Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Man, there's a lot of pages since I went to sleep. Anything important I missed?

9 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

>implying that this has already stopped someone

0crKKjE.png

Ahh, I see. Yes, very interesting indeed.

• Replies 175.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Aahh, and here I was celebrating that I had somehow managed to silence Ursula with a 13% chance. Didn't even cheat, seriously.

Then the one merc reached Zephiel.

This map is so fucking shit and I think my run might end here, because I have zero interest in dealing with this map's bullshit just for the privilege to keep playing more FE7.

7 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Switch port:

dd0.png

20220120_081734.jpg

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Battle Before Dawn is such a fun map.

Why did anyone ever think this is the best FE, again?

People think Thracia is the best FE and i know for a fact i'd rather do Battle Before Dawn 5 times in a row than play a single map of Thracia.

Ah yeah, I forgot, Cog of Destiny is a rout map with like 60 enemy units.

Ehhh I'll do it later.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

People think Thracia is the best FE and i know for a fact i'd rather do Battle Before Dawn 5 times in a row than play a single map of Thracia.

I dunno, man. Thracia has some stinkers, but the fact that Zephiel is 100% guaranteed to die by turn 8, and there's zero chance that you'll reach him with anyone not on  a horse... Not to mention both Nino and Jaffar can die on turn 1, long before you can do anything about it... Then there's the fog, Maxime who one-rounds everything...

I'd rather do Thracia, honestly, because even at its worst, Thracia can be warpskipped. There's absolutely nothing in Thracia that cannot be solved with some warpskipping.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

kettle, meet pot.

...Uh, what? I don't get it. Fuck me, is that what you're trying to say? I mean, I really don't think disliking Battle Before Dawn is so unreasonable.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Uh, what? I don't get it. Fuck me, is that what you're trying to say? I mean, I really don't think disliking Battle Before Dawn is so unreasonable.

Essentially, you were calling me out for complaining about a game alot only to turn around and do that yourself constantly.  Another way to say hypocricy, i suppose.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Essentially, you were calling me out for complaining about a game alot only to turn around and do that yourself constantly.  Another way to say hypocricy, i suppose.

Yes, I spend every single day regretting saying that. I really shouldn't have. Sorry. Next time I'll try the Acacia way and head out when the "CS bad" cycle begins again.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I spend every single day regretting saying that. I really shouldn't have. Sorry.

It's fine, It's not like that's gonna stop me from saying the truth anyways.

If the AT Delay for Delay is changed to this:

e4e5920c5dd93e41c60302ef21597658.png

Does that make it quicker or slower? Any CS players able to enlighten me on this? (for clarity, base is 1/2 normally.) The way they have the ability worded, i'm not sure how it would work.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Loreneus Normal trainer confirmed, if we're talking anime Jigglypuff might as well too

Omg, I didn't even notice XD But, yeah, I guess that's pretty much true XD And I like to sing as well (though I'm not very good at it), so Jigglypuff would fit me as well. Could be fun to find a full team, now that I'm at 4! I think I'd add Slaking cause I'm a lazy ass and Greedent (whom I just noticed exists as I've never looked much into gen 8 ) cause I'm also often associated with squirrels.

3 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

I was more creeped out than anything. They presented it in a reslly creepy way.

It's just one example tho.

Yeah lol. Sometimes they have it at the most random of places

Well, i will post my full thoughts when i ginish it. Maybe you can decide then^^

Well, creepy's good. It can be quite realistic for that kind of scenario to be creepy. Though the pac-man priest does seem a little over-the-top XD

Yeah, that could be a good occasion ^^

45 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If the AT Delay for Delay is changed to this:

e4e5920c5dd93e41c60302ef21597658.png

Does that make it quicker or slower? Any CS players able to enlighten me on this? (for clarity, base is 1/2 normally.) The way they have the ability worded, i'm not sure how it would work.

Hmm, from how I see it, it probably makes it quicker, as the delay is reduced. For example, if the normal delay is 8 turns, then 1/2 delay would be 4 turns and 1/8 delay would be 1 turn. So basically, according to my theory, you shouldd be able to fit in 4x as much of the same attack in the same time frame. I might be mistaken though as I've never touched any game in the series and may be misunderstanding the delay mechanic. 

Edited by Lorneus

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dunno, man. Thracia has some stinkers, but the fact that Zephiel is 100% guaranteed to die by turn 8, and there's zero chance that you'll reach him with anyone not on  a horse... Not to mention both Nino and Jaffar can die on turn 1, long before you can do anything about it... Then there's the fog, Maxime who one-rounds everything...

That's why you save state.

I agree Battle before Dawn is bad. But i've played worse maps.

Good news, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is releasing on April 5th. The Gonk Droid has finally returned to us! Also, there is an option to replace the voice acting with mumbling. Will The Rise of Skywalker be improved, I wonder?

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well i did make it a mission to watch every Godzilla, King Kong, and Gamera movie ever haha.

True, I haven't done that. Some Showa Godzilla films are available on YouTube however. I don't think All Monsters Attack is one of them, but I can still share the wonders of Minilla.

Fun fact, this movie is one of the five Godzilla movies that I actually own. The others are King of the Monsters (the 1956 one, not the 2019 one), Mothra vs. Godzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla, and Rodan.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Release order in Japan, not localization order*

Unless you’re joking, which you might be. In that case, simply pain.

I was joking, yes. But if Crossbell is so important, why did it take so long to be localized?

13 hours ago, Awakened_06_ said:

You can't touch me

Estelle Trails In The Sky GIF - Estelle Trails In The Sky Anime - Discover  & Share GIFs

I'm not sure which is funnier, how casually Walter kicks her or how Estelle unceremoniously falls to the ground.

Fortunately Zin will arrive to... wait, Zin isn't in the OVA. So who rescues the party?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, I see. Yes, very interesting indeed.

I actually checked the article whose headline that is, only in my curiousness to see IRL news headlines that dampened my silly mood.

As for the article itself, it's no pictures other than headline one, and the wording is pretty tame. It's safe to read -just don't take your curiosity any further and you're fine.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yeah, I forgot, Cog of Destiny is a rout map with like 60 enemy units.

Ehhh I'll do it later.

Remember, some of the reinforcements are locked to the bridges. You don't need cross them all to proceed to victory. The battle is still won if the northern fortresses still have their Nomad Troopers/Valkyries inside throwing wild parties.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good news, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is releasing on April 5th. 

Finally! I've been waiting for these news for over a year. Thanks a lot for the heads up.

The Gonk Droid has finally returned to us! Also, there is an option to replace the voice acting with mumbling.

See, these two are a great sign. It shows they're listening to the community. I mean, sure, Gonk Droid is a meme and the mumbling comes mostly from nostalgic folks, but still. This game sounds like it's going to be great.

Will The Rise of Skywalker be improved, I wonder?

As someone who definitely cares more about the original Lego Star Wars than Star Wars itself... all I want are some cool set pieces for fights lol.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure which is funnier, how casually Walter kicks her or how Estelle unceremoniously falls to the ground.

Tell me does it happen in the games too?

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remember, some of the reinforcements are locked to the bridges. You don't need cross them all to proceed to victory. The battle is still won if the northern fortresses still have their Nomad Troopers/Valkyries inside throwing wild parties.

Oh, thanks! That's a great tip to save myself some time. When I summon the willpower to step away from Best Strategy Game on the PS1 and go back to this wonderful, wonderful little Fiya Emburem game, I'll keep it in mind.

Watching the Lego trailer right now.

Holy shit, but this doesn't look like a Lego game anymore. I remember back in my day, enemies just died in one hit and the only challenge was to find hidden items and get money to buy things. They were simple fun, nothing much more. This looks like a super fun Beat 'Em Up with a Third Person Shooter side and exploration.

Oh my God, enemies have different hurt animations depending on where you shoot them! If you hit them in the leg they grab it in pain! That's amazing, I thought I'd never see that after Perfect Dark!

Goodness. My only worry now is that this will be one of those games that's poorly optimized on PC. But it wouldn't be the first time I enjoy a game despite performance issues. I had to cap Dishonored 2 at 45 FPS and medium graphics in my old computer, and the first time I played TF2 it ran so horribly that my memories of that time are a literal slideshow.

Consider me hyped. This game looks incredible.

Just now, WraithReborn said:

A Voyage to Arcturus is weird…

There's a character called Arcturus in Berwick Saga.

That's about all I have to say about that.

Character classes?! Upgrading abilities!? What the fuck is this, the best game ever or what? Even the droids were fighting! That was one of the annoying things in the old games, a lot of utility characters were completely worthless whenever they weren't opening doors.

Also "live out your greatest Star Wars fantasies" cuts to Gonk Droid just strolling through the desert lololol they know exactly who's the target demographic here, don't they.

Of all things, the one that I don't really care for is mumble mode, actually. It's clearly there to appeal to the nostalgic fans who want a return to the old Lego days... Except in the old days, the characters didn't just mumble, they communicated through body language and pantomiming. This looks like the same cutscenes, designed with dialogue in mind, except the dialogue is gone. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to turn that on when I play the game, myself.

Jesus this looks like a treat. And since I don't care about Star Wars, I don't have to gatekeep myself from entire parts of the game like the actual Star Wars fans. Awesome!

4 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

2 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

It’s a science fiction novel from 1920.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a character called Arcturus in Berwick Saga

From the Greek meaning "bear guardian", it's the fourth brightest not-Sun star in the northern hemisphere and part of the Spring Triangle constellation.

You can thank a different game for giving me the inquisitiveness to look that up.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Watching the Lego trailer right now.

Holy shit, but this doesn't look like a Lego game anymore. I remember back in my day, enemies just died in one hit and the only challenge was to find hidden items and get money to buy things. They were simple fun, nothing much more. This looks like a super fun Beat 'Em Up with a Third Person Shooter side and exploration.

Until I got to those words, I was concerned that you were about to lament the fall of something once great. Glad to see it's just the opposite.

Never played a LEGO game myself, so I can't share in your happiness. -Though apparently LEGO didn't invent the stackable brick, yet it did innovate it in the ways that made it ever so flexible for building things. The British inventor of the LEGO predecessor went out of business feeling like their idea had been stolen.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From the Greek meaning "bear guardian", it's the fourth brightest not-Sun star in the northern hemisphere and part of the Spring Triangle constellation.

You can thank a different game for giving me the inquisitiveness to look that up.

Huh... Interesting. What game, out of curiosity?

Until I got to those words, I was concerned that you were about to lament the fall of something once great. Glad to see it's just the opposite.

Hoho, oh no, my friend. I have nostalgia for the old games, I loved them as a kid and later when I revisited them. But this looks to be on another level. This looks like a legitimately amazing game. Of course, it's anyone's guess until it actually comes out, but I'm hopeful. The trailer goes into detail quite a bit.

Never played a LEGO game myself, so I can't share in your happiness. -Though apparently LEGO didn't invent the stackable brick, yet it did innovate it in the ways that made it ever so flexible for building things. The British inventor of the LEGO predecessor went out of business feeling like their idea had been stolen.

Oof...