Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Hmm, honestly, unless i see something that raises alarm bells in my mind or dire financial situation XBC3 will probably be day/week1

Only thing i need to see right now is the battles. Going off experience Monolith Soft has usually taken what was initially explored upon in one game and taking it to the next level. We see this with Xenoblade.

• Xenoblade 1: fairly basic
  • Xenoblade X: Xenoblade 1 combat but taken up to 11, holy shit it's so good
  • Xenoblade 2: actually this one's already perfect
  • Torna: great but Torna itself wasn't big enough to bring it to it's full potential

Therefore, i predict that Xenoblade 3 combat will take elements from the prior three games actually because we see four party members active and that was a thing in X. 

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Only thing i need to see right now is the battles. Going off experience Monolith Soft has usually taken what was initially explored upon in one game and taking it to the next level. We see this with Xenoblade.

• Xenoblade 1: fairly basic
  • Xenoblade X: Xenoblade 1 combat but taken up to 11, holy shit it's so good
  • Xenoblade 2: actually this one's already perfect
  • Torna: great but Torna itself wasn't big enough to bring it to it's full potential

Therefore, i predict that Xenoblade 3 combat will take elements from the prior three games actually because we see four party members active and that was a thing in X. 

While i did like the base gameplay of 2 quite a bit more than 1, i found 2 bosses a bit samey, so hopefully they learned from that as well. Bosses in 1 were quite unique iirc.

If they are able to build on both it would be 👍

Edited by Shrimpresident

I never gave my thoughts on the entire Direct. But for me, I don't judge one based on what interests me, I judge based on whether there is enough for enough people. And this case, the Direct had a variety of "quality" titles across different genres for different audiences as far as I could tell. By that metric, it was a success. Anything that makes me happy is but a bonus.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And of course, Rookie Mode for those who are struggling. @Interdimensional Observer's hopes of an easy mode in case the game gets too tough on him have been anwsered

I saw that and yes, I am thankful. Difficulty options are never a bad thing. My Diggernaut 2.0 fears are abolished.😌

I'll start on the default difficulty regard;ess. Metroid being short, even if I can't pivot the difficulty down and up again during a playthrough, it wouldn't take me long to get back to where I was.

Yes that is the tragedy here. Xenoblade X's cliffhanger has gone unresolved for too long. They said they wanted it to be both sides of the same coin but it's clear that the numbered games are taking priority.

I don't blame them. XCX was met with mixed reception, Monolith is playing it rather safe now that they have winning formula.

Presently, I'm pinning my new old hopes on the inevitable DLC containing our Full Metal Jaguar again. Maybe she teases the sequel via her dialogue and other things. And it later turns out that Monolith has gotten an early developer's kit for the Switch 2 and that Nintendo intends for Monolith showcase its improved technical power with X2 as a near-release title. -If graphics capacity is what is holding X2 back.

The second tragedy here- where is Untitled Fantasy Game? Is it a colony of nanomachines pretending to be a puddle of water we just stepped through and will reformulate into a girl when we least expect it? What kind of development hell has it been going through if it hasn't been consigned to oblivion?

That being said, i 100%% feel the spirit of X's influence here.

Yeah, I'll get to thinking positive.🙂

Could we have Sirens/Faces replacing Skells now? Mechs in gameplay again when?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Silly Lightchao. It wouldn't be a Xeno game without a Vandham.

They got back the voice actor too so they're definitely going for a "every Vandham will speak the same".

That makes sense, but there's even someone who looks like XC2 Vandham.

I thought my Trails-addled brain was acting up when "Melia" said something about Ouroboros, but it seems I wasn't mistaken. I wonder if "Ouroboros" is related to the Fog King? Or if Bleublanc actually will show up in this game.

There's a good chance Pyra and Mythra will reappear, but another character I'm hoping to see again is

Spoiler

Alvis, since we don't know what happened to him after the first game. If Takahashi had the main visual in mind before XC2 started development, maybe he had plans for him all along?

Lastly, when you remember that Xenogears's original name was Project Noah

372ihb.png

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For all the joy, there was still salt to see, hahaha...

Foto de Guerrero Negro, Baja California Sur: A salt mountain - Tripadvisor

I'm not even that mad the game exists, but it's hard not to laugh at the fact it's coming on 3 years since 3H came out and no mainline/remake FE news in 2 (counting CS).

I'll find a way to laugh with the salt.

Edited by Dayni

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I thought my Trails-addled brain was acting up when "Melia" said something about Ouroboros, but it seems I wasn't mistaken. I wonder if "Ouroboros" is related to the Fog King? Or if Bleublanc actually will show up in this game.

pcCNnLI.png

I will now give my thoughts on the six main characters

FLMQ0FtVcAIdifJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sword Fei Noah is absolutely a name Takahashi would name his character and he looks to have the best drip out of all the protagonists. Red is a thing with all Xenoblade protags (even if Rex doesn't wear it). I like him, he cool.

FLMRAZuUYAAEwDl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Mio is cute i like her

FLMRBK1VkAck8KL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Man these designs have so much drip. Eunie is cool. Oh, she's the childhood friend. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha she has already lost. She will get friendzoned, just like Melia and Nia before her.

FLMS8-MXsAIjeaN?format=jpg&name=small

"Wait a minute, that's not Taion" you might be saying. Turns out however, that the legacy of the Hector Birhwhistle also known as H.B, continues in this game. See, he reincarnated as Ahkos in Xenoblade 2

FLMS9G5XwAA5qYK?format=jpg&name=large

And now he's reincarnating as Taion in Xenoblade 3

FLMS9fSXsAAD89g?format=jpg&name=medium

The legacy continues.

FLMREkNUUAUYKLp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Lanz looks to be an Indoline. He's got Addam's hair and he gives off Zeke vibes. He wins.

And lastly

FLMRFJDVUAI5ryp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sena. She wields a Shield Hammer, hopefully this means she won't suck in combat. She also has those blue highlights that Brighid had and she even has a Blade core. No but she's straight-up got Blade features here like Mio, except even more defined because of the Ether lines. Curious.

All of these designs bang and even tho Xenoblade 2 designs never bothered me, i'm finally glad we can look forward to a new game without annoying-ass discourse about anime clothing. Saito is back as the character designer so it seems Monolith Soft wants him to stick around for future titles.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Metroid being short, even if I can't pivot the difficulty down and up again during a playthrough, it wouldn't take me long to get back to where I was.

Oh yeah. Especially since Dread honestly has perfect pacing. Like the one time when i was trying to get sub-4 hour run and i failed, a restart did not take me too long to recover.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The second tragedy here- where is Untitled Fantasy Game? Is it a colony of nanomachines pretending to be a puddle of water we just stepped through and will reformulate into a girl when we least expect it? What kind of development hell has it been going through if it hasn't been consigned to oblivion?

Considering Monolith Soft's 3DS RPG

monolith-3-ds.900x.jpg

went nowhere, i fear it perhaps may have suffered the same fate. I'd say it turned into Xenoblade 3 but it looks like Xenoblade 3 was, at least conceptually, thought of way in advance.

18 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Bosses in 1 were quite unique iirc.

I look forward to the day when you finally play Xenoblade X because if you liked that aspect of Xenoblade 1, then hoo boy, you're in for a treat for Xenoblade X.

And perhaps something else in Xenoblade 3. But that's a later post i'll make.

12 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I thought my Trails-addled brain was acting up when "Melia" said something about Ouroboros, but it seems I wasn't mistaken. I wonder if "Ouroboros" is related to the Fog King?

It's not the first major instance of Ouroboros in Xeno, i'll say that. 

13 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Lastly, when you remember that Xenogears's original name was Project Noah

372ihb.png

Takahashi cannot be stopped.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FLMRAZuUYAAEwDl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

NGL 10/10 design

I like the designs of everyone, but this one i especially like

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All of these designs bang and even tho Xenoblade 2 designs never bothered me, i'm finally glad we can look forward to a new game without annoying-ass discourse about anime clothing. Saito is back as the character designer so it seems Monolith Soft wants him to stick around for future titles

I already saw arguements on reddit on how XB is finally back and that 2 too anime or something lol

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I look forward to the day when you finally play Xenoblade X because if you liked that aspect of Xenoblade 1, then hoo boy, you're in for a treat for Xenoblade X.

Well, i was awaiting a port/DE, but since that will never happen, i will have to emulate it one day

That was a pretty good direct! Lots of stuff. I missed the whole thing, but Threenoblade is rather hype.

...My disappointment at TH Warriors is immeasurable, though. At least it looks better than OG Three Houses...

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm not even that mad the game exists, but it's hard not to laugh at the fact it's coming on 3 years since 3H came out and no mainline/remake FE news in 2 (counting CS).

I'll find a way to laugh with the salt.

Yeah, it was an interesting decision to make choosing that one, if they do have other projects on the queue. Though honestly, this one was bound to be the one finished first since they could just Asset Reuse to speed things up.

Oh i just realized, since the six party members have already been confirmed, that means this will be the first Xenoblade game since Xenoblade X to not feature a playable Nopon.

Well unless you count Torna, which i do, but Torna had zero main Nopons period.

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

That afro is actually horrendous tho.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

I already saw arguements on reddit on how XB is finally back and that 2 too anime or something lol

Reddit lmao

10 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

i will have to emulate it one day

Emulating Xenoblade X

AoE.gif

Oh i just realized, since the six party members have already been confirmed, that means this will be the first Xenoblade game since Xenoblade X to not feature a playable Nopon.

or maybe we are getting more since Party of 4 and all?

but ye no Nopon good

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

...is that a Nopon Rex?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well unless you count Torna, which i do, but Torna had zero main Nopons period.

Don't worry, I'm sure DLC will bring the glorious return of Tatsu.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

or maybe we are getting more since Party of 4 and all?

I could see temporary guests but they've already confirmed the six so....

Six party members, four active is a good balance anyways. That's actually something i'm noticing about the characters: balance. Three from tech nation, three from magic nation. Three guys, three girls. Even colors too but Noah had to wear red.

Thanos is very pleased.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't worry, I'm sure DLC will bring the glorious return of Tatsu.

You mean target practice.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's not the first major instance of Ouroboros in Xeno, i'll say that. 

"A dragon that signifies eternity. In biting its own tail, it forms a neverending circle. In alchemy, the art of Hermes, it is considered an important material to create the Philosopher's Stone. Some of Ouroboros' aspects are similar to those of Oceanus in Greek lore and the Biblical Leviathan."

-Although Wikipedia indicates the oldest known serpent-eating-tail depiction goes back to Neolithic China, before the dawn of civilization. And it has been found in indigenous American mythologies, so the Ouroboros concept had to have been invented at least twice.

Red is a thing with all Xenoblade protags (even if Rex doesn't wear it). I like him, he cool.

I have my doubts Elma will be wearing red in X2. But then thats what the returned Lone Hero is for.

Considering Monolith Soft's 3DS RPG

monolith-3-ds.900x.jpg

went nowhere, i fear it perhaps may have suffered the same fate.

I wasn't aware this 3DS title even existed. Oh well. Rest in peace. Though it would be nice to see Monolith take charge of another non-Xeno game, sure their record on that front is mixed as you've personally experienced, but maybe it would be refreshing for a few employees at the company.

The legacy continues.

It's nowhere near as blatant though. Akhos could've randomly chucked "Superior!" into his dialogue and I wouldn't have batted an eye.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Well, i was awaiting a port/DE, but since that will never happen, i will have to emulate it one day

How are you going to emulate a Wii U title? I know Dolphin does a fine job at Wii, but we're talking a major technical step up.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

...is that a Nopon Rex?

I had speculated Kino & Whats Her Name In FC were Rex & Pyra in Nopon form before. Given the Nopon Sage and Divine Nopon are some of the oldest living high-intelligence beings in the Xeno games, perhaps transmigrating your souls into roly-poly bodies wouldn't be the worst of ideas.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How are you going to emulate a Wii U title? I know Dolphin does a fine job at Wii, but we're talking a major technical step up

My current PC should be able to run Cemu....

Just now, Shrimpresident said:

My current PC should be able to run Cemu....

That exists? I thought it was stated here that PS3 emulation is only in the beginning stages (relevant as being sorta comparable). But then the Wii U can natively run Wii games, maybe the programming isn't that different.

FLMbi_0WUAENVte?format=jpg&name=medium

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That exists? I thought it was stated here that PS3 emulation is only in the beginning stages (relevant as being sorta comparable). But then the Wii U can natively run Wii games, maybe the programming isn't that different.

The jokes aside, i know Wii U emulation is possible. A pain in the ass to get it to work maybe but possible.

I do think X is best enjoyed legitimately but you do what you gotta do.