Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Amigo!

I must've been messing with my VPN yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

xNQnkCg.jpg

Bingo complete

If anyone wants to shuffle it be my guest!

The sad thing is that a Pokemon x Fire Emblem game seems more possible then a new F-Zero.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

What must you have on them?

I had the assumption that it was due to my usage of Native American imagery and how it might've been "Too controversial" for a Fire Emblem forum and I just wasn't given a warning for it.

It's happened before on other forums...

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If we get console FEH

Shut up shut shut up shut up shut up

13 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

xNQnkCg.jpg

Bingo complete

If anyone wants to shuffle it be my guest!

Thats a nice bingo list. But I'm confident IS will deliver us Fire Emblem Party. 

Discord would be convenient, I'll admit, especially when splatoon 3 comes out.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

yes. Maybe nintendo will be finally smart and allow a good voice app on the damn thing xD

Hahahahahahahah

Surely you jest. Have you forgotten who you're talking about? The only thing Nintendo does right is games, and that's not even a given.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I had the assumption that it was due to my usage of Native American imagery and how it might've been "Too controversial" for a Fire Emblem forum and I just wasn't given a warning for it.

...What? Seriously? That's just not right...

4 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Shut up shut shut up shut up shut up

What're you yelling at me for? Cosmo was the one who came up with it! I hated the idea just as much as you!

Thats a nice bingo list. But I'm confident IS will deliver us Fire Emblem Party. 

That'd somehow be even more RNG than regular FE.

God help us all.

Discord would be convenient, I'll admit, especially when splatoon 3 comes out.

You know what would also be convenient when Splatoon 3 comes out?

A tolerable online service.

I still haven't forgiven them. For every three Splatoon 2 matches, two kicked me out due to "connection issues," even though my Switch was on the same location and even used the same Ethernet cable as my computer, where I suffered zero such issues. Thank God I had the good sense not to fork over the full 20 bucks. They don't deserve 20 cents!

20 hours ago, Sooks said:

Good luck with that! I would have trouble with those decisions too. I’m pretty sure I will at that age when I have to actually… make something out of my life. Excuse me while I go throw up a little.

Thanks for the luck! It's perfectly normal to be stressed about this sort of thing, and it is exciting to.

Looks like I messed up my internal math-ing, though, and I'll have to miss at least one course I really want to do... Oh dear.

Plus, my parents don't want me to be a teacher because they think I'm smart and want me to get a PhD...

'Morning!

First game of the year I've been eyeing is out, and it's been consistently reviewing at 6/10. Not unexpected. For $40, it's a no. However, I think I'll grab it on sale at some point, I'm still stupidly interested in it.

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I would have my doubts, mostly because TMS didn't sell all that well from what I understand.

Looking at Wikipedia, the Wii U and Switch versions combined reached 70k sold. Wiki doesn't have the Switch numbers, but the Wii U version sold 50k in North America. So even with whatever the PAL sales were factored in, TMS probably barely -if at all- reached 100k on Wii U. Switch sales certainly brought it past 100k, but 200k is IDK.

Thats pretty darned low. A sequel that integrates a stronger FE element is very doubtful to ever happen. Atlus doesn't mind being niche from time to time, Etrian Odyssey totally was, but it's not NIS.

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Pokemon Conquest I would have tried to find by the time I found this series only to likely have as much luck as SD for decent prices.

If you're saying you never played the game, you aren't missing anything good. Baby's First SRPG is too simple to be fun.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That'd somehow be even more RNG than regular FE.

God help us all.

You're giving me ideas for a fun FE Party mode, call it "A Killer Classic".

The mode would involve permadeath, which would be frequent and inevitable for every player, regardless of how well they are doing. Each player would have to juggle two things.:

• Doing the thing that wins the game.
  • And recruiting & strengthening new teammates.

Obviously you want to lead in "Emblems" or whatever the victory points are, but eventually, your heroes will die. And if too many in your army die without being replaced, you will fall behind in the win score for some reason.

Lagging players who have suffered heavy team losses would receive some kind of rubber band bonus, perhaps easier and better recruitments, that would provide a bounce back and keeps them from falling into an unceasing losing spiral. Players who are presently competitive would want to maintain a sufficient buffer zone of surplus recruitments and training for when permadeath happens. While that buffer sufficiently exists, a player would want to press their strengths and earn victory points. 

Just now, GuardianSing said:

Really.png.069d524055d01bc45043756e319c5038.png

The fact it's happened before is disheartening.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First game of the year I've been eyeing is out, and it's been consistently reviewing at 6/10. Not unexpected. For $40, it's a no. However, I think I'll grab it on sale at some point, I'm still stupidly interested in it.

Which is?

If you're saying you never played the game, you aren't missing anything good. Baby's First SRPG is too simple to be fun.

Well, I was looking at Pengaius's LP and I don't think it convinced my to play it.

So, I went and generated some cards. I may have added Shaky Jones's contribution and a few other just now in the generation of these, so not everything is on any one. They ended up downloading in a PDF, but I have the images in a spoiler.

Spoiler

Bingo-1.png

Bingo-2.png
Bingo-3.png
Bingo-4.png
Bingo-5.png
Bingo-6.png
Bingo-7.png
Bingo-8.png
tit-LCHolg.png

If anyone wants to generate another go to this link.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which is?

Well, I was looking at Pengaius's LP and I don't think it convinced my to play it.

So, I went and generated some cards. I may have added Shaky Jones's contribution and a few other just now in the generation of these, so not everything is on any one. They ended up downloading in a PDF, but I have the images in a spoiler.

Hide contents

Bingo-1.png

Bingo-2.png
Bingo-3.png
Bingo-4.png
Bingo-5.png
Bingo-6.png
Bingo-7.png
Bingo-8.png
tit-LCHolg.png

The fact that you actually included Pokemon Prime just kills me.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What? Seriously? That's just not right...

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Aye. I've been cited before that my adaption of it was an appropriation of Native American culture which is interesting considering that I'm Native myself! And even if I wasn't I don't think anybody has a monopoly over culture, even their own.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahahahahah

Surely you jest. Have you forgotten who you're talking about? The only thing Nintendo does right is games, and that's not even a given.

In all seriousness, I feel us as Nintendo fans are incredibly spoiled in comparison to most other game companies.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

It's the crossing of Snap and Legends nobody asked for!

Imagine we end up getting a game called Pokemon Prime in the Direct and it turns out I'm the second coming of Nostradamus.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Aye. I've been cited before that my adaption of it was an appropriation of Native American culture which is interesting considering that I'm Native myself! And even if I wasn't I don't think anybody has a monopoly over culture, even their own.

O O F

Yeaaaah that's not great. Sheesh...

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

In all seriousness, I feel us as Nintendo fans are incredibly spoiled in comparison to most other game companies.

Hah! That's not a bad point. Honestly, I am most often negative about them, but I would still call them above average for a multinational, multimillionaire corporation. They get up to some stinky shenanigans, but... Well, for the time being, less than other companies. They're not EA, or Blizzard. I don't think that means they shouldn't ever be criticized for anything ever, though. Some of the shit they do is so stupid and blatantly anti-consumer, it hurts.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's the sad truth of today's climate on such matters...

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bingo-1.png

Bingo-2.png
Bingo-3.png
Bingo-4.png
Bingo-5.png
Bingo-6.png
Bingo-7.png
Bingo-8.png
tit-LCHolg.png

Damn. I should've gone for FE Kart. Oh well. FE Party is funnier.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're giving me ideas for a fun FE Party mode, call it "A Killer Classic".

The mode would involve permadeath, which would be frequent and inevitable for every player, regardless of how well they are doing. Each player would have to juggle two things.:

• Doing the thing that wins the game.
  • And recruiting & strengthening new teammates.

Obviously you want to lead in "Emblems" or whatever the victory points are, but eventually, your heroes will die. And if too many in your army die without being replaced, you will fall behind in the win score for some reason.

Lagging players who have suffered heavy team losses would receive some kind of rubber band bonus, perhaps easier and better recruitments, that would provide a bounce back and keeps them from falling into an unceasing losing spiral. Players who are presently competitive would want to maintain a sufficient buffer zone of surplus recruitments and training for when permadeath happens. While that buffer sufficiently exists, a player would want to press their strengths and earn victory points. 

Damnit.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at Wikipedia, the Wii U and Switch versions combined reached 70k sold. Wiki doesn't have the Switch numbers, but the Wii U version sold 50k in North America. So even with whatever the PAL sales were factored in, TMS probably barely -if at all- reached 100k on Wii U. Switch sales certainly brought it past 100k, but 200k is IDK.

Thats pretty darned low. A sequel that integrates a stronger FE element is very doubtful to ever happen. Atlus doesn't mind being niche from time to time, Etrian Odyssey totally was, but it's not NIS.

Evil doesn’t need to make any sense, all “it” needs is to devour the souls of the guilty and innocent alike.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Which is?

hero?v=2022020908

Hero/heroine is a demon lord who can turn into a weapon. Wakes up from a long slumber one day and finds themselves branded an endangered species.

The problem with the game is everything when it comes to combat from what I read. Easy, rudimentary, repetitive, lousy 3D graphics.

The positive is that the game would've made a great VN. The 2D artwork is good the critics agree, and the plot is enjoyably lighthearted. With pleasant hero and villain characters whom you can romance as you wish regardless of gender. 'Tis the romance that got me curious about this in the first place.

26 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I like the idea behind the game, a slightly more family-friendly version of the Samurai Warriors cast paired with Pokemon is an unexpected but neat concept. And it's thanks to that game that I got into Musou. And nowadays, I like the Nobunaga's Ambition-derived grand strategy gameplay aspect as well.

My core set of problems is, again, everything is much too basic, even for Pokemon. Only one move per pocket monster is very bad, and that each province has but a single map makes it fairly repetitive. Developing your provinces is hardly necessary too. I ran through every character story (not that each story can have any story outside of its opening and ending due to the genre), many using the cheaty Guardian Charm and Dragon Rage to wrap things up in a couple months before the Gabite Rallyman amps up your enemies.

I would approve of a sequel, perhaps with the Dynasty Warriors crew instead. But obviously that ain't happening.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The fact that you actually included Pokemon Prime just kills me.

Fans were working on a Pokemon FPS. Nintendo headshot them with a C&D last month.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pokémon Conquest is good as a foundation to the idea... but it's clear it's just that, a foundation. A second game expanding on it would do it good, but yeah, unlikely it could happen.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

O O F

Yeaaaah that's not great. Sheesh...

Big oof indeed.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! That's not a bad point. Honestly, I am most often negative about them, but I would still call them above average for a multinational, multimillionaire corporation. They get up to some stinky shenanigans, but... Well, for the time being, less than other companies. They're not EA, or Blizzard. I don't think that means they shouldn't ever be criticized for anything ever, though. Some of the shit they do is so stupid and blatantly anti-consumer, it hurts.

Oh for sure. Nintendo, especially recently, has made some very questionable decisions. But amongst all of our complaining I say it's also healthy to count our blessings.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's the sad truth of today's climate on such matters...

Nothing kills a culture more than believing it to be too sacred to even bring it up.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Monoploy or not, there's been some cases of appropriation claims being egregious at best and some take it very seriously, I'd say worryingly so with a case like yours (which is easier to do in an anonymous context).

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

https://images2.imgbox.com/e4/f9/VCfjf6P5_o.png

You know what? Maybe you are the most impressive man in all of Bravord, Arios.

But only because Cotton isn't a man

He knows that and that she's from elsewhere, thus can feel confident in his statement.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

hero?v=2022020908

Hero/heroine is a playable demon lord who can turn into a weapon. Wakes up from a long slumber one day and finds themselves branded an endangered species.

The problem with the game is everything when it comes to combat from what I read. Easy, rudimentary, repetitive, lousy 3D graphics.

The positive is that the game would've made a great VN. The 2D artwork is good the critics agree, and the plot is enjoyably lighthearted. With pleasant hero and villain characters whom you can romance as you wish regardless of gender. 'Tis the romance that got me curious about this in the first place.

So they messed up on the gameplay and got the characters down pretty decently at least.

Well, sounds like an LP for someone then.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like the idea behind the game, a slightly more family-friendly version of the Samurai Warriors cast paired with Pokemon is an unexpected but neat concept. And it's thanks to that game that I got into Musou. And nowadays, I like the Nobunaga's Ambition-derived grand strategy gameplay aspect as well.

My core set of problems is, again, everything is much too basic, even for Pokemon. Only one move per pocket monster is very bad, and that each province has but a single map makes it fairly repetitive. Developing your provinces is hardly necessary too. I ran through every character story (not that each story can have any story outside of its opening and ending due to the genre), many using the cheaty Guardian Charm and Dragon Rage to wrap things up in a couple months before the Gabite Rallyman amps up your enemies.

Nothing I can add to that, just feel like acknowledging your statement here.

Dafuq, this is the second Xenogears crossover a particular Final Fantasy mobile gatcha game has gotten? Square, I think I would rather you not have this at all. Forget about XG entirely, or better, collaborate with Nintendo and give us a modern full-fledged remake that fixes the narrative bumps. (I understand the artist's urge to not revisit the past and move on to new things, but pleeeeeease Tetsuya Takahashi & Soraya Saga?🥺) This... just opens wounds a mobile game can't heal.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well, sounds like an LP for someone then.

Sure that would save me $20 (assuming it goes on sale for 50% off eventually), but it's a video game, I feel like I have to play. If the combat is easy it won't be as much of a chore than if it wasn't. It is tedium + difficulty that makes for the "might watch an LP instead" combination for me, if cheats aren't available.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Dafuq, this is the second Xenogears crossover an FF mobile gatcha game has gotten? Square, I think I would rather you not have this at all. Forget about the game entirely, or better collaborate with Nintendo and give us a modern full-fledged remake that fixes the narrative bumps. (I understand the artist's urge to not visit the past and move on to new things, but pleeeeeease Tetsuya Takahashi & Soraya Saga?) This... just opens wounds it can't heal.

I still have suspicions on that AVA collaboration with a PSX remake/remaster of a Mitsuda game...

You know, I just remembered. Since Omori is getting a Switch port this Spring, maybe the Direct will give a definitive release date. Unless that already happened and I didn't noticed.