• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA So sorry, guys. I'll return to my typical, permanently negative self soon enough. I can't manage right now, I'm overwhelmed with positivity.

Ruben? Being positive about a game that isn't Berwick?

The Direct really got people acting crazy.

Also, lol, FE3HW. Some of the new designs are really good, but others... sheesh.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2022/an-introduction-to-xenoblade-chronicles-3-from-executive-director-tetsuya-takahashi/

As announced in the latest Nintendo Direct video presentation, the RPG adventure Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is heading to Nintendo Switch this September. To shed some light on this announcement, Executive Director Tetsuya Takahashi shared this message on the upcoming title, including some exciting tidbits that’re sure to be of interest to fans of the series.

Over to you, Mr. Takahashi!

==

Hi everyone, this is Tetsuya Takahashi from MONOLITHSOFT.

Just over four years since the release of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and one and a half years since the release of Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, we now bring to you news regarding the latest game from MONOLITHSOFT: Xenoblade Chronicles 3. As the name indicates, it’s the third installment in the Xenoblade Chronicles series. We are currently making final adjustments to ensure we create the best game possible based on everything we’ve learned from the past entries in the series.

The key visual features a broken great sword of Mechonis and the body of the Urayan Titan with a gaping wound. I imagine everyone who saw the trailer was quite surprised by the final scene. What is this visual hinting at? I can’t reveal that just yet. What I can tell you is that this visual was conceived quite some time ago. More precisely speaking, we came up with it sometime between the end of development of Xenoblade Chronicles and the beginning of development of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So, it’s not something we recently added to the series.

We believe the game will be enjoyable for both those who’ve played Xenoblade Chronicles or Xenoblade Chronicles 2, as well as those who will be playing a Xenoblade Chronicles game for the first time.

The characters were designed by Masatsugu Saito, who also designed the characters for Xenoblade Chronicles 2. While we can’t reveal them at this time, Koichi Mugitani created some of the game’s key artwork. As you can see, familiar staff members with the Xenoblade Chronicles series have once again come together to create this game.

The game music was also handled by artists who’ve contributed to the series in the past. The music for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, Manami Kiyota, ACE (TOMOri Kudo, CHiCO), Kenji Hiramatsu and Mariam Abounnasr.

The music in this game maintains the unique Xenoblade Chronicles touch while also taking on a new challenge, namely that of integrating a flute-based melody as its motif. The flute is actually one of the key themes in this game. A variety of other elements and themes are hidden in the trailer andwe’ll be revealing the details a bit at a time going forward.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a new adventure bringing together the worlds of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to take players into the future. While there is still some time left before the release of the game, I hope you’ll look forward to it.

==

Thanks, Mr. Takahashi!

Well, Futurama's coming back from the grave. Again.

This is the fourth time (fifth if you count the uncertainty between seasons 6 and 7) this has happened.

Kind of annoying that it's been pulled up out of the ground so much. And I like Futurama!

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

Ruben? Being positive about a game that isn't Berwick?

The Direct really got people acting crazy.

Shit happens, man. I wasn't expecting it myself.

Good to see you around, though! Saw anything good for yourself in the direct?

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

Also, lol, FE3HW. Some of the new designs are really good, but others... sheesh.

We don't talk about FE3HW. There is no FE3HW in the Live a Live direct.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shit happens, man. I wasn't expecting it myself.

You can be happy today, for am I not. Yes I am a Xeno fan... but as I stated before, this reveal ruined the Direct for me. It'll be good seven months from now, but at this moment, I don't want to look at the game, I don't want to read about the game (not that I ever do, I prefer staying in the dark about story and gameplay alike before the game is in my hands), I don't want the game.

As for everything else, nice stuff aplenty, but nothing to get me overly excited.

Well, might as well start route 2 of S;G 0 while my switch charges, even though it should have been fully charged, and this would be a very unfortunate time for my dock to stop working.

Edited by Sooks

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hi hello, i'm still walking. 

I'll post my full thoughts and responses later but for now...

@Shrimpresident i have a gift for you

IMG_20220209_184451.jpg

You're playing XC3 and you're racing through the game to see Melia. You see an innocent looking sidequest and find that someone's item has been stolen. And then the victim gives you a letter from... HIM.

Bleublanc_-_Portrait_0231_(SC).png

Also, here is the official artwork for XC3's main characters.

I did some ranking.

It has too many divisions.

Spoiler

Kinda hyped: LIVEALIVE

Cool, cool: TS Demo that actually transfers data, Chrono Cross + Radical Dreamers

Welcome surprise, maybe get: Front Mission 1ST,

Also maybe: Advance Wars 1+2, Cuphead DLC, Earthbound NSO, Lego Brawls?

Actually impressive if this game runs well: No Man's Sky

Nice, but I'm just not getting it: XB3

Actually have played: Portal 1+2, SW Force Unleashed, AC: Ezio trilogy

Masochism: Metroid Dread update

Just kinda there footage: Splatoon 3, Kirby & The Forgotten Land

Eh: Zombie Army 4, GetsuFumaDen, Demon Slayer's 3D fighter, Two Point Campus, Taiko no Tatsujin, KH collections (though non-cloud versions do exist, a decent clarification), SD Gundam

Disappointed in Sports: Mario Strikers Super League, NS Wii Sports, MLB The Show

Not as bad as I expected, but Still, Season Pass: Mario Kart Course Pass

Probably going to be problematic in sum, but we'll have to see: FE Three Hopes

Blech: Disney Speedstorm

Edited by Dayni

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I did some ranking

I'd do some, but it'd probably be too predictable... Eh, might as well.

I cam't believe this is happening I am so happy tier: Live a Live remake

Very slightly interested tier: New Mario Strikers

Don't care tier: everything else

lol: FE Warriors but only the game I don't like

And I'll bet Hanneman won't even be there just to spite me.

The fact that it has taken me this long to come up with this extremely obvious doomsaying speaks volumes of how hard Live a Live hit me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh, Chrono Cross is 20 by the way. That.... that's kinda neat. Live-A-Live is 50 though. At least we know it's HD2D and that it's a full remake, with voice work and translation.

And AW 1+2 is 60, that is a nope at launch.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Oh, Chrono Cross is 20 by the way. That.... that's kinda neat. Live-A-Live is 50 though. At least we know it's HD2D and that it's a full remake, with voice work and translation.

Oof, 50... The difference between the remake and the original is like night and day, though. I'll be looking forward to more information.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And AW 1+2 is 60, that is a nope at launch.

Gahahahahah

Well, looks like I missed the mark, but only by the "wii u" part.

I know I sound like I'm bored with Kirby, but I didn't really make much of an effort to engage with it in fairness and it's been announced previously, so it's low rank is not all that accurate.

Also, 3 Copes.

Laugh.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof, 50... The difference between the remake and the original is like night and day, though. I'll be looking forward to more information.

I feel like there's going to be little to know that those who have played it don't already, but I could very well be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, looks like I missed the mark, but only by the "wii u" part.

40 would have been fine imo, but 60 is tyre screeching for me.

Possible on sale, but not at 60.

Ok i'm home now. I've calmed down. Direct thoughts time:

• Fire Emblem Warriors lmaooooooooooooooo. If they were gonna make a Three Houses golden route, this is where it would go tbh. Somehow it also looks worse than the previous Fire Emblem Warriors.
  • Metroid Dread fuck you mode is something i'll be looking forward to. They're also adding a boss rush and i've never been this happy to see a boss rush mode. Dread boss fights go hard. And of course, Rookie Mode for those who are struggling. @Interdimensional Observer's hopes of an easy mode in case the game gets too tough on him have been anwsered
  • kirby_01.jpg
  • Kirby is a good boy and
  • FLMI21_XsAQv80p?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • We cannot escape

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC is hella hype. Nintendo figured out they have the golden strat: "why make a new Mario Kart when 8 Deluxe keeps being the best selling game ever".  And the fact that they're drip-feeding us content over the next two years is very good. Especially since it's including Tour tracks, freeing them from gacha hell. Also, because i'm in my friend's NSO group and we have the expansion pass, i now have the DLC for free (well when it comes out).
  • Godzilla is in Splatoon. Sadly, Splatoon fell off for me. Cool tho.
  • Xenoblade 3 yes, this game deserves it's own post. I don't even think i need to give my impressions tho. Y'all saw my popoff.
2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also visually closer to X, at least the uniforms  

Besides the uniforms, i can definitely feel the spirit of Xenoblade X here. The mere presence of vehicle traversal suggests this world will be at least about the same size as Planet Mira. I'll go into detail later.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet, how can I not lament another several years' delay for what I seek?

Yes that is the tragedy here. Xenoblade X's cliffhanger has gone unresolved for too long. They said they wanted it to be both sides of the same coin but it's clear that the numbered games are taking priority.

That being said, i 100%% feel the spirit of X's influence here.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

And Vandham seems to be here, which is strange because this seems to be a distant sequel to 2

Silly Lightchao. It wouldn't be a Xeno game without a Vandham.

They got back the voice actor too so they're definitely going for a "every Vandham will speak the same".

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Xenoblade-Chronicles-3-2168340.html
...wow

Magic vs. Techology!

It's like...Monolith read my mind!

It's one of your favorite tropes. And we have equal representation from both sides. 

1 hour ago, Shrimpresident said:

What I can tell you is that this visual was conceived quite some time ago. More precisely speaking, we came up with it sometime between the end of development of Xenoblade Chronicles and the beginning of development of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So, it’s not something we recently added to the series.

Man's was playing the long game. Although this time, he did it in a way where he wouldn't be written into a corner if the series failed. He learned from the sales of Xenosaga.

48 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

XBC3 0/10 confirmed

Damn not even Travis Touchdown can hold back the Rean.