Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

SUPER MARIO 3D ALLSTARS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND IT COMES IN LIKE THREE WEEKS, LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!

Although I am lowkey upset that Galaxy 2 is not included in that. Hell, it wasn't even acknowledged in the entire Direct period. Galaxy 2 is in my top four favorite games of all time and the best 3D platformer imo so I'm kinda sad.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm honestly surprised at how quickly it's releasing.

tumblr_inline_p0yz660R8x1v3shpr_400.gif

Likely because limited availability. After 3/31, you can't buy it anymore (but obviously if you have it, you get to keep it).

Scalpers about to have a field day with this one.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Likely because limited availability. After 3/31, you can't buy it anymore (but obviously if you have it, you get to keep it).

Scalpers about to have a field day with this one.

I wonder if this is something to go digital for then, in case I can't snag a physical copy.

Imagine if a Tales x Trails crossover happens

Trails to the Abyss would be a legit title.

The only 3D Mario game I would ever play is Galaxy, and this just because of Rosalina.

I'm already happy having the good old 2D Mario platformers on the Switch because they're nostalgic and 2D platformers are way more managable and fun for me than 3D ones.

Edit: I forgot about 64 which I have beaten actually, and this one was great.

I hope the people who voted for Soren x Ike, won't give him a triangle relationship with Elincia because it would give a chance for YkDHq1m.jpg

Edited by Julian Teehee

I went ahead and pre-ordered the 3D Mario collection digitally. Games don't download ahead of time now and you can cancel digital pre-orders from the eShop seven days before release.

Even though the games are just ports with higher resolution, $60 for three fantastic Mario games is still a good deal.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On that note, how is the difficulty compared to VFD, specifically? Would you say it's easier or harder?

Random encounters are easy, as they are throughout this series, no more than three turns of just attacking usually wipes them all out.

The dragons at first were a bit difficult, though now that my team is getting into the stride of things, common Dragons aren becoming less dangerous. And as with VFD, I'm able to take them on right away. The best offense is best option overall, especially because another Dragon that'll join in isn't very far away in this game, and the focus on offense here I find reminiscent of all three of the other games.

The two Imperials I've slain have were moderate and weak respectively. Mana management in these longer fights will probably be an issue for any team without a Princess with Moonlit Song or a Healer with Craft Mana, although I've found some Mana Waters and the stuff might be buyable now.

No in-dungeon save points is annoying (I have made save states right before bosses), and shortcuts are akin to EO, except they aren't marked on your map nor do you get any indication they exist besides "wind can be felt here" when you're near one. Healing spots exist deep in dungeons I'll add, and no dungeon is that big. Inventory functions differently- 100 slots for everything except equipped gear and multiple copies of the same item take up separate slots.

But the real item issue is that Healing Aeros do not exist so far, so no group healing, and besides one Hypno Crystal I got as a quest reward, not a single revival item has been available at all, nor most ailment-relief items. Thats cumbersome, though having 4 character slots instead of 3 means you can fit in a Healer to provide all those things I'm currently lacking in.

When I think on how strong you could be later into VFD, I'm thinking that by the time I get to late 7th D DS the challenge level will be higher. Then again, some bosses at the end of VFD were quite powerful. And 7th D DS doesn't allow for ailment stacking, I can't be Confused, Poisoned, Bleeding, Cursed, and Paralyzed all at once, only the highest ranked ailment applies. That sounds like a boon in my favor considering the love ailment abuse by late VFD bosses, but then again, EO could make difficult bosses under the same restriction, albeit you could be inflicted with Binds there too, which don't exist here. 

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, nice! Then I need to make sure I plant some new stuff before the day ends!

Runeys in RF3 and 4 are there mostly as a little reference to Frontier. There, they were more important to agriculture, if enough regions of the town were in Prosperity concerning Runey numbers, crops would grow up to 3 days faster (I think, there were never any ingame guides explaining the finer details of this stuff, it was up to a handful of fans to figure out what they could). If on the other hand you let the Runey populations reach extinction, crops would take longer to grow and might wither and die even.

The Runey system when left alone would collapse on itself. I would love a sophisticated partly-magical climatological-ecological system in a Rune Factory game that the player could manipulate. But Frontier's was a rudimentary flop.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Alright, completed Tales of Xillia!

I see you get the dual mystic arte unlocked right in the ending, that's too bad, as I really like those team style cinematics!

Final boss was pretty hard, actually, that surprised me a bit.

I really liked the story/characters in this game, they were all great!

Now, onto the extra dungeon!

Congrats! For whatever "rushed late" issues it has, and I'd have liked The Four to have a bigger speaking role after their liberation, I do think Xillia is quietly good.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

SUPER MARIO 3D ALLSTARS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AND IT COMES IN LIKE THREE WEEKS, LET'S FUCKING GOOOO!

Agreed, this is mostly awesome.

Although I am lowkey upset that Galaxy 2 is not included in that. Hell, it wasn't even acknowledged in the entire Direct period. Galaxy 2 is in my top four favorite games of all time and the best 3D platformer imo so I'm kinda sad.

I don't understand it either, it doesn't deserve to be treated like a forgotten stepchild. That and the limited release on 3D All-Stars is evil. HD updates of 64 and Sunshine would've been cool too. -Though I don't intend to get 3D All-Stars, 64 I would not finish *childhood memories of Unagi intensified*, and I still have Sunshine and the Galaxies (and 64DS).

I went ahead and pre-ordered the 3D Mario collection digitally. Games don't download ahead of time now and you can cancel digital pre-orders from the eShop seven days before release.

Although it's not limited-time, I wouldn't skip on 3D World, it was fun solo for me, even if it wasn't hard. Got all the Green Stars and Stamps of most levels, I hit my roadblock one or two levels after unlocking Rosalina, which isn't until after World 8.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I've never played the original SM64 and my copy of Sunshine doesn't work anymore, so the Mario 3D collection is welcome. I still have Galaxy, but I never got every star (or played as Luigi) so getting the collection should still be worth it. It shouldn't be too hard to get since this is Mario we're talking about, and I can get it digitally if I'm really desperate.

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although it's not limited-time, I wouldn't skip on 3D World, it was fun solo for me, even if it wasn't hard. Got all the Green Stars and Stamps of most levels, I hit my roadblock one or two levels after unlocking Rosalina, which isn't until after World 8.

I'm getting 3D World too (but it's too early to pre-order and I might go physically on this one anyway because Walmart discounts and Walmart is just across the street from my new home) and the extra content is a nice bonus for me. I've played 3D World and beaten it but I've never owned it so now I'll finally have that opportunity.

I wished the old Mario Party games (mainly the ones for N64) would get a remake for Switch.

After watching TheRunawayGuys I really want to play the first Mario Party game again,

So nostalgic, so fun!

hair cut + shave 

good

I myself hate being hairy.

Thankfully I can cut my hair myself and don't need to go to the hair stylist anymore.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Next destination was a place called Pleroma, the center of the most advanced scholarship in Eden. Which was reached by airship:

Spoiler

7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-12-44-38.png

Of course, it got sideswiped and rendered crashed by what must've been an Imperial Dragon. Noooo airship this early for me, but I did get a boat at the end of my short visit to Pleroma.

7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-12-50-41.png

It's nothing that majestic as the lower map indicates. It's two buildings and one ankh-shaped blocky stone tower in the center six floors tall, which contains a lot of scholars and books. Research into Dragons being a top priority, and they are the ones who built the airship.

I noticed one floor was a collection of books: Ada, Emma, I Claudius, King Lear, and Twilight. I recognized the last two, and the others are a Nabokov, a Jane Austen, and a popular English work of the early 20th century. Add in a booked labeled "Ancient History" which if you read describes the ancient tradition of Christmas, and yes, it's understated, but Eden is an Earth where human progress collapsed and the stuff of old was lost.

There was also a desktop globe called "Earth", not that my Guild members knew what Earth was. Not sure who made the globe, but I definitely know who would know the Earth was round, the person I'm here to see.:

7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-09-56.png

An NPC said Emel been Chief Scholar since the NPC was a child, and that Emel hasn't aged a day. But a book named someone else as the first Chief Scholar of Pleroma, so it was founded by humans and Lucier, and Emel came sometime later.

Hows her personality? Well I skipped the words of another NPC, but here is Emel's response to his mannered wording of the goal of eliminating the Dragons.:

7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-10-39.png7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-10-48.png7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-10-57.png7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-11-06.png7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-11-13.png7th-Dragon-2020-09-03-13-11-21.png

Her fire burns as brightly as ever.

Today is a good day for Draggy!
HGgmCEY.jpg

Yay!
Still need to beat Ludegert a second time, though. XD

Next on the backlog list: Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, maybe with that same goal. We'll see!

---

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random encounters are easy, as they are throughout this series, no more than three turns of just attacking usually wipes them all out.

The dragons at first were a bit difficult, though now that my team is getting into the stride of things, common Dragons aren becoming less dangerous. And as with VFD, I'm able to take them on right away. The best offense is best option overall, especially because another Dragon that'll join in isn't very far away in this game, and the focus on offense here I find reminiscent of all three of the other games.

The two Imperials I've slain have were moderate and weak respectively. Mana management in these longer fights will probably be an issue for any team without a Princess with Moonlit Song or a Healer with Craft Mana, although I've found some Mana Waters and the stuff might be buyable now.

No in-dungeon save points is annoying (I have made save states right before bosses), and shortcuts are akin to EO, except they aren't marked on your map nor do you get any indication they exist besides "wind can be felt here" when you're near one. Healing spots exist deep in dungeons I'll add, and no dungeon is that big. Inventory functions differently- 100 slots for everything except equipped gear and multiple copies of the same item take up separate slots.

But the real item issue is that Healing Aeros do not exist so far, so no group healing, and besides one Hypno Crystal I got as a quest reward, not a single revival item has been available at all, nor most ailment-relief items. Thats cumbersome, though having 4 character slots instead of 3 means you can fit in a Healer to provide all those things I'm currently lacking in.

When I think on how strong you could be later into VFD, I'm thinking that by the time I get to late 7th D DS the challenge level will be higher. Then again, some bosses at the end of VFD were quite powerful. And 7th D DS doesn't allow for ailment stacking, I can't be Confused, Poisoned, Bleeding, Cursed, and Paralyzed all at once, only the highest ranked ailment applies. That sounds like a boon in my favor considering the love ailment abuse by late VFD bosses, but then again, EO could make difficult bosses under the same restriction, albeit you could be inflicted with Binds there too, which don't exist here. 

I see!
So it's easier in the beginning, maybe harder later on. Thank you for explaining! ^^

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

hair cut + shave = 20 years younger

7-year old Shrimpy?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

had this as battle ost while climbing the Tower

Excellent taste!

45 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Lulua in the Background
>LULUA KICKO

Me: Expected

>''Oyasumi'' Aoe sleep attack

Me: O_O

Which boss has an AOE sleep attack?
I don't remember any right now, tbh.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Which boss has an AOE sleep attack?

Not Boss

Lulua has a Aoe Magic + sleep support attack if you use an attack with status effect

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Not Boss

Lulua has a Aoe Magic + sleep support attack if you use an attack with status effect

Oh!
That makes more sense now. I never really used Lulua as support, so I didn't know this. XD
It does sound very useful, though!

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Yay!
Still need to beat Ludegert a second time, though. XD

Ey, congrats! Makes me wish Nintendo Switch games came with achievements or trophies, or something like that to work towards.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Next on the backlog list: Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, maybe with that same goal. We'll see!

Good luck! 👍

----------------

Perfectly chill. Good for work and relaxing.👌

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ey, congrats! Makes me wish Nintendo Switch games came with achievements or trophies, or something like that to work towards.

Thanks! ^^
Yeah, that would be pretty neat!

Good luck! 👍

Thank you!

Only thing I have to think about whether or not I want to make my playthrough on the highest difficulty for a change. Though, like the original NoA, this will "only" be my third playthrough...
Hmm... decisions, decisions...

Perfectly chill. Good for work and relaxing.👌

Ooh, sounds nice!

Edited by DragonFlames