Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, the drift is real. Can't keep the camera straight for more the 5-10 sec at a time. I really don't want to buy more joy-cons. Oof.

Oof, that's rough. Sorry that's happening to you!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And i bet that's not even all of them xD

Oh boy! XD

---

*Umu intensifies*
GzNr3Y4.jpg

Aluche's first Servan! Yay!
Though Servans aren't as important in NoA2 as they were in the original game. For one thing, you can only ever bring up to two Servans with you, and some can remove obstacles in the areas for you (which creates forced revisiting of certain areas if you want to explore everything), but the original game's Servan system felt a lot more involved and the creatures themselves were much more central to the combat than they are here.

And while I am at it, I love this game to bits, but quality-wise, the first Nights of Azure blows it out of the water. I'm guessing they didn't have as big a budget to work with for this one, because it runs a little less smooth (particularly in combat) and the environments look a little washed out compared to the first game.
Also, fun fact: Nights of Azure 2 and Blue Reflection were part of the same development project at Gust.

Doesn't change the fact that I prefer Malvasia to Ludegert by a mile, however.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

get a pro controller

I already own one. But the room where my gaming setup is gets stupidly hot in the summer and I have no other place to play. So handheld mode is my only option.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks. A new set of joy-cons is about $80. And I'm on a budget, so yeah. It's crappy.

Give ninty a call, as Emmy said. Afaik in the US they should switch/repair them for free

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For example, non of the Pokemon games are there lol

I see!
Well, depending on which ones you've played, they might not even be worth including. XD

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks. A new set of joy-cons is about $80. And I'm on a budget, so yeah. It's crappy.

Ouch!

EDIT: Nevermind! You said it yourself, already!

Edited by DragonFlames
NINJA'D!!!

I got my nintendo switch just over a year ago, so i don't experience drift, but my sister has had her switch for at least 2 or 3 so she gets a loooot of drift.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

GzNr3Y4.jpg

Aluche's first Servan! Yay!
Though Servans aren't as important in NoA2 as they were in the original game. For one thing, you can only ever bring up to two Servans with you, and some can remove obstacles in the areas for you (which creates forced revisiting of certain areas if you want to explore everything), but the original game's Servan system felt a lot more involved and the creatures themselves were much more central to the combat than they are here.

And while I am at it, I love this game to bits, but quality-wise, the first Nights of Azure blows it out of the water. I'm guessing they didn't have as big a budget to work with for this one, because it runs a little less smooth (particularly in combat) and the environments look a little washed out compared to the first game.
Also, fun fact: Nights of Azure 2 and Blue Reflection were part of the same development project at Gust.

Doesn't change the fact that I prefer Malvasia to Ludegert by a mile, however.

Kitty!

And I know about those two games being part of the same development project. It explains why the protagonists of both games had the other's outfit as DLC (though there's something to be said about a school-age girl waking around dressed like Aluche... Hoshinomiya's dress code must be really really lax). 

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I got my Switch around the time of Three Houses' release, so it's one year old, as well, I believe.
I have no drift to report, either. And I sincerely hope it'll stay that way.

I got my switch just 2 days before the release and then was like "what is fire emblem three houses sounds cool" and then bought it like 5 months later.

Edited by Emmy

42 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

tfw this one was actually my favorite BECAUSE of how silly it was. XD

It is pretty funny. It's also just really stupid though not necessarily in a bad way.

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, the drift is real. Can't keep the camera straight for more the 5-10 sec at a time. I really don't want to buy more joy-cons. Oof.

RIP.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Kitty!

Fire-spitting kitty!

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

And I know about those two games being part of the same development project. It explains why the protagonists of both games had the other's outfit as DLC (though there's something to be said about a school-age girl waking around dressed like Aluche... Hoshinomiya's dress code must be really really lax). 

That is must be, yeah. XD
That Hinako's outfit was available for Aluche or vice-versa is something I did not know. Was it the school uniform or the Reflector outfit?
And there's another hint: compare the final boss of Blue Reflection to that giant armor thing that envelops Malvasia for her final form. They look pretty dang similar. And of course there's the thing with both Aluche and Hinako having a glowing blue eye.
But it's pretty obvious which game got the bigger budget to work with, performance and graphics-wise.

2 minutes ago, Emmy said:

I got my switch just 2 days before the release and then was like "what is fire emblem three houses sounds cool" and then bought it like 5 months later.

What were you playing in the meantime?

Just now, Armagon said:

It is pretty funny. It's also just really stupid though not necessarily in a bad way.

True. There is positive stupidity, especially in comedy.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That is must be, yeah. XD
That Hinako's outfit was available for Aluche or vice-versa is something I did not know. Was it the school uniform or the Reflector outfit?
And there's another hint: compare the final boss of Blue Reflection to that giant armor thing that envelops Malvasia for her final form. They look pretty dang similar. And of course there's the thing with both Aluche and Hinako having a glowing blue eye.
But it's pretty obvious which game got the bigger budget to work with, performance and graphics-wise.

The school uniform. Anyway, yeah; I'd think a girl showing up like that would probably get a lot of attention (and this is the same game that has all the main characters [by which I mean Hinako, the sisters, and the schoolgirls that can support the former three against those big-ass monstrosities] get swimsuits as DLC; that said, it also has a resort as DLC).

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fire-spitting kitty!

What's your favorite Servan?

Just now, Shadow Mir said:
The school uniform.

Aww, that's kinda disappointing. I like the Reflector outfit. It looks great!

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Anyway, yeah; I'd think a girl showing up like that would probably get a lot of attention (and this is the same game that has all the main characters [by which I mean Hinako, the sisters, and the schoolgirls that can support the former three against those big-ass monstrosities] get swimsuits as DLC; that said, it also has a resort as DLC).

I should've known...
Despite me having Blue Reflection in my top three games of all time alongside Megadimension Neptunia VII and Nights of Azure, I haven't bought any DLC for it. It didn't seem too interesting, all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What's your favorite Servan?

From 2 or the original?
If it's from 2, then easily this little guy:
n3M8AOE.jpg
OP as heck, cute as a button, and with an incredibly sad backstory. I like Spora!

And when we're talking original game, then it's a tie between these two:
ZUvPAoP.jpgKIsmg70.jpg

Wood Golem wins when it comes to sheer adorableness, though.
Alraune meanwhile is pretty much the most useful Servan you can have with you by virtue of being a healer.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Other than a Procon, there are alternatives that are not too pricey. 8bitdo is a good place to start.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I loved Gen 7 and Gen 2 remakes though

I didn't even bother with 7 after finding the demo to be a soulless slog after caving in to my morbid curiosity (originally, I didn't even want to play the demo) and the creature designs to be... something of an eyesore, in all honesty. 7 was the Gen that made me decide to quit Pokémon for good.
As for Gen 2 remakes... eh. Way too slow to really be enjoyable imo. Like everything Gen 4.
Also, they utterly botched the battle theme for my favorite Pokémon.

But that's just my highly unqualified take on things.
I'm sorry.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Tales of Xillia 2 just came in, in English this time!

have fun 😄

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't even bother with 7 after finding the demo to be a soulless slog after caving in to my morbid curiosity (originally, I didn't even want to play the demo) and the creature designs to be... something of an eyesore, in all honesty. 7 was the Gen that made me decide to quit Pokémon for good.
As for Gen 2 remakes... eh. Way too slow to really be enjoyable imo. Like everything Gen 4.
Also, they utterly botched the battle theme for my favorite Pokémon.

But that's just my highly unqualified take on things, as usual. XD

Nah i can understand your complaints very well, and even agree with them.

Thing is, the reason i loved gen 7 is becase it was actually different, ya know?

For once, it felt like a proper RPG. Could've totally done with a tutorial free mode and a skip button though

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Nah i can understand your complaints very well, and even agree with them.

Thing is, the reason i loved gen 7 is becase it was actually different, ya know?

For once, it felt like a proper RPG. Could've totally done with a tutorial free mode and a skip button though

I get ya.

I just found the world to be utterly soulless from what I've seen and the music was nothing short of annoying from what I've listened to (which is the entire soundtrack).
And the main draw of the franchise has always been the creatures themselves. And when I don't even really like a single one of them, I have to ask "Why bother?". Even in Gen 2 and 4, where I also wasn't really a fan of most of the designs, there were at least some Pokémon where I was like "okay, yeah, this thing's awesome". Not the case for Gen 7.

Pokémon is to me what Trails is to you, but I think I mentioned this somewhere already.
Another difference is that my love for the old games has fizzled out, as well. I still like some of them, but definitely not to the degree that I used to.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy! ^^

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

have fun 😄

I will indeed! Thank you both! 

I really appreciate all of the support, if I haven't mentioned it already. You guys have been amazing!