Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I hope you get a good one!

^^

I've an old picture that is very good, but i don't think they will accept it since it's well, old, and they need a ''current picture''

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

^^

I've an old picture that is very good, but i don't think they will accept it since it's well, old, and they need a ''current picture''

That they do, which in this case is a shame, but nothing to be done.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That they do, which in this case is a shame, but nothing to be done.

Honestly, i should just shell out a bit more money than usual and find a good photograph. It's only every 6/10 years that you get a new passport/ID, after all xD

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i should just shell out a bit more money than usual and find a good photograph. It's only every 6/10 years that you get a new passport/ID, after all xD

That might not be such a bad idea, actually!

On another matter, i am thinking about making a full spread sheet with the games i played...

Game/Genre/Status/Gameplay/Characters/Story/Music/Misc/Overall/Notes.

a pain to make though

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

But honestly, I didn't expect it to go this quickly. I had thought "well, I'll at least need a full year before I get her there", but here I am, still in the game's first month, and her LP is at 6, halfway to 7.
Neat!

I can't judge RF4, but I'm pretty sure that if you intend for a faster pace, that you could marry and finish the story in a year in every other RF game. I think RF1 took me into the first week or two of Spring of the second year, and thats only because one of the dungeons is in the middle of a lake and can only be reached in the Winter, so story progress came to a screeching halt around Fall or even late Summer. RF2 I dragged out Gen 1 for a full year, but if you rush it it could be over by Summer, and I can envision then completing it in the first year of Gen 2. RFF I finished sometime in Winter methinks, or maybe early Spring again.

As I see it, anything after the first year or maybe year and two months if you're going at little slower, will likely end up being optional and mostly postgame for if you enjoy the calming repetition. I think I like it this way, keeps the game from dragging for those who want to go faster.

And if you want to feel some slowdown, let me tell you of the mountain and town cottages you could get in Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. The town house required 999 lumber and 100,000,000 G to build, while the mountain house you got free from your wife, on your 50th anniversary.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Depending on the number of games you've played, that sounds like quite the undertaking!
Especially if you're like me and forget some games you've played, like I did when I made my "every game I've ever played" tier list.

Steam already has most of my games , so it's not that bad. I just need to remember console and emulated games... xD

I also have the ''every game'' tier list, which will help alot

The cool thing about my NG+ Bringer of Chaos run is that i really don't have to do that many sidequests this time around since all of that bonus EXP gets carried over from the previous playthrough and deleveling further adds to the pile. I also bonded Sheba to Rex although i don't know for how long i'll use Ether Cannons in this run. The auto-attack rate for Ether Cannons are pretty slow and it's the only weapon type where no character is capable of auto-attack canceling with them. Not that they are bad but they are definitely less viable in BoC compared to other weapon types.

Anyways, i'm in Uraya now and i got my ass kicked by the Arachno Queen boss fight. Had to use bonus EXP to level up to Lv.25. I learned the hard way that Rage Strikes reduce the Party Gauge by a half-bar per hit. So if an Enraged enemy uses a Rage Strike and it hits all three party members, then the Party Gauge is basically deleted.

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon

Where are the Xenoblade 2 updates at?

I need some Xenoblade 2 updates! XD

Just keep an eye out. I didn't get to play much yesterday.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I, uh, confess that I barely used them in Ryza.

I didn't really use them either.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I confess, I haven't watched anything beyond the first season of that. I should probably get on that somewhat soon...

Oh i thought you had already.

Yeah, they're pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if you want to feel some slowdown, let me tell you of the mountain and town cottages you could get in Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. The town house required 999 lumber and 100,000,000 G to build, while the mountain house you got free from your wife, on your 50th anniversary.

Rune Factory 4 also has something similar. There's a house in Autumn Road that you can buy for an extremely expensive amount of gold. I never got close to that, not even on my 3DS file.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't judge RF4, but I'm pretty sure that if you intend for a faster pace, that you could marry and finish the story in a year in every other RF game. I think RF1 took me into the first week or two of Spring of the second year, and thats only because one of the dungeons is in the middle of a lake and can only be reached in the Winter, so story progress came to a screeching halt around Fall or even late Summer. RF2 I dragged out Gen 1 for a full year, but if you rush it it could be over by Summer, and I can envision then completing it in the first year of Gen 2. RFF I finished sometime in Winter methinks, or maybe early Spring again.

I heard through the grapevine (i.e. read it in the posts of other people playing the game) that RF4 has at least three acts, but I don't know how long each individual act is.
I think one in-game year sounds fair for the main story in a game like this. I do like that you can tackle it at your own pace, too, but I honestly don't see myself completing the main story during the first year, because I am already somewhat struggling with battles due to what I think is lackluster equipment and I'll need to gather much more resources to craft new equipment or reinforce my old equipment.
On the other hand, maybe it's just my own incompetence at the game that gives me that impression, which is a distinct possibility. 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I see it, anything after the first year or maybe year and two months if you're going at little slower, will likely end up being optional and mostly postgame for if you enjoy the calming repetition. I think I like it this way, keeps the game from dragging for those who want to go faster.

I like this aspect of the game, as well. I enjoy not feeling pressured to continue, that the game lets me play at my own pace, even if it is slower than necessary.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Holy--!
I already find getting 10,000 Gold for a bigger room to be a daunting task, but this? Wow.

I guess this is to reward players who stick with the game for a long time, in which case, I actually like this.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Steam already has most of my games , so it's not that bad. I just need to remember console and emulated games... xD

I also have the ''every game'' tier list, which will help alot

That's good, then!
Have fun if you end up doing it! ^^

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i thought you had already.

Yeah, they're pretty good.

Alright! Then I'll add season 2 onwards to my "watchlist"!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Rune Factory 4 also has something similar. There's a house in Autumn Road that you can buy for an extremely expensive amount of gold. I never got close to that, not even on my 3DS file.

Neato!
Maybe I'll get it... somehow. We'll see!

Yeah... I never got those cottages in FoMT.

In fact, the farthest I ever played was like Year 4-5, and mostly so I could see the rival marriage events. After I long had my own. lol

FcFZ4oZ.jpg

....... It's so tempting.......... but I have to control myself since the majority wanted to pair Joker with Kasumi.

It's kinda sad since I couldn't start her support in regular P5 soon enough and now someone else stole Joker...

Since I'm not tempted to play this game again Haru will never conquer Joker's heart. :,(

13 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

FcFZ4oZ.jpg

....... It's so tempting.......... but I have to control myself since the majority wanted to pair Joker with Kasumi.

It's kinda sad since I couldn't start her support in regular P5 soon enough and now someone else stole Joker...

Since I'm not tempted to play this game again Haru will never conquer Joker's heart. :,(

Poor Haru.
I really feel bad for her. She takes the friendship route the hardest out of everyone.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Holy--!
I already find getting 10,000 Gold for a bigger room to be a daunting task, but this? Wow.

I guess this is to reward players who stick with the game for a long time, in which case, I actually like this.

"Trophy wives" have existed in Story of Seasons as well, which, other than maybe Mei from the first RF, don't exist in RF. To cite the egregious examples from HMDS:

• Harvest Goddess
    • Ship 10000 of 1 specific item (can be any)
    • Catch 1000 of 1 specific fish (can be any)
    • Give her 500 gifts, and you can only give her 1 a day.
    • Be in at least your 5th year.
    • Ship 1 of every item in the game.
    • Find all 101 Harvest Sprites.
  • Keira- She likes rare things, but the real problem is she sleeps on the 255th floor of a mine, so you have to go there every time you want to woo her.
  • Witch Princess
    • 10000 gifts given to her. Can give multiple in a day, but they must be handed one at a time, and only the first gives LP.
    • Pass out from exhaustion at least 100 times.
    • Litter 10 times.
    • Let 50 of your animals die.
    • Donate a toadstool at the Harvest Festival for five years.

And both the Harvest Goddess and Witch Princess have lists of tedious things you can do to boost their LP besides gift-giving.

None of these wives offer anything other than bragging rights, the Harvest Goddess doesn't even sleep with you.

---

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/ys_ix_monstrum_nox_is_coming_to_switch_in_summer_2021_following_a_ps4_debut_in_february

A more concrete release date. @Shrimperor please use spoilers Your Majesty Imperator of the Crustaceans Tastiest When Coated in Coconut if you intend to get this game on PS4 and post stuff here. I'll be waiting the Switch version (I don't care if there are frame rate issues) and Summer works great for me.

25 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Rest well!

Thanks^^

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

if you intend to get this game on PS4

I don't have a PS4, so we are in the same boat since i will be waiting for a steam release

Haru was the only female playable character in regular Persona 5 who had an actual personality development in her support with Joker.

Neither Ann nor Makoto had / has it.

And Haru is by the most handsome character who also helps the team by making SP items.

At the end a typical Omegaevolution bossfight:

Spoiler

Edited by Julian Teehee

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Trophy wives" have existed in Story of Seasons as well, which, other than maybe Mei from the first RF, don't exist in RF. To cite the egregious examples from HMDS:

• Harvest Goddess
    • Ship 10000 of 1 specific item (can be any)
    • Catch 1000 of 1 specific fish (can be any)
    • Give her 500 gifts, and you can only give her 1 a day.
    • Be in at least your 5th year.
    • Ship 1 of every item in the game.
    • Find all 101 Harvest Sprites.
  • Keira- She likes rare things, but the real problem is she sleeps on the 255th floor of a mine, so you have to go there every time you want to woo her.
  • Witch Princess
    • 10000 gifts given to her. Can give multiple in a day, but they must be handed one at a time, and only the first gives LP.
    • Pass out from exhaustion at least 100 times.
    • Litter 10 times.
    • Let 50 of your animals die.
    • Donate a toadstool at the Harvest Festival for five years.

And both the Harvest Goddess and Witch Princess have lists of tedious things you can do to boost their LP besides gift-giving.

None of these wives offer anything other than bragging rights, the Harvest Goddess doesn't even sleep with you.

Oh, so it's only specific characters? That's a shame, then.
Also, some of those things really do sound tedious, and even cruel in one case (let 50 of your animals die? What the heck, game?). Are these characters likeable, at least?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks^^

👍

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Haru is the only female playable character in regular Persona 5 who had an actual personality development in her support with Joker.

I'd argue Futaba had a lot of that, too, what with her becoming much more open and learning to do things on her own.
But I agree, Haru's character arc was very compelling.
It's just a shame she came in so late, so she had very little screentime.

With playable I meant controllable and Futaba isn't unfortunately, but otherwise I agree. The support with father and daughter are both great. I just have maxed Sojiro's rank. He's such a nice guy at the end who made a 180° change in terms of trust towards Joker. Unfortunately I still have a long way to go with Futaba (level 5 atm).

5 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

With playable I meant controllable and Futaba isn't unfortunately, but otherwise I agree. The support with father and daughter are both great. I just have maxed Sojiro's rank. He's such a nice guy at the end who made a 180° change in terms of trust towards Joker. Unfortunately I still have a long way to go with Futaba (level 5 atm).

Ah, I see!
Yeah, I definitely agree with you on Sojiro and Futaba. I like them both a lot!
Good luck with your further endeavors!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, so it's only specific characters? That's a shame, then.
Also, some of those things really do sound tedious, and even cruel in one case (let 50 of your animals die? What the heck, game?). Are these characters likeable, at least?

Yeah, the other girls in the game are normal with ordinary marriage requirements.

I've never played HMDS, so I can't say whether they're worth it. Although Keira from what I read basically just sleeps with a sign next to her for communication for having been cursed to lose her voice. The Harvest Goddess shows up in the vast majority of Story of Season, I've seen her in some of them, so marrying her is marrying an icon of the franchise. As for the Witch Princess, I'm told she's a mischief maker, and if you really love her, you'll go out of your way to litter 10 million times and let 1000 animals die of neglect/sickness. Her later appearances in the franchise removed the mandatory cruelty.

This Ventuswill sounds like she'd make an ideal challenging-to-get spouse. For a male challenging counterpart, I'll just say More Friends of Mineral Town and the remake let you wed this:

Spoiler

marriage_gourmet.jpg

Between him and the kappa who do you think is more surreal...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This Ventuswill sounds like she'd make an ideal challenging-to-get spouse. 

You'd think, but she's not an option actually.

Edited by Acacia Sgt