Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nep spin-off moment.

Well, I can appreciate the attempt, but it didnt work out. The combat was really bland, for starters. Idk where to begin with that storyline.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Meeeh I'll finish the game tomorrow. I might actually have to think a little. Serra destroys literally the entire enemy army, but there are so many units that she went through a full inventory of tomes and it wasn't enough. Then Erk got berserked twice because I am an extremely lucky man, and then Hector died to an stray enemy.

...No, actually? Heck no, I'm doing it now. There's only two maps left lol. I can do that in not much time with Serra.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Why is this a thing?

There is Fortnite Monopoly out there. As I saw that described on late night satire once (paraphrasing), "It's Fortnite -with none of the fun of the actual game".

Boardgames have the problem of being bored games to the modern electronic-screen obsessed consumer (and now find themselves in a new nadir due to the pandemic, you can't socially distance with boardgames). So if you can't wipe electronics out of existence, use their beloved IPs for your outdated cardboard recreations.

And once you learn the rules -always the first challenge to fun with boardgames- the game is kinda good. A Power Up dice was added, to be rolled every player's turn for a replication of item boxes (Banana, Lightning, Coins, Green Shell, and Blue Shell). The different characters were given two distinct abilities each- Luigi for instance if he lands on a star space can move to and buy the least expensive unowned racetrack.

Continuing with Megumi’s story, who easily had the best prologue.

Spoiler

The cat still continues to be the mustache twirling villain I see. Interesting how he calls people witches, despite literally being a black cat…

I’m more interested in that gun that’s supposed to “remove evilness” or whatever. Mainly because I don’t trust it, since it was used by someone who is evil against one of the Sentinel pilots, Gouto. He also claims it’s magic, despite this being a Sci-fi story, so I’m not sure I believe that. Then again, it is a talking cat saying that.

But Ei woke up with one in his prologue, so there definitely is something about it. Maybe the cat is also from the alternate dimension Ei is from, and that’s a dimension where cats talk. Or they actually do have guns that make someone not evil. Or both.

Oh, she just saw the cat run into the bushes, but the cat was inexplicably way further than he would have been and he thought she was crazy for having thought that? Okay, the cat is a time traveler.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Boardgames have the problem of being bored games to the modern electronic-screen obsessed consumer (and now find themselves in a new nadir due to the pandemic, you can't socially distance with boardgames). So if you can't wipe electronics out of existence, use their beloved IPs for your outdated cardboard recreations.

Blech, it's not electronics's fault for Monopoly sucking.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Power Up dice was added, to be rolled every player's turn for a replication of item boxes (Banana, Lightning, Coins, Green Shell, and Blue Shell). The different characters were given two distinct abilities each- Luigi for instance if he lands on a star space can move to and buy the least expensive unowned racetrack.

Well it's some change at least.

Ah, Monopoly. I remember my brother and cousin basically create a bunch of new cards to spice up the game.

Playing with those was... certainly interesting.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

for Monopoly sucking.

Yes, Monopoly is supposed to suck. The Landlord's Game, Monopoly's predecessor, was invented by an early 20th century lefty intellectual to educate children and adults alike about the evils of capitalism and real estate.

I don't disagree with the standard edition being bad. I and family never played it to completion, owing to the more elaborate elements and sheer length of it. Shorter and simpler however, I don't mind it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I was too lazy to disarm the entire enemy army with the mine glitch. And that led to my end when Hector's useless ass was caught by a valkyrie.

Yeah no this game is not getting ahead of Awakening. Even when it comes to being so thoroughly broken and bad that it becomes morbidly enjoyable, Blazing Sword is still worse than friggin' Awakening, of all games.

...Oh yeah, I was right all of these years. This game is complete and utter fucking shit. It has Serra in it, which saves it a little, and it lacks the massive flaws of other bottom-of-the-barrel FEs, but... It's complete and utter fucking shit still. It does everything wrong and I'm glad I've revisited it so I can say for certain. It's going to jump up a couple ranks, because again, it lacks the massive flaws of other FEs around it, but it is staying firmly under Awakening. Because it lacks Awakening's one, bizarre strength, after all.

DISCLAIMER: Never forget that this is my subjective, humble opinion and that I'm not speaking for anyone else or pretending to hold the objective truths. Just throwing that out there because I realize I sound extremely harsh.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yes, Monopoly is supposed to suck. The Landlord's Game, Monopoly's predecessor, was invented by an early 20th century lefty intellectual to educate children and adults alike about the evils of capitalism and real estate.

No matter it's original purpose, which I have heard before, it being used as it is makes it suggest we learned nothing.

Oh hey, the mod fixed Nergal's death quote. Now he namedrops his wife like he's supposed to. Coolio.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

just hate it reasonably 😉 

I'm going to regret this for the rest of my life, aren't I.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Spoiler

In Ei Sekigahara’s flashback about Morimura, aka Iori in the future, the guy with classes is called Tetsuya Ida. Tetsuya Ida is the name Shu Amiguchi introduces himself with when he goes to see past Iori in the future and what future Iori calls him in the past, meaning that Amiguchi somehow becomes one the of they key people involved in the Sentinel development/planning to save the world, since has has that conversation with Morimura/future Iori about loops and kaiju. And since I know young Amiguchi is present during Judgement Day, it looks like Iori isn’t the only one performing any “past and future self” shenanigans on doomsday.

He also says something about “loops” leaving them stuck, after Morimura says something to him about changing worlds, so it looks like they’re responsible for Ei being stuck in this world.

yU8l0bu.jpg
The galaxy brain shenanigans in this game. Six hours in and Kingdom Hearts’ timeline has nothing on this game.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you talk this way of the Goddess of Elibe.

https://images2.imgbox.com/6b/ba/eoNXAIKy_o.png

Saint

Elimine

Rules

Righteously

Above

Serra being a reincarnation of the saint confirmed?

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Saint

Elimine

Rules

Righteously

Above

Serra being a reincarnation of the saint confirmed?

Serra is no reincarnation of anybody. Serra is the true Goddess. Elimine? Fucking fraud, she was. Serra was merciful and allowed her to bask in the glory while she remained in the shadows. Because as it turns out, she's remarkably humble. She's perfect, as a goddess should be. She only pretends to be vain to mess with her little bitch boy. She knows he secretly enjoys it.

Yeah sorry I just watched her slaughter three whole armies by herself, I'm going to be in one of my moods for the rest of the night

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

This is some new hot Teehee lore

To think, if the RNG hadn't worked its magic, I would've dropped this game in the trash can ages ago.

Thanks, Serra.

Just now, Benice said:

RIP Senno, may he Breast in peace.

Senno is the funni name one, right?

You got it right. Yeah, I feel a bit bad for my man Senno, but he had a good run, and he didn't pull a Panne like Serra just did. Panne got kicked out because in her case it wasn't so unlikely to become broken. Serra, though? She has a 40% speed growth and yet it stayed ahead of her magic the whole game. I love this girl. She's the best.