Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Edit: Actually you don't need curry end requirements for true end. Why do the guides mention it as a requirement though...

Son_of_Godzilla_Minilla.jpg

All this time, i thought you did.

Well, at least i can reliably craft 700+ level items and equipment now.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

While Lulua is fun and all, i also wanted to see the others interacting with each other.

Yeah this is kinda the Atelier MO unfortunately. Atelier Escha & Logy and to an extent Shallie do work around this because you tend to have two protags present so there's more to work with but Atelier character interactions will more often than not have the protagonist present. The Sterk and Rorona ending in Lulua is probably the only character ending that doesn't have the protag at all iirc.

Atelier Ryza kinda lacks in the character interaction department (currently the only game in the series without character endings) but ironically, because of how compact the cast is, you get more character interactions between the whole party.

Speaking of characters....Stia...For how important she is, she's just kinda... there? Suddenly the plot started focusing on her and i was like ''wat?''.

Yeah the shift in plot was a bit jarring, especially since Arland doesn't really have plot. If it was Dusk or Ryza, it'd be more natrual.

the epilogue was kinda....weak? ''Jo we're going there Stia, let's go!'' Atleast the Sterk/Rorona ending was cool

Yes, Atelier endings are usually like this. It's why people focus more on the character endings rather than the true ends.

Time limit scares me ngl, especially with how much time i wasted in Lulua lool

Totori and Ayesha are the only times where time-limits are stinky.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Hmm... I'm seriously struggling to come up with a rating system...
Because... how do you rate racing games by their characters and stories when they have none?

You put "N/A" on those spaces.

• Replies 175.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

59 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I didn't even know psy and frei already existed before; assumed they were brandnew skills in Persona 5.

Curiously, Tatsuya's ultimate Persona had its exclusive skill Nova Kaiser (called Nova Cyther in Eternal Punishment because inferior translation) changed from Light+Almighty in Innocent Sin to Nuclear damage in EP. Considering the Arcana of Tatsuya's signature Personas is Sun, Nuclear alongside Fire make perfect sense for his elemental preferences.

1 hour ago, Robert Stewart said:

Does FE7 even have an S-Rank Staff?

No. And the +5 Hit S-rank bonus doesn't apply to status Staffs, making that rank completely useless.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well, at least i can reliably craft 700+ level items and equipment now.

Wew boy. Max i did was -390 or something like that

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Atelier Ryza kinda lacks in the character interaction department (currently the only game in the series without character endings) but ironically, because of how compact the cast is, you get more character interactions between the whole party

I see. I can dig the no character ending thing^^

As i said before, if you are gonna di character ending then go the full way make it VN like...

27 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Right, right. Thanks!

But I abandoned it, because I can't come up with a rating system that makes sense to me.

Not like mine makes sense, either xD

If you don't wanna bother with Ratings though, but still wanna keep track of games, you can do something like this

Title/developer/genre/status/score/notes

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not to mention my taste in games sucks anyhow.

Just like mine^^

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Wew boy. Max i did was -390 or something like that

Meanwhile, I barely managed to go over 150.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

If you don't wanna bother with Ratings though, but still wanna keep track of games, you can do something like this

Title/developer/genre/status/score/notes

Yeah, I'll probably do it like that then!
I'll probably leave the score out, though. Too hard. XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just like mine^^

If it's any consolation, I don't think so.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, I'll probably do it like that then!
I'll probably leave the score out, though. Too hard. XD

You can add stuff like hours played, date bought, cost, dlc, etc

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

f it's any consolation, I don't think so.

Then yours doesn't, either

Just now, Shrimperor said:

You can add stuff like hours played, date bought, cost, dlc, etc

Good idea!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Then yours doesn't, either

If you saw my attempt at rating some of them, you wouldn't be saying that. XD
But thanks.

I have played 145 games and 4 are currently firmly in my backlog, meaning 149 games total... oh boy. XD

Huh, apparently yesterday it reached over 50C here again. All the forecasts only talked about 47C or around there, so I wonder if it was the heat sensation the one who broke 50 instead.

That said, it was apparently still too hot it caused problems with the electric grid. Parts of the city were out of light for half an hour...

Yup.
When I first found out about that, I was like "whaa?" XD

Another funny thing is that Eva is Japanese Lissa (from Awakening).

Also, English VAs this time, but Meruru is Marianne, and Totori is Sothis.
And more Atelier VA trivia: in the English version, Sophie has the same VA as Nepgear, while Plachta is Nitroplus. And Sophie's friend, Monika, is Uzume.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

...I need to watch/play sometime happy. I read too damn much depressing stuff lately. Ugh.

Who are you and what did you do to Wraith?!?

Joking aside, what are your preferences on happy stuff? Something more comedy related, like, say Spaceballs or Life of Brian, or just something wholesome?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Who are you and what did you do to Wraith?!?

Joking aside, what are your preferences on happy stuff? Something more comedy related, like, say Spaceballs or Life of Brian, or just something wholesome?

I can believe I’m going to say this but...I was possibly thinking about...a JRPG...maybe...

Just now, Wraith said:

I can believe I’m going to say this but...I was possibly thinking about...a JRPG...maybe...

Then I'm honestly stumped, because I know that you wouldn't like most, if not all of the things I could recommend.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Then I'm honestly stumped, because I know that you wouldn't like most, if not all of the things I could recommend.

I’m...I’m willing...t...to...try...

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I’m...I’m willing...t...to...try...

Who are you and what have you done to Wraith?!?
I should probably stop teasing you like this. Sorry about that.

The Trails series might be good in that case (just stay away from the Cold Steel games). Trails in the Sky in particular lacks many of the things you dislike, I think.

4 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Something...happy sounding...

It doesn't get much happier than the Atelier games. Especially Atelier Rorona and Sophie.
Though Rune Factory is also rather relaxed for the most part, as far as I can tell.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Cosplay art when xD

Totori as Sothis or the other way around? XD
Man, I wish I could draw...

On that note, the first time I saw Lysithea's post-time skip outfit, my first thought was "that looks like Totori!" XD

Edited by DragonFlames

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Totori as Sothis or the other way around? XD
Man, I wish I could draw...

both work xD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On that note, the first time I saw Lysithea's post-time skip outfit, my first thought was "that looks like Totori!" XD

I mean Totori probably can create op bombs to match Lys' magic xd