Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Spider-man.meme

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I still have yet to beat these haha.

2 of them were very doable

The other 2 were SoBs

Especially the one with all Seal attack, had to retry that like 5 times to defeat him lol

• Replies 176k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Spoiler

MoXcekr.jpg
Tx15vMB.jpg

Not often you fight a lvl100 final boss while your Party is also lvl 100

Tfw i need lvl500 curry for true end

Why

Edit: Actually you don't need curry end requirements for true end. Why do the guides mention it as a requirement though...

will post my full thoughts a bit later

Edited by Shrimperor

Congrats on finishing Atelier Lulua, @Shrimperor!

Spoiler

How did you like Lulua essentially becoming a multi-dimensional time lord? This is what I meant when I said Atelier protags are OP.

Also, Rorona's line was the best: "Screw common sense!" XD

In any case, I hope you enjoyed the game!

---

So, I came face to face with the first boss of Nights of Azure 2. A gigantic fish that can somehow swim through solid ground as if it was water. And also float through the air.
Because reasons.
Also, the thing's name is downright hilarious. After Count Rosier, Mistral, Mavelus, Milaya (man, Nights of Azure loves its bosses whose names start with "M", eh?), Christophorus, and Ludegert, we get...

Joe.
Joe.

NYHGnl8.jpg
Flayn would have a field day with this.

My first try against this guy... didn't go too hot. His charge attacks are easily avoided, but I didn't remember that he has some very powerful long range and AOE attacks as well, and got completely blindsided on my first go around.

Speaking of charge attacks, do you see those barrels in the background there? Those actually contain oil. What you are supposed to do in this fight is lure him to charge into the barrels, thus covering him with oil and then use Nero's Servan Burst (a strong fire breath) to burn him. When he's burning, he becomes vulnerable, his defenses drop considerably, and he steadily loses health, too. However, doing this only once doesn't suffice, sadly.
yymBbhp.jpg
Sigurded.

In all honesty, playing this game on Normal mode on my first and second playthroughs, I managed to defeat Joe without making use of this tactic.
Not the case on Extreme, which is probably why I lost on my first try. I've said this before, but Extreme difficulty in this game really makes me appreciate the combat a lot more. The first Nights of Azure was already like this, but Nights of Azure 2 on Extreme difficulty really proves that musou-style combat doesn't have to equal mindless button-mashing.

Once defeated, something very strange happens: the giant fish plops down on the ground, unconscious, but then... a much smaller fish pops out.
6O1IGWA.jpg

lmao

So, full thoughts incoming

-First of all, the Music was fantastic. By far the highest point of the game. So damn amazing *eargasm*

-For probably the first time in my life, i actually like an item crafting system, it was pretty damn fun. Didn't expect that, honestly.

-Gameplay was so-so, but it got much better later on. Some of you might remember that i said ''The battle system doesn't make full use of the alchemy system, at all'' and while i still kinda stand by this, late game (starting ch8 or so) the game really tests your mettles and you have to be quite good at crafting. Even with my super op equipment the final chapter and S quest bosses were quite tough. Even final dungeon mobs were quite a bit of trouble.

-On the character side...Game needed more interaction between it's party members. While Lulua is fun and all, i also wanted to see the others interacting with each other.

-Speaking of characters....Stia...For how important she is, she's just kinda... there? Suddenly the plot started focusing on her and i was like ''wat?''. 

Spoiler

Lulua, being Lulua, would save/help people yes, but the game acting like Lulua and Sita being soulmates or something was weird. 

Stia needed much more development and/or screentime. Should've been playable tbh and maybe replaced one of the party members. Or maybe fused with one of them...

-Same with story, i wanted other characters involved more in it, ya know? Also more exploring of the acient society, eastern continent, etc...Although the endgame was pretty wild ngl. Alchemy op.

-For how wild the endgame was, the epilogue was kinda....weak? ''Jo we're going there Stia, let's go!'' Atleast the Sterk/Rorona ending was cool

All in all, it was fun, but alot of wasted potential

7/10

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

How did you like Lulua essentially becoming a multi-dimensional time lord? 

I was like ''girl are you crazy?'' xD

She too op

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In any case, I hope you enjoyed the game!

It was fun, and i'll definetly check out some other titles in the series some time.

Edited by Shrimperor

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

-Speaking of characters....Stia...For how important she is, she's just kinda... there? Suddenly the plot started focusing on her and i was like ''wat?''. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lulua, being Lulua, would save/help people yes, but the game acting like Lulua and Sita being soulmates or something was weird. 

Stia needed much more development and/or screentime. Should've been playable tbh and maybe replaced one of the party members. Or maybe fused with one of them...

This was one of my gripes, as well. Probably the weakest part of the story for me.

7/10

That's fair, I think.

Personally, I'd give it a 9 if I had to score it.

I was like ''girl are you crazy?'' xD

And Lulua: "Why yes, I am!" XD

i'll definetly check out some other titles in the series some time.

Very nice!
I can recommend Atelier Sophie, and Rorona. Ryza is pretty good, too!
And Meruru, though in that game, time limit is stressful, particularly towards the end.

In any case, welcome to Atelier! 😄

Edited by DragonFlames

Btw, any website with the CGs? wanna use some as wallpapers

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Personally, I'd give it a 9 if I had to score it

That's quite high hehe. I guess stuff that bothered me didn't bother you as much?

These are the games i rate ~9, as an example

d0XhW48.png

while ~7s are

rmHBHoh.png

game list coming in handy

And Lulua: "Why yes, I am!" XD

Lulua_open_mouth_hand_raise.png xD

Very nice!
I can recommend Atelier Sophie, and Rorona. Ryza is pretty good, too!
And Meruru, though in that game, time limit is stressful, particularly towards the end.

Time limit scares me ngl, especially with how much time i wasted in Lulua lool

Edited by Shrimperor

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw, any website with the CGs? wanna use some as wallpapers

Sadly, I'm still looking for one myself. I want them as wallpapers, too!

That's quite high hehe. I guess stuff that bothered me didn't bother you as much?

Except for the Stia thing I mentioned earlier, and the fact that some bosses can attack you twice in one turn (and the final boss has instakills - hence why I said to get Angel Charms), I actually loved everything about it, and I still do. It is my favorite Atelier game, after all!

These are the game i rate ~9, as an example

d0XhW48.png

while ~7s are

rmHBHoh.png

game list coming in handy

Very much so!

I see, I see!
For me, DSV is a 9 like Lulua, I agree with you on FFF, and Re;Birth 3 I gave an 8, I think.

Maybe I should do one of these, too.

Time limit scares me ngl, especially with how much time i wasted in Lulua lool

I was scared at first, too. But in Rorona, it's very manageable.
Only Totori managed to f*** me over with its time limits, because it's very strict there, and in Meruru, I had to improvise to go for a different ending to avoid the bad one, but I managed. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

8ZKUqP3.png

F

A big one.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

and the fact that some bosses can attack you twice in one turn

While i find this kinda bs, the bosses needed something to make them challenging, so i wasn't mad about that.

i was more angry when they used Seal attacks, because sealing my whole party = pretty much a wipe

I do think the Stia thing is quite a major gripe though

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Re;Birth 3 I gave an 8

My Nep scores

rmQNAUv.png

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Only Totori managed to f*** me over with its time limits, because it's very strict there

F

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A big one.

Honestly, i didn't even notice the
D
E
D

on the characters pannel until someone pointed it to me lol

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I do think the Stia thing is quite a major gripe though

That's fine, I think. It was a big one, but not enough to take away too much from my overall enjoyment.

My Nep scores

rmQNAUv.png

MegaNep too low 0/10 worst list ever.
I'm joking, of course. XD

F

Yep.
Wasn't able to complete the game because of that. This is also why Totori is my least favorite out of the Arland protags, while Meruru and Lulua share the spot for favorite, with Meruru winning out slightly (I know I said before that I liked Lulua the most, but upon reflection, it's Meruru).

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i didn't even notice the
D
E
D

on the characters pannel until someone pointed it to me lol

XD
It's fitting, though!

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

MegaNep too low 0/10 worst list ever.

Actually MegaNep was almost a 9 for me

but it was bit too easy for my taste, and a game getting a 9 has to be quiet a bit challenging as well, hence the 84 xD

Some bosses were pretty tough, especially come late game, but i needed more tough stuff, so to say xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wasn't able to complete the game because of that. This is also why Totori is my least favorite out of the Arland protags, while Meruru and Lulua share the spot for favorite, with Meruru winning out slightly (I know I said before that I liked Lulua the most, but upon reflection, it's Meruru)

Princess stole your heart, eh?

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Actually MegaNep was almost a 9 for me

but it was bit too easy for my taste, and a game getting a 9 has to be quiet a bit challenging as well, hence the 84 xD

Some bosses were pretty tough, especially come late game, but i needed more tough stuff, so to say xD

I see, I see!
For me, the difficulty was exactly how I like it. Not too easy, not too hard.
But selectable difficulty levels would have been nice for replays, I think!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Princess stole your heart, eh?

... Kinda. XD

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Also one thing I forgot: I did not know you can get the True Ending without getting the Curry Ending first. So, thanks for that info! ^^

Npnp^^

Tbf, all guides mention curry ending as a requirement, but i got the True end option without during the curry ending, so dunno

Thank god, too, because curry ending seems like a pita

8 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Why are you playing both games simultaneously?

Oh I already completed Xillia, now I'm just comparing the beginning of that one to Xillia 2, which I don't find as enjoyable, is all.

Npnp^^

🙂

Tbf, all guides mention curry ending as a requirement, but i got the True end option without during the curry ending, so dunno

That's what I've seen, as well.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thank god, too, because curry ending seems like a pita

Agreed. This is why I've been holding off on getting the True End and wanted to save that for a future playthrough.
But this changes things!

By the way, what did you use to make your spreadsheet?

By the way, what did you use to make your spreadsheet?

plain old Excel

And then exported it to google spreadsheets as a backup and because sorting after a certain column without messing up my data is easier there

Got it, thank you!

npnp^^

If you want i can maybe send you the excel file later today, with everything set up and ready. But i will be away from PC for a bit for now

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

npnp^^

If you want i can maybe send you the excel file later today, with everything set up and ready. But i will be away from PC for a bit for now

Ah, that's fine! I'm already working on it!
Thanks for the offer, though! ^^

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh I already completed Xillia, now I'm just comparing the beginning of that one to Xillia 2, which I don't find as enjoyable, is all.

Oh, I misundestood then.

It sounded like as if you played both games at the same time.

I actually did to some extent.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, only in Persona 2 though. Zan in Persona 1 deals "Blast" damage, because Garu handles Wind and Almighty doesn't exist, Gry exists in P1 but there it's Gravity.

SMT can be a little messy on the elements back in the older days. Considering weakness-targeting wasn't a huge deal (helpful, but not predominating) until SMTIII: Nocturne, it wasn't bad. Consider there are five physical elements in P2: Sword, Ranged, Strike Thrown, and Havoc. What the heck is "Havoc" supposed to be and why is Thrown separate from Ranged? And was It really necessary on the magic side to have Water in addition to Ice when SMT usually does fine with just Ice? 

Nuclear, which I'm informed appears in Persona 5, originated in Persona 1 and shows up in Persona 2 as well, using Frei as its spell name. And Persona 5 had Psy too? Psy existed only in one game before that, the old and still untranslated 1995 Sega Saturn game Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner.

And I stand corrected, upon rechecking Megido does exist in P2, which makes for three different names for Almighty spells in that game, difference being how many enemies they target- one (Zan), all of one kind (Gry), and all (Megido). That sounds needlessly excessive.

I didn't even know psy and frei already existed before; assumed they were brandnew skills in Persona 5.

The more you ask, the more you learn...

Well, I'm even more interested to play older SMT games since I didn't know that so many skill elements existed so early.

Xenoblade 1 vs. Breath of the Wild is the BIG duel of round 1 for sure.

FE10 vs. Sky SC is the most painful duel for me, but I have to be honest to myself to say that absolutely nothing, not even a Trails game, can dethrone my FE10.

Anyways I'm going to sleep till tomorrow morning since I haven't past night.

Of course it won't happen until it has become dark.

I wished I had the ability to sleep at daylight...