• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Monoploy or not, there's been some cases of appropriation claims being egregious at best and some take it very seriously, I'd say worryingly so with a case like yours (which is easier to do in an anonymous context).

I can understand why it's a big deal to many people. American Indians have been represented horribly in media for years and people are deathly afraid of repeating that mistake, which I can understand. 

Being too afraid of it though can create a sort of "White savior" complex in a lot of people which is what I'm really worried about.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fans were working on a Pokemon FPS. Nintendo headshot them with a C&D last month.

Good Ninty. Good Ninty.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

SStuHHb.png

girllllllll

That's a great level line.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, this gave me a chuckle.

r/OMORI - Mari culture Mari culture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mari_people

Omg I can't believe Mari Omori is in Age of Empires.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Being too afraid of it though can create a sort of "White savior" complex in a lot of people which is what I'm really worried about.

And I think that sort of thing is going on for many BIPoC groups, where a weird defensiveness forms against expressions of these cultures if it looks like there's any chance they're less than perfect, or appropriate in what is a very limited definition of such. Course, from what I've seen rarely is this from those of the culture being "defended" but that's online, I'm looking at this from an outside perspective with the limits that brings and of course calling out obviously bad acts and expressions (especially where that's the intention) is right.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Omg I can't believe Mari Omori is in Age of Empires.

Don't know if that's part of the joke, but just in case, it's Crusader Kings III, not Age of Empires, haha.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

because they think

They think correctly.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know if that's part of the joke, but just in case, it's Crusader Kings III, not Age of Empires, haha.

I mean, it mentions Mari aesthetics. Do these aesthetics include a lot of stairs?

I just found out how third tier promotions work in Ross.

It's... convoluted. I dunno how many of them I'm going to be able to get. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I didn't recognize the game, but I figured it'd be funnier if I didn't check and just tried to guess.

Honestly? Close enough.

Just now, Sooks said:

I mean, it mentions Mari aesthetics.

Damnit, Sooks.

Damnit.

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I just found out how third tier promotions work in Ross.

It's... convoluted. I dunno how many of them I'm going to be able to get. We'll see.

So… how does it work?

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit, Sooks.

Damnit.

What? Everyone knows she loves them. That  and the treehouse they would hang out in.

I’m not sorry.

The direct is near.

I doubt I'll bother live commenting over here, prefer doing the stream of consciousness BS in the direct threads.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody cares about Simpette. The real question is: Where is the Endgame Ready Beard?

Spoiler

He's back in Sinon.

Because he was appointed to rule there.

(Would Christine inherit from him actually? Don't know if that was arranged)

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So… how does it work?

You need to get the characters to level 30 and then send them to the trials, which is in the "errands" menu (meaning they miss a map). For this, you must give them a number of proofs as well as a seal. So far, so good.

The problem is that each character has a specific seal, and seals are apparently only obtained in specific quests. Only one of these quests can be active at a time, with a set priority order for the entire cast, and apparently starting other quest chains can screw this up and make it so seals only start appearing later.

So uh... yeah. I've no idea when I'm going to start getting seals. And I don't really know the exact priority order. Information on this game is extremely scarce. I do know Galahad got completely screwed over by this, though. He's one of the last to get a seal, because screw the old man, as always.

What? Everyone knows she loves them. That  and the treehouse they would hang out in.

I’m not sorry.

Staaaaph!

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

He's back in Sinon.

Because he was appointed to rule there.

(Would Christine inherit from him actually? Don't know if that was arranged)

I still love that ending. One of my favorites.

Spoiler

Love how the game pretends it's going to go the generic "old man retired" route. And then it hits you with the fact that he takes over Reese's entire country. Not to mention the beautiful refusals line.

QpaYyYjg_o.png

Ward is too funny when he wants to be.

Eh, might as well listen to it. As usual, I haven't much more to do right now. I'd rather not play more Ross, I'm stuck and it'd be best to wait until tomorrow and go in with a fresher mindset.

HD Dougy. Give it to me, Maeda.

sMz3XzU.jpg
vEDuc6t.jpg

SUFFERING

…and huh, they choose to end it there? Is what happens in more than one route “canon”? Because I feel like this is all an essential part of the story that had to have happened, just without the true ending. And none of this contradicts anything I know about the true end so far.

Anyway, I can see how this is a good beginnings route. Nothing really happened if I’m being honest, the whole thing was a bunch of set up for a bunch of conflicts, which I learned quite a bit about, but not a lost substantial actually happened, and there was no real conclusion. Good route though, it was enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Staaaaph!

Since you’re being so pushy…