Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

FLMbi_0WUAENVte?format=jpg&name=medium

That "origami" reminds me of this, a Shikigami:

tumblr_ormdi6k3z21qi4ajvo3_1280.png

"A type of demon gods used since ancient times in Japanese divination. There are many different types of Shikigami, some taking the form of paper, others of elements, and still others of various monsters and demons. They cannot be seen by ordinary people, and possess the ability to change themselves into many shapes. The famous diviner Abe-no-Seimei commanded the so-called Twelve Divine Generals, the most powerful of all Shikigami. Besides carrying out secret missions for Seimei, these Shikigami also performed various everyday tasks for him. The Shikigami commanded in the Izanagi school of divination practiced in Kochi on the island of Shikoku is called Shiki-Oji, and is said to be extremely powerful."

In both SMT and Warriors Orochi 3, the two times I've seen the term "Shikigami" used in video games, it was as papercraft beings.

Mayhaps the new guy could conjure up a shikigami once or twice?

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

There's a Minister for Salt in TS.

I propose we have our own.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it was an interesting decision to make choosing that one, if they do have other projects on the queue. Though honestly, this one was bound to be the one finished first since they could just Asset Reuse to speed things up.

The art of the assetflip

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That exists? I thought it was stated here that PS3 emulation is only in the beginning stages (relevant as being sorta comparable). But then the Wii U can natively run Wii games, maybe the programming isn't that different.

Ninty emulation is usually ages ahead of PS

Ok time for the world: Aionois, which is very clearly Alrest and the "onis" naming scheme of Xenoblade 1 fused together. In these shots we can see

Screenshot_6524.png?width=769&height=432

The cliffs of Gaur Plains

Screenshot_6525.png?width=769&height=432

This fucking gorgeous shot in which we can see the mouth of Uraya. But more interestingly, Noah is walking on the finger tip of the Fallen Arm

The geography is very Xenoblade X-like.

FLMVbKwXMAAAhO5?format=jpg&name=large

Same place, though the rust suggests thousands of years have passed.

Screenshot_6526.png?width=769&height=432

What remains of Sword Valley, and you can also see the tail of Gormott there. The ancient hand of the Mechonis is still holding onto the sword.

Screenshot_6527.png?width=769&height=432

The Fallen Arm has turned into a desert. 

....Monolith Soft. Please for the love of God tell me those are Collection Points and not Item Spheres. 

Screenshot_6530.png?width=769&height=432

This feels more like a mix of Oblivia and the floating structure of Cauldors. Ziplining huh. Once again, another suggestion that this world is more massive than it appears.

Honestly, i think this is gonna be an appeal of this game. Seeing sights from the previous game, transformed by the passage of time. Uraya is deceased but do it's people live on? Does Fonsa Myma still exist (renamed probably) or is it all just ruins now.

Screenshot_6533.png?width=769&height=432

GODZILLA

Yeah so this game is incapable of being bad. And once again, there's that Xenoblade X influence. That's an absolutely massive creature. The Squoods in Xenoblade 2 are pretty big but they were also localized to like one specific area. The fact that Godzilla over here is just chillin'. We could be seeing more similarly-sized creatures, perhaps even bigger.

Screenshot_6534.png?width=769&height=432

Like right here. And those dark clouds or whatever are reminiscent of Fog Beast particles.

Screenshot_6532.png?width=769&height=432

This plays is likely Colony 9, however many thousand years into the future. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mayhaps the new guy could conjure up a shikigami once or twice?

That seems to be his weapon. He can make birds at least. Time will tell whether he can make other things.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6525.png?width=769&height=432

This fucking gorgeous shot

Pretty screenshot is lifting my unfairly resentful mood, good.😀

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6533.png?width=769&height=432

GODZILLA

...Are they seriously expecting us to kill something like that without a Skell?😮 I think I'd rather let it eat me and then kill it from the inside, digestive juices and a little biting being less dangerous than a swipe of that hulking massive tail.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Are they seriously expecting us to kill something like that without a Skell?😮 I think I'd rather let it eat me and then kill it from the inside, digestive juices and a little biting being less dangerous than a swipe of that hulking massive tail.

Just watch out if you find a Mime inside...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Just watch out if you find a Mime inside...

As if I wouldn't know how to deal with Gogo. And you're mixing his appearances here, the "do nothing or murder by meteor will befall you" was the underwater temple visit in FFV.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

As if I wouldn't know how to deal with Gogo. And you're mixing his appearances here, the "do nothing or murder by meteor will befall you" was the underwater temple visit in FFV.

Well, it's Xenoblade, might as well be the looking-for-a-match Gogo.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are they seriously expecting us to kill something like that without a Skell?

Maybe we will get a Mecha or some sort of rideable Vehicle?

I mean

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6532.png?width=769&height=432

Here we ride a boat, so maybe we will get something?

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'd rather let it eat me and then kill it from the inside, digestive juices and a little biting

Yoshi's Island moment

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pretty screenshot is lifting my unfairly resentful mood, good.😀

In a few months, they will reveal that fall damage has been deleted. I'm gonna make that call.

Honestly, with this landscape, i don't see how it wouldn't have Xenoblade X movement.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remember, the Squoods. 

Also

Not the first time.

1 minute ago, Shrimpresident said:

Maybe we will get a Mecha

Wouldn't be Xeno without mechs.

We already see mechs here but like, they aren't ours.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, with this landscape, i don't see how it wouldn't have Xenoblade X movement.

If sprinting is a thing again, PLS remap it though! Pressing L3 ad infinitum will cause Joy-Con drift in a week's normal play.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Remember, the Squoods. 

...Which I never got to fighting.😅

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not the first time.

I am well aware of Overdrive. Although I never went any bigger than a Sylooth or Xe-dom when it came Overdriven giant slaying. 

And technically, the first time would possibly be the optional desert area at the end of Xenogears where you were expected to fight rather large dragons on foot. Not sure if that qualifies.

IMG_20220209_223856.jpg

Time to suffer.

41 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Man, reading XB3 comments over the net (not just reddit) be like

"Designs good"

"Designs boring"

"XB2 designs trash"

Etc.

Sorry to say Armagon but that argument will never end

Me on my deathbed when Xenoblade 69 comes out and my great grandson tells me people are still arguing over Xenoblade 2 designs

Palpatine-TROS-infobox.jpg

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And technically, the first time would possibly be the optional desert area at the end of Xenogears where you were expected to fight rather large dragons on foot. Not sure if that qualifies.

Well the sprites don't give a good representation of how big they were.

Also i don't think i went there.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Those maps of XC3 look gorgeous, as they always have! Damn Monolith is amazing at world design, always so in depth and acurate!

Monolith Soft remains undefeated. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Monolith Soft remains undefeated

I would thumbs up this comment but phone doesnt let me, sorry. Xd

Honestly, how real do the worlds in XCX feel? When I first played, every creature roaming around felt like they belonged exactly where they were. I got that sense of "fear" of being a weak creature on a alien location, when traveling the world. Every area feels unique and no sight of reused assets and whatnot makes it special and amazing every playthrough imo.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, ANY hit? Oh wow...

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The creatures behaving uniquely depending on location and ToD.

All we need now is creatures actively hunting down other creatures. 

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, this is an actual thing? lol

Amazon.com: Godzilla vs. Kong: Sometimes Friends Fight: (But They Always  Make Up) (Friendship Books for Kids, Kindness Books, Counting Books, Pop  Culture Board Books, PlayPop): 9781647221744: Herring, Carol: Libros

Yep.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

All we need now is creatures actively hunting down other creatures. 

I was thinking the same thing. Most of the time, wildlife doesn't care about Man. Having indigens fight each other would make it feel more lived in. No reason XC can't do it if FFXIII made it happen on the PS3.

And nitpick- the millesaur entry says they lay eggs, I would've liked to see them. I wouldn't mind if the afterthought flavor text of the various species was taken more seriously and shown ingame.

The Ganglion bases could've consisted of more than guard towers too, that was their problem. Prone and Marmucks gotta eat, toss a kitchen or mess hall in there somewhere.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer