Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even so, it shouldn't be a problem for Switch. To quote one Witcher 3 Switch port review.:

Porting an HD versions of the old KH games, regardless of whether their code is old or made of freshly caught & chopped sashimi, should present no real technical problems for the Switch. It's a matter of developer effort. And Square doesn't truly care about Nintendo.

It's more of a "not quite PS2 era code, but PS3 code" correction, not that I was saying it couldn't be done.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's more of a "not quite PS2 era code, but PS3 code" correction, not that I was saying it couldn't be done.

PS3 is comparible to Switch as far as run speed goes, and that ran 60 as well. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly,  i think i can see what happened. Sors got into Smash and Square saw an opportunity to make a quick buck without actually putting in the effort. The result? Cloud versions of old games with timed demos that don't actually let you even try the game.

For me, I would go with the interpretation "someone at Nintendo or the fanbase at large wrestled Square until they agreed to do something". Sure Ninty portables got CoM, 358/2 Days, and DDD in the past, which thanks to KH being KH means they matter canonically, but somehow Square still sees Ninty as not suited for the big titles in their cult-following franchise.

Sakura Wars came to Nintendo once. The more you know.

It's the only reason I knew of the franchise prior to PXZ becoming a thing. I still remember reading the one preview for the game in Nintendo Power, where the article's writer described the androgynous female's personality by citing her quip that the only difference between men and women "is a difference in plumbing". And the writer called the wheelchair-bound girl like dating your mom.

Lol 13 Sentinels just straight up quoted Clarke’s 3rd.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😳

If you mean a gay female, then good for the diversity! If a gay guy, my interest has grown in the game.

-But I'll assume you're just misreading things that shall be clarified in time. I'll doubt, as I probably should out of an abundance of very reasonable caution.

I mean a gay guy.

And according to Armagon it is actually what it seems! The game is based.

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

Usually first route is usually a lore dump route or something similiar, and there's a popular term called ''first route syndrome'' to describe that, and the games getting stronger with more routes until peaking at last route. It's not rare to have dud routes tho

This is probably the first time i like first route more than 2nd or 3rd.

Well, 3 routes more to go after this

How do you determine the number/order of routes? Do VNs with routes force you to do them in a specific order? I highly doubt that (would suck if they did), so what makes one route 1st route, the next 2nd, etc.? From what it sounds like it’s communities as a whole deciding this instead of just everyone using the order they played them in.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

How do you determine the number/order of routes? Do VNs with routes force you to do them in a specific order?

It's different from VN to VN.

The one i am playing now has a enforced route order, for example. Some stick you to a common route first, then give you the choices later or on a 2nd run, etc.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's the only reason I knew of the franchise prior to PXZ becoming a thing. I still remember reading the one preview for the game in Nintendo Power, where the article's writer described the androgynous female's personality by citing her quip that the only difference between men and women "is a difference in plumbing". And the writer called the wheelchair-bound girl like dating your mom.

Meanwhile, i found out about Sakura Wars in like middle school because i used to watch Death Battle and one of the episodes had Segata Sanshiro, so of course one of the background details was "Segata dated Sakura".

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

unknown.png

Steam really just allows anything on their storefront huh.

I would've assumed it be common sense that this gets nuked off Steam but i guess not.

What in the ever living fu- god its at the top of the god be damned New & Trending list...excuse me while I throw up a little...

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They'd probably just give him sunglasses and renamed him to Fuhrer.

I see your Persona 2 joke, but literally one of the images you can see in the side bar show his dialogue box is labeled Fuhrer...

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

enforced route order

Boooo.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Some stick you to a common route first, then give you the choices later or on a 2nd run, etc.

Booooo!

Y’know, 13 Sentinels lets you play everyone’s stories in basically whatever order you want, with one exception, and others sometimes requiring you to see a specific part of someone else’s story first.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile, i found out about Sakura Wars in like middle school because i used to watch Death Battle and one of the episodes had Segata Sanshiro, so of course one of the background details was "Segata dated Sakura".

Ah, so thats why you picked up on that in PXZ.

Funny the odd ways how people get introduced to things.😄

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

excuse me while I throw up a little...

*Gives you my puke bucket.* Him and his group have become a modern demonology, Satan is jealous of how much commodification and reverance as the World's Greatest Evil he gets, probably the vast majority of it from a white male, "manly" audience. I don't care for care for it myself whatsoever, leave him to the academics to write about, let us never let his atrocities happen again, and move on. It demeans the millions who greatly suffered and died because of him to emphasize him so.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

What happened?

Yesterday at the end of class, my French teacher gave us two really long assignments due at the start of next class.

...I left home at 8:30 in the morning for work and got home just now at 6:30, and I'm equally busy tomorrow...

Looks like it's a No-Sleep-Saturday.

Oh well, there's a lot worse in life than difficult French assignments.

'Afternoon, all, I suppose.

My 13 Sentinels theory crafting needs to be adjusted.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

Spoiler

Before I thought that Tomi was an android the entire time. But the android was created in the likeness of Tomi Kisaragi, meaning there is an OG as well, and when the android does show up (in the bathroom with robot Tamao) she has bandages over her leg where android Tomi’s fake skin had worn off in an earlier flashback. So I think there were actually too Tomis running around in 1985, the real one and the android. Tamao sort of became Eirika Aiba and Nenji tells Yuki that she isn’t Eirika (doesn’t look like her), so Tamao was probably an android from the very beginning. If I had to guess, the OG Tamao is the one from 1944 and her in the present has always been an android. Of course, this is assuming that both androids are based off of consciousnesses/humans from the different sectors, it’s very possible that their OG selves are the ones outside the sectors, that gave their DNA to the Interstellar Development Project. I still think there’s probably two of each though.

BJ also says he was a sentinel pilot but had to put his consciousness into the robot or something along those lines, and android Tamao calls him Miura in the bathroom, so I’m guessing it’s Moira’s consciousness/memories/whatever that are in the robot.

You know

FJwn4UWXIAY8TYz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Dathomir's always been a cool place within the Star Wars universe but in this game, it's actually pretty to look at too. Back in Clone Wars, we never really saw much of it outside the essentials.

Knowing that this game takes place after the Separatists committed genocide on the Nightsisters (a.k.a Star Wars' version of witches) and as such, Cal is probably the first person to even come to this planet in a long time gives this a sad feeling too kinda (even if people rarely travelled to Dathomir in the first place).

I was so caught up by the tragedy of the Nightsisters that i didn't think that the Nightbrothers would be kicking my ass lmao.

Yeah, IIRC Dathomir's a lategame area, so I don't think you have to be doing it right away if you're finding it too tough.

SORRY I KNOW I BACKSEAT TOO MUCH EVEN FOR GAMES I HAVEN'T PLAYED PROPER

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yeah, IIRC Dathomir's a lategame area, so I don't think you have to be doing it right away if you're finding it too tough.

Except that's the main objective right now. I could've technically gone to Dathomir earlier but i doubt i would've been able to get that far without all the upgrades that i've aquired so far.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Except that's the main objective right now. I could've technically gone to Dathomir earlier but i doubt i would've been able to get that far without all the upgrades that i've aquired so far.

Ah, my bad.

...Thi is what I get for backseating.