Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just have watched the Direct.

It was nice after all.

Forgotten Land looks phenomenal and Xenoblade 3 is a big pog. However only seeing Warriors to get a DLC as whole Fire Emblem representation was a disappointment. Not only because I do not like this game, but also because it is a spin-off. Not interested in this DLC at all. I have not played Klonoa yet, but the game looks nice. Otherwise not much to say. If Kirby becomes as it looks like rn, I will be super satisfied! Xenoblade 3 looks fantastic too, just would love to see X getting a port for Switch.

Edited by Julizan

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, this is an actual thing? lol

Amazon.com: Godzilla vs. Kong: Sometimes Friends Fight: (But They Always  Make Up) (Friendship Books for Kids, Kindness Books, Counting Books, Pop  Culture Board Books, PlayPop): 9781647221744: Herring, Carol: Libros

Friendship helps Godzilla climb up buildings? Friendship is dangerous.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have awakened.

Live a Live is still getting a remake, right? I didn't dream that, did I?

So far it's still in my wishlist.

Unless I'm dreaming this I think that's still the case.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

...What is going on in the news stations in the US?

You've never heard of American "culture wars" before? Right-wing crazies always think the tiniest cultural changes are signs that the country has fallen in dystopian madness and that we're doomed. I mean we are doomed, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the gender of gingerbread men.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have awakened.

Live a Live is still getting a remake, right? I didn't dream that, did I?

That wasn't. *Goes all anime pinching your body everywhere and you act deeply uncomfortable with it.*

I mean, that Square Enix would do it isn't without precedent. Giving an old not-DQ game 2.5 HD treatment is, but stand back and look at the bigger picture. You know what you can find on the Switch eShop and other digital storefronts?

1. Romancing Saga 2
  2. Romancing Saga 3
  3. Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend
  4. SaGa Frontier Remastered (complete with restored missing scenes and characters)
  5. Collection of Mana
  6. Legend of Mana
  7. Actraiser
  8. In the same Direct as LaL's reveal- Chrono Cross.
  9. Also in the same Direct as LaL and CC- Front Mission 1 and 2.

Square has shown a recent willingness to take the more obscure JRPGs out of its vault, and with varying degrees of additional polish, make them available to modern gamers.

There are still titles missing from this refurbishing campaign: 

1. Romancing Saga 1
  2. SaGa Frontier 2 (Which reads like it had severe story cuts.)
  3. Treasure of Rudras (Which can't be translated because the first thing that an English YouTuber would put up is someone casting the spell called "PENIS".)
  4. The Quintet trio of Soul Blazer-Illusion of Gaia-Terranigma
  5. Secret of Evermore
  6. Brave Fencer Musashi
  7. Threads of Fate
  8. Vagrant Story
  9. Xenogears (Now if you're talking about dreams, it'd be Square letting Nintendo help with a major remake of this.)

...There could be more stuff I'm missing. And where are Chrono Trigger and DQs IV-VI on the Switch?

I don't mind Square doing this, as for many, their best days lay in this cold, dead past.

So that scene with the boat in Xenoblade 3. I said it was around future Colony 9 based on the Bionis remains in the background. But upon closer inspection

IMG_20220210_070437.jpg?width=580&height

IMG_20220210_070439.jpg?width=768&height

That's a Leftherian Titan. Or what remains of it.

We never did actually see where Leftheria ended up.

You know what else has been brought to my attention

IMG_20220210_074232.jpg?width=409&height

enhance

20220210_082524.jpg

Now where have we seen that before? Hmmmmm.

Also Keves in Hebrew means lamb and Agnus in Latin means lamb. 

6 hours ago, Benice said:

@Armagon

You'll probably have already seen this, but it might interest you if you haven't!

It's neat but sadly, it's not up to him anymore since he left and Sony owns the IP.

The Gravity Rush games should absolutely get ported to PC tho and by that, i mean the second game because the first game is ass.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You know what you can find on the Switch eShop and other digital storefronts?

1. Romancing Saga 2
  2. Romancing Saga 3
4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There are still titles missing from this refurbishing campaign: 

1. Romancing Saga 1

???????????? That's weird.

Not gonna lie, I'd be all for having the original soundtrack in the LiveALive remake as well.

I mean, listen to this.

Also, apparently the people working on 3H's concept art have been forgetting to use different crest stones in the different weapons this whole time. For four years. Two full games.

I am now going to overdose on salt.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Treasure of Rudras (Which can't be translated because the first thing that an English YouTuber would put up is someone casting the spell called "PENIS".)

Please, we need this.

This chance.

To use swear magic.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Quintet trio of Soul Blazer-Illusion of Gaia-Terranigma

Terranigma would be a YES from me.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...There could be more stuff I'm missing. And where are Chrono Trigger and DQs IV-VI on the Switch?

I was expecting more on NSO to be honest and when CC came up I thought they'd mention CT.

Sadly not. For those who've not played, I have the DS port.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

???????????? That's weird.

No idea why they haven't. Wikipedia says the Super Famicom original sold over 1 million, critical reception was iffy (expectable of the more experimental SaGa franchise), but 1 mil in Japan sounds like a "classic" to me.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

enhance

20220210_082524.jpg

Already spotting the Zohar? What people's eyes see. While mine choose to see nothing.😄

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also Keves in Hebrew means lamb and Agnus in Latin means lamb. 

*Remembers Dominia using that word*

...Is Future NLA hiding in the planet's upper atmosphere playing puppet master? See if you can discern any visual abnormalities in the sky that indicate its cloaking function has had a quarter-second glitch.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

So far it's still in my wishlist.

Unless I'm dreaming this I think that's still the case.

Good. Good. Thank goodness.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That wasn't. *Goes all anime pinching your body everywhere and you act deeply uncomfortable with it.*

ACK

23 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Not gonna lie, I'd be all for having the original soundtrack in the LiveALive remake as well.

I mean, listen to this.

You can hear some of the orchestrated title theme in the trailer.

The rest, we'll have to wait for.

Good choices by the way

After beating Scorpius in Metroid Dread's Dread Mode, i believe as far as enemy durability goes, it's on Normal Mode levels rather than the tougher Hard Mode levels. Which makes sense, given that in Dread Mode, all it takes is one hit to die. So having the enemies be not as tough as they are in Hard Mode is a good balance and makes this no-damage mode actually balanced and not a fuck you bad difficulty.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Already spotting the Zohar? What people's eyes see. While mine choose to see nothing.😄

For all we know, it could just be like Xenoblade X where the imagery is just there to look neat.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Is Future NLA hiding in the planet's upper atmosphere playing puppet master? See if you can discern any visual abnormalities in the sky that indicate its cloaking function has had a quarter-second glitch.

Honestly, jokes aside, i do believe there is at least a third faction. Xeno has always had multiple factions and the only reason Xenoblade 1 just split it between Bionis and Mechonis was because that game wasn't originally conceived as a Xeno game.

Whether this third faction is a Solaris-like nation or something else entirely, we'll see. We don't know who the villains are and i don't think Melia and Nia will actually end up being antagonists (at least later in the story) either. As a side note, i do wonder if Nomura will come back to do the villain designs.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

After beating Scorpius in Metroid Dread's Dread Mode, i believe as far as enemy durability goes, it's on Normal Mode levels rather than the tougher Hard Mode levels. Which makes sense, given that in Dread Mode, all it takes is one hit to die. So having the enemies be not as tough as they are in Hard Mode is a good balance and makes this no-damage mode actually balanced and not a fuck you bad difficulty.

Absolute Dread: Hard durability, 1-hit death, Ironman

Unlocks Samus a neat hat.

27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Nothing out of the ordinary. Did you not hear about Minnie Mouse?

The worst part is because they made such a fuss about her having pants you can't say you didn't like the colour choices without being lumped in with them /s

The Direct gave me a problem where there are too many good games releasing this year. Kirby is good, Mario Strikers is good, Portal is good, Three Hopes is good, Xenoblade 3 is obviously good, Mario Kart DLC is good, and BotW2 is apparently still releasing this year. At least I have Sky the 3rd to play in the meantime.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, jokes aside, i do believe there is at least a third faction. Xeno has always had multiple factions and the only reason Xenoblade 1 just split it between Bionis and Mechonis was because that game wasn't originally conceived as a Xeno game.

Whether this third faction is a Solaris-like nation or something else entirely, we'll see. We don't know who the villains are and i don't think Melia and Nia will actually end up being antagonists (at least later in the story) either. As a side note, i do wonder if Nomura will come back to do the villain designs.

I think Melia and Nia will initially be antagonistic towards the party but not villains. Ouroboros, whatever it is, is either some kind of monster species or an evil faction Trails intensifies. And Vandham the 3rd said there is a "true enemy", not to mention if the Fog King gets explained here.

I can't wait for Poppi to be an endgame party member who is, once you play enough Tiger! Tiger!, strong enough to solo the rest of the game.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good to see you around, though! Saw anything good for yourself in the direct?

Might get Mario Strikers, since that game was a pretty big favorite of my family when I was little. Triangle Strategy is also one I'm getting (still an F for that title lol)

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Might get Mario Strikers, since that game was a pretty big favorite of my family when I was little.

New Mario Strikers does sound good, but I want to be cautious there. Mario's recent sports games haven't been exactly stellar.

5 minutes ago, Spara said:

Triangle Strategy is also one I'm getting (still an F for that title lol)

I was still flipping out over Live a Live and completely missed the TS trailer. Was anything of note said? Benedict a traitor confirmed just to spite me?

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was still flipping out over Live a Live and completely missed the TS trailer. Was anything of note said? Benedict a traitor confirmed just to spite me?

Pretty standard footage (we didn't see Benedict saying he couldn't follow Seranoa any longer yet unlike Francisa), demo with the first three chapters that can transfer data was announced and put up last night.

Played a fair bit in last night, definitely slow to start story wise (again, first chapters, world and character introductions and how they interplay but I do think it could improve on that but the specifics I didn't have a full idea on yet) and while the first map wasn't hard I did lose two on the second (with it looking pretty bad for the rest) and decide I'd retry. I want to load up the old demo to compare actually, but having units at the start does make them somewhat weaker so obviously they're not as strong as in the first demo.

This game will have salt memes. I am here for them.

See, the problem now is that I'm waiting on multiple games later in the year but have no games to play right now. Other than Ross, but I'd like a little break from Ross now.

Eh. Maybe I could play Pokemon Esmeralda. It's been on my mind since it came up the other day. I dunno, I was bored out of my mind with Green Leaf, but this isn't Green Leaf. Maybe if nothing else comes up...

Aaaaargh! I need Garonquest to be finished, and I need it now!

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Pretty standard footage (we didn't see Benedict saying he couldn't follow Seranoa any longer yet unlike Francisa), demo with the first three chapters that can transfer data was announced and put up last night.

Played a fair bit in last night, definitely slow to start story wise (again, first chapters, world and character introductions and how they interplay but I do think it could improve on that but the specifics I didn't have a full idea on yet) and while the first map wasn't hard I did lose two on the second (with it looking pretty bad for the rest) and decide I'd retry. I want to load up the old demo to compare actually, but having units at the start does make them somewhat weaker so obviously they're not as strong as in the first demo.

The demo does sound pretty sweet. I'll check it out at some point.

…So, not only did Elric of Melinbone, an albino elf sorcerer emperor, fight in the Third Crusade but he also helped to found the Knights Templar due to a dispute over a horse. Emperor do I love this series.

Edited by WraithReborn

37 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This game will have salt memes. I am here for them.

Is the demo improved over the old one?