Welcome to the cult-i mean, club Sooks.

FYI the difficulty in the prologue maps can't be changed so just put up with the braindead difficulty for now. Once the main game starts, you can change it and by change it i mean Intense is the only valid difficulty option.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Welcome to the cult-i mean, club Sooks.

FYI the difficulty in the prologue maps can't be changed so just put up with the braindead difficulty for now. Once the main game starts, you can change it and by change it i mean Intense is the only valid difficulty option.

Yeah I remembered you telling me that. I just finished the first battle but it was also the tutorial, so it was just press three buttons and win immediately.

I can see why you like it, considering it hasn’t been 30 minutes and the word kaiju has been used like 5 times.

Edited by Sooks