Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seriously? How hasn't the US realized voting in favor of these UN assertions means absolutely nothing about society, culture, and economics has to actually change? Does it not realize how many corrupt and or inept regimes across the political spectrum have voted in favor of these? It's all purely paper promises.

Oh yeah, these votes mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. It's just that, of course the US would vote against a basic and free access to food. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and all that nonsense.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

(even though One Piece's length is why I can never get into it)

Maybe one day when it actually finishes.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I even started the break at the best part, when best boy joins the party...

Sabaku no wa

tumblr_oz3kgoZlHV1vpufzbo1_400.gifv

ORE NO STANDO DA

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I can't really explain it well because my JRPG brain is tiny (seriously, 90% of the thread could explain it better than me) but it's kind of a blend between an ARPG and a JRPG with lots of interactive elements; you certainly don't just press attack. A major aspect of it is using different team setups that can do different things and trigger different combos, and there's lots of experimentation you can do. Furthermore, the difficulty's completely customizable, so you can make it as hard as you want.

To be fair Benice, explaining Xenoblade combat and actually showing it are two completely different things. Trails is a JRPG you could get away with explaining the combat through text. Xenoblade? Not so much.

Also the customizable difficulty is one of the bonuses of the DLC so unless Ruben feels like shelling out an extra $30 (which granted, is worth it because Torna ~ The Golden Country), he won't have that option.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

DSV is beauty and despair in a game

So i should stay away from DSV. Got it.

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i should stay away from DSV. Got it.

The despair is what makes it beautiful. Those happy moments between despair *_*

ORE NO STANDO DA

THE ZEKENATOR!

Edited by Shrimpresident

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Yeah but see i like being happy. Too much despair is a no-no for me.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but see i like being happy. Too much despair is a no-no for me.

Well, if you are good enough you can get the good ending^^

The game is a witch hunt setting, so happiness is kinda...hard to find...

But those few moments, so worth it

Edited by Shrimpresident

38 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

oof

Be careful while driving! Do not get distracted!

Again, an almost. I pulled out of a parking lot a juuust little too far trying to get a better look before making my turn. Admittedly, thankfully the approaching vehicle slowed down and I had a passenger with me who alerted me of my error. -What if there wasn't the vigilant passenger? Let's not give that too much thought.😅

Honestly, when I finally get my license -hopefully this year because 10 years of delay out of lethargy and kindness is enough- I think I'll have to utter a prayer every time I go out alone.

Maybe I can develop a mind of complete focus. But I've my doubts. When enthralled in a good video game, I still find myself susceptible to distraction. When I read a good book or magazine, I try to concentrate (and end up sneezing because of it, IDK why) but often end up having to lightly tap myself on the head once and again to remind myself to set aside irrelevant things and focus on the text in front of me.

I don't need music, I don't need a phone call, I don't need another passenger. All I need is my, myself, and my lovely mind, and I'm capable of being very lost in thoughts all *wham*. Which combined with mental and physical reflexes that aren't exactly the greatest... 😐

Why does the US have to have such lousy public transportation? And why'd I have to be born too soon for the self-driving automobile? I have little choice but to drive, and hope that the triad of: complacency from a daily routine, my own physiological ineptitude, and the possibility of distraction doesn't result in auto repair and insurance hikes, or ya know, worse.⚰️

24 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

20190709021925_1.jpg

"Henshin"?

My introduction to the term from long ago.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is this Waluigi in demon form?

It's called an "incubus".:

"A male demon of popular European folklore during medieval ages and the counterpart to the Succubus. They are known to visit women in their sleep and have sex with them. The offspring born from these incidents are said to later become witches and wizards."

Although Wikipedia states the concept goes back as far as Mesopotamia and thus the beginnings of the human civilization/written history.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All I need is my, myself, and my lovely mind, and I'm capable of being very lost in thoughts all

let me help you

😛

completely understand you, tho. I tend to get lost myself, too.

I just wish i put these thoughts into words sometimes

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

You’re saying this game has suffering?

Tell me more…

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tell me more…

Witches, between being hunted and dying to their own curse...

The story is rather predictable, but the Cast is really reallly really good. One of my all time fav. in that regard

TL;DR:

Good: Characters, Character interaction, Gameplay

meh: predicatble Story.

Full review:

While the story is pretty predictable, the real treat is how the Characters grow together and try to live in the tragedy that is their life. Between all the sadness, death and despair, normal life and happy moments are just a treat, and are worth so much more. Not to mention how Characters prespictive change through the Story. And between all the sadness, while the characters are sometimes close to giving up, they don't, and try their best to solve the misery they are in.

Gameplay is also pretty fun. It's Radiant Historia, but in 3D. Right down to traps not affecting big bosses xD

One thing i really love about the game is the Skill System. Using 'devour' Attacks, you can devour the enemies and steal the attacks and skills of your enemies and unlock then use them for yourself. It makes for great customizability, and some of the most fun i ever had in Menus in rpgs. Of course, such a system comes with limits as to not break the system too much. Each ability has an equipment Cost, and the total cost can not exceed 20 for each type (Physical, Magical, Devour and passives). You can also only 'equip' max. 5 skills of each type at a time.

The devour system also helps with dealing with annoying tanky late game mobs which plagues almost every jrpg, since with devour Attakcs you have a chance (which you can increase) to one shot enemies. Really makes the game more fun & smooth. Doesn't work on Bosses of course (but you still get their Attacks when you defeat bosses).

The music is also pretty damn good!

Also, fellow Falcom peeps might recognize some stuff in there 😉

Honestly, the only stuff i am meh about are some plot points that happen late game, because they kinda happen a bit too fast/rushed, and the 'gift' sytem, but that's optional so eh.

Now, i've noticed alot of people aren't happy with a so-called 'sister system' to explain what it is without making a wall-o-text, it's an anti grind mechanic. As long as you don't grind and fight every enemy you meet only once, you should be good to go really.

my review of it when i played it a couple years back.

Also

20191014023904_1.jpg

Ü

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

The game is a witch hunt setting, so happiness is kinda...hard to find...

I mean you can balance it out. 

Honestly tho, it's just like, kinda hard for me to enjoy stories where bleakness and despair and depression are the main themes and whatnot. Like even if it's written well i just.....don't want it. Like if a story has elements of that, that's fine but i personally would not want it to be the main focus.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why'd I have to be born too soon for the self-driving automobile?

Well the self-driving automobiles that we see in fiction are still a ways off. Tesla has a few models but there's been cases where they make potentially fatal mistakes. Like i did read about this one case where a Tesla autopilot car crashed into another car, killing the driver and passanger of the latter. The driver of the former is being charged with manslaughter and it's the first case of "if a death is caused by an autopilot vehicle, who is to blame?".

Honestly tho, it's just like, kinda hard for me to enjoy stories where bleakness and despair and depression are the main themes and whatnot. Like even if it's written well i just.....don't want it. Like if a story has elements of that, that's fine but i personally would not want it to be the main focus

fair enough

Kinda hard to be a cast of discriminated people without bleakness and despair tho

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also the customizable difficulty is one of the bonuses of the DLC so unless Ruben feels like shelling out an extra $30 (which granted, is worth it because Torna ~ The Golden Country), he won't have that option.

Oh, didn't know that.

Bringer of Chaos is still a thing without DLC, though, right?

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sabaku no wa

tumblr_oz3kgoZlHV1vpufzbo1_400.gifv

ORE NO STANDO DA

I feel like this is a reference.

Is Xenoblade one of those ones where you're supposed to have Japanese voice acting? I've been using English...

That's still better than me using German for Sekiro, where the game literally tells you that you should play with Japanese voice acting, though.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Tell me more…

I don't think I'll ever be able to pry Sooks away from the depressing anime to play the funni Japan crime game...

Then again, I won't know how depressing these games are in comparison to Yakuza if I never play 'em...

yU8l0bu.jpg

14 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

my review of it when i played it a couple years back.

What’s Radiant Historia like, for the unaffiliated?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't think I'll ever be able to pry Sooks away from the depressing anime to play the funni Japan crime game...

Then again, I won't know how depressing these games are in comparison to Yakuza if I never play 'em...

OmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmoriOmori

Oh wait, you read all the spoilers online, didn’t even you? Well, it’ll take you 15 years to get to the suffering in Trails so… Banner Saga?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Oh wait, you read all the spoilers online, didn’t even you?

Not ALL of them.

...Just the big one.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, it’ll take you 15 years to get to the suffering in Trails so…

I'll be the one doing the suffering in Trails, I think, if I continue to play this poorly.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Banner Saga?

Giving me choices that matter is a bad idea...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

uh... it's hard to explain.

There's a grid for you and the enemy, and in Radiant Historia you can move the enemy on the grid towards it each with special attacks to combo them.

There's a demo for the 3DS remaster btw.

I really recommend Radiant Historia as well, it's a really good time travel game and how i thought 3H will be like in that regard

Edited by Shrimpresident

16 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Kinda hard to be a cast of discriminated people without bleakness and despair tho

I mean X-Men.

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Xenoblade one of those ones where you're supposed to have Japanese voice acting? 

No, unless you're Japanese. 

One of Xenoblade's charms is the accents. You don't get that from the Japanese version. Or Xenoblade X, cause that was a NoA localization. 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

yU8l0bu.jpg

Sooks what's your progress on 13 Sentinels?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, it's a good idea. I support this plan. Play Banner Saga.

Well, there's also the problem that I have no way to purchase it...

Just now, Armagon said:

No, unless you're Japanese. 

Ah, good.

Isn't it obvious? It's "that one famous actor whose name I can't remember pointing forward while holding a beer and a cigarette/10"

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

There's a demo for the 3DS remaster btw.

Oh, cool.

I really recommend Radiant Historia as well, it's a really good time travel game and how i thought 3H will be like in that regard

You thought 3H would be a time travel game?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Giving me choices that matter is a bad idea...

You suffering alongside the cast only adds to the experience.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

According to the game, 80% in both the combat and the main story.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

on4Hu2o.png

Ya know, with all this ''You are like my bro/sis'' the whole route this turning into romance will be extra weird xD

Now imagine playing the H version.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Isn't it obvious? It's "that one famous actor whose name I can't remember pointing forward while holding a beer and a cigarette/10"

It’s actually Ogata and Kisaragi/10.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Turn based (but you get turn order on and you can move your unit's order and delete enemy turns with an ability), your enemies are on a grid you can move them around on with certain moves and your party each has different skill sets to work with. The map's 2D sprites and top down, you get pretty simple puzzles in it and the story involves time travel. I won't say more on that.

Shrimpy made those points and where there's a demo, but I had to say I am a big fan of the game as well (A favourite of mine for original titles on the DS) and played it legally and not so much (The original did not come out here). And hopefully it'll be on sale for real cheap again, I've seen it go below €10 on sale.

how i thought 3H will be like in that regard

Yeah I did not get my hopes up for that.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You suffering alongside the cast only adds to the experience.

I can't suffer alongside the cast if the whole cast dies...

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now imagine playing the H version.

I am adding this to the case file against you.

You thought 3H would be a time travel game?

When Sothis went ''both sides of time are revealed to you'' in the Trailer my mind instantly went to Radiant Historia

You will see why if you ever play the game

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

had to say I am a big fan of the game as well

A Question i ask every fan of RH

Spoiler

Stocke or Ernst?

Now imagine playing the H version

onii-chan-kenobi

Edited by Shrimpresident