Jump to content
Julizan

We L(Ike) Hellos, Games and Teehees

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Huniepop is literally on Steam tho, is there really not a tag for that sort of thing?

steam has an erotic tag, but Baldr Sky doesn't have it

And yeah steam's acceptance of lewd games is weird/random. They accept and ban the most random of things

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now play the H-version.

I can send you the H-tags if you want. Those are available on vndb as well

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's racist.

It's definetly eyebrows raising at the very least lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Armagon Is there like a nice, spoiler free guide for some of the flowcharts I can use? Some of them are just way, way too vague and I actually have no clue how to progress.

I actually have no clue what I’m meant to do in Ryoko’s story.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even then, you can barely see it. Like you can tell they are naked but it ain't being shoved in your face and nobody's gonna go "kyaaa, my clothes are gone".

Nope, they just get out the “kyaaa, my clothes are gone” in the first five minutes (Iori does this in like the second scene). Which is a prime opportunity for Ruben to drop the game.

Quote

WAIT, BILLY KAMETZ VOICES HIM?!

His voice is so distinct.

Quote

Why are you in the Wiki of 13 Sentinels?

For scientific purposes.

Edited by Sooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Not that I'd care if you did that or anything, mind you.

Oh so you want a Tsundere. Unfortunately for you, 13 Sentinels doesn’t have any of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh so you want a Tsundere. Unfortunately for you, 13 Sentinels doesn’t have any of those.

BASED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

BASED

Wait, you don’t like the archetype? Huh, never expected that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is there like a nice, spoiler free guide for some of the flowcharts I can use? Some of them are just way, way too vague and I actually have no clue how to progress.

The flowchart itself tells you what key words you need and there's never really a situation where you should get stuck (barring one specific moment in Iori's story but we'll cross that bridge when we get there) because you get these key words in order. If you feel like you're missing something, just reload the checkpoint and check your Thought Cloud. Also you can fast-forward through scenes you've already seen.

If you really really need it, tell me whose story it's for and i'll see what i can find. But really, i thought actually accessing each of the branches was pretty straight-forward. 

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For scientific purposes.

There's a chance that ends badly lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Armagon said:

The flowchart itself tells you what key words you need and there's never really a situation where you should get stuck (barring one specific moment in Iori's story but we'll cross that bridge when we get there) because you get these key words in order. If you feel like you're missing something, just reload the checkpoint and check your Thought Cloud. Also you can fast-forward through scenes you've already seen.

If you really really need it, tell me whose story it's for and i'll see what i can find. But really, i thought actually accessing each of the branches was pretty straight-forward.

Wow, you posted that just as I realized. Turns out, there’s a key part of this I was missing: you only get hints for the boxes you can access and there is a specific order you sometimes have to follow. I was going out of order, which is why I was completely clueless. The second I attempted the one I actually had a hint for, I got it immediately.

Just now, Armagon said:

There's a chance that ends badly lmao.

Ruben said that to me when I was playing Omori, too…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

knowing you, restarting is a bad idea.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the other hand, his complaints seem to be mostly how he's just breezing through, so continuing where he left off would also be a bad idea.

Great help, guys. Thank you for helping me to pick Sword of Heaven and Earth.

But yeah, that was my biggest complaint. The other one was that the plot was taking too long to go anywhere. But I might be able to handle that at least a bit better now. Or at the very least, I can use the text-heavy games I've played and loved since then to defend myself from the "Ruben don't like read" accusations.

Just now, Sooks said:

What difficulty did you pick previously?

Uuhhhhhh

Oh lol I was going to check and I remembered, yeah you can't just start this game from the shortcut, you have to start it from the Steam library. Because it's greatly made like that.

Anyway, hard. Hard is the difficulty I picked previously. There was no difficulty or depth to the gameplay in this difficulty, for the first 10 hours.

Just now, Sooks said:

Do you remember the plot?

Let's see... This is all I can recall. Yell at me if any of it is wrong.

Prologue

Best Character Cassius brought Estelle a gift. Her gift was a boy, for reasons that she did not comprehend, proceeding to question her father about his reasons for this bizarre choice of a present. This gift grew up to be an arrogant dickhead with a harmonica. The two of them performed menial tasks to become bracers, while the entire town acted like assholes and I desperately tried to love Schera, but failed. Estelle heroically fought a bunch of monsters to save a child, but then she suffered a case of cutscene incompetence and had to be saved by Cassius. Joshua immediately took the chance to be an arrogant dickhead again.

Estelle and Joshua are now officially bracers in training, I think? Cassius has left the plot because I can't have nice things, so now I get to do more menial tasks for character and world building, apparently. During one such menial task, the extremely obvious main villain appears and fools nobody. Gasp! Team Rocket has stolen... things from the mayor's safe! We pursue Team Rocket through the shittiest JRPG dungeon I've ever had the displeasure of exploring and beat them up, but they can't fall here, so they retreat on their spaceship. Afterwards, we learn that Cassius has disappeared! Team Rocket stole his airship! Gasp! We seize the opportunity to embark on a journey to collect the gym medals and become pokemon champions-- I mean, collect the bracer guild recommendations and become fully fledged bracers.

Chapter one probably

We go to the town of... Twoson, to get the first gym recommendation. On the way, we meet a guy called Agate, who fails to be the first Trails character that I can say I love. I only like Estelle so far, sorry. We commit animal cruelty on dogs and then we move on to the city, which is pretty and capitalism like. We meet the mayor and her cold maid trope. They tell us that a general Morgan is being annoying, so we go beat him up. On the way we meet Olivier, who succeeds to be the first Trails character that I can say I love. Unfortunately, beating up a military leader is not an option, so we get sent to jail. Olivier gets jailed too for reasons that I cannot remember. At some point during all of this we learn Cassius isn't really missing, he just left and is off doing his own things. He won't rejoin the plot because I can't have nice things, again.

 

That about covers everything I saw. At this point I've seen a few spoilers, out of lack of interest for the series. I can't say they enticed me to continue too much.

Just now, Armagon said:

Why are you in the Wiki of 13 Sentinels?

Because Sooks is a reckless man.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nope, they just get out the “kyaaa, my clothes are gone” in the first five minutes (Iori does this in like the second scene). Which is a prime opportunity for Ruben to drop the game.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why, Japan...!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Turns out, there’s a key part of this I was missing: you only get hints for the boxes you can access and there is a specific order you sometimes have to follow. I was going out of order, which is why I was completely clueless. The second I attempted the one I actually had a hint for, I got it immediately.

Mmhmm. Despite all the branches, you don't really get to pick-and-choose which ones to do first.

Miura probably has the most daunting-looking one with like five branches off one point but even then, you're still following an order.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

we move on to the city, which is pretty and capitalism like.

This gave me a chuckle.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why, Japan...!?

It's ok Ruben. Like i said, this game will not have any "baka hentai" shower scene moments that immediately follow up a serious scene that just happened right before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, you don’t like the archetype? Huh, never expected that.

Well

The archetype has both some of all time fav. and most hated Characters

I like them when really well done, but otherwise not a big fan

Do usually tend to prefer them over kuuderes tho, atleast.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hard is the difficulty I picked previously.

Hmm

Nightmare for a first timer might be a bit much, especially their tankiness

Edited by Shrimpresident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just introduced my friend who doesn't play FE to the best scenes in Fates, T-posing Garon and Elise x Siegfried.

He says he wants "that big booba lady" back.

He also said the Elise death scene sounds like bad incest porno, which is an absolutely priceless comment for reasons that I probably don't have to explain to you. I did explain them to him , though. He's still processing it.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Hmm

Nightmare for a first timer might be a bit much, especially their tankiness

Oh dear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He also said the Elise death scene sounds like bad incest porno, which is an absolutely priceless comment for reasons that I probably don't have to explain to you.

Lmaoooooooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why, Japan...!?

It happens one time (so far). Once!

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Prologue

Best Character Cassius brought Estelle a gift. Her gift was a boy, for reasons that she did not comprehend, proceeding to question her father about his reasons for this bizarre choice of a present. This gift grew up to be an arrogant dickhead with a harmonica. The two of them performed menial tasks to become bracers, while the entire town acted like assholes and I desperately tried to love Schera, but failed. Estelle heroically fought a bunch of monsters to save a child, but then she suffered a case of cutscene incompetence and had to be saved by Cassius. Joshua immediately took the chance to be an arrogant dickhead again.

Estelle and Joshua are now officially bracers in training, I think? Cassius has left the plot because I can't have nice things, so now I get to do more menial tasks for character and world building, apparently. During one such menial task, the extremely obvious main villain appears and fools nobody. Gasp! Team Rocket has stolen... things from the mayor's safe! We pursue Team Rocket through the shittiest JRPG dungeon I've ever had the displeasure of exploring and beat them up, but they can't fall here, so they retreat on their spaceship. Afterwards, we learn that Cassius has disappeared! Team Rocket stole his airship! Gasp! We seize the opportunity to embark on a journey to collect the gym medals and become pokemon champions-- I mean, collect the bracer guild recommendations and become fully fledged bracers.

Chapter one probably

We go to the town of... Twoson, to get the first gym recommendation. On the way, we meet a guy called Agate, who fails to be the first Trails character that I can say I love. I only like Estelle so far, sorry. We commit animal cruelty on dogs and then we move on to the city, which is pretty and capitalism like. We meet the mayor and her cold maid trope. They tell us that a general Morgan is being annoying, so we go beat him up. On the way we meet Olivier, who succeeds to be the first Trails character that I can say I love. Unfortunately, beating up a military leader is not an option, so we get sent to jail. Olivier gets jailed too for reasons that I cannot remember. At some point during all of this we learn Cassius isn't really missing, he just left and is off doing his own things. He won't rejoin the plot because I can't have nice things, again.

Well… this is surprising. Good job.

Quote

That about covers everything I saw. At this point I've seen a few spoilers, out of lack of interest for the series. I can't say they enticed me to continue too much.

Did you read about Olivier’s plot relevance? If you did and that didn’t entice you…

Also, I don’t know what nightmare is like in FC and SC, Shrimpy is that expert on that. I’d just dip your toes into your old save if you reaaally want to.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Uuhhhhhh

Oh lol I was going to check and I remembered, yeah you can't just start this game from the shortcut, you have to start it from the Steam library. Because it's greatly made like that.

Change something in the display settings, anything about how the game looks. Try it again and it should work, then revert the settings back to however you want them and it should be fine.

That happened to me too.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

kuuderes

What’s that?

Edited by Sooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It sounds horrible."

- My friend, right after I was done explaining that you can marry Elise.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did you read about Olivier’s plot relevance? If you did and that didn’t entice you…

I don't think I did, actually. All I know is that he's kind of mysterious and also the only lovable character in the games.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Also, I don’t know what nightmare is like in FC and SC, Shrimpy is that expert on that. I’d just dip your toes into your old save if you reaaally want to.

I'll see if I feel like it going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know every time I catch autocorrect hating my existence for no real reason, I wonder how many posts I’ve made where I’ve never noticed the massive nonsensical errors and how that came across.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Wait but—

Quote

Although i am kinda a sucker for Kuudere + dark past

Ah, this explains it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ah, this explains it.

yeah lol

Or well, the tropes themselves mean nothing in the end, it's how the characters grow out of the tropes.

I especially don't trust modern writers with Tsundere lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh so you want a Tsundere. Unfortunately for you, 13 Sentinels doesn’t have any of those.

I may like Mythra, who isn't that much of a tsundere anyway, but I don't inherently enjoy them more than any other archetype. Quiet and reserved girls are better.

Trails should have around a hundred female characters by now, maybe you can give everyone a favorite Trails girl instead.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Olivier gets jailed too for reasons that I cannot remember.

He opened up and drank a 500,000 mira wine without permission. The wine's owner wasn't too upset about it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having too much fun introducing my friend to all the wonderful quirks of Fates.

He's fucking horrified.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

He opened up and drank a 500,000 mira wine without permission. The wine's owner wasn't too upset about it though.

Ohhh yes. That.

Olivier really was the best character, wasn't he.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Oh so you want a Tsundere. Unfortunately for you, 13 Sentinels doesn’t have any of those.

Well heck.

It's not like I was hoping there was one or anyt-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"It sounds horrible."

- My friend, right after I was done explaining that you can marry Elise.

Because of the incest or because she is... how did the game put it... "technically an adult"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 Sentinels gameplay is so much fun. It’s not that hard but it still keeps you on your toes because you do need to be constantly on the offensive in order to not get wrecked.

Also, Tomi used to be one of my least favorites just because I thought she was boring. Now I’ve started her story and Nenji’s and she’s one of my favorites, she’s so spunky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...