Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Bahaaahahahahahah.

I told Anna our house's honor is "trivial at best" and she casted her vote my way.

These buffoons have nobody to blame but themselves. Their lord is clearly a snivelling bastard.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bro you liked Octopath Traveler.

Boost and break good.

Also music good.

13 hours ago, Benice said:

I admit that even though Shrimpy and Sooks alike hate Evo, I kinda like her portrait in Sky Evo as well...

I don’t actually know that much about it, I’m just filled with disgust every time I see the art style and know that the SC opening is cursed.

I'll be damned. I lost. Brigands are more powerful than legions...

Joke's on 'em though. I get to keep levels after losing. This beatdown has only brought Picoletta closer to ball toss. And then I can only assume she will become a menace to match the likes of Seth.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Boost and break good

Yeah, this is why I like it also.

Damn! This choice may require some deliberation.

Spoiler

Turns out, the buyer of the illegal salt is Svarog, Dragan's father. He is reluctant to believe our word that Dolphacula murdered his son, so our latest decision is this: reveal Roland is still alive to earn his trust, or be on our merry way.

Hmm... On the one hand, if we don't offer anything substantial, chances are the old man will come at us with blades withdrawn seeking revenge. But on the other, revealing that Roland is still just peachy and among us is just asking for trouble.

Hmmmmm...

I'll decide later.

Wampa stealth mission hype

Jar Jar has never looked so majestic.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I don’t actually know that much about it, I’m just filled with disgust every time I see the art style and know that the SC opening is cursed.

I think the art style is technically fine, it's just not as good as the original. If Estelle's annoyed face didn't exist, it would be alright.

The SC opening is also technically fine in a vacuum, if it didn't show things that happened five minutes before the final boss and if it didn't arbitrarily leave out certain characters. Zin had more screentime in the OVA for crying out loud.

12 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nowi's outfit is fine

Alm is as bad as Corncob

Rev good

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is now one of my new favorite Specials in any game.

I love how his wings are still flapping lmao

10 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The what?

Bloodborne has a mechanic called the Chalice Dungeons, which are essentially a rogue-lite (and completely optional) set of dungeons with bosses and enemies and all that. There are a couple of different chalices, (Loran, Isz and Yharnam, to wit) but you can also find different chalices by using glyphs. For some reason, the dungeon generated by entering the glyph "Cummmfpk" enters you into a dungeon where something that spawns offscreen dies after about ten seconds and drops 83k Blood Echoes- (Same things as runes in ER) which is an absurd amount. The best part is is that you can simply leave and come back to get another 83k. It's not needed to beat the game, and I think it might need PS+, but if you end up getting stuck, at least you can just cummmfpk.

(The community simply refers to it as the Cum Dungeon)

There's also a couple of Chalice dungeons that let you play cut content that wasn't supposed to be in the game-There are two unused bosses as well as a developer testing dungeon.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Benice likes her too and he's not anti-Trails though

Hey now, I wouldn't say I'm pro-Trails either. I am neither Sky fan nor CS fan, but a Josette enjoyer.

...And I'm still only in Ch. 1, so I haven't had too much time to let the game impress me.

How dare you.

This is terrible.

I kinda like it, but I think it's because I'm a degenerate.

Wait, is she wearing a stupid tiny hat? That's amazing. I love that specific thing in particular. Look at that thing, it's barely sitting on her head! It's gonna fall off any second,

I think that might actually be an idol thing in Japan. I don't know why (Nor do I fully know what an idol is) Josette of all characters is dressed up as an idol, but y'know what, any art of Josette is something I will accept. Well, other than art of the variety that I cannot legally view*, I would like wholesome art.

*I honestly doubt there is any, though.

6 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Plot twist. Everyone on Serenes is the same person. And it's you.

This makes me responsible for the massive Arknights posts on Ruben's Berwick LP! Nooooooo!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

, I’m just filled with disgust every time I see the art style

694751965_Josette_Capua_-_Bust_28FC_Evo29.png.6343f5656a46109bfe2af4c409a6b9bc.png

I dunno, doesn't seem too bad to me... Maybe some other people got the short end of the stick.

Surely it's not as bad as the Sky characters in Crossbell, right?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

the SC opening is cursed.

Does it spoil the entire game or something?

Edited by Benice

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Damn! This choice may require some deliberation.

Reveal hidden contents

Turns out, the buyer of the illegal salt is Svarog, Dragan's father. He is reluctant to believe our word that Dolphacula murdered his son, so our latest decision is this: reveal Roland is still alive to earn his trust, or be on our merry way.

Hmm... On the one hand, if we don't offer anything substantial, chances are the old man will come at us with blades withdrawn seeking revenge. But on the other, revealing that Roland is still just peachy and among us is just asking for trouble.

Hmmmmm...

I'll decide later.

I probably should get this game.

I probably should also stop opening spoiler boxes because I have no self control. This is me resolving to stop from now on (I only read something about Dragan’s dad before I stopped)

43 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The SC opening is also technically fine in a vacuum, if it didn't show things that happened five minutes before the final boss and if it didn't arbitrarily leave out certain characters. Zin had more screentime in the OVA for crying out loud.

The music sucks though. How did they take this

and get this out of it?

I mean, it’s probably not that bad if you don’t compare to the OG…

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

Does it spoil the entire game or something?

Yes but you see it so early in the game that a lot of it will be meaningless to you and not reaaaally be a problem. I just miss the OG music, and Kevin, Zin, and Agate.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes but you see it so early in the game that a lot of it will be meaningless to you and not reaaaally be a problem

So what you're saying is that watching it would be like you reading the comments of that Kiwami 2 song I posted a while back?

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

probably should also stop opening spoiler boxes because I have no self control

Sooks truly is the alternate dimension version of me that is good at math and isn't degenerate.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

Bloodborne has a mechanic called the Chalice Dungeons, which are essentially a rogue-lite (and completely optional) set of dungeons with bosses and enemies and all that. There are a couple of different chalices, (Loran, Isz and Yharnam, to wit) but you can also find different chalices by using glyphs. For some reason, the dungeon generated by entering the glyph "Cummmfpk" enters you into a dungeon where something that spawns offscreen dies after about ten seconds and drops 83k Blood Echoes- (Same things as runes in ER) which is an absurd amount. The best part is is that you can simply leave and come back to get another 83k. It's not needed to beat the game, and I think it might need PS+, but if you end up getting stuck, at least you can just cummmfpk.

(The community simply refers to it as the Cum Dungeon)

There's also a couple of Chalice dungeons that let you play cut content that wasn't supposed to be in the game-There are two unused bosses as well as a developer testing dungeon.

Interesting.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Classic.

-------

Also.

Elden Ring spoiler.

Spoiler

An entire friggin city under ground.

Ha.

I made my choice, in the end.

Spoiler

The more self-destructive choice would've been to not reveal Roland's identity, but... Eeehhh I am erratic at the best of times. So we trusted in Freddie's uncle. He's got a pretty badass design and randomly one of the game's best voice actors - and I loved his son. I want him on my side. Of course, he's an old man with a vengeance, which should guarantee his death, but... Then again, I don't know. The moment I saw Symon Wolffort, I went "yep, you're dying for dramatic effect." Instead, three characters I fully expected to turn evil perished really early on and Symon continues to breathe. Bedridden and unconscious, but alive and recovering thanks to Exharme's medicine.

I must say, the game's being less obvious than I initially chastised it for. I won't say any more than that outside of spoilers, but... Yeah. Not bad, Triangle Strategy. Not bad at all.

Another aspect that's grown on me is the extra characters. The timing of the first few was weird, and they still feel oddly disconnected from the main plot, but they compensate by being the most bizarre and fun units in the team. The main seven are all relatively simple and classic, but the rest are super creative and unique. You know how much I value that in my strategy games.

Also something I value is how transparent the game is with its information, and how intuitive and coherent its mechanics are. The game feels well put together, and is enjoyable simply to play. It's something I also enjoyed about Octopath. In fact, I'm feeling more and more that this is to Tactics Ogre what Octopath is to classic JRPGs: It retains the overall concept that was good, but it brushes up the formula and rids it of its archaic rust, greatly improving it and making it enjoyable even for those who didn't enjoy the originals it's inspired by.

Of course, story, but... Ehhh as I said, I'm easy to please. I'm honestly quite enjoying it. Then again, I enjoyed Octopath's little tales as well, so who am I to judge?

I can only hope the game keeps up this pace.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Alm is as bad as Corncob

Rev good

They only hate you because they know you are right.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Nowi's outfit is fine

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I probably should get this game.

The more I play it, the more I would recommend it, to be honest. The first five or six hours (first four chapters) are spent on setting everything up, with a lot of text and character introductions, not many battles and nothing much going on in the plot. It steadily ramps up after that, however. And I'll admit, the set up did make the first events after just a bit more effective.

Yes, I know, very ironic that this is coming from the man who don't like read.

As for the gameplay, it's solidly designed and great fun from the start. Only problem is that there isn't much combat at first. But then, a few chapters in, you unlock the tavern. It offers a variety of mock battles, starting simple and becoming more complex and interesting as the game goes. The ability to break the story's monotony at will with a straightforward battle is great, and the way experience gains are designed, you won't break the game's progression by doing them. Their main use is to catch up underlevelled units and obtain a number of materials and money to improve your gear. What I'm saying is, the tavern's awesome. And the tavernkeep, too, but that's another matter.

Of course, I'm not at the end, so anything goes, but so far, my impressions are positive.

I probably should also stop opening spoiler boxes because I have no self control.

It would be a good idea to stop, yes.

This is me resolving to stop from now on (I only read something about Dragan’s dad before I stopped)

Spoiler alert: Dragan's dad is the father of Dragan.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey now, I wouldn't say I'm pro-Trails either. I am neither Sky fan nor CS fan, but a Josette enjoyer.

r...And I'm still only in Ch. 1, so I haven't had too much time to let the game impress me.

Don't you have like a hundred hours in chapter 1, though...? That's a lot more patience than I was willing to dispense for it.

I kinda like it, but I think it's because I'm a degenerate.

Hmmm...

I think that might actually be an idol thing in Japan. I don't know why (Nor do I fully know what an idol is) Josette of all characters is dressed up as an idol, but y'know what, any art of Josette is something I will accept. Well, other than art of the variety that I cannot legally view*, I would like wholesome art.

*I honestly doubt there is any, though.

I'm just wondering how the thing is staying on her head. It's sitting on top of her hair, that thing's going to go flying the moment she moves!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm just wondering how the thing is staying on her head. It's sitting on top of her hair, that thing's going to go flying the moment she moves!

It probably has a neck strap, like this:

Geyoga 4 Pieces Pet Baseball Hat Outdoor Dog Sports Cap with Ear Holes and  Adjustable Neck Strap Dog Sunbonnet Dog Visor Cap for Dogs Pets (Small) :  Amazon.ae: Kitchen

Except very thin so it's not meant to be seen.

That's my guess at least.

I think I'm going to drop EpicKusoge 1. ☹️

The story so far has been great. It is entertaining pure sci-fi, and feels like there is constant movement without significant filler. I complained initially that the cutscenes drag for too long, but now I wish it was almost nothing else. 

It's the gameplay that is ruining it for me. I've made to the end of the 

Spoiler

memory

dungeon, and when I entered, I had 60 or more Escape Packs. By the time I reached the boss, I was down to 40, and could've lost more had I not successfully evaded enemies, to the point of even skipping on treasure chests. Fighting isn't fun at all.

It'd be one thing if only bosses were a chore, which the game has been iffy with up to this point, but generic enemies are bad. The Gnosis in the current area are too durable, too numerous, get too many turns and deal too much damage. This was true regardless of whether it was Shion & chaos or MOMO-Ziggy-Jr.. There were almost zero enemy formations I couldn't complain about. Healing isn't terrible with Medica All from Shion, but I'd like to say it feels too weak from both spells and items, or enemies attack too strongly. EP is in short supply and ever in need of replenishment as well. 

And I haven't a clue of what if anything I'm doing wrong. Are attack elements actually important and who is weak to what? How do later Tech Attacks compare with earlier ones. Why does this HI slot for Tech Attacks matter? What are everybody's full Ether lineups? But as this game is somewhat rudimentary, it doesn't feel like I could make significant improvement that would smooth things out.

I don't mind hard JRPGs. I've died and been ambushed plenty of times in SMTV, and despite any frustrations, I keep coming back to again and again for more gameplay, it's fun. I don't mind all games from yesteryear, either. Maybe it was because I was younger, but I never felt like this with Xenogears, despite it being even simpler than Der Wille Zur Macht. I've played through Dragon Quests III and IV from the NES, and a cornucopia of SNES JRPGs. I played SMTIII: Nocturne from the same console era to completion on Hard difficulty, and both Baten Kaitos games from Monolith too, no sweat for me. Sure not all JRPGs of antiquity click for me, I dropped Persona 1 fairly early, but, ideally with a few modern QoL updates (thank you Enix for those DQIII autosaves), I can stomach old JRPGs more than probably a lot of other people can. And I'd certainly be able to finish XS Ep. 1 if an HD remaster existed with an Easy Mode option tossed in that applied ~25-50% modifiers to damage taken and dealt. But as is, it's too much of a chore.

Now, the present boss I concede isn't as bad as the last, I think I can win. Although I probably shouldn't have brought both Shion and Jr.. I could probably kill it in ~20 minutes, provided it doesn't go Boost & aoe crazy as its health drops, nor that that insta-kill attack lands the insta-kills and results in me having to pop revives on a character, only to immediately see them KO'ed again before I can heal them more. However, the writing is on the wall, if I get past this, I have my doubts things will suddenly fall into place thereafter, I doubt the game is hiding any combat mechanic or feature that would soon enough fix the faults I'm experiencing.

---

Maybe I'll stop today. I'll take a break from XS for today, start Haven tomorrow (I was going to hold off until after Ep I., or start on White Day or when RF5 releases because romance, but I'm free to change my mind), and then having fully vented, try perhaps to get into Ep. I's combat again the day after that. If not, it's off to YouTube to partake of the half of XS that ascends straight to Heaven, not the portion that will be going to Purgatory. I wouldn't have to do this, if only PCSX2 had cheat codes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@Saint Rubenio

I just 

Hide contents

Made an enemy of the sand nation even more so now. Also trying to fight for the Rosellans freedom at this point.

I'm not even in the area at all... Haven't even had anything to do with those folks at all. What's the chapter number you're on?

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Elden Ring spoiler.

Spoiler

Is it the purple-y place that you access from an elevator, or is it something else?

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't you have like a hundred hours in chapter 1, though...? That's a lot more patience than I was willing to dispense for it.

33 hours, yeah. I know that it is an "it gets good later" kind of game, and by all accounts, I really should be well beyond where I am; I've seen but 10 hours of content. I usually have fun when I'm playing it, but I can't say I particularly like the cast. I've seen Olivier for only a few seconds so he barely counts, but on the first impression... I can't explain why, but I feel like I've seen exactly the same character many times before. My problem with the other three is mostly the fact that since I've played slowly, I've seen a lot of the same interactions many, many times. Same kind of problem I had with TH-The characters are fine, but I've seen too much of 'em with not enough substance behind it. Ultimately, that is my fault for my play speed, though.

Plus, given that it is the first game (as well as based off of what I have heard from some other people), I assume Sky FC is pretty rough and the future games will improve upon the gameplay.

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wonder if it was meant to be a hair clip that looks like a hat?

That, or Josette wears glue on her hair. Which is why she grew her hair out for CS3, se couldn't get the glue out and therefore couldn't cut it.

Looking over, secured with a hair clip at the bottom makes more sense and practical than tied around with a very thin strap, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not even in the area at all... Haven't even had anything to do with those folks at all. What's the chapter number you're on?

XII

Spoiler

The group has been branded heretics, excellent.